Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Veteran Rank

• Shiroro
    Shiroro
    ✭✭✭
    @LonePirate‌
    Don't you know? If you're not playing your particular pigeonholed AoE CC build you're a stupid noob that needs to ltp. That's how this community works. That's why the game is a ghost town in the VR ranks and is on its last legs.

The next chance for VR ranks to be made manageable is in July. They are planning to do it by giving us more stuff to put points in, which is 100% reasonable and will fix VR leveling if they do it right. Will they do it right? Ehhh I wouldn't bet on it but you never know.
  • Volkodav
    Volkodav
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Reached veteran rank 2 days ago, and for *** sake this game got so *** booring...1-50 was amazing to play, veteran rank well its just boring. Monsters are way too hard and gives way too little exp, I'm sick of doing quests already.

If the difficulty stays when my 30 days is out I certainly wont continue, it's not fun enough to pay for anymore.

I fonally got to VR1 too,level 50,..and I get so frustrated when I go to do a quest.It seems in Camlorn,everything you need to kill to complete the quests are in threes,..and VERY tough.I was in Cyrodiil once,gained several thousand points in events there,but when I try to use a wayshrine to go back,it always says transport failed.So,I cant use that area,sadly. Having said that,there are a few places that opened up for me that I can do quests,so it isnt that bad,..yet. Certainly not Camlorn. I aint leavin' though.I'll just go back to Glenumbra,and do the same quests I did earlier,when I was a new character.Again. lol.
  • Volkodav
    Volkodav
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Dominulf wrote: »
    I'm struggling to stay interested after reaching Veteran 1. I should have ridden the exp imbalances like all the other Vet10 people before it was patched.

Drudging through Aldmeri Dominion content at a snails pace is trying my will.

What's the point? It's exactly like playing the as an Aldmeri soldier (I did not want to do that) as a new character except the numbers are higher, there are less people around, the rewards and drops are less, and it feels out of place.

PLUS,..once in VR land they want you to group most of the quests,and there really are very few people around.So ya wait and hope.They should have the quest tell you it's a group quest,so that you dont take it and work it until you get to the dungeon or mine,etc,.only only to find it's a group one.

Edited by Volkodav on July 18, 2014 6:27AM
  • Volkodav
    Volkodav
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    JosephChip wrote: »
    Basically the people complaining about VR ranks are the ones who want to cap their level as fast as possible. Just because they like being at the top and powerplay. Then they will probably complain about lack of progression.
    I would know, I am one those people.

Thats not totally true.I have no interest in reaching the top,hauling it to level whatever.However,I WOULD like to be able to finish my quests sometimes,rather than have to wait and hope someone comes along to help me with it. I hate hitting the abandon button.

• abneyn_ESO
    abneyn_ESO
    Soul Shriven
  • gurneyhalleck00
    jmkilthau wrote: »
    Aren't MMOs supposed to be time consuming anyway? Sounds like you need to stop worrying about power leveling now, and just play the game. If you don't have the time for a time consuming genre then you shouldn't be playing.

I totally agree. BTW, why are you trying so hard to get to VR10, it's only been a week or so since early access? My experience says that there's nothing more boring in any MMO than being on cap. The only thing to do there are daily quests, grinding raids and group dungeons and trying to get the best armor/weapon possible. Boooooooring...

If that's your kind of fun then you shouldn't be worried about grinding to VR10, otherwise reroll and try to PLAY the game.

Man you hit the nail on the head!!!!!!!!! My WOW days during WoTLK and leveling multi Alts to 70 and each one having to have a profession etc.....yes all it became even when RAIDing was Grind mats for food, jewel crafting etc.....dailies dailies, gold farming, fishing.....man that does start to suck.....I'm going to enjoy the questing in each zone
    The future is an illusion
  • ShedsHisTail
    ShedsHisTail
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Talk about thread necromancy...
    The last reply before yours @gurneyhalleck00 was nearly a year ago.

Vet ranks are still pretty tedious, but no where near as bad as they were the last time someone posted in this thread.
    "As an online discussion of Tamrielic Lore grows longer, the probability of someone blaming a Dragon Break approaches 1." -- Sheds' Law
    Have you seen the Twin Lamps?
  • gurneyhalleck00
    Talk about thread necromancy...
    The last reply before yours @gurneyhalleck00 was nearly a year ago.

Vet ranks are still pretty tedious, but no where near as bad as they were the last time someone posted in this thread.

LOL i didn't realize that was just wanting to read about Veteran Ranks since I just hit Rank 1 and curious how it's going. Yes I'm seeing the tediousness of it already but do like questing in the other zones.
    The future is an illusion
  • PoseidonEvil
    PoseidonEvil
    ✭✭✭
    good thing they are updating it so it takes less xp per vet rank and vet quests give more xp :)
    In-game ID: alchelvly
    Phixeon Maghi -- Breton Healer
    Harrow the Souleater -- Breton Necro Healer
    Krogyle dro-Smoketh -- Orc Stamdk
  • CYB3RJIV3
    CYB3RJIV3
    ✭✭
    They should just let us start at Vet rank 14, give us fully upgraded horses, give us the option of just becoming vamps or werewolfs...These forums are full of QQ. collect your tears and DO WORK! It does not take that long. i already have a vet rank 3- vet rank 1 - and a 40, 2 Master Vamps and a Master Werewolf- and yes i have somewhat of a life. Funny seeing all the kids asking for the game to be easier, or things just be given to them..5a2e43df-9fcd-40c5-9064-904566646f48_zpsoadmbbla.png