[NA] - [Aldmeri Dominion Primary] - [RP] - House Arachne - Eight Eyes Turn Towards Morrowind

ElleShaped
ElleShaped
✭✭✭
HA-Logo-No-Words.jpg
rumbling in the distance

Do you feel it?

Do you feel the change in the air?

a hot, fetid breeze stirs

The King of *** has been stymied

His lack of elegance his killing curse

sulfurious wind gusts with stinging sand

For three years have we grown in secret

Nestled in the bosom of Altmer plenty

ash drifts down like snow

The Webspinner is stirring in Her Skein

All, Mortal and Greater, tremble before Her plan

fire upon the horizon

It is time that we, strong and fed once more, stir as well

We turn our eyes toward the land where She has her heart upon Nirn

To Morrowind

For posterity, the following was the original recruitment post:

You hear them, don't you? At night, in a darkened room, outside under the stars, deep in a cave?

Those whispering voices, just out of the reach of hearing and yet still leaving their traces on your mind...

rasping silk against stone

Do you feel alone? Do you rage against the world that doesn't acknowledge your value? Do you wish for a way to strike back at those who have wronged you?

Does the sensation of... things... waiting in the darkness beyond bring with it, along with the fear, that rush of excitement? Of danger? Of power?

gleaming eyes in the dark

You have been lied to all of your life. Taught to fear that which can liberate you, taught to shun that which can make you whole.

We can show you another path, a truer path, a way through blood and pain and fear to come out the other side joined to our web and stronger than you could imagine.

House Arachne is here, waiting for you to join our web. We bring to you the Sanguine Ascendancy you have longed for in the secret parts of your heart you wo'n't admit even to yourself.

Unlock your potential, harness the power, and free yourself from the stifling morals and strictures of that lie the elite call 'society' which the wealthy and the powerful use to keep you in line and enslaved.

Come to us. We will help you. We will free you.[/center]

(Sanguine Ascendancy is a small, tight-knit group of roleplayers interested in all aspects of the game. It represents House Arachne to the world, lead by the Lady Spider, Brielle Shadowlorn. The blood of Lamae Bal flows through the House, bringing the gift of vampiric power to those worthy. Contact us here or in game if the night calls to you as it does to us. I can be reached at @EBannion in-game. Check my signature for more information on us and our associates.

There are places in our web for mortal agents, as well, if the gift does not appeal to you. Forced into undeath herself, the Lady Spider would never impose it upon another who did not truly wish it in their heart, but our loving embrace and the support of our Family is extended to those loyal to House Arachne in life, as in death.)
Edited by ElleShaped on April 21, 2017 5:31AM
Lady Spider of House Arachne, represented by the guild Sanguine Ascendancy. We have a website, too:housearachne.enjin.com

Visit me at my Patreon, www.patreon.com/ElleShaped, or check out my gallery at elleshaped.deviantart.com
  • ElleShaped
    ElleShaped
    ✭✭✭
    Now with 10,000% more logo.
    Lady Spider of House Arachne, represented by the guild Sanguine Ascendancy. We have a website, too:housearachne.enjin.com

Visit me at my Patreon, www.patreon.com/ElleShaped, or check out my gallery at elleshaped.deviantart.com
  • ElleShaped
    ElleShaped
    ✭✭✭
    House Arachne continues its slow and careful expansion.

Our tendrils now reach into every corner of Tamriel. Our agents move freely in all three factions, and with our allies in the Conclave of the Blood we lay claim to large portions of Cyrodiil as our feeding grounds as well.

As the war against Molag Bal's invasion grows in pitch, we move more freely and we expand our holdings and our power.

The Lord of Domination long ago lost his hold on the Lady Spider and it is her sworn mission to see every one of his servants dead or turned away from his worship.

If you desire power over others, come to us.
    If you desire freedom from your laughable mortal morals, come to us.
    If you desire to see your enemies brought low and their plans unravelled, come to us.

All within House Arachne, both mortal and of the Blood, answer to none but our own.

We will be here, waiting, watching.
    Edited by ElleShaped on May 16, 2014 1:08AM

• ElleShaped
    ElleShaped
    ✭✭✭
    Slowly spreading in the cover of night, the strands of our web reach out tendrils and link together. Moving deceptively slowly, sudden leaps of progress seem to appear out of the chaos overnight.

House Arachne swells with the blood of our prey and our strength has never been greater.

Soon, the Lady Spider will turn her attentions from her cautious seeking of new Family and begin to address the growing ranks of our enemies and those who would hunt us simply for who and what we are.

If you seek to harm our House, from the lowest pet to the Lady Spider herself, know that you are not safe, even when you think you are hidden. We will find you.

If you seek to join the liberated and the powerful, come to us. You simply need to wish it, and cast your wishing into the night wind, and we will find you.

There are always eyes glittering in the darkness.

• ElleShaped
    ElleShaped
    ✭✭✭
    The web spreads ever wider, its strands already so many and so insidious that it is impossible to root it out entire.

Those who hear her whispers on the night wind or who feel the cold touch of her fingers in a darkened room know the truth - the Lady Spider is everywhere and nowhere. Her eyes gleam from the darkness and she hears everything - your pounding heart, your rasping breath, the soft cry of fear when you realise that there is -something there-, in the darkness, beside you.

If you are not part of the Family, then you are prey. There is no middle ground.

Save yourself.

Join us.

• ElleShaped
    ElleShaped
    ✭✭✭
    (( House Arachne now has a guild website at: housearachne.enjin.com

Feel free to visit us and learn more! ))

• arsenic34
    arsenic34
    Soul Shriven
    Add me up
  • ElleShaped
    ElleShaped
    ✭✭✭
    arsenic34 wrote: »
    Add me up

Perhaps you should contact me in-game, or at least give me enough information that I can contact you.

• Kyubi_3002b16_ESO
    Kyubi_3002b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    This one is looking for a home to clean. Please give this khajiit maid a home

Yolanah Runepelt

(Ex: crimson princess, I can actualy help a lot)
    Edited by Kyubi_3002b16_ESO on June 17, 2014 5:18PM
    One bow to darken the sun
    One bow to unite the clans
    One bow to conquer the world and in darkness drown it...

- Prophecy of the tyranny of the sun
  • ElleShaped
    ElleShaped
    ✭✭✭
    Our strands now firmly anchored across the world, and our roots have sunk deep into Auridon.

Now not even the concerted effort of a group of fanatical Stendarrian hunters can slow our plans, nor can they keep the whispers from reaching the ears of those who will become new assets, allies, or members of the Family.

If you do not stand with us, you are prey. If you should be so foolish as to stand -against- us, you will be wise to fear every dark corner because we will be there, watching and waiting, choosing the perfect time to strike.

• ElleShaped
    ElleShaped
    ✭✭✭
    Last night we came together as a House and we showed the zealots and the self-righteous that we have the will and the power to survive. The secret temple of Stendarr, the high priest of the order, and the bloodthirsty followers of his hypocritical teachings were destroyed.

Their relics have been plundered, their shrine profaned, and all but one of their most powerful followers were slain. The last of the three rabble-rousers was allowed to live, so that she may contemplate her folly and live with the pain of knowing that she was not strong or clever enough to save her sisters or their followers.

• Leofalcon
    Leofalcon
    ✭✭
    I had the pleasure of meeting and RP'ing with Brielle and Adrienne of House Arachne last night, and I can attest that one won't be disappointed with this group. I thoroughly enjoyed it, and we didn't kill anyone or do anything outrageous. If they can make an IC conversation engaging, they're quality folks.

Two thumbs up.
  • ElleShaped
    ElleShaped
    ✭✭✭
    Despite the zealotry of the followers of the 'god' of 'mercy', House Arachne stands strong and continues to weave our future into that of Auridon, Tamriel, and all of Nirn.

Those of you who think that simply worshipping those who are our ancestors is sufficient to protect you from our power, or that it gives you free license to harm our people, take the destruction of the Firsthold cult as an example of your folly.

There is yet time for those wise and brave enough to step into the shadows and be accepted. One day, it will be too late, and the tide of blood will sweep away our enemies. Do not be counted among them if you value your life and your family.

• ElleShaped
    ElleShaped
    ✭✭✭
    House-Arachne-Afternoon.png

• ElleShaped
    ElleShaped
    ✭✭✭
    After assisting an allied clan in rescuing one of their own from the clutches of this Arkay cult, the Lady Spider is now more convinced than ever that we are on the right path.

Our people are safe, our home is secure, and we will do anything and everything to keep it that way. These cultists seem to be from the mongrel off-castes - the low peasantry, whipped into a fury by a small group of instigators. Is this simply an action against our House and those like it? Is this an intentional plot by the Thalmor or the Heritance to discredit those they see as 'lesser races' as well as destroy those they find objectionable by planting the right suggestions in the ear of the mob?

Or is something larger and more sinister at work?

Whatever it is, the Lady Spider will stop at nothing to find out.

The shadows conceal and protect us.

• ElleShaped
    ElleShaped
    ✭✭✭
    (( This story is too long to post in this thread as well, so I will just toss a link up here ))

You are cordially invited to join House Arachne in 'A Night At The Opera'

• ElleShaped
    ElleShaped
    ✭✭✭
    Here we are.

Here we will remain.

There is no force on Nirn that can destroy the House Arachne, because we are more than the bodies and the places and the things - we are ideals, lurking in the dark corners of your mind. We are secret whispers, floating on the night wind. We are shadows shifting just outside the corners of your eye.

Treachery by those we considered friends will not crush us, it will only make us more wary, more vigilant, and draw us more tightly together as we defend those we call our own.

A dark power has tainted those we once called allies. The God of Schemes and his machinations are everywhere, compelling and seductive. We must always remember the First Mother's story; those who wronged her will never be accepted and those who follow them are shunned and reviled. Those tainted must be cleansed if they repent, or destroyed if they embrace the corruption. We cannot allow our past relationships cloud our judgement - swift and decisive action is needed to stem the tide of darkness lapping even now around our feet.

Come to us, children of the night. We will stand, always defiant, always united. House Arachne follows no law other than the will of the Lady Spider, and the Lady Spider will never accept the rule of a traitor to the Blood. Never again will the Betrayer hold power over her or hers.

If you feel the darkness already coiling inside of you, come to us. We will drive it from you, with silver, with fire, with magicka, with a soft touch or a punishing force. We will protect you, with potion, with philter, with ward, or with bindings of the finest silk rope or the strongest steel. With blood it will be exorcised, and with blood will you be remade.

But if you do not come to us, if you accept the darkness... then we will be there, one day, and you will know that is your day of ending.

• ElleShaped
    ElleShaped
    ✭✭✭
    There are three pillars of proper worship of the Lady of Whispers. I come to you to day to speak on the first, the most obvious, the most feared: Murder.

Murder is not simply the taking of a life. Without artistry, without beauty, without dedication to the Webspinner, a life taken is simply slaughter; it is no different from the killing of a lamb by the butcher or the savaging of the rabbit by the wolf.

Assassination, the secret face of Murder, is the pinnacle of grace and glory. The target, unaware. The assassin, hidden in the shadows, knowing all. The chase is a dance, during which the two grow inexorably closer, the target ignorant of their fate and the assassin certain of the outcome from the beginning. When at last the moment comes - whether it be the poison passing their lips, the rope snaking about their throat and tightening with final intensity, or the cold steel or silver of the sacrificial knife slipping into their heart - the target becomes aware of their part in the dance. The assassin's breath whispers the prayer of sanctification of the act, and then she moves on, to collect her payment and to plan the next dance. And the world... the world is none the wiser.

Genocide, the public face of Murder, may seem artless to those who do not understand; but those without the will to see are always doomed to be the lamb, the rabbit, and the victim. It takes skill, coordination, foresight, and a will of steel to see an entire population eradicated - whether it be an ideology, a bloodline, a village, or a tradition. Properly executed, Genocide can turn the fate of an entire nation; it can change the course of history like a rockslide can completely change the path of a river, or a volcanic eruption can reshape the very land upon which we walk. The excision of an idea or a people is not undertaken lightly, but when enacted, the Rite of Genocide is a beautiful and glorious act.

If you wish to learn more about the Pillars, or if this calls to you, look no farther. Simply whisper our name in the darkness, and look for the gleaming eyes of our messengers: we will hear you, and we will find you.

Our name is House Arachne, and it tastes of blood.

• ElleShaped
    ElleShaped
    ✭✭✭
    Now, we shall learn about the second of the three Pillars of proper worship: Sex.

Of the three primary Pillars of worship of the Lady of Whispers, Sex is the one which has the greatest draw and the strongest effects on the masses. It is also the most misunderstood. While it is true that sex itself is a sacrament to the Lady, it is only notable or remarkable when conducted in the temple itself, or consecrated by a disciple with the proper prayers.

The secret face of Sex is Seduction, and it is an art all its own. One skilled in its practise can draw an individual, cloud their mind, and take from them anything and everything - secrets, innocence, dignity, freedom, even their very lives.

The outward face is the art of the Courtesan, those individuals who can take and hold the attention of any and all in court, on the street, or wherever they may be. With skill, one can guide the attention of all present, often without revealing their efforts as intentional, and allow any number of covert actions to take place during their distraction, tangling minds the way a breeze can tangle a web.

If you find this lesson compelling, find a dark place, face the wind, and whisper your desires into the darkness. We will hear them, and we will come for you.

(( Anyone interested in House Arachne should contact me, @EBannion, one of our Champions - Sindrillion, Champion of Secrets (@WillBeFine) and Miara Valerius, Champion of Murder (@Lenneth526), or our Head of Household, Meka Horokeu (@Juniper_Eris)

You can also find a link to our website and forums in my signature! ))
    Edited by ElleShaped on July 26, 2015 11:00PM

• ElleShaped
    ElleShaped
    ✭✭✭
    First post updated

Figured, new expansion, three year anniversary coming up, might as well do a revision

<3