Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

People buying werewolf/vampire bites.

• Inco
    Inco
    ✭✭✭✭
    I agree.. This MOB camping thing is just crazy. I've reported a few folks that are doing that when I was around. I'm waiting to get mine later on as well.

Meanwhile... DO NOT GIVE GOLD to anyone offering a bite. Get the BITE and then pay the gold after that. Gold sellers are ripping off people as well this way and they don't even have to give.

I'll get a bite on my ALT's for both Vamp & WW some day and save it away for friends and guildies once as week. Not going to go out of my way and pay crazy prices. Someone want to donate a bite? Please do ping me @INCO in game. (No rush)
  • JasonConstantine
    JasonConstantine
    ✭✭✭
    Don't buy bites. There is a guild out their giving them free to members just watch chat .....
  • twisted
    twisted
    Soul Shriven
    awww here r some nice dudes, in thread, desparate for a vamp bite , but gold i can offer only a 5 k, dont have moar, if there a friendly vamp dude to bite for free or stuff add me plz, coz i cant even manage to find one bloodfiend , its my 7th day of searhes and no luck, start kinda to give up, anyway if there a friendly vampy wanna share his bite wud be awsome ,my nickname "Burekas" in game ty falks <333
  • twisted
    twisted
    Soul Shriven
    hmm guess there is none, well....
  • Lee
    Lee
    It's frustrating, I'm looking for a vampire bite too but I can see why some people would do it, if more people get the bite, no one will pay the insane amount it costs to buy. It's a shame, but maybe I'll get it from a guildie 2-3 months down the line.
  • Kiwi
    Kiwi
    ✭✭✭✭
    there was a clown a while ago QQing for ages about why nobody would trust him enough to make a trade for a bite.
    he stated his offer numerous times and nobody would bite him

the crying continued for way too long so i decided to shut him up and bite him
    he runs off and ignores me without paying.

i would have bitten him for free, the coin/offer was of no interest to me at all but its the principle. had he made a trade i would have cancelled it, but he didnt.
    Edited by Kiwi on April 30, 2014 10:36PM
    A large yellow rectangle

• Zershar_Vemod
    Zershar_Vemod
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ravinsild wrote: »
    Eldhaaril wrote: »
    But killing these mobs is part of the game, these players are doing nothing wrong, just because someone desperately wants to become a werewolf or a vamp and gets upset when the mobs get slayed and calls them griefers, I don't see any issues with rolling these mobs and I hope they don't remove them.

Except those killing the mobs are preventing others from getting bitten/scratched...which falls under griefing.

Is it griefing when we both come across a treasure chest in the world but I get there first and you don't get the treasure?

Nope, because those are different situations. There will always be other chest around the corner, Vamp / WW bites go on broken cycles and allow people to scam others if there is no mob for a long period of time.
    House Nyssara (NA)
    Black Market Traders
    Order of the Lamp Post
    Thorn Brigade
    VR15 Nightblade Vampire
  • Getorix
    Getorix
    ✭✭✭
    I hate vampires and I hate stupid people so I don't really care if they are getting screwed over. But I hate con men even more so If I was zennimax I would ban the con man and not give the sucker his money back and I would give him a visable title to wear for a week or so.

Moderator Edit: Removed profanity
    Edited by ZOS_JoanaL on May 1, 2014 12:40AM
  • bearyingyou
    bearyingyou
    Soul Shriven
    First of all, I would suggest that not only should know one every pay for that but what happened to enjoying the game and finding out how to do this within the game itself? by paying someone for that one would miss out on the best parts of the story line. If someone gets ripped-off for paying gold to become a werewolf or vampire that really is a shame, but do not trust deals in-game unless you are willing to take the gamble. In other words.....don't do it.

You can't get it yourself people camp the areas and kill all of the vamps /wearwolf so you have to buy it
  • SugaComa
    SugaComa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    First of all, I would suggest that not only should know one every pay for that but what happened to enjoying the game and finding out how to do this within the game itself? by paying someone for that one would miss out on the best parts of the story line. If someone gets ripped-off for paying gold to become a werewolf or vampire that really is a shame, but do not trust deals in-game unless you are willing to take the gamble. In other words.....don't do it.

Problem is on console guilds are actively standing watch over the area where the npcs spawn that would infect you and are killing them and basically forcing players to pay for a bite.

This in my eyes should be reportable and players have their banks frozen for one month ... Why ... Cos I want them to know how it feels to be *** like they are.
  • iTzStevey
    iTzStevey
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone willing to bite me as a werewolf on ps4 eu ebonheart pact? Got a redguard motif lying in my bank useless if you want it.
  • DoubleShot27
    this thread is a year old soo yea......
  • whoa_dammitub17_ESO
    IF I can ever manage to contract lycanthropy I'm gonna dedicate MONTHS to biting for free....all you scamming spawn killing ***hats have made sure of that!!!
    Die in battle and go to Valhalla
  • ryudesigns
    ryudesigns
    Soul Shriven
    I have tried to give a werewolf bite for free but I get no option. Does it have to be a full moon if anyone can tell me the exact procedure it would be greatly appreciated. Trying to help my guild out.
  • ForgottenHeretic
    ryudesigns wrote: »
    I have tried to give a werewolf bite for free but I get no option. Does it have to be a full moon if anyone can tell me the exact procedure it would be greatly appreciated. Trying to help my guild out.

You have to be at the werewolf shrine, if you can bite it should come up on screen saying to press Y+B to devour when looking at someone which will give the person you do it to the disease, other than that there are no restrictions except the 1 bite a week limit

• ForgottenHeretic
    IF I can ever manage to contract lycanthropy I'm gonna dedicate MONTHS to biting for free....all you scamming spawn killing ***hats have made sure of that!!!

What system and server are you on?
  • ZOS_AlanG
    ZOS_AlanG
    admin
    There are other, more recent, threads on this subject. Please don't bump such old discussions.
    Forum Rules | Promoting Constructive Discussion | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Help Site

I’ve moved to a new position and I am no longer active on this forum. For assistance, please check the resources linked above
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.