Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

People buying werewolf/vampire bites.

• Elvent
    Elvent
    ✭✭✭✭
    Seen a few people offering it for free.

That seemed to annoy a couple of folk that were charging 30k.

I giggled.

If I had the vampire bite I would give it away for free as well, then again I'm not the greedy type of player, I also won't buy one from somebody I will get it myself someday, after what I have seen you just can't trust anybody in-game which is sad really.

• Eivar
    Eivar
    ✭✭✭✭
    The problem is that the sellers are camping the mobs and killing them so no one else can become one. This way they can continue to sell their bite.

I suggest that Zenimax institute a change that flags all Blood Fiend's as white and un-attackable to those infected, or even better, if you kill a Blood Fiend while you are a vampire, you lose the vampirism altogether.

m4eLYel.png

That wouldn't change anything they'd just roll up an alt to do it with.
  • colbyblaskieepub19_ESO
    colbyblaskieepub19_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    good thinking chaos, would only make sense that you wouldn't get attacked by a werewolf if you were part of tha pact!
  • Natjur
    Natjur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is only 3-5 spots that you can 'get' the bite and they only appear at night (game cycle) and does not appear every night.

As the mob has low hp, its hard to get it to bite more then one person (change aggro) per spawn before its dead.

Also as some players are stupid enough to PAY 20K for a bite, (like the over priced rare motifs) then people will take advantage of it.

I am more worried about the people farming the instance spawn mobs that drop purples.
  • demendred
    demendred
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is why I should have two alts, one a wolf, one a vamp, and just give em out for free. Hell with paying for that crap.
    All good Nords goto Sto'Vo'Kor.
  • Skjlvald
    Skjlvald
    ✭✭✭
    I camped the spawn spot at level 4 and finally got vampirism, but need to level more to complete the quest.

I will give bites away for free. My bloodline shall cover all of Tamriel in darkness. That is all.
    Ulyn Andrano

VR3 Dark Elf Dragonknight

Ebonheart Pact
  • Marcus_Thracius
    Marcus_Thracius
    ✭✭✭✭
    zenimax should be able to do something about those scammers + all those gold sepammers are really annoying
  • Bigpapa1278
    Bigpapa1278
    ✭✭
    I was heading to a spawn earlier to check stuff out, maybe be bitten but, as I was coming up on the spawn site hundreds of people were just mobbing the site. So I moved on, only to find that the rest of the sites were being mobbed. It's ridiculous, somebody at zenimax had to have seen this coming. Bunch of greedy ***!
    EP NA

Reign Supreme I VR16 Dragon Knight
    You So Salty I VR16 Night blade

Member of Haxus
  • Natjur
    Natjur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now, if they just change the 'spots' so instead, they could appear ANYWHERE randomly in the zone at night...... That would be fun
  • Warlox
    Warlox
    Would be nice if it were a high level quest instead of a mob that other players have some sort of control over.
  • moXrox
    moXrox
    ✭✭✭
    The problem is that the sellers are camping the mobs and killing them so no one else can become one. This way they can continue to sell their bite.

I suggest that Zenimax institute a change that flags all Blood Fiend's as white and un-attackable to those infected, or even better, if you kill a Blood Fiend while you are a vampire, you lose the vampirism altogether.

m4eLYel.png

People should not be forced to pay for gameplay content....what the hell. If someone is lazy and does not want to do the quest or hunting the mob, alright but....

People should write a ticket about such players who camp such mobs with the aim to hinder other players gameplay.

And if these players are even gold seller Iam sure Zenimax is interested to take action.

Edited by moXrox on April 14, 2014 4:19AM
    Music Channel:
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCQHvIypA0v70w4uu_ej8wyg/featured
    Tolkien Fantasy Music, Medieval, Pagan & Nordic Music Style
  • iBELONGHD
    iBELONGHD
    Is anyone willing to gift me the bite then i will offer it to other players for free to help stop the scammers
  • chadd.lindsayb14_ESO

m4eLYel.png

I disagree about flagging the mobs as white. What if your character that got infected now lothes the supernatural for being cursed? What if that character now has a mission to root out all vamps and lycans? Using their powers against them to rid the world of their kind. You want to kill them all so they don't spread their disease/curse.

This is a great RP point and game immersion. By making them un-attackable, you just closed off an awesome RP experience for players.

I have no problem with people killing all of them. But the issue I have as many do.. is the purpous killing of the spawn mobs to justify selling their bite or scratch for exorbent prices. Basically ripping people off. Killing the mobs.. fine.. killing them to make money by selling the curse as the only way to get it.. WRONG and should not be tolerated.

It's a slippery slope when people start calling everything griefing just because it inconviences them. The only thing that is griefing is camping the mobs and them charging for the curse.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is an temporary problem, anybody who has been bitten can bite anybody else once a week, I guess you have to be bitten, then do the quest and you can then bite somebody else, this one can again do the quest and bite and so on.
    Add that after a week the first one can bite again however the chain of people bitten will be pretty long.

Now I will say its an high chance the people trying to block has already given the bite and is just scamming.
    Some other might be fools believing that killing the vampires is the goal.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Raice
    Raice
    ✭✭✭
    Eldhaaril wrote: »
    But killing these mobs is part of the game, these players are doing nothing wrong, just because someone desperately wants to become a werewolf or a vamp and gets upset when the mobs get slayed and calls them griefers, I don't see any issues with rolling these mobs and I hope they don't remove them.

No. They are doing something wrong. It's called griefing. In other words, it's harrassment. This would be a different issue altogether if these areas were in PvP-Zones where the players could deal with the griefers themselves.

But the reality is... if it WERE in a PvP-Zone, this wouldn't be happening in the first place. People who do this kind of crap only waste their time on things that other players can't prevent them from doing. This is why these types of people are a total waste of existence. Their entire purpose in life is to make other people suffer in some miserable, petty way, without any means of recourse. They're too cowardly to do something like that when they can actually be punished for it by the person they are harrassing. In other words, they're too cowardly to do stuff where the person can fight back.
  • deamor666eb17_ESO
    deamor666eb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I will be offering my Vampire bite for free to willing people once I have the people in my guilds have had theirs.

And I suspect many more people offering free bites from my guild so patience, little ones. You will have yours in time.
  • SienneYviete
    SienneYviete
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Raice wrote: »
    But killing these mobs is part of the game, these players are doing nothing wrong, just because someone desperately wants to become a werewolf or a vamp and gets upset when the mobs get slayed and calls them griefers, I don't see any issues with rolling these mobs and I hope they don't remove them.

No. They are doing something wrong. It's called griefing. In other words, it's harrassment. This would be a different issue altogether if these areas were in PvP-Zones where the players could deal with the griefers themselves.

But the reality is... if it WERE in a PvP-Zone, this wouldn't be happening in the first place. People who do this kind of crap only waste their time on things that other players can't prevent them from doing. This is why these types of people are a total waste of existence. Their entire purpose in life is to make other people suffer in some miserable, petty way, without any means of recourse. They're too cowardly to do something like that when they can actually be punished for it by the person they are harrassing. In other words, they're too cowardly to do stuff where the person can fight back.

WOW really? whether they do it or not it's still just a game, jesus some people take this way too seriously, like I said, even with these people camping them I and many others have not had issues getting bitten/scratched just move to another spawn, if a spawn is announced in chat.... just move along
    Delta
    Valheru's
  • Raice
    Raice
    ✭✭✭
    Raice wrote: »

WOW really? whether they do it or not it's still just a game, jesus some people take this way too seriously, like I said, even with these people camping them I and many others have not had issues getting bitten/scratched just move to another spawn, if a spawn is announced in chat.... just move along

"WOW really?" - This sort of sarcasm is getting kind of old, folks. Also, using it doesn't make your counter-point valid.

I know it's just a game. I am trying to enjoy the game. I do not enjoy the game when there are agents of grief purposely set out to stop me from enjoying the game.

Just because you don't have the patience to deal with them, doesn't make you right, and it doesn't make them stop. The only thing that makes them stop is PvP or Moderator intervention. Since PvP isn't an option, and they wouldn't be griefing in a PvP area in the first place because they are too cowardly, Moderator intervention is the only alternative.

Ignoring a problem does not resolve the problem. It only makes it worse.
    Edited by Raice on April 14, 2014 8:48AM
  • Gaudrath
    Gaudrath
    ✭✭✭

Except those killing the mobs are preventing others from getting bitten/scratched...which falls under griefing.

No it doesn't. It falls under normal gameplay. For example I make it my hobby to slaughter any vampires, werewolves, daedra etc. I come across. If I run into a vampire you're currently romancing for a bite, I'll slice them up too.

The solution? ZOE will likely change the way you get vampirism - you will be able to get it via quest line or instanced dungeon. Nothing else really works.
  • DragonMother
    DragonMother
    ✭✭✭
    I've been bitten by the ww myself and am working on leveling to where I can safely cruise through the tribute quest. Once I have the right rank in the ww skill line, I'll happily give my bite to those that wish the gift of Hircin.
    Demi, Adult female, Guild leader, Roleplayer & TES enthusiast
    I trust my instincts, more than I trust other peoples opinions.
    Four years, and still present. Sanguine still lives.
  • Firmament
    Firmament
    ✭✭
    Can any nice eu server soul help me to get a vamp bite? Or werewolf in my alt. I plan also to turn g people for free. 30k is... too much. or at least camp with me to become vamp together. ^^
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gaudrath wrote: »

Except those killing the mobs are preventing others from getting bitten/scratched...which falls under griefing.

No it doesn't. It falls under normal gameplay. For example I make it my hobby to slaughter any vampires, werewolves, daedra etc. I come across. If I run into a vampire you're currently romancing for a bite, I'll slice them up too.

The solution? ZOE will likely change the way you get vampirism - you will be able to get it via quest line or instanced dungeon. Nothing else really works.
    Solution is that you join an vampire guild and get bitten by one of them.
    this will be far less of a problem in a week, none existing in two as the supply has far outstripped the demand. This is already pretty much happened with racial style books as everybody starts to get most of the styles.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • AlienSlof
    AlienSlof
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I will be offering my Vampire bite for free to willing people once I have the people in my guilds have had theirs.

And I suspect many more people offering free bites from my guild so patience, little ones. You will have yours in time.

Once my guy is vamped up, he'll be offering bites for free too. Hell, he LIKES creating more vampires, and it's a free meal! :D

I've camped a few spawns, but only to get bitten - sadly, I've chosen the wrong times every time and no hungry vamps appeared. Still hoping to get lucky, or find someone to bite me! :)

Bionic Crazy Cat Lady
  • Haven
    Haven
    ✭✭✭
    One more vamp level and someone will get a free bite from me.
  • Ravinsild
    Ravinsild
    ✭✭✭✭

Is it griefing when we both come across a treasure chest in the world but I get there first and you don't get the treasure?
  • Ravinsild
    Ravinsild
    ✭✭✭✭
    LimeFox wrote: »
    (Kidding aside, I hope too many people aren't getting scammed by this. :( I also thought that for Werewolves and Vampires that the player still needed to complete a quest after being bitten in order to permanently keep the skill... but maybe I'm wrong? I'm not totally sure.)

It works like this: You find a Blood Fiend (Or Elder Werewolf) in the wild. It scratches you and you get either Sanies Lupinus or Vampirism.

A Nordic Woman has a quest for the Werewolf, but I chose to get cured. A Dark Elf in some robes and a hood gives you a quest for Vampirism.

You go to a Crypt of Lamae and talk to a lady who tells you to drink from two basins, watch Lamae's past and then break some altars to certain gods (or maybe daedric princes? Unsure what the difference is exactly...)

Then you kneel in a pool of blood and Lamae tells the four acolytes at the corners of the square pool to drain you.

You now gain all the vampire powers (temporarily) on your bar, but they can be swapped out if you'd rather use your class skills. You are charged to kill 10 Assassins in the dungeon below.

After you kill the 10 assassins you turn in the quest and unlock the Vampire Skill Tree under world skills.

You then must reach level 6 Vampirism which takes about 550k XP total and you must invest 1 skill point into the passive Blood Ritual.

NOW you can bite another player once per week at the Altar.

• Korah_Eaglecry
    Korah_Eaglecry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    AlienSlof wrote: »
    The best way to spoil this for the scammers is to offer to bite for free. That's what I plan to do. Free, willing meal, yum yum! I can make enough money for the things I need in-game without charging for a bite.

The problem isnt with the scammers. Its with the people too lazy to go out and get bit by an NPC. Instead they behave like most lazy Americans and expect to throw money at it.
    Penniless Sellsword Company
    Captain Paramount - Jorrhaq Vhent
    Korith Eaglecry * Enrerion Aedihle * Laerinel Rhaev * Caius Berilius * Seylina Ithvala * H'Vak the Grimjawl
    Tenarei Rhaev * Dazsh Ro Khar * Yynril Rothvani * Bathes-In-Coin * Anaelle Faerniil * Azjani Ma'Les
    Aban Shahid Bakr * Kheshna gra-Gharbuk * Gallisten Bondurant * Etain Maquier * Atsu Kalame * Faulpia Severinus
    What is better, to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? - Paarthurnax
  • Raice
    Raice
    ✭✭✭
    Gaudrath wrote: »

People aren't just slaying these fiends whenever they "come across them." They're camping the spawn locations. They're not doing it for RP. They're doing it to be *** bags.

That's griefing.
  • Firmament
    Firmament
    ✭✭
    I have heard today that someone was tricked I mean, did pay for a bite and did not get it.
    Anyway they are charging a crazy amount of gold for it.
    @chaosngn_ESO‌ I just loved your idea. I fear that they may log not infected chars, though. It is so unfair.
  • Melian
    Melian
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ravinsild wrote: »
    Is it griefing when we both come across a treasure chest in the world but I get there first and you don't get the treasure?
    No. But if you could destroy the treasure chests and went around doing so, that would be griefing. See the difference?

Anyway, are they even still spawning? I joined a group looking for them in the Rift for the last couple nights and no one saw anything.
This discussion has been closed.