Maintenance for the week of June 24:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – June 24

The line is paused

• abunyasha
    abunyasha
    It was 40 mins, now 51. Thank you for great queue!
    Options
  • ch1m3r4_c0mpl3x
    ch1m3r4_c0mpl3x
    Soul Shriven
    They lifted lock on accounts now.

Shouldn't have been locked in the first place, but thanks for the heads up. :]

Options
  • Mennox
    Mennox
    ✭✭
    Mennox wrote: »
    Red wrote: »
    This is a joke. Any company with even basic IT competence can have sufficient capacity ready for a flood of users if they know exactly how many users it will be and when it will occur.

It's not like they didn't know exactly how many copies have been sold and how many of them have subscribed so far.

Not necessary, they may know the size of the user base but there may be many factors in play which may cause an influx at one giving point. Plus, why buy servers that will always have 40-50% capacity space which is not used, when you can let it reach the capacity and then increase to your requirements (thus saving money). There will be a lot of variables at play which make it difficult to forecast.

That is outdated thinking. We no longer have to actually buy servers when we want temporary additional resources - there is a reason cloud computing is so popular.

Its not outdated as cloud technology still uses the same principles (data centres, storage, networking), I work in one of the worlds largest IT companies and this still happens on the contract we work on.

It also depends on whether Zenimax has outsourced the IT to another company or managing it in house.
    To make no mistakes is not in the power of man; but from their errors and mistakes the wise and good learn wisdom for the future.
    Options
  • kdcsm914b14a_ESO
    kdcsm914b14a_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    same here!
    Options
  • megatrondelux1b14_ESO2
    megatrondelux1b14_ESO2
    Soul Shriven
    I have been waiting over an hour. Now my queue time is climbing instead of going down! What the hell?!?
    Options
  • chimichi
    chimichi
    I just got through after 40 min. Setting up the plan with paypal was quick. someone can have my spot now .
    Options
  • kelticfuryub17_ESO
    kelticfuryub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    This is a self manufactured issue. Why on earth wouldn't they use the same info that was input for purchasing the digital editions? Extremely backwards planning. If you can even call it planning.
    Options
  • Maestro_Sartori
    Maestro_Sartori
    ✭✭✭
    You are now in line
    You are in line for Queue. When it is your turn, you have 20 minutes to enter the site
    What is this?

There are more than 100 users in line in front of you

Expected arrival time on the website: 10:52 AM You can access the website in: 1 hour and 2 minutes

Status last updated: 9:50:45 AM
    Options
  • Mennox
    Mennox
    ✭✭
    This is a self manufactured issue. Why on earth wouldn't they use the same info that was input for purchasing the digital editions? Extremely backwards planning. If you can even call it planning.

Based on what evidence?
    To make no mistakes is not in the power of man; but from their errors and mistakes the wise and good learn wisdom for the future.
    Options
  • kelticfuryub17_ESO
    kelticfuryub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Mennox wrote: »

Based on what evidence?

Common sense.

Options
  • txzeenathb14_ESO
    edit: Talk to your web developers. Your caching configuration is garbage and half the pages end up broken.
    Edited by txzeenathb14_ESO on April 6, 2014 8:35PM
    Options