Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Livestream for Update 44 happening now...

AzuraFan
AzuraFan
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
[will edit as the stream continues...]

Being hosted by Gina and Mrs. Nintetales, one of the stream team. Gina is ill with an infection and is on antibiotics - get better soon!

• AzuraFan
    AzuraFan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Coming to the PTS on September 16 (also Gina's birthday!).

Coming to live on October 28 for PC/Mac, November 13 for consoles.
  • AzuraFan
    AzuraFan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Brian Wheeler now presenting about PvP...

2-sided battlegrounds.
  • AzuraFan
    AzuraFan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    4v4 and 8v8

All base game, so free.

New maps.

• AzuraFan
    AzuraFan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    One new map is in a city on an island. Has houses, streets, etc.

7 new maps.

4 are focused on 8v8 activity.

8v8 maps include power-ups (example: sigil of speed)

• spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The new maps will be temporarily replacing the old ones! The new two teams format allowed them to be more creative with map designs. 4 of the 7 new maps will be 8v8 with power-ups. More relaxed vibe. The 4v4 maps won't have power-ups and be more competitive.
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was just about to do this myself, so I'll point out some stuff that stood out to me as well here instead. :) Hope that's alright!
  • AzuraFan
    AzuraFan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There will be 3 chaos balls, not just one.

When you pick up a chaos ball, you will morph into something else (example: werewolf behemoth) and you can't pick up another ball. Will have different abilities.

Another morph is vampire lord. Will have abilities from vampire skill lines.

Basically they wanted to make something change when you pick up a chaos ball.

• AzuraFan
    AzuraFan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    spartaxoxo wrote: »
    I was just about to do this myself, so I'll point out some stuff that stood out to me as well here instead. :) Hope that's alright!

Absolutely!
  • AzuraFan
    AzuraFan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    4v4 - you only get so many lives per round. Once you die that many times, you're out. There are 3 rounds / 5 mins each. All subject to change.
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Capture the relic is excluded for now :'(

They have done something about people afk'ing B) (edit: it's teleporting people into the map)
    Edited by spartaxoxo on September 10, 2024 6:58PM
  • AzuraFan
    AzuraFan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    4x4 - activating some power-ups will actually give the other team a bonus, so you have to be careful.

• AzuraFan
    AzuraFan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    New rewards - 3 sets only available from battlegrounds.

Only one leaderboard. You have to queue into the 4x4 for the leaderboard.

• spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When you lose a life, you can now use a spectator cam to see what your allies are doing.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

They have done something about people afk'ing B) (edit: it's teleporting people into the map)

well thats gonna be annoying excluding capture relic, its the one mode i actually need to do to finish the last dye awarding achievement lol
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014

i have my main house (grand topal hideaway) listed in the housing tours, it has multiple target dummies, scribing altar, and grandmaster stations (in progress being filled out), as well as almost every antiquity furnishing on display to preview them

feel free to stop by and use the facilities
  • AzuraFan
    AzuraFan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    4v4 is meant to be more competitive, 8v8 more "relaxed".

In one map there are slaughterfish in the water that can kill you!

4v4 maps are small. 8v8 maps are much larger.
  • Ocelot9x
    Ocelot9x
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Really boring, but i guess zos has completely given up on cyro
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

well thats gonna be annoying excluding capture relic, its the one mode i actually need to do to finish the last dye awarding achievement lol

My understanding is that Relic is excluded only on the 4x4 map, but the 8x8 map would have it.
    Maybe I misheard that though.

All in all, I think this hits a ton of the pain points a lot of us raised on 4x4x4 BGs.
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The old stuff will be making comebacks sometimes, it won't be pulled forever.
  • AzuraFan
    AzuraFan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ZOS has build in flexibility so that some maps might have 5 capture points, another might have 2, etc.

Will still be no-CP.

Only get access to 4v4 when you're level 50.
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Battlegrounds will have no-cp but can use proc sets. Levels 1-49 won't be able to queue into 4v4 but can do 8v8.
    Edited by spartaxoxo on September 10, 2024 7:03PM
  • AzuraFan
    AzuraFan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Also 4 new outfit styles and a new adornment for rewards. Leaderboard is primary way to acquire these. If you want to get them first, you have to do the 4v4. Can get them in 8v8 but will take longer.
  • AzuraFan
    AzuraFan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    For 4v4, are focusing more on MMR (better match-making). MMR will degrade if you're not as active, etc. They know they need to do better with MMR for 4v4.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The old stuff will be making comebacks sometimes, it won't be pulled forever.

yeah i figured, but removing it at all means thats less incentive to do the content because i cant progress the existing achievements

im sure they are going to add in some more achievements too, but still annoying not having access to all of them
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master

i have my main house (grand topal hideaway) listed in the housing tours, it has multiple target dummies, scribing altar, and grandmaster stations (in progress being filled out), as well as almost every antiquity furnishing on display to preview them

• spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Joining a match in progress/teams with quitters won't be getting as penalized on MMR in 4v4. No MMR for 8v8. MMR for 4v4 will decay much faster when not playing the game mode. Will do more resets of MMR so more people have chances to leaderboard.
  • AzuraFan
    AzuraFan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Will no longer be solo and grouped. Will just be 4v4 or 8v8 for queues.
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ESO+ will now gain experience and alliance points faster now.
  • AzuraFan
    AzuraFan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    For ESO+, will earn more AP and tel var.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Joining a match in progress/teams with quitters won't be getting as penalized on MMR in 4v4. No MMR for 8v8. MMR for 4v4 will decay much faster when not playing the game mode. Will do more resets of MMR so more people have chances to leaderboard.

that sounds amazing, the MMR is one of the biggest problems with the existing BGs
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master

• Jsmalls
    Jsmalls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AzuraFan wrote: »
    Will no longer be solo and grouped. Will just be 4v4 or 8v8 for queues.

Good for que times, bad for player experience...

This will quickly kill the content. A coordinated 4 player team will be unstoppable. Unless MMR does a really good job of sorting them out. Still... If you're a high MMR player that just wants to play solo you'll be stuffed into matches with coordinated 4 mans.... Not good.

Then this will be even worse for 8v8 imagine 8 players in a ball group versus 8 uncoordinated.... Not fun.
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They drop MMR... Not sure if this is good as noobs will be matched with pros in BGs.... :o