Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Livestream for Update 44 happening now...

• Overamera
    Overamera
    ✭✭✭✭
    Please allow cp in competitive bgs
  • AzuraFan
    AzuraFan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Okay, hopefully I got most of it. So for PvP, the big news is:

3 sided battlegrounds is going away for now. They might bring it back for events/holidays.

Now it will just be 2 teams.

4v4 - competitive mode. Smaller maps. 3 rounds of 5 mins each. Each round has max lives. You're out one you lose them for that round.

8v8 - more relaxed mode. Larger maps.

Only 4v4 has leaderboard, and you can only access 4v4 at level 50.

Earn unique rewards faster in 4v4.
    Edited by AzuraFan on September 10, 2024 7:13PM
  • robpr
    robpr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All "Where cyro content" questions are ignored

Edit: Gina acknowledged the question, but for now only BGs
    Edited by robpr on September 10, 2024 7:14PM
  • Jsmalls
    Jsmalls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    spartaxoxo wrote: »
    ESO+ will now gain experience and alliance points faster now.

Is this going to be tied to Cyrodiil leaderboards??

One hell of a way to force Cyrodiil PvPers into ESO plus... Considering there has been no new content for like 6+ years...
  • AzuraFan
    AzuraFan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Gina acknowledges that people are asking about Cyrodiil but they're focusing on 2-sided battlegrounds for this stream.
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Netch oil set shown on the screen had a 5 piece bonus that made it so that when you have crowd control immunity, you'll also be immune to snares and immobilizations. There will be new sets you can earn coming with this update. I didn't catch if that netch oil set will be part of it.
  • Stamicka
    Stamicka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They didn't mention whether or not you could queue with others for these new BG modes. It looked to me like there's just an option to queue for 4v4 and 8v8. So could a group of 8 queue into the 8v8 or is it solo queue only?

@ZOS_Kevin can we get any insight about this?
    JaeyL
    PC NA and Xbox NA
  • AzuraFan
    AzuraFan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    All the matches in 4v4 are deathmatch oriented.
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jsmalls wrote: »
    ESO+ will now gain experience and alliance points faster now.

Is this going to be tied to Cyrodiil leaderboards??

One hell of a way to force Cyrodiil PvPers into ESO plus... Considering there has been no new content for like 6+ years...

That's for BGs for now. They know people want updates to Cyro but this udpate is going to be focused on the BGs update.
  • AzuraFan
    AzuraFan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    In 4v4, if you wipe out the opposite team, you win the round.
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Joining a match in progress/teams with quitters won't be getting as penalized on MMR in 4v4. No MMR for 8v8. MMR for 4v4 will decay much faster when not playing the game mode. Will do more resets of MMR so more people have chances to leaderboard.

that sounds amazing, the MMR is one of the biggest problems with the existing BGs
    So... um... how they will match good players vs other good players of similar skill ? If they drop MMR & not introduce other sytem in its place, then you will have noobs paried vs pros... I played some PvP games that had no mm at all and it was terrible experience...
    Edited by Tommy_The_Gun on September 10, 2024 7:16PM
  • sarahthes
    sarahthes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Joining a match in progress/teams with quitters won't be getting as penalized on MMR in 4v4. No MMR for 8v8. MMR for 4v4 will decay much faster when not playing the game mode. Will do more resets of MMR so more people have chances to leaderboard.

that sounds amazing, the MMR is one of the biggest problems with the existing BGs
    So... um... how they will match good players vs other good players of similar skill ? If they drop MMR & not introduce other sytem in its place, then you will have noobs paried vs pros... I played with some PvP games that had no mm at all and it was terrible experience...

I think it's 8v8 (which has no leaderboards and fewer rewards) that doesn't have MMR.
  • xDeusEJRx
    xDeusEJRx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AzuraFan wrote: »
    One new map is in a city on an island. Has houses, streets, etc.

7 new maps.

4 are focused on 8v8 activity.

8v8 maps include power-ups (example: sigil of speed)

They added in power ups? That's funny because that was in BG's from day 1 and they ninja removed the power sigils from BGs in an incremental patch. It's funny how they're just adding back a mechanic they removed from the game
    Solo PvP'er PS5 NA player

90% of my body is made of Magblade
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gina acknowledges that people are asking about Cyrodiil but they're focusing on 2-sided battlegrounds for this stream.

But no positive indication that Cyrodiil is something they'll come back to after this stream just the obvious conclusion that nothing is planned for Cyrodiil so they have nothing to say on it. They could have been more encouraging, but clearly chose not to be.
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sarahthes wrote: »

So... um... how they will match good players vs other good players of similar skill ? If they drop MMR & not introduce other sytem in its place, then you will have noobs paried vs pros... I played with some PvP games that had no mm at all and it was terrible experience...

I think it's 8v8 (which has no leaderboards and fewer rewards) that doesn't have MMR.

Yes. That's mostly correct. All the rewards will be available from 8v8 but you'll obtain it much slower.
  • AzuraFan
    AzuraFan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    xDeusEJRx wrote: »
    One new map is in a city on an island. Has houses, streets, etc.

7 new maps.

4 are focused on 8v8 activity.

8v8 maps include power-ups (example: sigil of speed)

They added in power ups? That's funny because that was in BG's from day 1 and they ninja removed the power sigils from BGs in an incremental patch. It's funny how they're just adding back a mechanic they removed from the game

Yeah, Wheeler said they unbalanced the battlegrounds too much, but they're trying them again.
  • Theist_VII
    Theist_VII
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MMR tightening is going to throttle queue times for Competitive, definitely a miss there.
  • AzuraFan
    AzuraFan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Additional Update 44 Features - presented by Carrie Day (systems designer - recently has focused on companions):

New scribing grimoire - banner bearer - supplies buff to group's abilities.
  • AzuraFan
    AzuraFan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Restorative banner
    Fiery banner
    (more, probably, but only saw those two)

no-cost ability
    It's a toggle

• AzuraFan
    AzuraFan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Similar to trials - banner on back - aura around you.
  • AzuraFan
    AzuraFan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Can buy it for 50k from vendor. Need to level alliance skill line.
  • LadyGP
    LadyGP
    ✭✭✭
    Tandor wrote: »

But no positive indication that Cyrodiil is something they'll come back to after this stream just the obvious conclusion that nothing is planned for Cyrodiil so they have nothing to say on it. They could have been more encouraging, but clearly chose not to be.

My thought as well. They KNEW people were expecting this to be cyro related and 1) to make it BGs only but 2) not have a prepared response or way to handle the feedback you should have expected you were going to receive was mind blowing to me.
    It's a ZOS issue... not a pc hardware issue.

- AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D 8-Core Processor 4.20 GHz
    - 64 GB RAM
  • AzuraFan
    AzuraFan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Additional support for 14 focus scripts. New options for damage dealing grimoires, vault will have bleed, a bunch of others, see PTS patch notes on Monday.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So... um... how they will match good players vs other good players of similar skill ? If they drop MMR & not introduce other sytem in its place, then you will have noobs paried vs pros... I played some PvP games that had no mm at all and it was terrible experience...

its already been noted 4v4 will be MMR

the 8v8 wont be any different than it is currently, which is no MMR (the current MMR is effectively no MMR because all it is based on is your cumulative medal score, it doesnt matter if your a pvp god or a pvp noob, you will get forced into the higher brackets the longer you play them)

so having no MMR for the 8v8 wont be much different than it is currently, though i expect most actual competitive pvp players will play the ranked mode instead of the casual mode
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014

i have my main house (grand topal hideaway) listed in the housing tours, it has multiple target dummies, scribing altar, and grandmaster stations (in progress being filled out), as well as almost every antiquity furnishing on display to preview them

feel free to stop by and use the facilities
  • AzuraFan
    AzuraFan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    4 new skill styles.
  • AzuraFan
    AzuraFan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    All new skill styles sourced in game.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Restorative banner
    Fiery banner
    (more, probably, but only saw those two)

no-cost ability
    It's a toggle

if its going to be a toggle, its unlikely this ability will be useable on single bar, likely would require being double barred

but being a scribe skill its likely gonna be worth it lol
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014

i have my main house (grand topal hideaway) listed in the housing tours, it has multiple target dummies, scribing altar, and grandmaster stations (in progress being filled out), as well as almost every antiquity furnishing on display to preview them

feel free to stop by and use the facilities
  • AzuraFan
    AzuraFan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Improvements to item sourcing an currencies - see patch notes for details:

Converting imperial city vault keys into a new currency
    Replacing old treasure chest in IC vaults with vendors - can buy the item you want
    Every IC item set is now curated.
    Changes to IC sewers vendors - telvar jewelry merchant will rotating merchant, similar to Filer Ool in IA
    Increasing drop rates of some rare furnishing materials

• spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Update 44 Base Game Features

4v4 and 8v8 Battlegrounds - two teams, replacing old version but those will make returns. 4v4 mroe competitive with a leaderboard and tighter MMR with resets. 8v8 won't have MMR more casual. Power ups and bigger maps in 8v8. Leaderboards will be fastest way to earn rewards. 7 new maps.

New Scribing Grimoire-Banner Bearer - you'll get a flag like the banner mobs, toggle ability, and it will provide bonuses to your whole team based off your focus script. Must be on both bars to work when bar swapping. Doesn't cost anything. The area looks pretty big. 50k coin from the vendor but need to level your alliance war skill line, it will be a support skill.

Additional support for 14 focus scripts. More frost support . Vault will have a bleed, Elemental explosion will have physical damage, etc.

4 New Skill Styles - puncture and force shock will have all new visual effects and not just new colors. Little leaves from force shock falling around, nice teal color. Puncture will have a molten lava look with molten lava coming out as you hit things. All sourced in-game through gameplay.

Improvements to item set sourcing and currencies - converting vault keys to a new currency and simplify access to vaults, new vault vendors will be replace treasure chests so you can get the set you want. Imperial City items are now curated. Imperial City sewers will be more organized and follow similar standards to other pvp vendors. Tel-var jewelry merchant will now be a rotating merchant with similar items to IA vendor including leads. Mundane runes, heartwood, and decorative wax drop rate increase.

New Houses

Updates to Main Quest and Tutorial

HDR for PC

2 New Companions - Tanlorin - non-binary DK and soul magic hybrid, have a unique relationship with magic, thief, brash and energetic. Their non-combat perk will provide benefits to lockpicking, increased duration time to pick a lock. Increased chance to force a lock as well. Reduced chance to lose a lockpick if fail to pick chest.

Zerith-var - Necromancer Khajiit. He is warrior khajiit from ancient order of Khajiiti priests that redeems fallen souls. Pulled out of time. Interesting relationship with Azura. Provides Keen-eye for heavy sacks thanks to his ghost cat guide. Different approach to Necromancy. Unique relationship to Vampirism.

These companions will require a separate purchase or ESO+
    Edited by spartaxoxo on September 10, 2024 11:35PM
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LadyGP wrote: »
    Tandor wrote: »

My thought as well. They KNEW people were expecting this to be cyro related and 1) to make it BGs only but 2) not have a prepared response or way to handle the feedback you should have expected you were going to receive was mind blowing to me.

They said weeks ago it wouldn't be a Cyrodiil thing.