The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Fashion of Tamriel

• ElleShaped
    ElleShaped
    ✭✭✭
    Rev Rielle wrote: »
    This is exciting, though I'm wondering how - if at all - the implementation of the dye system will make (again) much of what you're working on obsolete? i.e. The upgrades that change texture, not mesh.

From what I've seen so far, it shouldn't invalidate the 'style' part of the thing - the dye will change the colors but the physical pattern and the textures should stay the same.

That's one of the reason's I've put off doing the upgrades, actually - I figured that once we could dye things and change the colors, that 'palette change when you raise quality' thing would become irrelevant.

So, I'm not going to stop yet; once the dyes come out of course I'm going to reevaluate but I think the core concept still works.

And woah, I am so looking forward to dyes.

Also... guild crest and tabard! Woo! Now my secret shady vampire House can have its very own totally not even a little secret bling! Ok. So I'm torn on that. I want an awesome crest but I ca'n't show anyone in character what do I dooooooo?!?!?!?
    Lady Spider of House Arachne, represented by the guild Sanguine Ascendancy. We have a website, too:housearachne.enjin.com

Visit me at my Patreon, www.patreon.com/ElleShaped, or check out my gallery at elleshaped.deviantart.com
  • Rev Rielle
    Rev Rielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes that is what I was getting at:
    -Levels change the mesh (The styles),
    -Quality changes the textures (The colours).

Though, that being said some quality changes seem to increase the reflection/shininess of certain materials. Guess we'll just have to wait and see.
    Edited by Rev Rielle on June 5, 2014 1:08PM
    If you can be anything, be kind.
  • reggielee
    reggielee
    ✭✭✭✭
    excited that one day soon I wont look like a bag lady who robs corpses for whatever armor she can get

thanks for all the work you put into this
    Mama always said the fastest way to a man's heart is through his chest.
  • Mataata
    Mataata
    ✭✭✭
    I really hope they don't "gameify" dyes. I just want to be able to color things like I want them, not scrounge around looking for colors for hours on end for one single item.
    I love the Power Glove! It's so bad!
    i also do art and stuff i guess, here's my twitter
  • ElleShaped
    ElleShaped
    ✭✭✭
    They are letting everyone have some colors and tying others to certain achievements, so anyone can have a decent range of looks but effort and accomplishment will be rewarded as well.
    Lady Spider of House Arachne, represented by the guild Sanguine Ascendancy. We have a website, too:housearachne.enjin.com

Visit me at my Patreon, www.patreon.com/ElleShaped, or check out my gallery at elleshaped.deviantart.com
  • Mataata
    Mataata
    ✭✭✭
    ElleShaped wrote: »
    They are letting everyone have some colors and tying others to certain achievements, so anyone can have a decent range of looks but effort and accomplishment will be rewarded as well.
    Hm, interesting. I would like it if achievements were a little more substantial.
    I love the Power Glove! It's so bad!
    i also do art and stuff i guess, here's my twitter
  • Arora
    Arora
    ✭✭✭
    I should have never wandered into this forum. I have to play ESO on the worst settings. I miss so much of the beauty of the game. :( It makes me so freaking sad. Time to start saving for a new computer that can handle it
    Arora Moon - EB- Nightblade
    Arora Moonlight- EB- Sorcerer
    - GM Souless-

Hail Sithis - Glory to the Night Mother

• Rev Rielle
    Rev Rielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mataata wrote: »
    ElleShaped wrote: »
    Hm, interesting. I would like it if achievements were a little more substantial.

What do you mean by that?

The achievement tab in the game is basically a check-list you can look over and think 'okay it looks like I've done/experienced most of the content in that region/area of the game'. I personally think it's a little strange to have dyes linked to the achievement tab (It feels a little like you're getting a reward for a reward), but it is what it is, and over all I think it's a good system.
    If you can be anything, be kind.