Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

People buying werewolf/vampire bites.

Elvent
Elvent
✭✭✭✭
I'm noticing a lot of people complaining about giving gold to people for bites but the people don't go through with their deal and wind up stealing their gold, is this working like it should? Can this be reportable?

It hasn't happened to me because I don't plan on being a vampire or werewolf but I feel bad for all those other people spending all their hard earned gold to have one or the other and the person just winds up tricking them and stealing their gold.
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That does seem like appropriately vampiric behavior...
    ----
    Murray?
  • christbh
    christbh
    ✭✭
    That's why you get bite first. And I doubt it's reportable. Don't trust people on the internet, kids.
  • therasia2_ESO
    therasia2_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    First of all, I would suggest that not only should know one every pay for that but what happened to enjoying the game and finding out how to do this within the game itself? by paying someone for that one would miss out on the best parts of the story line. If someone gets ripped-off for paying gold to become a werewolf or vampire that really is a shame, but do not trust deals in-game unless you are willing to take the gamble. In other words.....don't do it.
  • darkkterror_ESO
    darkkterror_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    christbh wrote: »
    That's why you get bite first. And I doubt it's reportable. Don't trust people on the internet, kids.

You get them to bite you first and then don't give them the gold! Either way, this whole pay for biting thing is just going to be a scam-fest, regardless of which side ends up doing the scamming.
  • Cudda
    Cudda
    ✭✭✭
    what will end up happening, is they will remove the ability to bite others and pass the skills on. What a shame of what could be an awesome feature, to be removed due to abuse. This is why Elder scrolls online will be so hard to keep Elder scrolls RP.
  • Cave_Canem
    Cave_Canem
    ✭✭✭
    Step 1: Let a gullible vampire 'fan' find you
    Step 2: Offer the gift of immortality for just a few thousand gold
    Step 3: Bank!
    Step 4: Wait for them to come back begging for it again
    Step 5: Tell them it can only happen in Cyrodil
    Step 6: Kill them by any fashion except biting, extra points if a siege engine is used!
    Step 7: Chuckle through eternity about the fools that think immortality can be bought rather then earned!
    Step 8: Spend a lifetime avoiding the band of fearless vampire hunters you've created that have come to know and hate true evil.
    Step 9: Bored? Repeat step 1, because immortality shouldn't have to be about learning your lesson the first time through!
  • Cudda
    Cudda
    ✭✭✭
    Can you kill your own faction in Cyrodil as a vampire/werewolf?? That would be awesome if you could. Lol
  • Jereth_Bane
    Jereth_Bane
    Soul Shriven
    Cudda wrote: »
    what will end up happening, is they will remove the ability to bite others and pass the skills on. What a shame of what could be an awesome feature, to be removed due to abuse. This is why Elder scrolls online will be so hard to keep Elder scrolls RP.
    sad but true. It would solve allot of problems and as cool as it is to be able pass on the gift, I camped in the rift for almost five real time days trying to get bit. When I finally found one, some jerks killed both him and his partner before I could get infected. Now I supposedly have to wait another week and to be honest its getting kind of old.
  • AlienSlof
    AlienSlof
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The best way to spoil this for the scammers is to offer to bite for free. That's what I plan to do. Free, willing meal, yum yum! I can make enough money for the things I need in-game without charging for a bite.
    Bionic Crazy Cat Lady
  • Klauen
    Klauen
    ✭✭
    I gifted my bite to some random guy wanting to be a werewolf, *** the sellers!
    The Surgeon of Death
  • rawne1980b16_ESO
    rawne1980b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seen a few people offering it for free.

That seemed to annoy a couple of folk that were charging 30k.

I giggled.
  • Kiwi
    Kiwi
    ✭✭✭✭
    dont risk anything youre not willing to lose
    A large yellow rectangle

• Distrobomb
    Distrobomb
    ✭✭✭
    Let me know how that reporting thing works out.
    I survived the great ESO launch disaster 2014 B)
  • Ummaguma
    Ummaguma
    ✭✭✭
    I don't plan to sell scratches... but I will accept donations to put people on the path to power!
    I may or may not be spending too much time with Sheogorath, but I cant help it... He makes the BEST Nachos! >:)
  • madame.kiraeb17_ESO
    There is also a lot of people going through the high level areas and killing the vampires or werewolves, to prevent others from getting the bites. They have generally always admitted to it in zone chat, as well. What will likely end up happening is what another poster mentioned, it will be removed. Alternately, they could make it a reportable offense (the same way if you trade goods and someone steals them), that would result in a ban or some other punishment.
  • SienneYviete
    SienneYviete
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But killing these mobs is part of the game, these players are doing nothing wrong, just because someone desperately wants to become a werewolf or a vamp and gets upset when the mobs get slayed and calls them griefers, I don't see any issues with rolling these mobs and I hope they don't remove them.
    Delta
    Valheru's
  • Zershar_Vemod
    Zershar_Vemod
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eldhaaril wrote: »
    But killing these mobs is part of the game, these players are doing nothing wrong, just because someone desperately wants to become a werewolf or a vamp and gets upset when the mobs get slayed and calls them griefers, I don't see any issues with rolling these mobs and I hope they don't remove them.

Except those killing the mobs are preventing others from getting bitten/scratched...which falls under griefing.
    Edited by Zershar_Vemod on April 13, 2014 2:48AM
    House Nyssara (NA)
    Black Market Traders
    Order of the Lamp Post
    Thorn Brigade
    VR15 Nightblade Vampire
  • lehran
    lehran
    ✭✭✭
    @Eldhaaril‌: people are quite literally camping the locations the mobs spawn in order to prevent other players from being infected. The easy solution to this is to make the spawn locations randomized in a largeish area, but as of now that is not the case.

As was mentioned by a Zenimax staffer in another thread (I can attempt to dig it up if people insist, but I'm not sure I'll find it), if you find someone camping those mobs, report them and include the text "vampire/werewolf camping" in your report so they can better locate and aggregate them.
  • Eivar
    Eivar
    ✭✭✭✭

The issue isn't that people are killing the mobs, the issue is the people who camp them just to screw over other players, this is the internet trolls are everywhere.

On another note, i don't see the big deal about selling the bite, you don't wanna pay, then go get it yourself, no big deal. I sell mine, if people think it's to expensive, I offer the information on where and when to get it themselves.
  • SienneYviete
    SienneYviete
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well with a whole bunch of people killing the mobs I was still able to find a werewolf spawn and get scratched, there are plenty of them. Just move to another location.
    Delta
    Valheru's
  • LimeFox
    LimeFox
    ✭✭✭
    Cave_Canem wrote: »
    Step 1: Let a gullible vampire 'fan' find you
    Step 2: Offer the gift of immortality for just a few thousand gold
    Step 3: Bank!
    Step 4: Wait for them to come back begging for it again
    Step 5: Tell them it can only happen in Cyrodil
    Step 6: Kill them by any fashion except biting, extra points if a siege engine is used!
    Step 7: Chuckle through eternity about the fools that think immortality can be bought rather then earned!
    Step 8: Spend a lifetime avoiding the band of fearless vampire hunters you've created that have come to know and hate true evil.
    Step 9: Bored? Repeat step 1, because immortality shouldn't have to be about learning your lesson the first time through!

This. Vampires have to bankroll their deathless eternity somehow right?

(Kidding aside, I hope too many people aren't getting scammed by this. :( I also thought that for Werewolves and Vampires that the player still needed to complete a quest after being bitten in order to permanently keep the skill... but maybe I'm wrong? I'm not totally sure.)
  • LimeFox
    LimeFox
    ✭✭✭
    Actually, I suspect a lot of the campers or people selling bites might be goldsellers or selling to them. If you charge 30k a bite and get it from some poor sap, that's probably the fastest mid-game way to make money right now.

Or just griefers, there's that too. :/
  • Dorgon
    Dorgon
    AlienSlof wrote: »
    The best way to spoil this for the scammers is to offer to bite for free. That's what I plan to do. Free, willing meal, yum yum! I can make enough money for the things I need in-game without charging for a bite.

That is mighty nice of you. On a side note loved your work in other games. /cheer

Jekhar Mokhan - Altmer Sorcerer of the Aldmeri Dominion
    Tamriel Fisherman's Guild
    http://www.youtube.com/user/JekharM/videos
  • XvBearvX
    XvBearvX
    I want werewolf powers. o_o
  • Eivar
    Eivar
    ✭✭✭✭
    LimeFox wrote: »
    Actually, I suspect a lot of the campers or people selling bites might be goldsellers or selling to them. If you charge 30k a bite and get it from some poor sap, that's probably the fastest mid-game way to make money right now.

Or just griefers, there's that too. :/

doubtful you can only bite someone once a week, if you can't make more than 20k in a weeks time as a gold seller (scamming, gold farming, etc) then you need a new line of work lol.
  • Threetall
    Threetall
    Its camping and that has always been very bad etiquette

• Xaxxus
    Xaxxus
    Well with a whole bunch of people killing the mobs I was still able to find a werewolf spawn and get scratched, there are plenty of them. Just move to another location.

This,

me and my guild just went looking around, we found two separate pairs of wolves that nobody was camping.

Got a bunch of guild members bitten before anyone else caught on and killed the WWs.
  • Eivar
    Eivar
    ✭✭✭✭
    I had issues with people camping the wolves and killing/tying them up, so for the next cycle i had put a point into sword and board for the taunt, forced the wolf to hit me and boom, all taken care of.
  • dpayne83_ESO
    dpayne83_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    And here I am wondering when did ESO become Twilight online. Far too many people worrying about werewolf and vampire bites. Yes, the best way to fight the scammers is just find the people offering it for free. But those players are few and far between and I've come across selfish players more than players looking out for their fellow gamer.
    Edited by dpayne83_ESO on April 13, 2014 5:11PM
  • chaosngn_ESO
    chaosngn_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    The problem is that the sellers are camping the mobs and killing them so no one else can become one. This way they can continue to sell their bite.

I suggest that Zenimax institute a change that flags all Blood Fiend's as white and un-attackable to those infected, or even better, if you kill a Blood Fiend while you are a vampire, you lose the vampirism altogether.

m4eLYel.png
    Edited by chaosngn_ESO on April 13, 2014 4:27AM
This discussion has been closed.