Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Castle of the Worm help.

Sakiri
Sakiri
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
So I'm supposed to defeat Mannimarco but for some reason(likely due to my own incompetence) I keep getting my arse handed to me so I'm asking for some pointers.

Gear's going to break shortly, I don't have repair kits, and I'm low on potions yet those skeleton waves keep kicking my ass.

Ideas?
  • Sakiri
    Sakiri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    And I'm noticing Lyris stops attacking. Great.
  • Spiritreaver_ESO
    Spiritreaver_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    So I'm supposed to defeat Mannimarco but for some reason(likely due to my own incompetence) I keep getting my arse handed to me so I'm asking for some pointers.

Gear's going to break shortly, I don't have repair kits, and I'm low on potions yet those skeleton waves keep kicking my ass.

Ideas?

I'm stuck in the same spot. personally, i'm gonna go pull a Final Fantasy(AKA go lvl up a few times, then come back to the mission. Like i did with Doshia in the Fighter's Guild mission).
  • Xetjar
    Xetjar
    Not sure how you've supposed to solo a boss alone, that summons mobs & drains your mana / stamina really quickly, lol.

This boss really needs a nerf.
  • Sakiri
    Sakiri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Ideas?

I'm stuck in the same spot. personally, i'm gonna go pull a Final Fantasy(AKA go lvl up a few times, then come back to the mission. Like i did with Doshia in the Fighter's Guild mission).

I ended up logging an alt until I was booted out of the instance and going to go outlevel it.
    Xetjar wrote: »
    Not sure how you've supposed to solo a boss alone, that summons mobs & drains your mana / stamina really quickly, lol.

I'm not sure a "nerf" is in order, but I'd sure like to know how my tanky DK is supposed to kill that stuff when I'm constantly out of resources, my regen isn't keeping up with it, and potions have a cd on them.

Annoying as all get out, really.
  • Spiritreaver_ESO
    Spiritreaver_ESO
    ✭✭✭

Ideas?

I ended up logging an alt until I was booted out of the instance and going to go outlevel it.

I'm not sure a "nerf" is in order, but I'd sure like to know how my tanky DK is supposed to kill that stuff when I'm constantly out of resources, my regen isn't keeping up with it, and potions have a cd on them.

Annoying as all get out, really.

Agreed. i plan to get at least lvl 24(just shimmered my way into 21) before trying again. If i still feel so overwhelmed then, i may consider reporting the fight as needing its difficulty readjusted.

And i wouldn't even consider that last if the quest up until the fight was so perfectly balanced imo. You could melee dps through the castle, mage your way, or even stealth your way up. Or a combination of all three like i did. I even killed the crazy-ass gargoyle that was on once of the terraces no problem.

But i'll see how it goes after more prep work on my part.
  • firehawk2324
    firehawk2324
    ✭✭✭
    I had issues with that as well, until I killed the casters first. Those are the ones who will kill you fast. Make sure they die first, and you should be fine.
    Why not? Something has to work. Once, I dug a pit and filled it with clouds. Or was it clowns? Doesn't matter. It didn't slow him down. To be honest, it wasn't the best idea. And it really began to smell. Must have been clowns. Clouds don't smell bad. They taste of butter! And tears. - Sheogorath
  • Sakiri
    Sakiri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I had issues with that as well, until I killed the casters first. Those are the ones who will kill you fast. Make sure they die first, and you should be fine.

Yeah I tried killing the casters first but without Lyris helping it was going really freaking slow. She tanked the two melee while I beat down the casters, but then the second wave came and she stood there with her thumbs up her arse like a dunce.

Game seems to have issues with NPCs not getting back into combat after dropping it.
  • leafsfan1981b16_ESO
    At least you guys can make it to the boss fight.... the npc who opens the way stops after the first steam vent everytime I try this quest. So I cant progress.

Anyone else having this issue?
  • Sakiri
    Sakiri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No, can't say I have :(
  • Sakiri
    Sakiri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Update, got it at 24 after clearing out skyshards in Deshaan before moving to Shadowfen.
  • BeatDown
    BeatDown
    Same issue as above, Caldwell is stuck after opening the first vent, and i cant even leave the instance
  • madvikingub17_ESO
    madvikingub17_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    I also don't want to call for a nerf if it's just me, but I'd be curious to know how many players beat this fight at level vs wait to over level it... wonder if they have those kind of stats...
  • Asmundbjorn
    Asmundbjorn
    Soul Shriven
    Holy crud finally did it , good tip on shoot boney casters :) changed my shortcuts to have immovable ie a good protection and keep moving whilst spamming bonehead caster with a vampires bane spell :)) your tip saved my keyboard from being smashed hahaa
  • JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Yeah I tried killing the casters first but without Lyris helping it was going really freaking slow. She tanked the two melee while I beat down the casters, but then the second wave came and she stood there with her thumbs up her arse like a dunce.

Game seems to have issues with NPCs not getting back into combat after dropping it.

Yeah, it doesn't help that Lyris [and other npcs who are supposed to fight alongside you] stop fighting after they kill their first opponent. I have yet to make it past this quest. I almost, almost did, once, and that was when I got to notice Lyris not fighting. I'm not going to rush to do it either.
  • astroff999_ESO
    astroff999_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    You know what is more annoying than the mannimarco fight/

Screenshot_20140407_013221_zps992dd1e1.png?t=1396849169

Killing mannimarco and not getting the flag that you did.
  • daddydidme
    daddydidme
    Soul Shriven
    i did the quest @ lvl 20 as a DK because of these tips, mainly the 'kill casters first' and make sure you have protection spells ready, also the ability from the fighters guild 'silver bolts' works wonders :) thankyou for your help!
    Edited by daddydidme on April 7, 2014 7:35AM
  • Sakiri
    Sakiri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yeah I never put points in silver bolts. Probably should.
  • mu2
    mu2
    ✭✭✭
    When I did this quest I never actually attacked Mannimarco, just his minions. I thought Lyris was tanking Manni for me. But the quest moved forward just fine without killing him, so that's good.
  • Stickbow
    Stickbow
    ✭✭✭
    I stood in a corner, stealthed, let Lyris get aggro (or the skellies stop looking for you), then sniped them one at a time. Had to kite the atronach/whatever, but that wasn't too tough. Lvl 20 NB, minimal bow spec.
  • crislevin
    crislevin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lvl 18 soc

I ran to the edge of the circle, adjusting position so I don't get caught in the fire ring (switching to 3rd person view helped to know where the fires are).

buff up armor and mostly let my pet did the job, assist when I am in a safe zone.

If you can, which I wasn't able to due to dying 3 or 4 times, put up AoE ultimate at the first wave of skeletons.

There are three waves, I think, first wave is the strongest.
  • Bargi
    Bargi
    How do you get out of that quest? I'm low on potion, low on gear and didn't see any way out. I need to restock before going in again, and maybe get another skill...
    Bargi, breton dragonknight of The Free City of Lochlainn
    EU - Daggerfall Covenant
  • Sakiri
    Sakiri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Log out for a bit. 10m or so. Itll boot you outside the Harborage
  • matt29070
    matt29070
    I beat it at level on my second attempt, big thing is to keep moving and take out casters first. I'm a sword and board templar. Shield Charge is great to close on casters and interrupt, and biting jabs is good to take them out. Basically I charged on a caster, did an attack, then swapped targets, and repeat. This largely keeps you from getting hit by the melee mobs until you're ready so basically all you have attacking you is the one caster that you aren't attacking. Still don't have silver bolts on my bar, but probably will get it soon.
  • Kendaric
    Kendaric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The main problem with the quest is the bug with Lyris. If she'd not constantly stand around dumbfounded after killing one enemy, there wouldn't be any problems at all.
    I had to overlevel the quest slightly to be able to win the fight, but it worked in the end despite Lyris being bugged as usual.
      PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!. Outfit slots not being accountwide is ridiculous given their price. PC EU/PC NA roleplayer and solo PvE quester
    • South_of_Heaven
      South_of_Heaven
      ✭✭✭

I killed it on the first try with a lousy spec it needs a BUFF instead of a nerf. Go level up - as the in-game tips say: running away and returning when you are stronger is a perfectly valid tactic. STOP asking for nerfs. People like you made the game much more boring than it used to be with the beta nerfs and your whining.

Edited by South_of_Heaven on April 10, 2014 12:56AM
    • Sakiri
      Sakiri
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭

I killed it on the first try with a lousy spec it needs a BUFF instead of a nerf. Go level up - as the in-game tips say: running away and returning when you are stronger is a perfectly valid tactic. STOP asking for nerfs. People like you made the game much more boring than it used to be with the beta nerfs and your whining.
      And people like you annoy the crap out of me.

I had to wait until I was 24 to do a 20 quest, yet at 31(when I picked it up after questing in Shadowfen) I did that quest and people complained it was a pain in the butt. I lit that up like a Christmas tree. Difficulty is relative, but this is *the* main quest line if the game. Theres a balance to strike here and you aure as hell arent helping.
    • South_of_Heaven
      South_of_Heaven
      ✭✭✭

And people like you annoy the crap out of me.

I had to wait until I was 24 to do a 20 quest, yet at 31(when I picked it up after questing in Shadowfen) I did that quest and people complained it was a pain in the butt. I lit that up like a Christmas tree. Difficulty is relative, but this is *the* main quest line if the game. Theres a balance to strike here and you aure as hell arent helping.

The feeling is mutual and you know why? Gutripper, Doshia and others were actually fun and required effort and a little thinking before the beta nerfs.
      After the nerfs they could be defeated by auto-attacking. Do you like that? Defeating everything by auto-attacking?

What you don't understand is that the balance you are asking for is from your perspective only! Should I "help that balance" to make the game dreadfully boring for me? And just because it is the main quest, should it be handed to you on a plate? No.

I honestly had a lousy spec because I wanted to level up different skills and didn't met a single wall in the game. I did all the quests in their level. And I am just an average player. In some I died, observed the boss better and used different tactics. In others I had to manage my stamina with dodging etc.

Also the game gives you the option to do the quest later it's not like you are stuck. And if you come back over-leveled and still complain then there is something wrong.

One thing's for sure, I've seen myriads of players in the next stage of the quest and I see only a handful complaining. So the "balance" you are talking about is a little subjective don't you think?
    • Sakiri
      Sakiri
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      Im more concerned with later quests that you *cant* outlevel. Especially since my primary play partner is a dialysis patient with slight mobility issues in one arm due to having the thing they plug the machine into in that arm.

Hes a TES vet, but betwern that and playing from the EU, Im concerned that he wont be able to complete and move into veteran content.

When my friends leave, I get bored and quit. I dont want him quitting. If its too difficult(Ive already suggested delaying this quest until a higher level since even I had problems with it and I and many others Ive gamed with over the decade consider myself an above average player due to the time I have to perfect my playing) he quits. When EQ2 group zones got too difficult to do without the tank at least in raid gear(my raid geared healer couldnt keep her up and she was a good tank) he quit because hes not a raider and ran out of things to do.

I finally get him into another game and Im afraid itll be too difficult at level, ehen you *cant* outlevel it.

Also keep in mind most people wont come to the forums. My friend wont. Most of mine wont. Theyre a cesspool of endless kvetching. Instead they just quit.
      That isnt good either.
    • Ezmaralda
      Ezmaralda
      ✭✭
      I just tried it at level 26 Sorcerer, the quest is gray now but i still get insta-killed on the second wave.
      Edit: It finally worked. LOL. Kill the casters, let Lyris tank the others. But still way 2 hard for level 20.
      Edited by Ezmaralda on April 12, 2014 3:55PM
    • warmaha
      warmaha
      Soul Shriven
      Hide and stay hidden even when skeletons run towards you first, usually they turn back from half way. This way you can fight those 1, or 2 if failing hiding, at once. Shoot them from your hiding location and be ready to instantly hide again after last one in wave killed. Had no problem to do this at level 20 sorcerer, when using hiding tactics and should be easily done with any class.