Maintenance for the week of May 27:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 27

Grace Period to enter code for Physical Editions

Minnus
Minnus
✭✭
I think the grace period of only 48 hours is a bit unreasonable and should be extended.

Seeing that the game is released on a Friday, the next business day is Monday, the Grace Period should be extended till at least the 7th. Packages, unless ordered from a place that supports "release day delivery", will not arrive before Monday.

I personally ordered my physical Imperial Collector's Edition from Best Buy a very long time ago. It is not suppose to arrive to me till April 8th.

Please consider extending the Grace Period, as I imagine this will benefit everyone (happier customers).
  • Minnus
    Minnus
    ✭✭
    I guess Zenimax has much larger problems than this, lol
    Options
  • Raikana1128
    I was supposed to get release date delivery from Amazon, and they have since emailed me telling me that they don't know when my package will get to me. So I may not even get mine as early as the 8th, even though I paid for 2 day shipping.
    Options
  • ThommyGunn
    I agree
    "Every man dies, not every man really lives." ~ William Wallace

Be sure to check out my ESO music Vid and enjoy, more to come;
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=So1KVBx2IPQ
    Options
  • Laura
    Laura
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    agreed.
    Options
  • Minnus
    Minnus
    ✭✭
    Request officially ignored. Guess they don't care about people who spent $100 on their fancy Collector's edition. Guess who just lost the desire for the $100 Collector's books. Thanks Zeni!
    Edited by Minnus on April 6, 2014 9:34PM
    Options
  • EQBallzz
    EQBallzz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had guaranteed delivery date of 4/4 and didn't get it, either. Now I can't log in. There was of course no delay in charging me 100 dollars for the game. I'm supposed to get it tomorrow but who knows if that will happen. Extend the early access please!
    Options
  • Lord_Auric
    Agreed! Tempted to just cancel the whole thing.

Signed,
    Easily Frustrated.
    Options
  • Sam
    Sam
    ✭✭✭
    Agreed, the grace period needs to be extended.
    * Arkay's Tester *
    Options
  • Daghr
    Daghr
    yes, this is frustrating. I purchased the Imperial physical edition from ebgames, it's not scheduled to arrive until the 9th. So despite having shelled out $130, I'm not able to play the game anymore.
    Options
  • gharms
    gharms
    ✭✭✭
    Same here Daghr. I won't see my copy until Wednesday, and the resounding silence from Zenimax is amazing. You would think they might want to save a mass influx of returned, $100 copies of their game. Guess not. Mine is going back to the store if this isn't fixed today. I've had it with the sheer ineptitude of this whole company.
    Options
  • Lord_Auric
    Seems odd to set the grace period to expire on a Sunday. Who gets deliveries on a Sunday? Poorly executed I must say.
    Options
  • Proxas
    Proxas
    Daghr wrote: »
    yes, this is frustrating. I purchased the Imperial physical edition from ebgames, it's not scheduled to arrive until the 9th. So despite having shelled out $130, I'm not able to play the game anymore.

I can only hope that the silence means it's being run through their chain of command to give us more time.

They're probably just watching TV though honestly.
    Options
  • Lord_Auric
    They're all getting ready to watch GoT. :-)
    Options
  • ThommyGunn
    Well now its time to play the waiting game..isnt that what we paid for? To sit here an wait while others play. That should of been listed as one of the perks for the IE or bonus for Amazons preorder. ;)
    "Every man dies, not every man really lives." ~ William Wallace

Be sure to check out my ESO music Vid and enjoy, more to come;
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=So1KVBx2IPQ
    Options
  • Proxas
    Proxas
    ThommyGunn wrote: »
    Well now its time to play the waiting game..isnt that what we paid for? To sit here an wait while others play. That should of been listed as one of the perks for the IE or bonus for Amazons preorder. ;)

FREE 3 extra days to spend with your family, INCLUDED with physical copies only.

Families suck.

Options
  • vandefanel
    vandefanel
    ✭✭
    Lord_Auric wrote: »
    Seems odd to set the grace period to expire on a Sunday. Who gets deliveries on a Sunday? Poorly executed I must say.

Noone does, not sure about europe but nothing in north america delivers on a sunday nor has it in my 26 years of breathing air on this earth so why people likely older than I am couldnt figure that out is mind boggling.
    Options
  • LickerOfWindows
    +3 to being mocked by your wife who can play while you cannot because you ordered the CE
    Options
  • Proxas
    Proxas
    +3 to being mocked by your wife who can play while you cannot because you ordered the CE

Hover behind her and commentate the game. That'll show her.

Options
  • waynesrcb14_ESO
    Mine will be here on the 10th. Some peorder
    Options
  • Kadal
    Kadal
    Am I correct in understanding this?

The Early Access period is over, and I can no longer log in to the game. My physical copy will not arrive until April 9th. I cannot create my account until I enter the code from my physical edition. So I simply wait until Amazon delivers the physical box so I can enter the code to start the billing and then start playing again?
    Edited by Kadal on April 6, 2014 10:13PM
    Options
  • gharms
    gharms
    ✭✭✭
    As of right now, yes. That is the case Kadal. It's an amateur move from an amateur company.
    Options
  • plard56b14_ESO
    I don't think they thought this through. Why should someone who bought the more expensive collectors edition be cut off from access. Even if you used overnight shipping you probably wouldn't receive your copy until Monday considering Saturday shipping is an extra service for UPS. Not sure about FedEx
    I don't see the harm in extending the grace period through this Friday for people with early access
    Options
  • reignfyre
    reignfyre
    ✭✭✭
    This is why you don't do a ridiculously complicated campaign of pre-orders, multiple editions, in-game exclusives, early access, etc. How dumb.

I'm not kidding here: I'd love to go back to the day of buying the box in the store on release day and getting the game on a DVD or two with a game manual and maybe a map. Keep it simple stupid.
    Options
  • davallyn
    davallyn
    Don't feel too bad, I picked up our physical editions from Best Buy on Friday and the website claims they require "The Elder Scrolls Online" thus, we still cant log on or find a place to manage our subscriptions. I really could use some help with this problem. Do I have to reinstall the game from the discs?
    Options
  • Proxas
    Proxas
    davallyn wrote: »
    Don't feel too bad, I picked up our physical editions from Best Buy on Friday and the website claims they require "The Elder Scrolls Online" thus, we still cant log on or find a place to manage our subscriptions. I really could use some help with this problem. Do I have to reinstall the game from the discs?

You inputted the code on the back of your CD case?
    Options
  • darkkterror_ESO
    darkkterror_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    davallyn wrote: »

This issue usually stems from trying to apply the codes in the wrong order. I'll give you an example:

I purchased the Imperial physical edition from Best Buy. Inside the box there is no less than three codes. These codes are split up between two separate pieces of paper (one is a folded paper which contains one code, the other is an unfolded paper that has the other two codes).

These codes are: game registration code, Imperial edition exclusive code, and Explorer's Pack code. The latter two codes require the game registration code to be redeemed first. Attempting to redeem either the Imperial edition exclusive code or the Explorer's Pack code before the game registration code will result in an error message telling you that they required the Elder Scrolls Online before being applied.
    Options
  • davallyn
    davallyn
    yes and told me that i needed the game ??
    Options
  • Kadal
    Kadal
    Many thanks, gharms, for verifying what I was afraid was true. At any rate, let's hope it will be smooth sailing from here on out. And, ahhh, the good old days when you just bought the game, installed it, then sat down and read the manual that always came with the box:)
    Edited by Kadal on April 6, 2014 10:28PM
    Options
  • teedizzle78b16_ESO
    Such a poor decision from a amateur company for shure! They are gonna lose many potential buyers and subbers, including I.
    Options
  • dalethionb16_ESO
    dalethionb16_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Agreed! We have the Early Access code tied to our account, so we clearly have the game, why kick us out? I preordered on EBGames and the tracking code they sent me shows that expected delivery is April 8th.
    Options