The connection issues for the North American PC/Mac megaserver have been resolved at this time. If you continue to experience difficulties at login, please restart your client. Thank you for your patience!

Yet another Templar nerf.

• Theist_VII
    Theist_VII
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Theist_VII wrote: »
    Treeshka wrote: »
    This also nerfs Warden since Chilled is direct damage as far as i know.

Not quite sure about that interaction, but it goes without a doubt that every class was negatively impacted by this change, except for Arcanist and maybe Dragonknight.

Reason I put so much focus on Templar in the title of the thread is because @ZOS_GinaBruno handed @ZOS_Kevin a satire piece about Puncturing Strikes overperforming, to publish, which I found hilarious.

Talk about getting set up. 😂

dk nerf too, runecarver’s blaze need vma greatsword buff do good dmg

Does Runecarver proc that frequently? Wasn’t it every 3rd tick of a dot?
  • Renato90085
    Renato90085
    ✭✭✭

Not quite sure about that interaction, but it goes without a doubt that every class was negatively impacted by this change, except for Arcanist and maybe Dragonknight.

Reason I put so much focus on Templar in the title of the thread is because @ZOS_GinaBruno handed @ZOS_Kevin a satire piece about Puncturing Strikes overperforming, to publish, which I found hilarious.

This proc dmg is direct damage just set check dot ,so live runecarver can do 11-12k with greatsword
    Now PTS we test is 9k-10k
    and maybe it a buff for nb and Necro(if class main direct dmg is a high direct damage skill
  • Theist_VII
    Theist_VII
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This proc dmg is direct damage just set check dot ,so live runecarver can do 11-12k with greatsword
    and maybe it a buff for nb and Necro(if class main direct dmg is a high direct damage skill

Okay, good to know it’s been tested.

Yeah so pretty much every class except for Arcanist is going to feel this change.

While I agree having one weapon dominating the scene in PvE is bad, it’s downright hilarious that one of the reasons it was nerfed was Puncturing Strikes, a poor man’s Fatecarver.
    Edited by Theist_VII on October 9, 2024 5:43PM
  • Galeriano2
    Galeriano2
    ✭✭✭✭

Yeah so pretty much every class except for Arcanist is going to feel this change.

While I agree having one weapon dominating the scene in PvE is bad, it’s downright hilarious that one of the reasons it was nerfed was Puncturing Strikes, a poor man’s Fatecarver.

To be fair it feels like jabs were just an escape goat argument for ZoS. The real reason why they made this change is most propably a new set called Shared Pain which was getting some broken results while combined with maelstrom 2h on PTS.
    Edited by Galeriano2 on October 9, 2024 6:52PM
  • gariondavey
    gariondavey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Galeriano2 wrote: »

To be fair it feels like jabs were just an escape goat argument for ZoS. The real reason why they made this change is most propably a new set called Shared Pain which was getting some broken results while combined with maelstrom 2h on PTS.

Imagine if instead of destroying a playstyle that was already scuffed in order to attempt to reclaim what they also destroyed, that they instead just tweaked the new set shared pain so it didn't have that interaction
    PC NA @gariondavey, BG, IC & Cyrodiil Focused Since October 2017 Stamplar (main), Magplar, Magsorc, Stamsorc, StamDK, MagDK, Stamblade, Magblade, Magden, Stamden
  • Vaqual
    Vaqual
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think I am starting to like this change. It will weaken some builds I like, but it will hurt also a lot of annoying stuff. Destro definitely benefited overly much from this with crushing, ele sus and the increased status chance.
    When they first changed the bleed I was quite upset, but with this change I am pretty much ok, even though I capitalized on the live version as much as I could.
  • Calffrey
    Calffrey
    ✭✭✭
    Another thought, was thinking “oh I can still use Templar charge in solo content because taunt won’t matter there.” But, my companion is a tank. So my source of major protection in difficult solo content is broken now.

Please make one morph a non-taunt.
  • Gabriel_H
    Gabriel_H
    ✭✭✭
    jv0v25q7hhnh.jpeg
    Thanks for specifically referencing Puncturing Strikes, I would hate for there to be any confusion.

Eh?

12% of 6,666 is 800.
    800 is more than 560.

How is that a nerf?
  • Gabriel_H
    Gabriel_H
    ✭✭✭
    It's not giving you 800 damage. It's just a 12% boost at max.

No, it's a 12% boost period. At max it's 800 compared to the previous max that was 560.

Edited by Gabriel_H on October 16, 2024 12:21PM
  • ArctosCethlenn
    ArctosCethlenn
    ✭✭✭
    Gabriel_H wrote: »
    It's not giving you 800 damage. It's just a 12% boost at max.

No, it's a 12% boost period. At max it's 800 compared to the previous max that was 560.

It increases your direct damage by up to 12 percent, scaling based on your spell/weapon damage. not by 12% of 6666 spell damage. So before, a 1000 hit would become 1560, now it'd be 1000 *1.12 = 1120.
  • Gabriel_H
    Gabriel_H
    ✭✭✭
    It increases your direct damage by up to 12 percent, scaling based on your spell/weapon damage. not by 12% of 6666 spell damage. So before, a 1000 hit would become 1560, now it'd be 1000 *1.12 = 1120.

Fun Fact: End game requires more than 1,000 WD/SD.

I mean seriously:

My raid-buffed Templar DD:
    oka4rt1hdwrk.png

My self-buffed Templar solo:
    2ikiavyredqf.png

Heck, even my unbuffed Templar Tank has 2,592 WD/SD:
    m54oikvq7kgm.png
    Edited by Gabriel_H on October 16, 2024 3:49PM
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I mean seriously:

My raid-buffed Templar DD:
    oka4rt1hdwrk.png

My self-buffed Templar solo:
    2ikiavyredqf.png

Heck, even my unbuffed Templar Tank has 2,592 WD/SD:
    m54oikvq7kgm.png

i think you missed the point

1000 number was the example of base dmg of a hit

the previous version of maelstrom 2h would have added a straight 560 dmg at max bringing the dmg to 1560

the new version is a 12% increase which would bring a 1000 dmg hit to 1120 dmg, nearly 70% less overall dmg for a low dmg hit like that

the strength in a flat increase is those apply before other % increases

if your comparing a higher dmg such as a spammable, the dmg needs to deal at least 4666 dmg for a 12% modifier to increase the dmg by 560 dmg, so the new version of the maelstrom 2h might surpass the dmg of old maelstrom 2h for high dmg single hits

like others noted based on the numbers this is almost entirely due to the fact the old maelstrom 2h buffed the return dmg on shared pain, and the example of 1000 dmg is very applicable to that proc as its dmg is actually even less than that, so the 70% margin mentioned is further increased
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014

i have my main house (grand topal hideaway) listed in the housing tours, it has multiple target dummies, scribing altar, and grandmaster stations (in progress being filled out), as well as almost every antiquity furnishing on display to preview them

feel free to stop by and use the facilities
  • ArctosCethlenn
    ArctosCethlenn
    ✭✭✭

Just say you don't know how either old OR new maelstrom 2h works. There's only a little shame in not understanding second grade math.
  • Theist_VII
    Theist_VII
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Just say you don't know how either old OR new maelstrom 2h works. There's only a little shame in not understanding second grade math.

Lmao right. All it takes is a half-glance at the notes to equate the MA 2h nerf to one for Jabs.

They’ve outright stated that was the reasoning behind their decision, that they felt Puncturing Sweeps was overperforming, just read the quoted section from the OP.
    Edited by Theist_VII on October 16, 2024 8:45PM
  • The_Meathead
    The_Meathead
    ✭✭✭
    They’ve outright stated that was the reasoning behind their decision, that they felt Puncturing Sweeps was overperforming, just read the quoted section from the OP.

That's the part that was so aggravating.

It's not "Hey guys, we're nerfing this weapon because it's outperforming what we wanted," and then oh look, Jabs got caught up in the change. That sucks, but collateral damage happens, right?

NOPE. It was straight up kicking Templar while it's down, and bragging about it. "Hey dummies still playing Templar! We caught you making Jabs kinda work, so we nerfed the heck out of it. TAKE THAT, YA BIG STUPID HEADS."

Just... why? The forums echo with pleas for Jabs to be brought back to a good level in as close to a consensus as you'll ever probably see, and they do this? *That's* the priority? I don't get it.
    Edited by The_Meathead on October 16, 2024 10:52PM