The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
The connection issues for the North American megaservers have been resolved at this time. If you continue to experience difficulties at login, please restart your client. Thank you for your patience!

Does anyone else find that they are falling behind? (read first)

• 7788b14_ESO
    7788b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    No
    Gillysan wrote: »
    lynix112 wrote: »
    OK I'm pretty over people telling me to explore and that "quests aren't the only XP" like I don't know that already. So here are some screenshots of the content and achievements I have in the different zones just to show people this IS a bug and it needs to be fixed as fast as possible or many people will leave the game.

6xFXuhA.jpg
    LOL I see a bunch of stuff you haven't done in Auridon alone. I think the people who claim completionist's are not really completionist's. :)

Did you join all 3 NPC guilds and do their quests? I mean you didn't do Banished Cells so advancing Undaunted rank must not be important?

Anchors are Fighters Guild rank (mouse over in your skills, tooltip says so and dialogue with Sees-All-Colors tells you the anchors are important to the Fighters Guild)

The black tower icon to the NW of Vulkel Guard is a part of the main storyline for AD, rescue the Queens Entourage, there is a whole little quest line there you missed.

All the black icons are points yet to be done.
    Options
  • Lalaeith
    Lalaeith
    ✭✭✭
    No
    I am feeling the opposite is the case. A few days ago I was desperatly running through Eastmarch (EPs 4th zone) ignoring mobs and even chests, trying to complete the quests before they turn grey (I think thats the case if you are 5 Levels above) I did spend about 1 level grinding sabre cats (and opening chests) in Rift in between, because I had problems finding thick leather for armour on my level in Eastmarch. I am really completing everything. I have all the exploration, skyshard and quest achievements. I did not do the group dungeons of other fractions though. And I have no idea why peoples leveling experience seems to be so different.

oh btw, I did hardly spend any time in Cyrodiil, so that's not the 'problem'
    Edited by Lalaeith on May 3, 2014 5:56PM
    Options
  • kemp.garretub17_ESO1
    No
    why is this thread still here?
    Options
  • neolewis85
    Yes
    My main in V3 and my alt is 21 and I always tend to fall behind on levels. I'm a cheeve *** so I farm the sh*t out of a zone before I leave it but I still fall behind.

With my main I used to just go cyrodill to quest in order to catch up but can't figure out why I am falling behind.

The only things I don't do is farm party dungeons (I do each one just the once), don't really do anchors and don't do treasure chests. Other then that I cover everything else, hit every road, discover every location, find every shard and complete every solo dungeon.
    Who are you to question why your god does not want me to believe in him?
    Options
  • Ahnjil
    Ahnjil
    Yes

Why wouldn't it be? If 35% of players keep falling behind, it's a real problem and developers need to take note of it.

On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    Options
  • mrjasonbearub17_ESO
    Yes
    One big thing to note is that there are many hidden quests that you will only find by exploring. On my second play through of the game i was always above the level i was supposed to be because i found some of these hidden quests.
    Edited by mrjasonbearub17_ESO on May 4, 2014 8:33PM
    Options
  • neolewis85
    Yes
    Ahnjil wrote: »

Why wouldn't it be? If 35% of players keep falling behind, it's a real problem and developers need to take note of it.

I agree, if not doing absolutely everything in a zone causes you to fall behind then this is a problem. As far as ive seen, in most mmos just sticking to the main story, and side quests linked to it, are enough to keep you on par with the mobs you encounter. Exploring give extra rewards, gear, xp, rares, etc.
    Who are you to question why your god does not want me to believe in him?
    Options
  • Muizer
    Muizer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Up until a few days ago I would have said "no" but now I feel as if I've run into a brick wall. It's as if I've maxed out my particular build/tactics and any new skills I aquire turn out to be useless. Perhaps those skill lines aren't useless per se, but I can't incorporate them in my build because at level 1 they are so much worse than what I have that if I try that I end up getting killed all the time.
    Please stop making requests for game features. ZOS have enough bad ideas as it is!
    Options
  • Dolenz
    Dolenz
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    I posted this in another thread
    I am still thinking there are some differences in Factions or something, or that some are not telling us everything they are doing to be so over leveled for their quests.

Maybe this has something to do with it. This is from Quest Achievements

First Zone
    Ebonheart - Stonefalls - Complete 69 quests
    Daggerfall - Glenumbra - Complete 61 quests
    Aldmeri - Auridon - Complete 46 quests

Second Zone
    Ebonheart - Deshaan - Complete 59 Quests
    Daggerfall - Stormhaven - Complete 64 quests
    Aldmeri - Grahtwood - Complete 41 quests

Third Zone
    Ebonheart - Shadowfen - Complete 62 quests
    Daggerfall - RivenSpire - Complete 43 Quests
    Aldmeri - Greenshade - Complete 45 quests

So in the first three zones for each faction it comes out to be

190 Quests for Ebonheart Pact
    168 Quests for Daggerfall
    132 Quests for Aldmeri

Now, that by itself is not evidence of anything because we don't know the total experience given for all those quests but the difference in totals could make a difference.

I am in the Aldmeri Dominion and find myself a level or 2 behind in spite of completing every quest i can. I'll have to start a character in another faction and see if that indeed makes a difference.

To test I started an alt in Daggerfall Covenant and leveled up the same way I did in Aldmeri. I did the prison, starter island and have now made it through Glenumbra. I got the quest acheivments for each zone and did several more quests beyond that. My new character is at level 17 so I will be a few levels ahead of the zone I will be going into.

I just don't think the Aldmeri Dominion has enough quests to easily overlevel content. I am not complaining as my Aldmeri character is doing fine. But the discrepancy in quest bumbers is pretty large.

Options
  • seanolan
    seanolan
    ✭✭✭✭
    No
    There is no way you can be completing everything in a zone. I have under half of the Shadowfen quests completed, and decided to move on anyway because NOTHING was dropping anything for me, because I was so overleveled (34 vs. 28). And I do not grind or do anything to power level. That's solely from quests and battling on the way to quests.
    Options
  • xramirez535b14_ESO
    No
    I've recently been finding myself having to go back and finish lower level quests because I forgot them while exploring. I've been out-leveling the zones often for some reason...
    Options
  • Seabreeze
    Seabreeze
    ✭✭
    Yes
    Dolenz wrote: »
    I posted this in another thread
    I am still thinking there are some differences in Factions or something, or that some are not telling us everything they are doing to be so over leveled for their quests.

Maybe this has something to do with it. This is from Quest Achievements

First Zone
    Ebonheart - Stonefalls - Complete 69 quests
    Daggerfall - Glenumbra - Complete 61 quests
    Aldmeri - Auridon - Complete 46 quests

Second Zone
    Ebonheart - Deshaan - Complete 59 Quests
    Daggerfall - Stormhaven - Complete 64 quests
    Aldmeri - Grahtwood - Complete 41 quests

Third Zone
    Ebonheart - Shadowfen - Complete 62 quests
    Daggerfall - RivenSpire - Complete 43 Quests
    Aldmeri - Greenshade - Complete 45 quests

So in the first three zones for each faction it comes out to be

190 Quests for Ebonheart Pact
    168 Quests for Daggerfall
    132 Quests for Aldmeri

Now, that by itself is not evidence of anything because we don't know the total experience given for all those quests but the difference in totals could make a difference.

I am in the Aldmeri Dominion and find myself a level or 2 behind in spite of completing every quest i can. I'll have to start a character in another faction and see if that indeed makes a difference.

To test I started an alt in Daggerfall Covenant and leveled up the same way I did in Aldmeri. I did the prison, starter island and have now made it through Glenumbra. I got the quest acheivments for each zone and did several more quests beyond that. My new character is at level 17 so I will be a few levels ahead of the zone I will be going into.

I just don't think the Aldmeri Dominion has enough quests to easily overlevel content. I am not complaining as my Aldmeri character is doing fine. But the discrepancy in quest bumbers is pretty large.

It has to be an AD issue. That's my faction, and it seems to be the faction of everyone who feels a little bit behind.

Those who keep saying we are missing things need to just stop. Doing everything in the AD zones just isn't enough to keep you perfectly synced or above, at least not without grinding.

That said, after finishing the quests in Grahtwood, I find myself (barely) at 23, which is supposed to be the cutoff point for that zone, anyway. However, the next few guild quests here aren't available until 25, which I really don't understand.
    Options
  • Xaei
    Xaei
    ✭✭✭
    No
    I feel like Im too far ahead all the time.

I'm not a completionist but I do pick up every quest that comes my way and I do them if the objectives end up on my path of carnage and pillaging adventure.

I end up having half of those quests turning white and myself several levels above enemy mobs.
    Options
  • fallensbane_ESO
    fallensbane_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    No
    I disagree, and here is why. Cyrodiil. I spent several levels after hitting 10 just doing PVE quests and Skyshard hunting. When I came back a few levels later I ended up 5-7 levels above every zone until I hit cold harbor. If you really feel you are behind at the end of a zone, head to Cyrodiil and do a few quests there. Until you are leveled enough for the next zone. Come back again and again as you need to. The quests in Cyro auto level up to your level as you level. So if you log a quest at 10 and decide to do it at 25 it will be level 25 when you finish it.
    Options
  • Seabreeze
    Seabreeze
    ✭✭
    Yes
    I disagree, and here is why. Cyrodiil. I spent several levels after hitting 10 just doing PVE quests and Skyshard hunting. When I came back a few levels later I ended up 5-7 levels above every zone until I hit cold harbor. If you really feel you are behind at the end of a zone, head to Cyrodiil and do a few quests there. Until you are leveled enough for the next zone. Come back again and again as you need to. The quests in Cyro auto level up to your level as you level. So if you log a quest at 10 and decide to do it at 25 it will be level 25 when you finish it.

No one should feel forced to PvP in order to keep up in PvE. The reverse should also hold true, honestly, even though it doesn't seem to be feasible in this game. It's something they really need to work on.
    Options
  • freddy_hgnrb18_ESO
    No
    Hmm I am sure i've posted on this before.
    I have 1 character.
    He is now V2 (30% toward V3 in Deshaan ??) - And i've done a total of 2 hubs of quests in that zone (barely scratched the surface)

I've not spent time Grinding a zone that I can recall.

I started AD faction - Finished Khanarthis Roost @ 6-7, Auridon @ 19-20, Grahtwood @ 26, Greenshade @ 32, Malabal Tor @ 40, Reapers March @ 46 (and reached V1 before I finished Cold Harbour)

I got every quest achievement in every zone, including all Shards, Public Caves, and Anchors (without doing Group Dungeons or any Cyrodil content)

I believe you don't have to do every quest to reach equal level with your content, but if you rush through and do the bare minimum to progress to the next zone you are doing yourself a disservice by making things more difficult for yourself (as you wont meet level conditions of the zone and will fall further and further behind)

It appears there is more than enough content in each zone to progress steadily, and at level in each and every zone. Rushing tends to be a more modern gaming ethic (perhaps from younger players) but other than trying to be first, or among the first to reach specific content for farming I really don't see the point in ploughing through content at breakneck speed if it means you are not going to be able to handle the next area because you start becomming 2-4-6 levels under the enemies you start facing.

Take your time, explore every crooked nanny (nook & cranny), cave, anchor, open every chest (because while levelling these can net you a great amount of xp)

If players are falling behind the level bracket of the zones they are in, it is no fault of the game design, because for every 1 that is, there are 100's that arent
    Options
  • Seabreeze
    Seabreeze
    ✭✭
    Yes
    Hmm I am sure i've posted on this before.
    I have 1 character.
    He is now V2 (30% toward V3 in Deshaan ??) - And i've done a total of 2 hubs of quests in that zone (barely scratched the surface)

I've not spent time Grinding a zone that I can recall.

I started AD faction - Finished Khanarthis Roost @ 6-7, Auridon @ 19-20, Grahtwood @ 26, Greenshade @ 32, Malabal Tor @ 40, Reapers March @ 46 (and reached V1 before I finished Cold Harbour)

I really want to call BS on this. I've done EVERYTHING very slowly and methodically, making sure to get every single quest and achievement, and I finished Auridon at 14 and Grahtwood at 23. There is no way you were 19-20/26 without grinding/PvP, UNLESS something is broken in regard to how experience is awarded. It's either broken or one of us is lying (and I know it's not me).

(The only other possibility I can think of is that you're using a Ring of Mara and your partner is always online when you are, in which case you should have mentioned that.)
    Edited by Seabreeze on May 8, 2014 1:35AM
    Options
  • Chirru
    Chirru
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not falling behind because I grind endless hours. To me this is preferable to doing many of the quests. I wish I did not need to do the main quest at all because I (personal opinion) think it stupid.
    Options
  • vince131nub18_ESO
    No
    lynix112 wrote: »
    I should also add that I have not been able to trigger the next mages guild or fighters guild quests.

here is a SS detailing my current progress in zones, please note that I know I have not completed everything fully in each zone but more then enough to gain the levels required according to some people.

6xFXuhA.jpg

i see you have not done the dungeons. so there might be your issue
    There is no safty to be found in a sword. a sword brings death. it does not give life. it is a responsibility... a burden... this is no gift. it is a curse. i hope one day... you will forgive me.
    Options