The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

The Liberation of Northpoint - bugged for days.

• Auranest
    Auranest
    Soul Shriven
    FINALLY DID IT - Had to wait until now, 5am and wait for a solid hour or so as well as hoping between realms but I did it. Poor on Zenimax's behalf but I'm just happy I can now play the game.
  • SunW0lf
    SunW0lf
    Soul Shriven
    Looks like this was the lucky day for some us: 5:00am CET I did it too. :D

Facts: during the "event" Gautier destroys the mobs around him, but immediately after some more are spawned in waves, the last one being a Gargoyle like the others around the fortress; while I was fighting the Gargoyle somebody ran close to the fence of the cemetery and somehow aggroed the Gargoyle itself, which ran outside of the cemetery and started to fight the guy, who backstepped until the Gargoyle reset and ran back to its spawning place. I had to start over again!!!
    The second time around things went smoothly and I was able to go on to the following step of the quest.

So, to everybody trying this: if someone has already engaged stay far away from the cemetery and the fence, or the quest will reset.
    I think large groups may do this, if they run in all together and stay close to each other during the fights, without going in and out of the cemetery.

Best of luck to everyone!

P.S. @ZOS_GinaBruno‌ @ZOS_JessicaFolsom‌ is this quest going to be fixed soon? Would you be so kind to say something about it?
  • Azinurn
    Azinurn
    Got it done finaly last night had a whole group of people waiting by the fountain no one entered the graveyard for 5 minutes then all rushed in and behold mobs spawned to the left side of the npc by the rocks and many people got it done but ye you have to wait by the fountain whitout anyone going inside the graveyard so the timer resets if eaven one logs in there its bye bye and wait again :)
  • DeadlockDK
    still a problem to do this quest, if you cant fix it, then please let us report it and flag the people reporting as they have done the step....
  • midiankomidian
    the quest is still bugged, I cannot complete it for 3 days now, it is blocking my progression, please fix it asap..The fix should be to stand near the fountain, do not enter the graveyard for 3 days now Im standing near the fountain, waiting for the quest to reset, but nothing happens..
    Faction: Daggerfall Covenant
    Guild: Guardians of Maraya
  • morisey35eb17_ESO
    For real , its been days , if you cant fix your own npc scripts/code , assign support folks with priveledges to teleport around and reset affected npcs manualy (so called GMs , not that i seen any in this game so far), for my knowledge beta ended and as paying customer im eligible for properly working product , or at least with some attention from developer.
  • Hidden_Logic
    been stuck with this bug for 3 days

I hope we get a compensation for this
  • Auranest
    Auranest
    Soul Shriven
    The best way to get past this is, if you can, stay up till 4 or 5 ish when most people are offline, go to the well or around there away from him and keep logging until you find people waiting (not too many people). He will then disappear if no one triggers the quest and that's when you can enter. He'll then cast that spell killing the two bloodfiends then a bunch will spawn behind you straight away, after you've killed them you're done! :smiling_imp:
  • morisey35eb17_ESO
    Thanks for tip , but been observing people trying this tactics for 3 days now , its hilarious and sad at same time , why the f... i should waste my gaming time watching this nonsense if i paid tripple A game value with hefty subscription on top.
  • deltachaos
    They need to get this sorted now! Where are the CSR's??? 20-30 people hanging around the graveyard and It's a griefers paradise too. It's made worse on the EU server because not everyone speaks english. £8.99 a month?? I expected teething problems but this is a joke.
  • Crueltylizer
    Crueltylizer
    Soul Shriven
    Me and a friend tried doing this quest today with no success. We tried relogging several times, and getting into different instances of the map. I don't understand how a quest can be allowed to be bugged for so long and we aren't even getting a hint of anything being done to fix it. At least give us an ETA.
  • Auranest
    Auranest
    Soul Shriven
    Me and a friend tried doing this quest today with no success. We tried relogging several times, and getting into different instances of the map. I don't understand how a quest can be allowed to be bugged for so long and we aren't even getting a hint of anything being done to fix it. At least give us an ETA.

It is extremely poor customer service on Zenimax's behalf, yes. The only way to do it is to hop instances in the early morning.

STILL after 40 comments and almost 2k views on this thread alone (there are also many other topics about this bug) there has been no official reply or help!

Hopefully people will be able to do it as slowly more people managed to get through.
  • Crueltylizer
    Crueltylizer
    Soul Shriven
    Auranest wrote: »

It is extremely poor customer service on Zenimax's behalf, yes. The only way to do it is to hop instances in the early morning.

STILL after 40 comments and almost 2k views on this thread alone (there are also many other topics about this bug) there has been no official reply or help!

Hopefully people will be able to do it as slowly more people managed to get through.

And when you look through Known Issues its not even there, though it has been bugged since early access.

• midiankomidian
    People are going crazy because of this, thousands of players cannot complete this quest for days, just standing near the fountain, for the NPC to reset...You guys from Zenimax should at least respond to the many posts about this quest that you are working on it..I will try to set my alarm clock at 5 am or so tomorrow, so that there will be minimum people playing and as I was suggested wait for the quest reset on my own..when this does not help then, I will play when there will be a fix, but it is very dissapointing that on the weekends when I can play for at least couple of hours I cannot because of bugs like this that block progression...(I want to play the game as it is supposed to be, I dont like skipping main quests like this one)
  • Jimmyfi
    Jimmyfi
    yup yup.. feels like Wow is calling me back... Customer support is not available during the weekends and no help from bethesda...
  • Crueltylizer
    Crueltylizer
    Soul Shriven
    Alright so me and my friend finally got the quest done.
    Apparently the quest won't reset unless everyone stands at the fountain as some have pointed out.
    All the people in the instance where able to do it several times in a row with this "fix" as it actually reset rather quickly. And this was during prime time.

So if your trying to get this quest done ask everyone to get back to the fountain as the instance of the quest goes beyond the small house a lot of people are standing at.
  • Junipus
    Junipus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would be nice if there wasn't one person in every instance who runs in and resets it, or worse, attacks the gargoyle without wondering why there's a crowd outside not helping
    The Legendary Nothing
  • midiankomidian
    I managed to complete this quest at 5:45 am as I wrote some posts above, that I will..finally after 4 days I managed to make some progress. The fact is that the problem is still there so I hope that it will be resolved soon for all the others that are trying to complete this...(or you can just wake up early in the morning at 5 am when no one plays and there is no one in the instance and try to complete it as I did.)
  • Northstar
    Northstar
    Soul Shriven
    This quest state is just not acceptable. Zenimax should react to this...
  • Aedh
    Aedh
    ✭✭✭
    Finally managed to complete this quest.

I had to log in at 4 am. A guy actually managed to start the event alone, and he was running around with a gargoyle hitting him (the last monster from the event), waiting for more people to come so they would be able to complete the quest as well.
    Very nice of him.
  • morisey35eb17_ESO
    I also managed to do this quest at 6am , after 3 days of trying! For crying out load , Zenimax , this isnt acceptable, pull your $hit together or suffer consequences. Didnt your bosses teach you that customer is always 1st priority and he is always right (specialy paying one).
  • Xexpo
    Xexpo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I finished it the first time i relogged, it's not broken for everyone. :s
    Kiki Dickson ~~~ Dixmanian Devil ~~~ Cornelius Buckshank Jr.
    Histy-Fitz ~~~ Boozemer ~~~ Chace X'expo
    Lluvia De'Fuego ~~~ Shakes Spear
    Macro and Cheese NA/PC
  • Columba
    Columba
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I discovered that dying and returning fixes it
  • Hidden_Logic
    sigh
    Edited by Hidden_Logic on April 13, 2014 8:30PM
  • TheOnly
    TheOnly
    Bump!
  • sambo8566.slnub18_ESO
    sambo8566.slnub18_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Bump. Will keep bumping until we get a response from you that the problem has been acknowledged.
  • TheOnly
    TheOnly
    And another bump!
  • Steadman
    Steadman
    Soul Shriven
    It's still bugged from what I saw, but somehow late at night a bunch of people managed to complete the Darien Gautier step. I think a GM may have stepped in.

In any case, I still can't do the quest. When I enter the manor the quest skips a step, the step to talk to Lord Ellic Dorrell, and automatically jumps me to the objective "find Lleraya upstairs" and needless to say she is not upstairs. Logged in today hoping it would be fixed... nope. Relogging doesn't fix it either.

Very disappointing. The quest has two whole bugs that impede any further progress.

• Krohm
    Krohm
    ✭✭
    Have friends that are stuck, there alting or not playing till this is fixed, come on ZOS, fix your quests.
  • sambo8566.slnub18_ESO
    sambo8566.slnub18_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Bump, Comon ZOS.