The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Asking for Damage Meter

• Feimerdre
    Feimerdre
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kililin wrote: »
    One provocative point:
    I dont get it, as a tank or healer i have to put up with being accused of something like to less heal/damage reduction all the time, and DPS *** their pants if they can be measured in any way. (of course again talking random groups)

There are only very rare dps checks in this game. This is where such a tool might make sense in any way. There is on the contrary 98% of content in this game which is not a dps check in any way.
    Fighting in ESO is _different_. Fighting as tank in ESO is _different_.
    A dps that pulls <insert random insanely high number here> but lets himself be hit by every 2nd hard hitter of a boss or mob without dodging or without interrupting will be a discussion base of what? Balance? I dont think so, Tim.
  • Kililin
    Kililin
    ✭✭✭✭
    Pulling high dps and playing like a tool do not go hand in hand.
    In fact one of the reasons for being on bottom of a dps meter is dieing.

It is just used as a shield against any dps discussion, of course it is first priority to learn how to dodge and interrupt and have an eye on your group members.
    To be honest i expect team members to be able to move out of the red, that is some basic ***.

Fighting in Eso is not different, the more dps you do the faster *** dies.
    If you are not able to move or read your opponent you die.

Just because eso uses tab targetting AND dynamic targetting does not make it so much different.
  • xramirez535b14_ESO
    Lol I remember in WoW when after every dungeon instead of people saying "Wow guys, great group! Thanks everyone, take care!" they would all post the recount list and quickly leave the dungeon. It seemed like a "lawlmewin bai!". :P
  • Ragefist
    Ragefist
    ✭✭✭✭
    Therium104 wrote: »
    They need to add dps meters. Whether casual or hardcore there is nothing wrong with knowing this information.

Incorrect

1st rule of online gaming: "Whatever can be abused, will be abused"

Everyone and his litttle sister know how it worked nicely in WoW and its clones
  • Feimerdre
    Feimerdre
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kililin wrote: »
    Fighting in Eso is not different, the more dps you do the faster *** dies.
    If you are not able to move or read your opponent you die.

This is simply not true. We talk of stock MMOs here, all a tank needs is defensive
    Skills or a block skill and equipment. In ESO you can be equipped like Mt. Everest, any AOE or likely the second will blow you off your socks.
    In stock MMOs tanks have taunts and most likely ae taunts to bind large groups of monsters. In ESO you have ONE ST TAUNT thats all. Try binding a group - the first sorc or nb in your group will peel off any mob from you.
    Fighting IS INDEED different in ESO. If you dont admit that it will be hard discussion over here.