Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance. https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656543/temporarily-taking-down-the-pts-the-pc-na-live-server

Fashion of Tamriel

• Diaboli
    Diaboli
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you for all of your hard work! This helped me out a lot. I mix medium and heavy on my DK, and I think I'm gonna go with:

Nord Heavy Helm
    Khajiit Med Shoulders
    Redguard Heavy Chest
    Khajiit Medium Belt
    Orc Heavy Legs
    Khajiit Medium Gloves
    Nord Heavy boots

I might have to keep the redguard legs to keep the set from clashing, but it looks like the colors would go well together.
    If I throw a dog a bone, I don't care to know how it tastes... - Brick Top
  • ElleShaped
    ElleShaped
    ✭✭✭
    I'd love to see what the final result looks like!
    Lady Spider of House Arachne, represented by the guild Sanguine Ascendancy. We have a website, too:housearachne.enjin.com

Visit me at my Patreon, www.patreon.com/ElleShaped, or check out my gallery at elleshaped.deviantart.com
  • Marrkkiid
    Marrkkiid
    Can you please upload these to ESO-Fashion. It would be much easier to view.
    Great work, though! Thanks!
  • ElleShaped
    ElleShaped
    ✭✭✭
    Woohoo! 3,000 views ?!?! Holy crap!

Thanks to the folks who have sold me materials and to my friends and guild mates who have given their time and effort helping out gathering stuff, and thanks to Adrienne Valeria for making all of the Imperial motif stuff for me since I still don't have that book.

Thanks all y'all who hit 'awesome', too!

As far as ESO Fashion goes, I would like to keep my stuff centralized here for the moment. Things are going to be really up in the air with the dye system coming soon, too, so I definitely wo'n't do that before it happens. We will see after.

Back to managing my crazy vampire house and making more armors!
    Lady Spider of House Arachne, represented by the guild Sanguine Ascendancy. We have a website, too:housearachne.enjin.com

Visit me at my Patreon, www.patreon.com/ElleShaped, or check out my gallery at elleshaped.deviantart.com
  • Insanyti
    Insanyti
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you and all those involved for the time, effort, mats and gold that went into putting this together! :D
  • ElleShaped
    ElleShaped
    ✭✭✭
    Whoooooooo boy this patch.

I'm still downloading it, but once I'm on I am going to start reviewing all of the VR armors I have and can easily make to see how the corrections to the appearances change things.

I'm really hoping that it means there will be more variation, especially in the VR6+ category.

I'll keep y'all updated once I have a chance to check things out!

• nudel
    nudel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Apparently the armors changed significantly with this patch.

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/100452/new-armor-colors-with-patch#latest
  • ElleShaped
    ElleShaped
    ✭✭✭
    I know. It was a correction to the effects and textures to the VR armors. That's what I was referring to.

It shouldn't affect anything that isn't a VR armor, so the majority of the pictures remain accurate and I will be working to see what needs fixing in the VR tiers as fast as I can.

• ElleShaped
    ElleShaped
    ✭✭✭
    Ok. All patched up and logged in. I made a full run of Breton Medium chestpieces, and compared to each other and to the pictures I have in this thread.

My findings are that the changes didn't affect the level 1-50 armor appearances, as expected.

VR1 and 2 have the same appearance as each other, as before.
    VR3 has a different appearance from 1 and 2, as before.
    VR4 and 5 have a different appearance from VR3, which is new, because it used to be 3-4-5
    VR6, VR7, VR8, VR9, and VR10 now all have their own appearances!

All of the VR armor appearances have changed from before. I'm going to leave the pictures I have already posted in the thread until I get the updated ones to replace them, because in nearly every case the base shape is still the same, it's just the shading and coloration that varies. It's a huge difference for a lot of them, too. My VR10 Medium armor is actually attractive now, at purple quality, instead of being kinda blah when compared to white and green quality at the same level.

Pretty much as I expected, though the extra looks in the 6-10 range are a happy surprise.

I'll of course keep things updated here, and also I'll confirm VR11 and 12 once I get them.
    Edited by ElleShaped on May 22, 2014 9:42PM

• ElleShaped
    ElleShaped
    ✭✭✭
    Oh snap, it seems I might have been hasty in my declaration that the 1-50 armor is unchanged.

I'm going to have to put things on hold until I get a chance to take a more thorough look at all the armor I have available to me right now to see what might be different.

Eek.

• Rev Rielle
    Rev Rielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like there are changes dispersed throughout all the level ranges.

I haven't checked it out myself yet, but have a read through this post for some details
    If you can be anything, be kind.
  • ElleShaped
    ElleShaped
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, a few guildmates showed me several similar screenshots. It's awesome because all of the textures and details look really sharp now. I'm really loving how everything looks.

It just made this whole project a zillion times more worse though.

On the plus side, the House Arachne guild bank should be activated in the next day or two so even if I do have to remake every single piece of armor, I can bank them for male pictures too. I have a male guildmate whose up in the VR, too, so that's good.

• ElleShaped
    ElleShaped
    ✭✭✭
    Righto!

I'm going to take a short break from this to get up to VR12 and gather some resources, and then once my gbank is up and I have a chance to collect myself, I'll start in on this in a much more organized manner. And I'll have the male shots this time, too!

At least now I don't have to go through and doublecheck my spreadsheet anymore, hehehe.

• DanteYoda
    DanteYoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    none of the pictures are showing up?
  • Insanyti
    Insanyti
    ✭✭✭
    Sadly, this means (besides just looking for a basic idea of style) both this thread AND Eso Fashion are going to have to be redone.

I don't envy you guys your task!! lol
  • Rylana
    Rylana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Quite possibly the best armor out there, bosmer shadowhide

i know the arm cops are wrong, it was a dropped item im using in lieu of a crafted set item i havent finished the research on yet.

the 1.1.2 changes are amazing for this armor, it no longer looks drab and colorless

7ndIeYj.jpg
    @rylanadionysis == Closed Beta Tester October 2013 == Retired October 2016 == Uninstalled @ One Tamriel Release == Inactive Indefinitely
    Ebonheart Pact: Lyzara Dionysis - Sorc - AR 37 (Former Empress of Blackwater Blade and Haderus) == Shondra Dionysis - Temp - AR 23 == Arrianaya Dionysis - DK - AR 17
    Aldmeri Dominion: Rylana Dionysis - DK - AR 25 == Kailiana - NB - AR 21 == Minerva Dionysis - Temp - AR 21 == Victoria Dionysis - Sorc - AR 13
    Daggerfall Covenant: Dannika Dionysis - DK - AR 21 == The Catman Rises - Temp - AR 15 (Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade)
    Forum LOL Champion (retired) == Black Belt in Ballista-Fu == The Last Vice Member == Praise Cheesus == Electro-Goblin
  • ElleShaped
    ElleShaped
    ✭✭✭
    I totally agree. My Breton Shadowhide went from blah to amazing. I love how the armors look now - nearly all of them - and I'm looking forward to diving in to the new pictures!

• zanven
    zanven
    ✭✭✭
    I really don't like the obsession with gold in the heavy armor dwarven ingot phase. I figured maybe it was just that tier but ebony seems to have the same obsession.
  • Insanyti
    Insanyti
    ✭✭✭
    I ended up creating Level 40 Light Armor for each of the regular Motifs and taking screenshots of the chest pieces from white to green to blue quality. XD

I do hope all the people who uploaded to ESO Fashion have a chance to re-upload as they go along!
  • ElleShaped
    ElleShaped
    ✭✭✭
    The first new pics are up! I did all of the Brigandine VR1/2 and all of the Voidsteel VR9 (except Imperial, for the moment.)

I'm already extremely happy with how they look now.

• Rev Rielle
    Rev Rielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here are a couple. The normal has changed in colour, but the fine is largely still the same.

RevOufit42SpidersilkNormal_zps4bf7f2d9.jpg
    Level 42 Spidersilk Redguard Normal

RevOufit42SpidersilkFine_zps164009be.jpg
    Level 42 Spidersilk Redguard Fine
  • Insanyti
    Insanyti
    ✭✭✭
    I just recently went through and made Level 40 chest pieces for Light Armor for all the regular motifs, taking screenshots for White, Green and blue qualities for each so there are THREE screenshots for each style.

Again, they are only the CHEST pieces and Level 40, nothing more. (Wanted to know what I was getting myself into when I made my current outfit.)

http://postimg.org/gallery/6v9gp5ly/a14b05a7/

Thankfully, looks like Post Image did three to a row, so each row is one style/motif! :D
    EDIT: Though they are arranged Blue, Green, White (the titles are at the bottoms of the images).
    Edited by Insanyti on May 25, 2014 3:53AM
  • ElleShaped
    ElleShaped
    ✭✭✭
    Those are some great pictures! Thank you both for sharing.

• Rev Rielle
    Rev Rielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    More Post Patch v1.1.2

ehvdh1cqieke.jpg46 Ebonthread Redguard Normal

rxpr2ivpoutb.jpg46 Ebonthread Redguard Fine

y7pybpv8d0ii.jpg46 Ebonthread Redguard Superior
  • ElleShaped
    ElleShaped
    ✭✭✭
    Big update tonight, mega heavy armor edition.

Added a ton of Quicksilver, Voidstone VR10, Calcinium, and some scattered other materials here and there.

• Rev Rielle
    Rev Rielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here's another to add. At first I was disappointed with this look, but when I saw the way it reflects light, I soon changed my mind. Such is unfortunately difficult to show image-wise. Don't forget to add this (and the posts above) to your list, Elle, if you like. No use you recreating the wheel, so-to-speak.

kw7bjs3n7src.jpg
    46 Ebonthread Redguard Epic
  • ElleShaped
    ElleShaped
    ✭✭✭
    Oh, absolutely! I need to set to work on the upgraded looks, which is not something I've entirely decided how to show visually without making it hard to view all at once.

I think I have a solution. I have a batch of new pictures I took to format and post, too, so I'll deal with them all at once! <grin>

Thank you for the pictures! The upgrades are going to be by far the most resource-intensive part, so savings in that area are welcome.

I finally have a male model who is high enough to wear a lot of the armor that I've already made, so those pictures will be getting spliced in as well!
    Edited by ElleShaped on June 1, 2014 8:27PM

• ElleShaped
    ElleShaped
    ✭✭✭
    Big batch of updates again; all of the Brigandine for which I had pictures now have male model pictures as well, and a smattering of other types have gotten the male picture treatment as well.

Thanks to Rand A'Tor, a guildmate of mine, for modelling for me!

• Rev Rielle
    Rev Rielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is exciting, though I'm wondering how - if at all - the implementation of the dye system will make (again) much of what you're working on obsolete? i.e. The upgrades that change texture, not mesh.
  • Mataata
    Mataata
    ✭✭✭
    Grr, we need dyes already! Also, thank you for all your hard work!
    I love the Power Glove! It's so bad!
    i also do art and stuff i guess, here's my twitter