The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Fashion of Tamriel

• ElleShaped
    ElleShaped
    ✭✭✭
    Added L4, L8, and L14 Argonian Heavy (Flint) and Bosmer Heavy (Bone), as well as L4 and L8 Khajiit Heavy (Iron).

And the march onward continues!
    Lady Spider of House Arachne, represented by the guild Sanguine Ascendancy. We have a website, too:housearachne.enjin.com

Visit me at my Patreon, www.patreon.com/ElleShaped, or check out my gallery at elleshaped.deviantart.com
  • nikorub14_ESO
    nikorub14_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    <3
  • ElleShaped
    ElleShaped
    ✭✭✭
    Added a bunch of Veteran rank stuff - some Kresh, Ironthread, Brigandine, and Ironhide equipment.
    Lady Spider of House Arachne, represented by the guild Sanguine Ascendancy. We have a website, too:housearachne.enjin.com

Visit me at my Patreon, www.patreon.com/ElleShaped, or check out my gallery at elleshaped.deviantart.com
  • ElleShaped
    ElleShaped
    ✭✭✭
    So, um. Looking through the pictures, it looks like Medium VR3 armor (Brigandine) and Medium VR4 armor (Ironhide) has the same appearance. I know for sure that VR1 and 2 share appearance, too. I can confirm when I get to VR5, but perhaps it's every 2 ranks the style changes.

It's weird because it's a departure from the pattern in the 1-50 pattern of each material having a new look.

I'm going to whip up some light armor to see if it is the same there, to confirm the pattern is for all armor.

The plus side is that even though there's no Heavy VR3 breastplate, I can still get the look into the thread using the VR4 one as a standin (assuming I'm right on the pattern.)

[EDIT]: Confirmed for Light armor as well, Kresh VR1 and VR2 have one style, and then Kresh VR3 and Ironthread VR4 have a second style. Strange, but at least it's consistent.
    Edited by ElleShaped on April 25, 2014 9:29PM

• mcatchlovb16_ESO
    mcatchlovb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Awesome work. Thanks for doing this for all us lazy people :blush:
  • ElleShaped
    ElleShaped
    ✭✭✭
    Ok, the posts are fixed to compensate for this discovery. There's a silver lining (well, to be honest, two of them): 1. I can use Galatite VR4 to get the missing appearance of the Calcinium VR3 chestpieces, which means I can get all of those sets done now instead of waiting for the missing one to be added, and 2. I can combine the VR1-2-3 and VR4-5-6 materials for that middle look, which means less leftover unused materials.

• ElleShaped
    ElleShaped
    ✭✭✭
    ... and now Calcinium VR3/Galatite VR4 pics for the base 9 are done!

• ElleShaped
    ElleShaped
    ✭✭✭
    Ok. Got to VR5, made a few test pieces, and it appears that VR5 is the same as VR3 and 4. So strange. That means no new tier of pics tonight with the new rank, which makes me sad, but it means I can sell off some of these materials to buy stuff for some of the missing lower tiers, which is good.

• ElleShaped
    ElleShaped
    ✭✭✭
    Finally got Blacksmithing Tempers 3/3, so I dumped all the Honing Stones I had been hoarding into green armor sets for the thread. Added green images for:

Bosmer Bone L4,8,14
    Khajiit Iron L4,8
    Imperial Dwarven 36,42
    Breton Brigandine VR3

also blue image for Breton Brigandine VR3

G'night!

<EDIT> Oh wow, over 1k views already? Y'all make me feel loved!
    Edited by ElleShaped on April 28, 2014 7:57AM

• ElleShaped
    ElleShaped
    ✭✭✭
    Ok, just hit VR6 and it is indeed a new look. Woo! I can use up these Galatite Ingots that have been clogging up my bank. Look for a batch of updates later tonight.
    Edited by ElleShaped on April 29, 2014 10:55PM

• ElleShaped
    ElleShaped
    ✭✭✭
    Added all Galatite VR6 except Bosmer, Khajiit, and Imperial (Ran out of ingots)

Also made the section titles a little easier to see when scrolling quickly because I felt they were too easy to miss.
    Edited by ElleShaped on April 30, 2014 8:59PM

• ElleShaped
    ElleShaped
    ✭✭✭
    Made it to VR7 tonight, made a test chestpiece and confirmed my hunch that VR6 (Ironhide) and VR7 (Superb) are the same in appearance.

I'll get the last few missing Heavy VR5/6/7 pieces up tomorrow, as well as as many of the Light and Medium pieces as my current materials support. Huh. I wonder if I could use 'as' more times in one sentence and still be grammatically sound?

The end is in sight! Once I make it up to VR10, I'll be shifting my focus from leveling and experiencing the amazing world of Tamriel over to fleshing out this project and filling in the many holes left in the lower tiers.

If anyone is interested in assisting, contact me in-game and I will be happy to arrange to purchase materials at reasonable prices - at the moment I need literally every kind of metal, leather, and cloth in huge quantities as well as copious amounts of upgrade materials. I'm not going to push for anything above green any time soon, because it's damn expensive.

• ElleShaped
    ElleShaped
    ✭✭✭
    Just a quite note to clarify, because I must've been tired the other day when I made a few posts, here is the style breakdown for the vet rank armor so far:
    VR1     A
    VR2     A
    VR3     B
    VR4     B
    VR5     B
    VR6     C
    VR7     C

• ElleShaped
    ElleShaped
    ✭✭✭
    Added Breton Ironhide VR6/Superb VR7 White/Green/Blue, since I made it and upgraded it for actual use.

Is it just me, or does the Blue quality look less awesome than the white and green quality? It also is quite similar to the VR1 look, which is more weird. It's not the same - there're some slight tint differences in the green edging on the pants, but... strange design decision.

Working on Heavy and Light armor pictures now. Leather is just way harder to get than cloth or metal. Once I get to VR10 and can start buying stuff those gaps will be the first ones I fill.

• ElleShaped
    ElleShaped
    ✭✭✭
    Another batch up! Most of the Ironthread VR6 <AND> Silverweave VR7 stuff, and the rest of the missing Galatite VR6 <AND> Quicksilver VR7 stuff

• ElleShaped
    ElleShaped
    ✭✭✭
    So I hit VR8, and it is confirmed to be the same as 6 and 7 in appearance.

Two to go!
    Edited by ElleShaped on May 3, 2014 9:20PM

• ElleShaped
    ElleShaped
    ✭✭✭
    Added the Imperial Calcinium in white, green, and blue now that Adrienne made it to VR1. Congratulations to her on that!

Also Imperial Kresh, just in white for now.

• ElleShaped
    ElleShaped
    ✭✭✭
    And now I can confirm that VR9 is the same as 6, 7, and 8. Looks like they made that appearance span four levels so that the final new appearance could be at VR10.

I hope.
    Edited by ElleShaped on May 5, 2014 4:52PM

• ElleShaped
    ElleShaped
    ✭✭✭
    Since VR9 didn't yield any new images, and I've been pushing too hard for 10 to stop and play the market for materials for the lower tiers, I've added the two Veteran Rank reward costumes, the Golden Saint costume and the Dark Seducer costume, to the initial post as a sort of between-courses appetizer. I really like them, especially the Dark Seducer one. It's Brielle's new 'formalwear', if you will.

• ElleShaped
    ElleShaped
    ✭✭✭
    Good news / bad news sort of thing:

Good news! I got VR10!

Bad news! No new style! That means 6-7-8-9-10 are all identical! BOO!

Good news! New costume! Mannimarco style! I put it in the initial post with the other two VR Reward costumes.

• ElleShaped
    ElleShaped
    ✭✭✭
    Huge batch of updates.

Added a ton of green quality images to some of the heavy armors (Argonian Flint, Breton, Bosmer, Redguard, Khajiit, Altmer, Dunmer) and some of the high-end light armors (in fact, nearly all of the VR3+ are complete now)

My discovery that Ironthread VR6, Silverweave VR7/8, and Voidcloth VR9/10 are all the same appearance meant that the huge stockpiles I had been accumulating on the trip up to VR10 let me crank out all of the white quality images, and the pile of hemming I'd accumulated meant a ton of the green images are also done. The same goes for the medium and heavy armor materials.

Now I have a lot of extra high-end metals and cloth to sell off and then I can reinvest the gold into the lower-tier materials; expect to see them get filled out now that the leveling is done.

That's all for now; I hope y'all are enjoying the game and finding this thread useful!

• ElleShaped
    ElleShaped
    ✭✭✭
    Interesting development!

I've been working on my VR10 equipment and, since I'm likely to be wearing it for a while, I decided to go ahead and upgrade the whole set of armor to Purple quality.

I compared my screenshot from the Ironhide VR6/Superb VR7-8/Shadowhide VR9-10 and it seems visually indistinguishable from the Blue quality set.

Obviously this is just one set of armor, but it's an interesting find. I'm going to see if I can find any blue and purple drops from the same item level range and compare them as well, to see if this holds true for all of the armor.

• ElleShaped
    ElleShaped
    ✭✭✭
    Oy! I was unable to access my forum account all weekend because of a subscription renewal system SNAFU, but it's fixed now. Added an image for the Altmer VR6+ Light Armor Green Quality... it's beautiful. I really like the iridescent effects that some of the armors have, most notably Redguard and Altmer armors.

• ElleShaped
    ElleShaped
    ✭✭✭
    And now the blue Light Altmer VR6+ is up too. Seriously disappointing change from the green quality; it lost that awesome color-shifting effect.

On the plus side, it sounds like the underwhelming appearance of a lot of the VR armors is due to a bug with the visuals: a lot of them (or perhaps all of them) lose their specular map, which makes them look dull, flat, and boring.

I'm holding out hope that when that is fixed they'll suddenly look a lot better. That'll mean more work for me but it's the kind I enjoy so it's all good.

Also, it seems that the dye system is moving along, from what the devs have said in places around the forums, though it will likely be a while before it goes live.

• Willow
    Willow
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you very much for sharing this with all of us!
  • ElleShaped
    ElleShaped
    ✭✭✭
    Getting ready to do another big batch of armors tonight, so I went through and cleaned up some inconsistent nomenclature and also a couple of images that were mislabled.

Theoretically, the fix for the specular map for the veteran armor styles will be in quite soon. I'm not sure if this only applies to the vet motif armors (barbaric, primal, ancient elf, daedric) or also for the VR armor in the standard styles.

I'll test to be sure once that fix is in.

• ElleShaped
    ElleShaped
    ✭✭✭
    Huge batch of updates.

Alphabetical by race:

Altmer:
    Medium:

Full-Leather
    Brigandine
    Brigandine VR3
    Ironhide VR6

Heavy:

Iron L4
    Iron L8
    Iron L14
    Dwarven L42

Argonian:
    Light:

Shrike (Jute)
    Parrot (Cotton)
    Ibis (Spidersilk)
    Quetzal (Ebonthread)

Medium:

Crocodile (Full-Leather)
    Ironhide VR6

Heavy:

Whinstone L42 (Dwarven)
    Obsidian (Ebon)

Bosmer:
    Heavy:

Bone-Reinforced L42 (Dwarven)

Breton:

Light:

Spidersilk
    Ebonthread

Heavy:

Iron L4

Dunmer:
    Light:

Linen
    Cotton

Medium:

Full-Leather
    Ironhide VR6

Heavy:

Iron L4
    Dwarven L42
    Ebon

Khajiit:
    Medium:

Hide

Nord:
    Light:

Cotton
    Spidersilk
    Ebonthread

Medium:

Ironhide VR6

Heavy:

Iron L4
    Dwarven L42

Orc:
    Light:

Ironthread VR6

Medium:

Ironhide VR6

Redguard:
    Medium:

Ironhide VR6

Phew. That was quite a list.
    Edited by ElleShaped on May 16, 2014 1:05AM

• ElleShaped
    ElleShaped
    ✭✭✭
    Another big batch of updates; added a ton of Jute (Homespun/Shrike) both level 1 and level 4, Ebon, Dwarven, and Fell Hide/Largosuchus.

• ElleShaped
    ElleShaped
    ✭✭✭
    So I'm grinding my way through the Homespun. Because of how many tiers of appearance there are, and because the level 14 one takes twice as many (!!!!!) pieces as the level 1 one, it's a long trip.

However, I found another little interesting bit of trivia as I did this: The Argonian light and medium armors don't just have a different name from the other races, there are three!
    Weight            Light           Medium

Level 1-6         Shrike          Anole
    Level 8-10        Chukar          Gecko
    Level 12-14       Turaco          Skink

The heavy armors don't do this, nor do the Bosmer heavy armors, even though they've different names from the rest there's just the one name for 1-14.

Back to taking pictures...

• ElleShaped
    ElleShaped
    ✭✭✭
    Another big batch; nearly all of the Homespun is done - all level 1, 4, and 8, and about a third of the level 14 ones. All of the Ebonthread is now done (finally got Redguard in there, which was missing for some reason). All of the Rawhide level 1 and almost all of the level 4 is done. All of the Brigandine VR1 is done. Most of the Linen is done.

My new favorite light armor:

Breton-Cotton.bmp