Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Cant move or attack in some fights, what's going on?

• class101
    class101
    ✭✭✭
    Grays wrote: »
    I press a key (like open the inventaris) to "fix" it, then i can go back to the combat.

@Grays it seems to do the trick, thx for sharing
    Edited by class101 on April 10, 2014 3:23PM
  • Otaci
    Otaci
    I get it a lot last couple of days. Will try @Grays suggestion.
  • 100p.weasel_ESO
    People THIS IS NOT LAG.
    This is obviously a bug related to DUAL WIELDERS. Your enemies player or mob attack normally, move normally ect so it is def not lag. The fact that all your abilitiess EXCEPT HEAL AND BLOCK are disabled is more proof. I THINK it may have something to do with spamming skills or a certain skill.
  • Danarchist
    Danarchist
    ✭✭
    I see this allot over the last couple days, primarily with my sorc using destro staff. Last night however I traveled to a stone and ended up standing in a huge pile of people. No one could move or even recall to another stone. Eventually everyone was able to move at the same time. Reloadui didnt work either, it just ignored the command
  • Methanos
    Methanos
    It is possible that there's more than one bug which people are experiencing here. Certainly, the number of dual wielders is quite significant.

As a dual wielder, I have only ever encountered this bug when I'm in combat. And as people have said, it definitely isn't lag. I experience a complete lock of abilities except block, and if I try to change weapon it says "you cannot change weapon at this time" which is unusual since you can normally change weapon in combat.

As I am currently leveling other trees, the only DW ability I have on my bar at present is Flurry. So perhaps it is related to that skill? Or maybe just Dual Wield in general?

It would be good if these forums had a Bug section. It defies belief that there still isn't one.
    Edited by Methanos on April 10, 2014 6:36PM
  • 100p.weasel_ESO
    Methanos wrote: »
    As I am currently leveling other trees, the only DW ability I have on my bar at present is Flurry.

This.

Anyoene else suspect FURRY? This is the only dual ability I have on my bar as well.
  • BlackSparrow
    BlackSparrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Methanos wrote: »
    As I am currently leveling other trees, the only DW ability I have on my bar at present is Flurry.

This.

Anyoene else suspect FURRY? This is the only dual ability I have on my bar as well.

Ditto. Culprit, or just implicated because it's a dual-wielder must have so all of us have it on our bars? :/
    Living vicariously through my characters.

My Girls:
    "If you were trapped in your house for, say, a year, how would you pass the time?"

Nephikah the Houseless, dunmer assassin: "I suppose I could use the break. I have a lot of business holdings now that need management."
    Swum-Many-Waters, elderly argonian healer: "I think that I would enjoy writing a memoir."
    Silh'ki, khajiit warrior-chef: "Would this one be able to go outside, to the nearby river? It's hard to fish without water!"
    Peregrine Huntress, bosmer hunter: "Who is forcing me to stay inside, and where can I find them?"
    Lorenyawe, altmer mechanist: "And why would I want to go outside in the first place? Too much to be done in the workshop."
    Lorelai Magpie, breton master thief: "I'd go nuts. Lucky for me, I have a little experience sneaking out!"
    Rasheda the Burning Heart, redguard knight: "I would continue my training to keep my skills sharp."
    Hex-Eye Azabi, khajiit daedric priestess: "I suppose it would be lucky, then, that I built a shrine to Mephala in my backyard."
    Yngva Stormhammer, nord bandit (reformed...ish): "I hate being inside even when I'm not forced to be. GET. ME. OUT."
    Madam Argentia, vampire dunmer aristocrat: "I suppose it would be more of the same. I have a rather... contentious relationship with the sun."
    Mazie gra-Bolga, orc scout: "Uh... I'd have to house train my bear..."
    Felicia the Wanderer, imperial witch-for-hire: "What Lorelai said."
    Calico Jaka-dra, retired khajiit pirate: "This one would like a rest from her grand adventures. Her jewel shop runs out of stock!"
    Shimmerbeam, blind altmer psijic: "Provided that I am confined to Artaeum, I do not think I will want for things to occupy my time."
    Shauna Blackfire, redguard necromancer: "Sounds like paradise. I hate people."
    Kirniel the Undying, cursed bosmer warrior: "I would feel useless, not being able to fight."
    Echoes-from-Dragons, argonian who thinks she's a dragon: "All the better to count my hoard!"

(Signature idea shamelessly stolen from Abeille.)
  • class101
    class101
    ✭✭✭
    I confirm for me the bug occurs only when using a dual wield ability, the first or second I'm not sure because I grinded 0-15 with sword/shield abilitiies without problems, and got numerous of stupid deaths since my second level 15 spec is dw

Btw Gray's suggestion works very fine, saved me from a lot of deaths :)
  • ZiRM
    ZiRM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've had the same thing happen to me OP... I thought the problem was just on my side.
    Want to become Vampire? 5k @ZiRM in game.
    ESO Server Status. ( ^_^)o自自o(^_^ ) SkåL!!!!!
  • Razzak
    Razzak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have the same issues with not being able to attack, and moving slowly. With attack bug I simply press esc twice and I can fight again.
    Slow movement bug is not so easy and I also have to re-log as /reloadui does not help.
  • Vordar
    Vordar
    ✭✭
    Two hander Templar here and it happens a lot to me, I even had to macro /reloadui to one of my mouse buttons cause that also fix it. Already put a ticket in for this bug.
  • Foxhunt
    Foxhunt
    ✭✭✭
    I have no clue what could be causing it, but there seems to be different 'variations' of this bug. Sometimes I can't do anything except -walk- and block, sometimes I can move normally and only sprint but not attack or block, sometimes I can only walk and use some abilities but not others.. Every time though double tapping ESC (to open the main menu and close it) does the trick.
  • MorHawk
    MorHawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This one hit me pretty hard a couple nights ago. Numerous times my char would randomly freeze for a couple of seconds. Seems to me that it unfreezes at the end of the fight. Thank chuff for DoTs. Saved my bahookie a couple times.
    Observant wrote: »
    I can count to potato.
    another topic that cant see past its own farts.
    WWJLHD?
  • Baraz
    Baraz
    ✭✭✭
    One of the known bugs is sometimes your hotbars (powers) get locked-out and you can no longer attack in any way, but you can parry and walk. If this is your case, opening and closing any menu will unlock the hotbars.

It would seem this happens when you are interrupted doing Flurry (duel wielding) or the equivalent flurry of attacks from the Templar for example.
  • Svann
    Svann
    ✭✭✭
    Chirru wrote: »
    Yep..it is a BUG if you need to re-log to fix it,
    but..you also might have bee CC'd (another word for being stunned).
    Happened to me being attacked by three critters at once.

Except that he was still able to move. I dont think there are any CC abilities that stop you from attacking but still allow you to move.

I had the same thing the other day. Just me and 1 mob in an instance, and I couldnt use any number key attacks nor could I attack with left mouse button. I could still run but running didnt do me much good since he could too. After dying once it fixed itself.

• deathly809_ESO
    deathly809_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Sometimes I will try to use my Draconic Ultimate and it just puts giant stone wings on my back and I can't attack or roll or anything. Just run around like an idiot.
  • Pinn
    Pinn
    ✭✭
    DW here as well, may be related to trying something while executing flurry. Not only are you not able to swing, but your movement is slowed as well.

Will keep trying to figure out exactly what I am doing to invoke this bug.
  • tangorn
    tangorn
    ✭✭
    It is flurry. Seems like if you do something before animation is finished you get stuck. hitting escape twice helps.
    here is a discussion of the same thing in another thread
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/83499/two-questions-hirelings-and-combat#latest
  • dreildragb14_ESO
    I often get froze by thorns or something on a few mobs, the timer is so long you might as well just type "/stuck" and get it over with.. Think a time or 2 I got stuck without the thorn animation.
  • Zabus
    Zabus
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah I hate this glitch, I have to alt + tab just so I can get it to work again. And sometimes I'm unable to alt + tab for whatever reasons and I end up getting killed.
    Zavus - Khajiit Nightblade EP | AR 50
    Zāv - Imperial Templar | AR 24
    Zavbags - Argonian Nightblade EP | AR 19
    Zabus - Redguard Nightblade DC | AR 13
    Negate Three - Breton Sorcerer EP | AR 19
  • VampiricOmen
    VampiricOmen
    ✭✭✭
    I have had this occur more often on my dual wield Nightblade than I have on my sword and shield/restoration staff Templar. Nonetheless, instances of this bug occur only when fighting mobs, and pressing the ESC key twice fixes the problem. It's very annoying especially if I am the designated healer in a group, but I am hoping such a bug can be fixed. It seems to happen very randomly to me, although there probably is a trigger and I'm just not putting two and two together.

On the Nightblade, I do have the morphed Flurry on the ability quickbar, but I've had this issue occur when using the standard dual dagger attacks. With the Templar, while having the restoration staff equipped I do not have any Aedric Spear abilities on the quickbar and I have had this occur at least twice. But yeah, sword and shield quickbar does have Aedric Spear abilities and it does occur more often with those wielded.

Pressing ESC twice has always remedied the problem. My Sorcerer friend has come across this bug too, not entirely sure of what abilities she uses but she has Resto staff and Flame staff equipped.
  • JunkyardWolf
    JunkyardWolf
    ✭✭
    happened to me a couple times but I believe im being stunned not fubar'd
  • Cwynlaen
    Cwynlaen
    ✭✭
    I've had this happen to me at least twice, probably three times on all of my EP characters, in the Balreth fight. It usually occurs early on in the fight, maybe around the time the first scamps show up. I accidentally found the Esc key fix while panicking across my keyboard.
  • njowoweb17_ESO
    its a bug...not me!or a stun!!it happents all the time when i spam FLURRY...fix it!
  • antmck2011rwb17_ESO
    I see I'm not the only one who's had this. I had it a couple of times a few days ago. The enemy was nearly dead too. Suddenly couldn't attack or do anything else. Yes, I could still move. So ran away. OK, I though fine now, nothing here. So I tried logging out. Only to get the message that I can't while under attack. WTF??!! I think that time I died. The 2nd time it happened I was able to run away and then after a short while everything returned to normal. Odd. Haven't had that today though.
  • Cepeza
    Cepeza
    ✭✭✭
    This is a long known dual wield issue.

You can hit ESC (twice) to heal that bug.

[EDIT] For me this happens often when I use Rapid Strikes (morph of Flurry)
    Edited by Cepeza on April 24, 2014 10:08AM
  • Pretext
    Pretext
    ✭✭
    This has occurred twice for me since launch, I don't think its lag, you can run off, but you can't attack.
  • Khyy_ESO
    Khyy_ESO
    Yeah... this is continuing to happen even at current.
  • dabossarwb17_ESO
    add me (sigh) - Duel weld. ill try the ESC idea sounds like it works.
  • Khyy_ESO
    Khyy_ESO
    add me (sigh) - Duel weld. ill try the ESC idea sounds like it works.

It does. But it's still crazy that nearly a month after launch issues like this that were around in beta still exist.