Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Castle of the Worm help.

• Sakiri
    Sakiri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ezmaralda wrote: »
    I just tried it at level 26 Sorcerer, the quest is gray now but i still get insta-killed on the second wave.
    Edit: It finally worked. LOL. Kill the casters, let Lyris tank the others. But still way 2 hard for level 20.

My problem with that tactic was Lyris sitting with her thumbs up her butt.
  • zairasai
    zairasai
    Managed to this second try (my char has lvl 21) thanks to the comments here. Ty ;-)
    Edited by zairasai on April 12, 2014 8:19PM
  • Zordrage
    Zordrage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    as a melee Nightblade at lvl 20 i facerolled it you DON'T need to attack Mani only kill the minions nothing else then he gets pissed and the 2 mage fights then you hit Mani a few times and Done............

i was nuking down the skeletons in seconds.........

adds were a Joke did not even needed to use potions or run away i taked all of em at once......

using Medium armor and dual Dagger's..........
    Edited by Zordrage on April 12, 2014 9:09PM
  • Glacienub17_ESO
    Lvl21 DW Nighblade - What I did was take out the casters and leave lyris to fight one. When only skelly left is one she is fighting I stopped until I health/Mag was full since new wave will not spawn until all are dead. Then rinse and repeat until end when you have to hit Mani once or twice.
    -
  • Disinterests
    Cadwell is just sitting here not walking wtf do i do
  • sagesourceb16_ESO
    sagesourceb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    You know what is more annoying than the mannimarco fight/

Screenshot_20140407_013221_zps992dd1e1.png?t=1396849169

Killing mannimarco and not getting the flag that you did.

You know what is even more annoying?

Getting most of the way through the fight and then having the game glitch so that you can't go on. Abnar simply stopped talking to me, so I couldn't restart after dying. I logged out and when I logged in again, I was standing at the door of the Harborage -- no progress whatsoever saved, but I still had all the damage to my armor!

And thanks for the advice above to hide but.... do you know how asinine and counter-intuitive it is to try to hide in a brightly lit, round space with no cover whatsoever? In other words -- this does not apply to you, warmaha, thanks again for the suggestion -- it's a stupid cheap trick of the sort MMOs are famous for. I'm beginning to wish they had never done ESO and concentrated on Fallout 4 and Elder Scrolls VI: Whatever.

PS: The sneaking trick doesn't work for me. I get targeted by everyone in the room anyway. And we've now worked through eight or so waves of skeletons. This is ridiculous.
  • AngryNord
    AngryNord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The skeletons are waaaay overpowered, it is as simple as that. The first wave is just about beatable, but the second is impossible. At _least_ remove the second wave of skeletons, the fight is still more than tough enough. Or remove the flamers, since the lag they create aggravate the situation manyfold.
  • Cascade_V
    Cascade_V
    ✭✭
    Do not hit the skeleton that spawns by Lyris, it will stay on her until you do.
    Go to the far side and focus on just one skeleton and burn him as soon as he spawns. Then you just have 2 to deal with like any other outside encounter. Use a pot if you have to. Consumables are cheap.
    After you kill those 2, wait. Let your stats get back to full before killing the last one. After repeating that, the boss at the end was fairly trivial.

Brennan wrote: »
    Sure I'm an ass.
    Edited by Cascade_V on April 17, 2014 7:11PM
  • siuolly
    siuolly
    ✭✭✭
    At least you guys can make it to the boss fight.... the npc who opens the way stops after the first steam vent everytime I try this quest. So I cant progress.

Anyone else having this issue?

Is that following Carwell where he opens the steam door for you? He's suppose to go first? I have the same problem and whatever I do, he just stand there. So I did /stuck and ran back to the instance. I notice I don't go before him and let him arggo the mobs so the mob hit him and he'll hit back. That way, he continue to progress to the end and open the door.

• Sakiri
    Sakiri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Skele near lyris didnt even attack her when I did it.
  • hauke
    hauke
    ✭✭✭
    simple solution is to attract the attention of only 1 of the 4 and fight them individualy, the others stay and continue torturing manimarco.

fighting all 4 of them same time is ... realy too hard
  • AngryNord
    AngryNord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Problem is when you attack one, the others group on you!
  • AngryNord
    AngryNord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    crislevin wrote: »
    lvl 18 soc

You played a quest you don't even _get_ before reaching level 20 with a level 18 character? Yeah, sure you did....
  • AngryNord
    AngryNord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ezmaralda wrote: »
    But still way 2 hard for level 20.

Hopefully you reported this via the /bug system? The more that do it, the better.
  • jwgilliand2_ESO
    i think the new NPC AI, cooperating and profiling player, is more complicated and difficult to get balanced than they thought it would be:)
  • Redcorn
    Redcorn
    Soul Shriven
    I have had the problem with Caldwell. Had to log out for a day and re run the entire quest to get it to work only to come to the mannimarco fight and get my ass kicked lyris just stands there after her first kill. Completely frustrating.
  • Covarnis
    Covarnis
    ✭✭
    Two points concerning this topic:

1. Cadwell got stuck for me as well, I think because we somehow managed to get past couple of enemy NPCs without fighting. I died intentionally, and respawned at the beginning of instance. Mobs respawned as well - but the quest status as well as Cadwell worked properly… I think you have to kill/agro with Cadwell every enemy NPC which gets in your way to avoid glitches

2. Concerning Mannimarco skellies fight - I died at first try, however then used another tactics - kiting around central column with restoration staff healing myself when needed and shooting silver bolts/shards. Rinse and repeat 3 times… Lyris was kinda tanking at least one of them. This way it even seemed too easy ;) I'm sorcerer, however class did not matter really, as I used restoration staff and fighters guild skills (silver bolts/shards) to do it. I was relatively squishy with most of the light armour on me as well, but it worked quite well
    Edited by Covarnis on April 19, 2014 7:48AM
  • mystaskratchb14_ESO
    When I get to the house where Caldwell should be, he's not even there. It updates to say talk to him, but there's no one to talk to. It's fairly annoying since at this point I'm a VR1 and can't access the other factions because of yet another bugged quest.
  • WhiteQueen
    WhiteQueen
    ✭✭✭
    My two cents: I just finished this so it's still pretty fresh. Rushing the skeletons will get you killed. Adjust your tactics, do them one at a time, casters first. That advice there from everyone else was right on the money. Potions for magicka, skills for health. It was difficult, it was at times frustrating, and it was amazingly fun. I kind of wanna do it again on a tanky alt and see how I can do it with melee.
  • Sakiri
    Sakiri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Cadwell seems to bug inthe hall he closes vents in if you pull mobs ahead of him before hes done.
  • elrond2002
    elrond2002
    Soul Shriven
    I can't see what to hit. I see a red circle occasionally on the ground but I can't see what Lyris is even attacking.
  • Monk_Slayer
    Leaving is simple. Simply port to a Wayshrine. Pull up your map, click on Locations (Pin shaped icon), select your desired location. Easy peasy. I thought I was stuck as well, till I read this fine tip. I think we get stuck on the idea that we still have to be "outside" to teleport, like in the older games.
    Edited by Monk_Slayer on April 20, 2014 4:44AM
  • Sakiri
    Sakiri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I just logged, went to use the bathroom or something and came back outside the harborage.
  • Monk_Slayer
    Cascade_V wrote: »
    Do not hit the skeleton that spawns by Lyris, it will stay on her until you do.
    Go to the far side and focus on just one skeleton and burn him as soon as he spawns. Then you just have 2 to deal with like any other outside encounter. Use a pot if you have to. Consumables are cheap.
    After you kill those 2, wait. Let your stats get back to full before killing the last one. After repeating that, the boss at the end was fairly trivial.

Brennan wrote: »
    Sure I'm an ass.

This!

After completing this seemingly impossible boss using the above described methods, I can only facepalm, realizing how easy it really was. Doh!

Thanks Cascade!

I'll add that I zoomed way out, which really helped see where everything was at.
  • AngryNord
    AngryNord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well I'm sorry, but for me this quest simply isn't winnable, period. I have an old, slow computer, and poor coordination, and due to lag I often end up (seemingly) one-shotted by enemies I can't even see before the 'you are defeated' message appears, and with a seemingly full healthbar... Time to unsub, bite the bullet with the 80$ loss, and let the experts have their game for themselves, I guess.
  • Icy
    Icy
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well, after dying multiple times, then coming and reading this thread, I took the easy way.

I hid. Like the whole time. Lyris will kill all the skeletons by herself if you give her enough time. While it's true she stops attacking after she kills the first one, you can set her off again with a long distance snipe of some sort, then drop back to hiding (I used one of the NB Siphon abilities).

The only time I had to step in was the final boss guy; she could only get him down to 20%, and then i had to jump in and swat him.

I was L26 when I did this, mainly because I like to take my time.

Charging in = no way. Hiding while someone else does the dirty work = perfect result.
    _____________________________________________________________________________________________________Greetings, Outlanders from -Icy (@IcyIC)twitch.tv/IcyICyoutube.com/HulloItsIcy(not ZOS_Icy)_____________________________________________________________________________________________________
  • Riny01
    Riny01
    ✭✭✭
    It finally managed to kill them all at level 23, I had 2 summons plus my ultimate summon, took out the casters first, ate some food buffs, used some potions and then Mani ran away from the fight! Lol.

But after dying several times I totally agree it's a bit too hard.
  • ed.armstrongub17_ESO
    Icy wrote: »
    Well, after dying multiple times, then coming and reading this thread, I took the easy way.

I hid. Like the whole time. Lyris will kill all the skeletons by herself if you give her enough time. While it's true she stops attacking after she kills the first one, you can set her off again with a long distance snipe of some sort, then drop back to hiding (I used one of the NB Siphon abilities).

The only time I had to step in was the final boss guy; she could only get him down to 20%, and then i had to jump in and swat him.

I was L26 when I did this, mainly because I like to take my time.

Charging in = no way. Hiding while someone else does the dirty work = perfect result.

This worked for me too. L20 sorc, could get through first wave with summoning ultimate, but couldn't make it further. I'm playing in first person view, so maybe that made it harder to dodge caster attacks. Anyways, hiding worked, though it felt like the easy way out (particularly since I'm a sorcerer and not someone who should be good at hiding (but maybe skels just have bad perception!)

• AngryNord
    AngryNord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So, decided to give it _one_ more try, at level 22 (close to 23) Templar - no problem getting to the tower itself, but simply can't get past the skeletons. I don't know who it was who claimed that they only attack you one by one, but that person definately is talking through his/her rear end!!! Cause they sure as hell gang up on the player in my game!! That, combined with the skellies being WAY overpowered means I'm definately out of here until they get reduced to a more proper level (preferably remove one zero from their ranking and make them level 20, like the quest, instead of level 200), or grouping is made possible,
  • Sakiri
    Sakiri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Level 200? *confused*

Morning, Nord! *hugs*