Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Cant move or attack in some fights, what's going on?

• Sarenia
    Sarenia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    tallenn wrote: »
    I've also had this issue on my dual wielder... but not on my other two. Interesting.

I'm curious to know how many non dual wielders have had this problem. Do you suppose it's an issue with dual wield damage? E.g., too many hits per second bugs out something?
    I don't dual wield at all, and I've had the bug.

Rats. Theory thwarted. :)
    I never had this issue until I played a dual wielder. When I heard my friend complain of this they were also dual wielding. Definitely seems to be more common at any rate when dual wielding.
    [beta_group_85b_9]
  • RudeShadow
    RudeShadow
    Soul Shriven
    I've experienced this issue a few times during a boss fight, which resulted in death...lol At first I thought it was caused by my solar keyboard being low on battery power, until I came across this thread.
  • stojekarcub18_ESO
    stojekarcub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    I experience this problem quite often. I assume it's some sort of lag/latency issue. The only way that has worked for me to fix it is to /reloadui and hope I can stay alive through the loading screen.
  • FrauPerchta
    FrauPerchta
    ✭✭✭
    I have it on all my characters (8,,,,I'm an Alt-aholic), only two of them dual wield. It has caused my all Light stick carrying Sorcerer to die several times.

very annoying bug that really needs to be addressed ASAP
  • Asava
    Asava
    ✭✭✭
    Happens all the time to my destro/restro Sorc.... It's pretty f'n annoying to say the least in VR.
  • pysgod1978b14_ESO
    Has happened to me several times over the past few days and has caused me a few deaths. There was only one instance where I survived and that was because the animal was at low health and bashed itself into my blocked daggers. I then slowly strolled my way over to Narsis since it wouldn't let me run and putting it into walk mode made it even slower. Haven't had that issue on any other character.
  • Dre4dwolfb14_ESO
    I have encountered this issue (not being able to attack), usually if I Alt-Tab in and out of the game while playing in windowed fullscreen mode it fixes it.
    I play with an eyefinity setup (3 monitors), so I was assuming that caused it, it happens about once every 2 hours.
  • neOb14_ESO
    i have noticed sometimes when this happens is when i am alt tabing alot i found if your able to alt tab seems to allow u to attack agian
  • Naqahdah
    Naqahdah
    I've gotten this on both my bow/DW Nightblade and my Resto/Bow Templar.

The sad part is it happens so often that I've gotten fast at recognizing it as soon as it happens and I whip out a fast /reload mid fight and continue as I was.

I find that part of the fun of this game so far is finding unique workarounds for all the bugs, like using enemies to jar loose stuck quest NPCs and the like. The bugs are less annoying when you look at them less as bugs and more as impromptu problem solving tests. :D
  • bathynomusESO
    bathynomusESO
    ✭✭✭
    Dual Wield here, same problem.
  • drschplatt
    drschplatt
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've found that the game sometimes bugs out and won't let you recover from a CC. Nearly every time I'm CCed in PVE, it doesn't matter what type of CC it is, I'll bug out and be unable to attack and use any skills for the remainder of the fight. It's gotten so bad I actually put the /reloadui command on a keyboar macro so I can do it fast.
    Foräois - Imperial Sorcerer of Ineptitude.
    Widoch - Nord Dragon Knight of Ignorance.
    Billy Bob - Dunmer Templar of Chicken and Noodles.
    Blades of Vengeance
  • bathynomusESO
    bathynomusESO
    ✭✭✭
    Pressing Esc twice also works and is faster than /reloadui, but this is not a solution. This is a major bug, effecting lots of people's gameplay.
  • Elvent
    Elvent
    ✭✭✭✭
  • Eeter
    Eeter
    Soul Shriven
    Had same problem many times too... you can move slowly, you can block attacks and use potions, but you cant attack back, not even auto-attack.
    For dual wield, feels like problem was rapid strikes skill for me. Like it gets "stuck" and prevents you using any kind attack after this. After removing the skill from hotbar my problem is gone.. for now.
    But I suppose it's not only skill causing randomly similar problem.
    Edited by Eeter on April 30, 2014 7:51AM
  • DanteYoda
    DanteYoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I get these things a lot being Aussie, what annoys me is the UI is so terrible at explaining buffs and debuffs i never know which bugs i'm getting and which im not.. but i get this issue frequently..
  • SeleneXIII
    SeleneXIII
    ✭✭✭
    I am pretty sure it is related to aedric spear and flurry morphs too because I usually stuck with the spear in my hand or swords and cant attack, just run around and block. This is a serious bug and I am really surprised that they still havent fixed this. To my luck I love both skills and try to use them but lately I cant fight even with a critter without stucking and getting killed. I reported it many times but no avail.
  • phaydra_silver_ESO
    phaydra_silver_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    I been getting hit by this too, but it's only my stamina based attack skills that are getting blocked. I also get blocked from looting and interacting with objects when it happens. I have a picture of my character after the bug hits and I always have puncturing strikes animation stuck to my hand.

aa982c67-14f0-49db-b81c-c0029543775e_zps824e4a6a.png
    Edited by phaydra_silver_ESO on April 30, 2014 11:25AM
  • SeleneXIII
    SeleneXIII
    ✭✭✭
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/67764/can-t-fight-back-bug/p1

It is related to the chain attacks like flurry or puncturing strikes
  • Kevaliji
    Kevaliji
    Everyone i know (including myself) who runs duel wield has this issue. This bug has gotten me killed a number of times. Ive actually gotten pretty quick at recognizing it and double tapping "c" or "esc" to fix it. One of the more annoying bugs if you ask me.
  • Daknar
    Daknar
    Soul Shriven
    This is possibly related to Phantom Guilt quest - finish it and see if issue goes away. I'm going to try tonight as I have this issue and saw this in another post.
    - Other temporary fixes are: open inventory and then close it, press the "." or ESC key twice; /reloadui
  • RianaTheBosmer
    RianaTheBosmer
    ✭✭✭
    It's a bug and I'm experiencing it on my nightblade a lot and she's not dual wield but archer. Opening and closing the inventory fixes it.
    Edited by RianaTheBosmer on April 30, 2014 5:37PM
  • Jacolex
    Jacolex
    ✭✭
    I have the same problem, nightblade dual wield. In some combats I can't do anything and I started walking. Sometimes I have to relog to fix it.
  • dbishop
    dbishop
    ✭✭✭
    Fix this bug. Three months later and it still happening
  • Troponin
    Troponin
    ✭✭✭
    Not just DWing that has this issue. I have had this happen on my sword and board DK many times. I am moving around, but I cannot swing, block etc.

Lately lag issues have been terrible also and I know it's server side because everyone in zone is complaining. It's cost me a lot of armor repair costs, which is terribly high in this game. I will be mashing Q to drink a potion and nothing happens. I even died with 30% health left the other day. I think I took a pic of it. Found it

http://i641.photobucket.com/albums/uu139/Troponin/screenshots/DCC71079-62A3-4624-9010-4EE8D5F6D90C_zpsf1spfxbn.jpg
    Edited by Troponin on July 1, 2014 7:05PM
  • kaosodin
    kaosodin
    ✭✭✭✭
    Happens to me all the time, im a nb. I have to press enter twice and thinge fome back
  • AVCN
    AVCN
    ✭✭
    Happens with all my toons. DK, Sorc & Templar. Quite often I am not able to interact with anything or the toon get stuck in some animation. I don't need to be a prophet to know that soon the "An Unknown Error Has Ocurred" will follow.

In some cases, I blame my poor www connection, but it seems other people have similar issues. Am I right?
  • BakaChan
    BakaChan
    ✭✭
    I have this too, but I was able to do roll dodge, only to back.

But I was able to move again by placing fire rune. (The mages guild skill)
    Edited by BakaChan on July 3, 2014 1:23PM
  • Troponin
    Troponin
    ✭✭✭
    Bumping this. I just got hit with this today. What I noticed was that both the King and the groundskeeper was showing as a quest mark, and I talked to the king first. I am wondering if I should have talked to the groundskeeper first.

Regardless, this sucks. I cannot progress until this is fixed, and I hope I dont get a reply saying I have to abandon and re-do the entire quest. That's NOT how you fix a problem.
  • Tamanous
    Tamanous
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This has happened to me several times over the last month. Bugged it a few times. No improvement for a few patches now.

/reloadui does not solve the issue for me. I have not found a consistent method to unfreeze myself. I may come out of it but since I cannot sprint, block or use any attacks it usually means an automatic death considering I like trying to attack a maximum number of mobs at a time.
    Edited by Tamanous on July 8, 2014 6:48PM
  • Magantus
    Magantus
    this happens to me nearly every day....very frustating

Magantus the Mighty - Gaming Since Amiga 500
    http://magantus.blogspot.com