Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

Stuck in "The Colored Rooms" after killing Molag Bal

Brunlea
Brunlea
✭✭
I've defeated Molag Bal and was transported to the Colored Rooms. I'm now stuck as no NPC spawned (I assume i've to talk to an NPC) and there's no way off/out. I've tried to jump off the edge also.

Any suggestions? I've tried relogging/reloadui and I can't drop the quest as it is the main one to open up the Veteran content.
Edited by Brunlea on April 15, 2014 5:10AM
  • Brunlea
    Brunlea
    ✭✭
    Ticket ID: 140411-070992

I've now killed him four times and still no joy.
    Edited by Brunlea on April 12, 2014 1:13AM
  • Brunlea
    Brunlea
    ✭✭
    Six times. Heard many others may be in the same position.
  • dermottib14_ESO
    dermottib14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Im stuck too, nothing in this room. What the hell?
  • Brunlea
    Brunlea
    ✭✭
    We hear it may have been fixed on the US Megaserver. Hoping the EU will see some of these fixes soon :)
  • Żubr
    Żubr
    Killed him few times. Then stucked on Colored Rooms loading screen just to get an error. After loging in, im at boss again, but bugged. Have to do it all over again for the same resul...
  • dermottib14_ESO
    dermottib14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Not fixed on NA. Killed him twice again today. 1-2k repairs every time. This is crap.
  • dermottib14_ESO
    dermottib14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Kill him again today, transported to the colored rooms, quest log looks like it reset and wants me to kill him again. Zennimax this is a game breaking issue. Could we have a response?
  • dermottib14_ESO
    dermottib14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Why label this a customer support forum? I see no customer support happening.
  • Ventroff
    Ventroff
    ✭✭✭
    Lol, no doubt.
  • Evilmog
    Evilmog
    I've been waiting since April 2nd for a fix for this.
  • dermottib14_ESO
    dermottib14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    And not even mentioned in the patch notes.....really?!?!
  • Lucent
    Lucent
    ✭✭
    Wait.. we get to kill Molag Bal? Spoiler alert? :p
  • Brunlea
    Brunlea
    ✭✭
    Still not fixed here either.

• J1xx3r
    J1xx3r
    yes we have quite a few members with this issue, hope it can be resolved real soon and one member has even left the game over it! :-S
    Join the Elder GEEKS in TESO!
    talkGEEK Gaming Community - Talking a lot of GEEK on www.talkgeek.net
    talkGEEK Forums | talkGEEK Facebook | talkGEEK Twitter | talkGEEK TwitchTV | talkGEEK Steam
  • Brunlea
    Brunlea
    ✭✭
    ...still bugged :neutral_face:
  • Kloaked
    Kloaked
    ✭✭✭
    I've had this issue for a week now. I think I've killed Molag Baal at least five times, then I get stuck in Meridia's room. I was hoping for a fix today :l
  • colton.josephcub18_ESO
    Did they fix anything in the patch today?
  • dermottib14_ESO
    dermottib14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Still bugged. I CANNOT PROGRESS, THIS IS GAMEBREAKING.

Please address this ZOS and give us a status update.
  • Brunlea
    Brunlea
    ✭✭
    11th time and still no NPC spawns.

Edited by Brunlea on April 17, 2014 7:03PM
  • MCNerdFlail
    Your responses are very calm considering how game breaking this is. I can't progress at a normal pace and I'm being held back from other activities such as Pvp by not furthering my vr rank at the normal rate since I don't have access to the vr content. Is it really difficult to at least allow people to do vr content while people wait for this game breaking bug to be fixed?

I'm stuck in the colored room and wasted several tries and over an hour without any progress.
    Edited by MCNerdFlail on April 17, 2014 2:41PM
  • Brunlea
    Brunlea
    ✭✭
    Well we have to be. It is on the list of quests to be fixed so just hoping it will be fixed soon.
  • scruffycavetroll
    scruffycavetroll
    ✭✭✭
    sorry guys you're having this problem...you're all telling me though that there should be no real rush to get to the end then, i can take my time?
  • Brunlea
    Brunlea
    ✭✭
    sorry guys you're having this problem...you're all telling me though that there should be no real rush to get to the end then, i can take my time?

There's never a need to rush to end-game :) But I would suggest slowing it down anyway for TESO until they fix things and respond to tickets.
  • b101uk
    b101uk
    ✭✭✭
    This all works perfectly for me last night, no problems at all. (DC quest line - EU server)
  • MCNerdFlail
    b101uk wrote: »
    This all works perfectly for me last night, no problems at all. (DC quest line - EU server)

So the devs should not fix the problem?

I'm not sure why you wanted to share on a thread that focuses on a bug, to say the opposite. It's as if it's a troll attempt, or maybe you want to console the devs and let them know others are getting past the bug. Except the devs would know people got past and really anyone would when they see some have vr's that are 5 and above.

My vr is still 1, when it should be much higher along with better equipment.

I have yet to experience vr content and what that has to offer. I am having an incomplete eso experience because of this bug.

Your post is off topic.
  • Brunlea
    Brunlea
    ✭✭
    Not fixed on NA. Killed him twice again today. 1-2k repairs every time. This is crap.

The repairs and potion costs are killing me :smile:

• Brunlea
    Brunlea
    ✭✭
    Just had a response to my first ticket. Hoping it works for others but it didn't for me:

Blessings of the moons upon you.

I really apologize for the delay in this response. We are aware of the issue with Molag Bal's fight and we are working towards a fix for the issue.
    To work around this problem, we recommend that players leave the instance for about 20 minutes, zone to another map region, and then return to the Harborage to start the quest again.
    We also recommend selecting a different sacrifice from the one you originally selected.

If you selected Sai, choose Lyris or Varen
    If you selected Varen, choose Lyris or Sai
    If you selected Lyris, choose Varen or Sai

If you continue to experience the issue, please let us know and we'll be happy to continue assisting you.
    Thank you for your continued interest and support!

Warm Regards,
    The Elder Scrolls Online Team
  • MCNerdFlail
    Brunlea wrote: »
    Just had a response to my first ticket. Hoping it works for others but it didn't for me:

Blessings of the moons upon you.

I really apologize for the delay in this response. We are aware of the issue with Molag Bal's fight and we are working towards a fix for the issue.
    To work around this problem, we recommend that players leave the instance for about 20 minutes, zone to another map region, and then return to the Harborage to start the quest again.
    We also recommend selecting a different sacrifice from the one you originally selected.

If you selected Sai, choose Lyris or Varen
    If you selected Varen, choose Lyris or Sai
    If you selected Lyris, choose Varen or Sai

If you continue to experience the issue, please let us know and we'll be happy to continue assisting you.
    Thank you for your continued interest and support!

Warm Regards,
    The Elder Scrolls Online Team

Never got this possible solution, but it sounds ridiculous. I would think they are treating me like an idiot to try this out. Solution might work and might as well be, waste 20 mins trying, then if it doesn't work, stand up and balance Jenga pieces on your head and recite the eso vows and then try again for another 20 mins.

The only thing that makes it possible is that an eso dev/moderator said this. However, it's just a quote without a link and I am quite skeptical that ppl are having fun at people's expense now.
    Edited by MCNerdFlail on April 18, 2014 4:14AM
  • Brunlea
    Brunlea
    ✭✭
    It came via email. Just there should it help others. Fingers crossed they will address this issue soon.
  • b101uk
    b101uk
    ✭✭✭
    b101uk wrote: »

So the devs should not fix the problem?

I'm not sure why you wanted to share on a thread that focuses on a bug, to say the opposite. It's as if it's a troll attempt, or maybe you want to console the devs and let them know others are getting past the bug. Except the devs would know people got past and really anyone would when they see some have vr's that are 5 and above.

Take it however your conceited mind want to take it, but in tracking the cause of a “bug”, the choices others have made who don’t have the bug are just as important to them for diagnosis of the problem as them that do get the bug happening.

But anyway I sacrificed Varen.