Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Livestream for Update 44 happening now...

• majulook
    majulook
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hiyde wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_Kevin

For those that obtain the new companions via ESO+, will access to them be removed if the subscription lapses?

I thought Gina said something along the lines of ESO+ people would still have to go into the Crown Store to obtain these, which makes it a "FREE" item purchase. Logic would dictate the companions would remain in the mix even after a sub lapses?

Yes Gina said ESO+ members would need to go to the Crown store and get them.
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
  • JemadarofCaerSalis
    JemadarofCaerSalis
    ✭✭✭✭
    spartaxoxo wrote: »
    Elder Scrolls: Castle is a new mobile game launch. ESO online will have a pet egg looking thingy that you can get as partnership with this new mobile game. You'll manage a castle. I haven't played Fall Out Shelter but it's giving me those vibes.

Available for download now. You can get the little egg from the crown store on Sept 16th.

this is the most interesting part for me (disappointed in the companion, I really wanted a male altmer), I have played fallout shelter and liked it in general.
  • Destai
    Destai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Honestly, the only thing that caught my eye was the new scribing skills. The new banner skill looks cool. Excited to try that out on my healers/tanks when it launches.

Beyond that, not a lot I was happy to see.

BGs are cool, but not something I'm generally interested in. Seems like they're still figuring out what they want that game mode to be. Hopefully it goes well. I'm disappointed, but not surprised, with how they handled the Cyrodiil topic again. I wish they had prepared a more formal - and warm - response to that easily anticipated situation. I can imagine people are tired of it being a topic, but maybe addressing it more openly, regularly, and warmly will be better than just not talking about it and getting short on stream.

The companions don't really sound like my cup of tea. I was really hoping for a male Altmer companion. The bonuses aren't bad, but nothing I'm going out of my way for. Lockpicking's something I've already maxed and almost always one-shot because of the Legerdemain skill line. Heavy sacks are cool, but I'm not leveling a companion for them. The monetized nature of them is incredibly off-putting.
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    AzuraFan wrote: »

For those that obtain the new companions via ESO+, will access to them be removed if the subscription lapses?

I thought Gina said something along the lines of ESO+ people would still have to go into the Crown Store to obtain these, which makes it a "FREE" item purchase. Logic would dictate the companions would remain in the mix even after a sub lapses?

I think you might be right, but it would be nice to get confirmation.

For those with ESOPlus, the companions will be a permanent unlock once you claim them from the store. So if your account lapses for whatever reason, you will still have the companions on your account.
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Staff Post
  • AzuraFan
    AzuraFan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »

For those with ESOPlus, the companions will be a permanent unlock once you claim them from the store. So if your account lapses for whatever reason, you will still have the companions on your account.

Oh, yay! That's superb! Thanks for confirming, @ZOS_Kevin.
  • Estin
    Estin
    ✭✭✭✭
    I was overall impressed with what I saw in today's stream. It's a complete overhaul of the current BGs system which I'm interested in seeing how it would play out over time. They've addressed a lot of issues me and others had about BGs. I understand people not liking BGs, but that's only because the current BGs system is super trashy. With this complete overhaul, I feel like most of what made BGs trashy would be resolved.

My only concern is mixing group and solo queues. I know it's confirmed for 4v4 allowing groups up to 4 players, but if 8v8 allows groups, especially up to 8 players, then all it takes is 1 cyrodiil ball group to queue into 8v8 and just run around the map making everybody's day worse. Hopefully U44 includes changes to heal stacking so groups like that can't be immortal anymore, but the new MMR should also take your playstyle into account so if you queue solo, you're not being shoved into a match against 4man premade groups.
  • JemadarofCaerSalis
    JemadarofCaerSalis
    ✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_GinaBruno ZOS_Kevin

Oh, this is nice.

I will probably unlock them and level them at least. Maybe the Khajiit necromancer will be nice.
  • MJallday
    MJallday
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Estin wrote: »
    I was overall impressed with what I saw in today's stream. It's a complete overhaul of the current BGs system which I'm interested in seeing how it would play out over time. They've addressed a lot of issues me and others had about BGs. I understand people not liking BGs, but that's only because the current BGs system is super trashy. With this complete overhaul, I feel like most of what made BGs trashy would be resolved.

My only concern is mixing group and solo queues. I know it's confirmed for 4v4 allowing groups up to 4 players, but if 8v8 allows groups, especially up to 8 players, then all it takes is 1 cyrodiil ball group to queue into 8v8 and just run around the map making everybody's day worse. Hopefully U44 includes changes to heal stacking so groups like that can't be immortal anymore, but the new MMR should also take your playstyle into account so if you queue solo, you're not being shoved into a match against 4man premade groups.

Ballgroup vs ballgroup

Count me out
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    <snip>

I heard ZOS is dropping the older consoles which hopefully that helps with their preferences BUT also heard talks of cross-platform or crossplay....

Does anyone have any info about this? It was in a post with a yt vid.

"But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending." Mercedes Lackey, Into the West

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- four accounts, many alts....
  • Destai
    Destai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Thanks for confirming. Can you confirm if all future companions are expected to be in the crown store in some fashion?
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

While that's nice at least. It still feels like a slap in the face to plus subscribers and non plus subscribers alike, for myself, personally.

Back when the current cadence was announced, I noted that our subs benefits had lessened. I am glad to see some new stuff coming to Plus, but something I would have gotten as part of the chapter being turned into a crown store thing doesn't feel like a benefit. It feels like I'm losing out on my chapter purchase instead. That's just myself, how I personally feel as someone who subs by the year and buys the chapter.
  • disky
    disky
    ✭✭✭✭✭

While I would have preferred to have them included with the chapter, this is at least a reasonable thing to do. Thank you for the clarification.
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    disky wrote: »
    While I would have preferred to have them included with the chapter, this is at least a reasonable thing to do. Thank you for the clarification.

From my point of view it's better than nothing, but it won't help people who have bought the latest chapter but do not have ESO+. The most elegant solution would have been to make them free for everyone - also as an advert for people who weren't interested yet to try out the companion system.
    @Syldras | PC | EU
    The forceful expression of will gives true honor to the Ancestors.
    Sarayn Andrethi, Telvanni mage (Main)
    Darvasa Andrethi, his "I'm NOT a Necromancer!" sister
    Malacar Sunavarlas, Altmer Ayleid vampire
  • jle30303
    jle30303
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is there going to be a reprise of the stream at any time with drops enabled? For those who, thanks to real life commitments, couldn't get on live?
  • ZOS_Kraken
    ZOS_Kraken
    admin
    @jle30303 It was posted here that a chance for the drops would come again.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8182653/#Comment_8182653
    Staff Post
  • disky
    disky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Syldras wrote: »
    The most elegant solution would have been to make them free for everyone

To this, I say "lol".
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    disky wrote: »
    To this, I say "lol".

After many disappointments to the playerbase it would be wise to at least try to gain sympathy points.
    @Syldras | PC | EU
    The forceful expression of will gives true honor to the Ancestors.
    Sarayn Andrethi, Telvanni mage (Main)
    Darvasa Andrethi, his "I'm NOT a Necromancer!" sister
    Malacar Sunavarlas, Altmer Ayleid vampire
  • Muizer
    Muizer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can anyone explain what Wheeler meant by "short term PvP"?
    Please stop making requests for game features. ZOS have enough bad ideas as it is!
  • sarahthes
    sarahthes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Muizer wrote: »

Battlegrounds. Like timed matches.
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

A BG match is shorter than a typical Cyrodiil session. Also, they'll have brief breaks in between rounds in some modes IIRC.
  • moderatelyfatman
    moderatelyfatman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    4v4 - you only get so many lives per round. Once you die that many times, you're out. There are 3 rounds / 5 mins each. All subject to change.

Given how lopsided some BG matches are, how is this going to work if your entire team gets wiped too often. Will the opposing team basically run around an empty map until the timer runs out?
  • AnduinTryggva
    AnduinTryggva
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sarahthes wrote: »
    Joining a match in progress/teams with quitters won't be getting as penalized on MMR in 4v4. No MMR for 8v8. MMR for 4v4 will decay much faster when not playing the game mode. Will do more resets of MMR so more people have chances to leaderboard.

that sounds amazing, the MMR is one of the biggest problems with the existing BGs
    So... um... how they will match good players vs other good players of similar skill ? If they drop MMR & not introduce other sytem in its place, then you will have noobs paried vs pros... I played with some PvP games that had no mm at all and it was terrible experience...

I think it's 8v8 (which has no leaderboards and fewer rewards) that doesn't have MMR.

What's MMR?
  • AnduinTryggva
    AnduinTryggva
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mundane runes, heartwood, and decorative wax drop rate increase.

Now that is definitely excellent news!
  • AnduinTryggva
    AnduinTryggva
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A pity that we did not get a Bosmer companion, a nightblade would have been nice.
  • gamma71
    gamma71
    ✭✭✭✭
    Good changes for BG,s having two teams so much less chaotic than 3
  • AzuraFan
    AzuraFan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    What's MMR?

Match-making ranking. Every character has one. They use it to try to create teams that will be a good match. If you've ever played the existing battlegrounds, you'll know that they haven't been doing a good job. I don't do battlegrounds often, but when I have, for about 90% of those matches, one team has dominated. The other teams might as well have quit and gone home. I've sometimes wished the clock would run down faster because it's not fun to be on a team that has no chance whatsoever. Wheeler has said they've improved how they determine MMR so that won't happen with the competitive 4v4. I guess we'll see...

• Muizer
    Muizer
    ✭✭✭✭✭

A BG match is shorter than a typical Cyrodiil session. Also, they'll have brief breaks in between rounds in some modes IIRC.

I suppose that's a way of looking at it. A slightly odd way IMHO. I'd say small scale PvP would more aptly characterize the difference, with time being the obvious corollary.
    Please stop making requests for game features. ZOS have enough bad ideas as it is!