Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

Stuck in "The Colored Rooms" after killing Molag Bal

• dobrt
    dobrt
    sovreign wrote: »

One of the core philosophies of The Elder Scrolls Online is to allow you to play the way you want.

Unless of course the quest don't work... Then sacrifices will be made, and you will kill whoever the hell we tell you too, to make the damn thing work!

“Any customer can have a car painted any colour that he wants so long as it is black.”
    ― Henry Ford
  • alvinp90b16_ESO
    The ESO support sometimes...
    "I may have a solution that has worked for a couple players so far. It's going to sound silly but all I ask is that you try it out.

Please try and change your language settings to either French or German. This should put your character in a new phase which may help you progress through the Colored Rooms.
    Simply open up your client. Click on the cog wheel icon in the top right corner of the screen and select which language you wish to change to in the drop-down.
    You may set you language back to English after you have completed the quest."
    Ebonheart Pact / European Server
    L50 Magicka Nightblade / PvP Executioner
    L50 Stamina Dragonknight / PvP/PvE DPS
    L50 Stamina Sorcerer / PvP/PvE DPS(?)
    L50 Magicka Templar / PvP Healer
    Don't ask help from me for any Group Dungeons or Trials...
    ... because I've never done any of that
  • sovreign
    sovreign
    ✭✭✭
    The ESO support sometimes...
    "I may have a solution that has worked for a couple players so far. It's going to sound silly but all I ask is that you try it out.

Please try and change your language settings to either French or German. This should put your character in a new phase which may help you progress through the Colored Rooms.
    Simply open up your client. Click on the cog wheel icon in the top right corner of the screen and select which language you wish to change to in the drop-down.
    You may set you language back to English after you have completed the quest."

Play the way you want, Just not in your language.

Edit: Im playing through again, after completing all quests in Coldharbour (30/30)
    now when i enter coldharbor, Abnur Tharn wants to speak to me. he never did that before.
    Another thing thats changed, when i enter the great hall where Manimarco is being tortured, a Titan flies in from above, that also never happened before.
    Im still playing through, about to face MB so will let you know with another edit if it works.

Edit 2
    Omg IM FREE!
    Worked this time around. I am now in veteran content, thank the five.
    Another change i noticed, when killing MB, i had to drop his HP bar all the way down, Whereas before, when the quest was broken, i was cutting his arms off at around 1/3 of his health.

Anyway, all i can recommend doing is Finishing all quests in Coldharbour. thats what has seemed to trigger its completion for me. Maybe it will be different for you, But good luck nonetheless, Hope this post helps at least some of you.

vet ranks here i come.
    Edited by sovreign on May 9, 2014 6:41PM
    "Soon you will see, that evil will always triumph, because good ... Is dumb"
    -Dark Helmet, Spaceballs
  • alvinp90b16_ESO
    Lucky you are! Tried the quest again, I have already completed all of the Coldharbour quests and it's just the same as before. But did you complete the group dungeon quest too?
    Edited by alvinp90b16_ESO on May 10, 2014 12:06PM
  • sovreign
    sovreign
    ✭✭✭
    Lucky you are! Tried the quest again, I have already completed all of the Coldharbour quests and it's just the same as before. But did you complete the group dungeon quest too?

If your talking about the Vaults of Madness, no, i haven't completed it.
    I dont know of any other group dungeons in Coldharbour

Edit:
    Ah, unless you mean the Village of the lost, then Yes, ive completed that one. but not VoM.
    Edited by sovreign on May 10, 2014 12:16PM
    "Soon you will see, that evil will always triumph, because good ... Is dumb"
    -Dark Helmet, Spaceballs
  • alvinp90b16_ESO
    sovreign wrote: »

If your talking about the Vaults of Madness, no, i haven't completed it.
    I dont know of any other group dungeons in Coldharbour

Edit:
    Ah, unless you mean the Village of the lost, then Yes, ive completed that one. but not VoM.

Yeah, it was VoM I meant. Everything else I have completed too. Have got the achievement to complete all quests and have completed all dungeons (except VoM) and I still can't finish the last main quest. :(
  • alvinp90b16_ESO
    Okay, the support gave me a good way to complete the quest. I abandoned all my other quests that I had so I only had the God of Schemes quest left. I then logged out and took like a break for 20-30 minutes. Logged back in again, played the quest and everything had been reseted. I was able to complete the quest. Abnur Tharn talked to me once I got inside Heart's Grief and the Titan flew into the room where you either can free Mannimarco or just let him stay there. After that everything was the same as before for me but I could finally get talk to Meridia inside The Colored Rooms and reclaim my soul.

So for those that still are stuck on this quest inside The Colored Rooms or even stuck after Molag Bal have got down on his knees, try this atleast. Worked for me and it will probably work for you too.
  • Stav222
    Stav222
    Soul Shriven
    Im 46 level DK and iam stuck in Coloured Rooms(no Npc appear to reclaim soul).Its still buged?Need to be 50 level to finish the quest?
  • Stav222
    Stav222
    Soul Shriven
    Abandoned all other quests worked for me
  • ashleywinters
    ashleywinters
    Soul Shriven
    JUNE, friday 13th
    just so you guys know, its still not fixed lol. i have two characters stuck at veteran 1. i wont even bother ticketing. if i tell them that i'm stuck in the coloured room with no npc they'll probably tell me to check my flash player or some ***.
  • Ashtaris
    Ashtaris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This is just BS, plain and simple. I go through all the trouble of building up my character, enjoying the journey of doing all the quests, defeating the big guy Molag, only to be stopped by a stupid bug that has been around since Launch? ZSO should be ashamed to have let this one go so long without a real fix. I'll try the "German" fix but I don't have much faith this will fix it, and I sure as heck don't intend on fighting Molag again. Ticket submitted: 140614-011410.
  • erikbruessel
    erikbruessel
    Soul Shriven
    Okay, the support gave me a good way to complete the quest. I abandoned all my other quests that I had so I only had the God of Schemes quest left. I then logged out and took like a break for 20-30 minutes. Logged back in again, played the quest and everything had been reseted. I was able to complete the quest. Abnur Tharn talked to me once I got inside Heart's Grief and the Titan flew into the room where you either can free Mannimarco or just let him stay there. After that everything was the same as before for me but I could finally get talk to Meridia inside The Colored Rooms and reclaim my soul.

So for those that still are stuck on this quest inside The Colored Rooms or even stuck after Molag Bal have got down on his knees, try this atleast. Worked for me and it will probably work for you too.

I tried this as well, and it worked for me! I did choose a different sacrifice (Lyria instead of Sai) and I saved Mannimarco. I also saw the Titan appear in Mannimarco's room -- that didn't happen before.

The funny thing for me was when I was stuck in The Colored Rooms and abandoned all of my other quests, an NPC from Craglorn showed up and tried to get me to restart her quest. Not sure which one, but it was certainly weird.