Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

Stuck in "The Colored Rooms" after killing Molag Bal

• MCNerdFlail
    b101uk wrote: »
    This all works perfectly for me last night, no problems at all. (DC quest line - EU server)

So the devs should not fix the problem?

I'm not sure why you wanted to share on a thread that focuses on a bug, to say the opposite. It's as if it's a troll attempt, or maybe you want to console the devs and let them know others are getting past the bug. Except the devs would know people got past and really anyone would when they see some have vr's that are 5 and above.

Take it however your conceited mind want to take it, but in tracking the cause of a “bug”, the choices others have made who don’t have the bug are just as important to them for diagnosis of the problem as them that do get the bug happening.

But anyway I sacrificed Varen.

You did not offer any useful information on a bug thread. Now you insult people trying to explain your illogical actions with it not being useful on a bug thread. You are a troll, and you be remembered as troll. Good thing for your name being anonymous but too bad for putting uk as if you are a worthy representative to troll us on this thread without anything constructive. Look up the definition of conceited. Sometimes native speakers get a little too comfortable or proud of their speaking habits to not realize how broken their comprehension skills are.

Now that you mention you sacrificed varen it became a bit more useful. Thanks for dancing to our beat. Anything else you want to dance to since the music is still playing?
  • Ariane
    Ariane
    ✭✭✭
    I'm stuck in this room too, but I talked to the NPC and the quest updated. I cannot travel to any player, or teleport and if I relog, I am right here.

I got disconnected when the NPC was teleporting me (as a separated issue, this happens a lot after last patch, every time I travel through a portal or to a new zone, I have a 50% of chaces to get logout).

I'm going to send a ticket and I'll update you with the result.

Updated: ok, easier than that, I used Cyrodiil to travel :)
    Edited by Ariane on April 20, 2014 12:18AM
    "I am not an Argonian. I am a crocodile"
  • b101uk
    b101uk
    ✭✭✭
    This all works perfectly for me last night, no problems at all. (DC quest line - EU server)

I'm not sure why you wanted to share on a thread that focuses on a bug, to say the opposite. It's as if it's a troll attempt, or maybe you want to console the devs and let them know others are getting past the bug. Except the devs would know people got past and really anyone would when they see some have vr's that are 5 and above.

Take it however your conceited mind want to take it, but in tracking the cause of a “bug”, the choices others have made who don’t have the bug are just as important to them for diagnosis of the problem as them that do get the bug happening.

You did not offer any useful information on a bug thread. Now you insult people trying to explain your illogical actions with it not being useful on a bug thread. You are a troll, and you be remembered as troll. Good thing for your name being anonymous but too bad for putting uk as if you are a worthy representative to troll us on this thread without anything constructive. Look up the definition of conceited. Sometimes native speakers get a little too comfortable or proud of their speaking habits to not realize how broken their comprehension skills are.

Now that you mention you sacrificed varen it became a bit more useful. Thanks for dancing to our beat. Anything else you want to dance to since the music is still playing?

as I said, you are conceited and fail to grasp the absolute basics of diagnosis, while twisting something oh so simple as an attempt to troll yourself in your original quote/reply, also to be specific I didn't insult "people" as my comment was specifically directed at YOU NerdFlail given your attempt to troll, which is why you got the deserved reply you got, after all my short/simple original sentence had more useful diagnostic info in it than ALL the moaning drivel YOU have so far written in this thread.

Perhaps you would like to explain why my original statement was illogical rather than merely just saying it is? or perhaps regale us with your version of diagnosis and the logical steps that are taken to get one, I will give you a hint through, “moaning” is NOT one of the steps ;)
  • pronkg
    pronkg
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've had this issue. Teleport to cyrodill and go back to the harborage.
    It will reset your quest so you can try your luck again. (You can rush through it quite fast)
    Worked for me after the first try.

You know you can post ingame help tickets right? I usually get a response within 1 - 4 hours
  • Brunlea
    Brunlea
    ✭✭
    16th time now. I've killed Molag Bal, been transported to the "Colored Rooms" and there are no NPC's of any kind to interact with. I've waited long enough I think for the issue to be resolved (Over a week from first ticket). I can't progress into the Veteran content so I feel no need to pay per month to play at this stage.
    Edited by Brunlea on April 21, 2014 8:33AM
  • danvis
    danvis
    Nice of you to put "spoiler alert" -.-

Close this thread down for spoiler reasons -.-
  • Epsilon_Echo
    Epsilon_Echo
    ✭✭✭✭
    Anyone tried post-patch?
  • Brunlea
    Brunlea
    ✭✭
    Anyone tried post-patch?

Yes, didn't work. Still the same issue.

• Epsilon_Echo
    Epsilon_Echo
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ok, sad to hear that. Has anyone tried a clean install?
  • Brunlea
    Brunlea
    ✭✭
    I've done it, finally! I decided to complete the two remaining quests in my log (Ones that were fixed today) and then I went back and tried the story quest again. It then worked from the start as my companions spoke to me. They never did that before.

I think moving around the World for an hour or so may have give it a total reset.
  • SuperScrubby
    SuperScrubby
    ✭✭✭
    I guess I'll comment on this thread since it's kind of devolved into all issue surrounding god of schemes quest.

But I know that when I had an issue with Molag Bal the first time I tried to relog after beating him and couldn't finish it. Someone said to warp to a guildmate then warp to Harborage and start the quest over.

I didn't have to choose a different companion, chose Sai both times and it worked the 2nd time. As for the colored rooms I luckily didn't experience that, but maybe you can do the same method and just defeat molag bal again. He was pretty easy to me, HP never dropped below 80% :D

Just remember the 5 D's of dodgeball and you'll be fine.
  • Sakiri
    Sakiri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    danvis wrote: »
    Nice of you to put "spoiler alert" -.-

Close this thread down for spoiler reasons -.-

Why the hell would they close a bug thread because of spoilers? Or do you always not read thread titles before opening the thread?
  • MCNerdFlail

as I said, you are conceited and fail to grasp the absolute basics of diagnosis, while twisting something oh so simple as an attempt to troll yourself in your original quote/reply, also to be specific I didn't insult "people" as my comment was specifically directed at YOU NerdFlail given your attempt to troll, which is why you got the deserved reply you got, after all my short/simple original sentence had more useful diagnostic info in it than ALL the moaning drivel YOU have so far written in this thread.

Perhaps you would like to explain why my original statement was illogical rather than merely just saying it is? or perhaps regale us with your version of diagnosis and the logical steps that are taken to get one, I will give you a hint through, “moaning” is NOT one of the steps ;)

The fact that you are still talking on a customer support thread with no issues and nothing to add means you are lacking cognitive abilities or serious social skills to not see what you are doing is wrong. Some people lack the ability to see themselves from the outside.

Now you try to draw an image of me being conceited and now into a sexual and vulnerable situation wher I am moaning. So maybe you are looking for a sex partner and want attention. I'll just say I'm not interested, and I'm sure even with your bad social skills you will understand and move on.

Also I'm still stuck in colored room and the devs are not ontop of this issue as they should be.
  • jonahx
    jonahx
    I am still having this issue. Has anyone found any other work arounds? I tried moving around the world completing some leftover quests and came back to try for the 10th time. Still the same problem. This is beyond frustrating.
  • etupa
    etupa
    Soul Shriven
    US server, bug remains... >.> I'm stucked here right now, sad, at this moment <.>
    Edited by etupa on April 29, 2014 7:31PM
  • o_0
    o_0
    ✭✭✭✭
    I was able to complete this 1st try no problems, my friend on the other hand has this problem, has done the quest 8 times with the same results, now hes rarely logging in as he can no longer progress or play with friends in veteran content :\
  • Oblongship
    Oblongship
    ✭✭✭✭
    *Edited: Insulting*
    Edited by ZOS_LenaicR on April 29, 2014 8:30PM
  • etupa
    etupa
    Soul Shriven
    Thanks for the Cyrodill tip, I've re-killed MB and this time it's good :)
  • ZOS_LenaicR
    ZOS_LenaicR
    ✭✭✭✭
    Please keep in mind that, per our Community Code of Conduct, it is never acceptable to insult other members of the community, and that even heated discussions should remain constructive and civil.

We would like to keep this discussion open, so we encourage everyone to please be respectful of one another’s opinions.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited Social Team - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | Base de connaissance ESO

Staff Post
  • Dajimglo
    Dajimglo
    I think I'm on my 8th trip to deny the will of Molag Bal only to have my success thwarted by the lack of a portal/person in the Colored Rooms. I've done just about everything suggested in this and other forums to no avail. Now, the mission will not let me drop it to reset it. I have done the other tricks to get it to reset with no satisfaction. It brings me great sadness. Greater still is the lack of a courtesy email/whisper/carrier pigeon letting me know that customer service received my plea.
  • rhoekieb16_ESO
    fix this crap already or people will leave this game faster then you can say ARCHAGE,because thats where many will go.
  • Brunlea
    Brunlea
    ✭✭
    fix this crap already or people will leave this game faster then you can say ARCHAGE,because thats where many will go.

I doubt people will leave to play a "F2P cash-shop in your face" game. I'd rather play WildStar :smile:
  • sovreign
    sovreign
    ✭✭✭
    Just Completed Killing MB. Stuck in Meridias room with no npc's and no way out. could not even zoom out in map to teleport to another locale. had to tp to another player in guild. It's the main fckng quest line, is it really that hard to get the main quest working? Step it up a notch people. god
    "Soon you will see, that evil will always triumph, because good ... Is dumb"
    -Dark Helmet, Spaceballs
  • Osi
    Osi
    ✭✭✭
    I got NPCs to spawn and I saw the dialog with Molag Bal and Meridia, but I can't talk to Meridia to finish off the quest... She's just floating there with an arrow over her head and can't talk to her.
  • rhoekieb16_ESO

I doubt people will leave to play a "F2P cash-shop in your face" game. I'd rather play WildStar :smile: [/quote]

I know for a fact,many guilds are or will leave TESO for AA.

And yes,it will be F2P,bit in no way pay to win via cashshop.

NA/EU release of AA will hurt TESO real bad.
  • Tantalus
    Tantalus
    "Also I'm still stuck in colored room and the devs are not ontop of this issue as they should be." /quote

About 3 weeks maybe more and the only official post in this thread is about manner...

nothing to add.

• sovreign
    sovreign
    ✭✭✭
    Just completed again after Patch. Can confirm that issue has not been fixed. Stuck in colored rooms with no npc's/waypoints.

EP Questline
    Breton Sorcerer V1
    Sacrificed TitanBorn and Varen on each occasion.
    Edited by sovreign on May 6, 2014 8:40AM
    -Dark Helmet, Spaceballs
  • moquerreeb17_ESO
    If you selected Sai, choose Lyris or Varen
    If you selected Varen, choose Lyris or Sai
    If you selected Lyris, choose Varen or Sai

Some very professional advice from the customer support.

"Cross your fingers and try one more time. Did not work? A pity.
    Reboot your computer then. Blessings of the moons upon thee! Peace!"
  • alvinp90b16_ESO
    I have not played on my main character for 3 weeks soon because of this broken quest. Why in the world are you not fixing main quests first instead of side quests?
    Edited by alvinp90b16_ESO on May 6, 2014 11:33AM
    Ebonheart Pact / European Server
    L50 Magicka Nightblade / PvP Executioner
    L50 Stamina Dragonknight / PvP/PvE DPS
    L50 Stamina Sorcerer / PvP/PvE DPS(?)
    L50 Magicka Templar / PvP Healer
    Don't ask help from me for any Group Dungeons or Trials...
    ... because I've never done any of that
  • sovreign
    sovreign
    ✭✭✭
    If you selected Sai, choose Lyris or Varen
    If you selected Varen, choose Lyris or Sai
    If you selected Lyris, choose Varen or Sai

Some very professional advice from the customer support.

"Cross your fingers and try one more time. Did not work? A pity.
    Reboot your computer then. Blessings of the moons upon thee! Peace!"

One of the core philosophies of The Elder Scrolls Online is to allow you to play the way you want.

Unless of course the quest don't work... Then sacrifices will be made, and you will kill whoever the hell we tell you too, to make the damn thing work!
    -Dark Helmet, Spaceballs