Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

This isn't TES! What's going on here?

• driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Fahstolph wrote: »
    Enteum wrote: »
    Viiqupaen wrote: »
    Laura wrote: »
    too funny
    I'm not trying to be funny. Sorry if I can't accept the game for how it is. I'm not the only one thinking these thoughts.
    This franchise has a large cult following defending this MMO's soft spots. Comments like this make it incredibly hard to get serious answers when I have honest comments and questions about the state of the game.

I could never accept an Elder Scrolls game for how it was. I unboxed Morrowind, and felt like "Ewww"...700 hours later you still couldn't get me off it.

I unboxed Oblivion, because Morrowind was amazing. "EWWWW all that saturated colour". 876 hours in, best thing ever since toasted bread. I unboxed Skyrim, "Ugh, too easy, not enough options in stats" Still playing to this day, don't ask how many hours.

What I am saying is...Humans, do not like change. But after a while we adapt. I definitely was not sure about ESO when I was in beta. It didn't "feel like elder scrolls". Oblivion didn't feel like Elder Scrolls after Morrowind. Neither did Skyrim after Oblivion. Although more gritty like Morrowind on a modern engine.

ESO sort of mixes up the gritty with the saturated between Morrowind and Oblivion.

Yes, 3 Beta and a pre-launch..This is...Elder Scrolls :smiley:

...and I like it!

This is probably the most spot on post I have seen yet. ;)

I'll bet there is not one person out there that can say they DID NOT feel this way about at least one of the games in this franchise. Human nature. Just like people and their TV shows. This season sucks!! Then 20 episodes later..I can't believe its over..whaaa!! Next season... rinse&repeat :D
    No. Well yes, but only for like the last 4 games only.
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • Stoob
    Stoob
    ✭✭
    I think what people don't understand is that they have only brought out the basic outline so far, and knowing the ESO team, They have MANY more things in mind to come, All lined up to bring entertainment to the "Elder Scrolls Fan".

All I have to suggest is that people wait and see what they give us next. As with every MMO, There will be some Adds/Patches that the players will dislike, But some players will enjoy it. Though there will be some that will make the players more cheerful about the whole outcome of the game.

So whether you're an MMO addict, or new to the world of MMO, Then let it be known, that I'm sure that the ESO team will do what they can to make your game experience more entertaining and the best they can make it.
    An Eye For An Eye, Leaves The Whole World Blind.
  • Luciana
    Luciana
    ✭✭
    So far, in Beta and now in Early Access since sunday, I have felt like, and still feel like, I am playing an Elder Scrolls game, in just about everything.

In any normal MMO, like say, Tera, I was 25/30 by the time I had played 6 days, now, as my 6th day starts, I'm still only level 13, because I am not concerning myself with leveling as much as I am enjoying the world, discovering the various solo dungeons, skyshard hunting, etc.

Yes, it misses things that for example Skyrim had, obviously, and I have to say I am a liiiiiitle bit disappointed with what footage I've seen of Skyrim villages in ESO so far compared to TESV, but those are, to me, little things, I realize I cannot expect Skyrim to look EXACTLY as it did in TESV, both graphic and layout wise.
    EU Megaserver
    [MAIN] Luciana - Imperial - Dragon Knight - Aldmeri Dominion
    [ALT] Arrenhe - Altmer - Sorcerer - Aldmeri Dominion
  • Metella
    Metella
    ✭✭
    I can't speak for Covenant,

I'm playing in that area and I think it's gorgeous! I've mostly been pottering around near Daggerfall and in Stros M'Kai (sp?) and Daggerfall especially is lovely, I guess (like with Skyrim's cities) it's probably a bit smaller than it ought to be per lore, but it feels like one of the lovely old Medieval towns in England/Northern Europe, but 'new' (rather than 800 years old and full of rubbish modern chain stores and people on iPhones *old lady grumble*) The water in the bay is rather lovely, as well. I don't have fancy graphics (my PC is barely above the minimum requirements, I think) but I've had hardly any lag or that sort of thing. I'm pretty excited about trying the other areas, especially Dominion, but haven't yet decided which race I'd want to play as there.

I'm mainly coming at this from being a massive fan of Skyrim, I've played some Oblivion and Morrowind but not a huge amount, mainly because I was still absorbed by Skyrim, I think - definitely want to play them both more at some point. From what I saw of the older two (I've also tried Arena but couldn't get it to work properly) I actually think this game does a decent job of feeling like it's grounded in the whole TES world rather than being particularly like any one game (if anything I think it reminds me most of Oblivion).

It *does* feel very strange being able to walk into a house/up to a market stall and help myself to stuff from the containers, though. I've also never played an MMO before and was a bit apprehensive but so far it's been really enjoyable (I'm hoping I've read right and most of the content can be done entirely PvE except the specific PvP stuff so I won't suddenly find myself being randomly murdered by other players...)

I'm also really excited for the Thieves' Guild and Dark Brotherhood being added in later :)
  • Luciana
    Luciana
    ✭✭
    Metella wrote: »
    (I'm hoping I've read right and most of the content can be done entirely PvE except the specific PvP stuff so I won't suddenly find myself being randomly murdered by other players...)

Pretty sure that will only happen in Cyrodiil, as ESO does not have what we know as ''OwPvP'' or, open world PvP, basically, ganking people while they are doing other things or farming low levels.
    Edited by Luciana on April 3, 2014 8:54PM
    EU Megaserver
  • loops73
    loops73
    ✭✭
    honestly,this game feels too much like WoW and not enough like the elder scrolls games.
  • Viiqupaen
    Viiqupaen
    loops73 wrote: »
    honestly,this game feels too much like WoW and not enough like the elder scrolls games.

That's why I made this thread. The fanbase insists this will change. I adhere to the hope that their insistence is true.
  • Luciana
    Luciana
    ✭✭
    Not everyone feels that way, I certainly don't.
    EU Megaserver
  • loops73
    loops73
    ✭✭

That's why I made this thread. The fanbase insists this will change. I adhere to the hope that their insistence is true.

exactly,but how long until we see these things? I would have thought stuff like thievery,murder,player houses would have just been a no brainer at launch. its what we expect from the elder scrolls games.
  • Viiqupaen
    Viiqupaen

exactly,but how long until we see these things? I would have thought stuff like thievery,murder,player houses would have just been a no brainer at launch. its what we expect from the elder scrolls games.

While I agree, it seems when I pursue this line of questioning I'm told that I'm 12 years old and to shove my complaints up my nirnroot.

I'd love to see how Zenimax is tossing around new ideas for updates. I want to know how they're thinking everything through and I want to feel like the fanbase is going to be a part of the development.

I noticed that Zenimax didn't put any player count and refund statistics into their recent infographic. I'm willing to bet that they spell disaster. I'm hoping we're let in on how Zenimax plans to shape the game so that more people don't abandon an MMO with such promise.
    Edited by Viiqupaen on April 3, 2014 9:11PM
  • RaZaddha
    RaZaddha
    ✭✭✭
    Laura wrote: »
    too funny
    I'm not trying to be funny. Sorry if I can't accept the game for how it is. I'm not the only one thinking these thoughts.
    This franchise has a large cult following defending this MMO's soft spots. Comments like this make it incredibly hard to get serious answers when I have honest comments and questions about the state of the game.

*Yawn* this thread again? I guess it was about time, it's been some time since I last saw it... Accept the game for what it is, accept the change, stop looking for Skyrim 2 or Skyrim Online, find what you like in this game and continue to play it, if you can't find anything then stop playing.

Now you post "I dont even know what I want anymore"... -_-... You are exposing yourself in the forums and it seems you can't handle it, people will deconstruct and show you the flaws of every argument you make, welcome to a forum.

Again, accept the game for what it is and find your fun inside it. I suggest that you research more about the upcoming changes that you are interested instead of waiting and "trusting the word of mouth".
  • Vodkaphile
    Vodkaphile
    ✭✭✭
    It's nothing unique at all. It would be unique if it followed how combat functioned in the other TES games, but it's not - same buttons can be pressed, but the combat is bland and no different than any other *** generic moneytank MMO out there.

You can only take "unique" so far when talking about a fantasy MMO. I think the soft targeting, no auto attack, active nature to combat makes it stand out among the other mainstream RPG's, or at least most of them. But to say it's no different is fabricating completely - you can play for 10 seconds and tell it's different.
  • Viiqupaen
    Viiqupaen
    RaZaddha wrote: »
    Accept the game for what it is, accept the change, stop looking for Skyrim 2 or Skyrim Online, find what you like in this game and continue to play it, if you can't find anything then stop playing.

No, I'm not going to quit. Sorry. Again, I'm not looking for Skyrim 2. I'm trying to look into the future of this game to see how it will be shaped.

RaZaddha wrote: »
    Now you post "I dont even know what I want anymore"... -_-... You are exposing yourself in the forums and it seems you can't handle it, people will deconstruct and show you the flaws of every argument you make, welcome to a forum.

Good, I invite that. I have trouble thinking clearly and deconstruction will show to me what matters and how I may be wrong. I know my ideas and thoughts are all over the place. I brought them to the forums so people with their heads on their shoulders can tell me what's what.
    Edited by Viiqupaen on April 3, 2014 9:20PM
  • idono87b16_ESO
    Of course you can't have the full immersion of the single player series because it's an MMO. There's no way they can put in those systems that would make it anywhere close to the ES single player series. (Note: MMO and SINGLE PLAYER. There's a reason why they are TWO DIFFERENT GENRES.)

This is an often posited theory, but its just lazy thinking. MMO and Single player are not genres as you say they are features. MMO just means a game that includes a very large number of players online, single player is a game for a single player, these features say nothing about the genre the game belongs to. People seem to be under the belief that the only way to build a massive online game is the WoW, EQ model. This is of course as ridiculous as saying the only way to build a single player game is the Doom/quake model.

The fact is they could of started with the core Elder scrolls games and come up with a way to make it work in an online environment. They could of preserved the open sandbox nature of the world, they could of upped the scale enough or come up with other ways to make the game feel less crowded, they could of had crime and punishment, a purely skill based advancement system, an activity based progression rather than a quest based progression. They could even have had the same combat more or less if they had decided that was more important than showing 100 people on screen at the same time. They didn't, instead they started with WoW or DAoC and worked out how to make it look a bit more elder scroll like.

The result is okay if you like MMORPGs in the WoW genre. But even then lets face it, its not great by any means.

You couldn't be further away from the truth. The reasoning you're using is nothing but subjective and flawed. From an objective and technical point of view it's impossible to make a game like the core Elder Scrolls games work in an MMO enviorment. There's tons of reasons to why, but the 2 biggest are technical limitations and that it's impossible to design an MMO around the original TES sandbox experience. The shear amount of processing power needed to simulate a game like Skyrim or Oblivion in an MMO environment is unfeasible as well as gameplay issues that don't scale well with more players.

Having tens of thousand of active objects placed in the world at the same time, shared between players. That would kill of any server. The original looting system for series wouldn't work either since there's to many active players to work with. It would simply be a fox hunt on who can figure out the spawn time for the loot.

TES type combat doesn't work either since it would be much to hard with the amount of people and NPCs in the game. Swinging a sword or casting a spell then calculating a hit or a miss is also to much since it involves realtime collision checking as well as limited physics calculations. There are ways around that, like client side hit detection and such. But that type of mechanic has it's own type of problems, mainly hacking. There aren't any large MMOs that i know of that uses serverside combat physics to heck for weapon hits and bullet hits.

And then i guess that you would want physics in the game. Not possible at such a grande scale. The amount of servers needed would be astronomical.

Have you spared any though about how much bandwith would be needed for TESO if all the original TES mechanics? Combining all the players, physics and such would need unreasonable bandwith. Todays MMOs use quite allot already and increasing that would limit some players from even enjoying the game.

There is definitely much more to cover, but i'll let you figure out the rest.

Simply put there's more to it. Since you can complain i will urge you to make your own game instead.
  • Sendarya
    Sendarya
    ✭✭✭
    How is this game "like WoW"? Granted, I haven't played WoW since the first expansion came out, but I've played a lot of the recent clones, so I still know the generic MMO feeling, and this isn't it.

Is my screen cluttered with 20 skills and 3 lines of hotbars by lvl 15? No

Is crafting almost totally useless until max level like in WoW? No

Is the world limited and unexplorable outside the "corridors"? NO! It is open and explorable, with hidden world bosses, crafting areas, treasure chests and harvestables everywhere you look.

Are you level 20+ after only 6 hours of gameplay? NO! I'm level 12 with a lvl 7 alt after 5 days of game play (playing every free moment I have), because I'm spending a huge amount of time exploring, looting stuff, crafting, etc.
    +
    Are quests boring kill x spiders? (mostly) NO. There are a few boring quests, but most of them have an excellent backstory, fantastic voice acting, hilarious or intriguing dialoge,

Is the world static and unchanging? NO
    Every quest you do alters the world you are in. And on occasion you DO get to make a choice. I chose to let an evil mage live, and random NPC's I pass are giving me grief about it now. Guess I should have killed him.

Are the graphics cartoonish with enormous, colorful, armor? NO. Geeze, the graphics are amazing, from armor models to landscape.

Anyway, you get the point. From combat to crafting to exploration to art and graphics, to dynamic gameplay to basic questing, this game is nothing like WoW.

Is PvP a little tiny bit like Daoc? Yes, I 'll grant you that, but only a bit.

Stop looking for things that aren't there, and start looking at the game for what it actually IS.

P.S. I played Oblivion, but no other Elder Scrolls titles. I am an MMO fan going back to vanilla EQ, I've seen a lot of boring clones. And I've seen gems. And you know what? Sometimes the best, most innovative MMO games end up F2P because people want to see WoW in everything, either it is too much like or not enough. Whaaa. Like Secret World, a great, creative, very different MMO, but does it appeal to huge sub numbers like WoW? No, because Wow was made for console gamers and very casual gamers, and it has completely and utterly destroyed (or at the very least drastically altered), the MMO market since.

If you have some legit complaints (and I admit, this game has it's share!), please make those. I'm tired of hearing how much this is like WoW from people who clearly haven't got a clue.

Owner of the Traveling Tavern, serving superior and consummate foods and drinks for all your leveling needs! :p
    The Traveling Tavern is now closed, until veteran loot tables and rare food mats are fixed. I am very sorry to all my loyal customers!
  • Nimerian
    Nimerian
    ✭✭✭
    There is no crime, but there is also no save/load function on this game, dont be so "smart" about it... if they put penalties like loosing gear/gametime when you commit crimes the game will have a major problem. You are not supposed to steal things from cabinets and u get penalised if u do? How will u farm racial motifs? this is an mmo, u can just slaughter the whole town then load back to avoid "jail"
  • SadisticSavior
    SadisticSavior
    ✭✭✭
    This feels nothing like WoW to me. Wow was all on rails...this game is wide open. WoW had strict character classes...this game is mostly skill based and flexible. WoW had the awful cartoony graphics I despise...this game has gorgeous realistic graphics.

I don't see many parallels with WoW at all even at this stage.

• Shaun98ca2
    Shaun98ca2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Exploring in this game is a blessing. There is SO much to see. When Im out gathering I constantly run into things. I save traveling merchants I saved a mage from a daedra attack. If fended off a dark portal. I followed around a dog chasing a cat for 5 minutes.

Morality system well I never let anybody die a senseless death. I felt horrible for turning in 2 khajiits for having skooma that I was trying to help and keep out of trouble as the khajiit asking for help was simply trying to help is sister and keep her out of trouble.

Crime system well, Im the eyes of the queen, Im no criminal. If I was I probably wouldn't be the eyes of the queen anymore.

TESO is a great game and people need to play it for what it is and stop comparing and trying to change it. There isn't a single MMO out that even compares to TESO.
  • Kelara
    Kelara
    Soul Shriven
    I still miss Morrowind :-)

I was pleasantly surprised that I have had to make moral choices on several occasions already. One of which has had a measurable impact on how certain characters have related to me, and I think on what happened next too.
  • Sarenia
    Sarenia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There needs to just be a consolidated thread for people who make all these threads to post in. It would save the forum from getting cluttered with iterations of the exact same statements.

Alas, most of the people making these threads played for about 25 minutes before posting.
    [beta_group_85b_9]
  • UnknownXV
    UnknownXV
    ✭✭✭
    I'm confused. To me, it doesn't sound like you're playing the same game I am. There's no life to the game? Are you kidding me? Sure, in comparison to a single player game some compromises had to be taken, but as far as MMORPGs go, there is no equal. Named NPCs everywhere, with bits of little dialogue. Flavor text in every house with so much to explore and find.

Also, did you really say the world looks bland? I can't recall any MMO having the fidelity rivaling this game. Truly. Perhaps Tera, but the aesthetic style wasn't my cup of tea. Maxed out, this game is gorgeous. Everything is voice acted. Dynamic weather, god rays, it feels like the game is exploding out at me. I simply love it.

It isn't perfect, what game will ever be? But it's really, really good.
  • LoneWalker
    LoneWalker
    ✭✭

This certainly doesn't feel like wow, I'd never be so hooked up on this if it did. I have never been able to play a single full month of that, one week till i got bored when i used to play it.

It's very complicated to talk about the "feeling" of things... we all feel and think so differently.

• SpireofSouls
    SpireofSouls
    ✭✭
    Well i am disappointed with ESO too, its lack of realism. It doesnt have weight system, unusal skills, cant go underwater, cant commit crimes and many other features are lefted out. I seen players looting npc stuffs in friendly zones, wtf is this??? Serisouly they need to do better than that if they want to keep the players around paying that high monthly fees. I wont sub, but i will come back in six months and see if they did any improvements.
  • circilion
    circilion
    ✭✭✭
    I agree, and you can't cut and paste a game as complex as sky rim into an MMO. there would be exploits coming out of the Dev's arseholes.

I think they did a solid job of taking as much of the flavour of the TES games as is possible and combining it with relatively balanced MMO PvP.

As for Crime/houses/other TES classic stuff. Hang on to your panties and breath. I am sure Bethsada hasn't forgotten its hallmark content either, we are probably looking at a year of updates and patches.
    >:)
  • Marthanna
    Marthanna
    Yeah, they've already said they are adding a crime/law system soon. It will come with the Thieves guild patch.

I agree with OP on this. You just made my day! :smiley:

• Kyotee0071
    Kyotee0071
    ✭✭✭
    Wow man, you must be new to MMO's. As a veteran MMORPG player of 15 years straight - let me be the first to "educate" you and tell you that the combat in this game is amazing.

Traditional MMO's have had the "Tab target/macro target" - Hit ability - watch your character do the animation while the global cooldown finishes - Rinse/Repeat.

Traditional MMO's have your character automatically handle dodges, and blocking based off of your stats.

Traditonal MMO's Do not offer a choice of controlling the power of your attacks by holding down your mouse button. Or offer your the choice of using your right mouse button to block an attack. (See above)

I could go on...but hopefully you are starting to get the point.

Also, this game has an amazing resource management system..learn to use it...Don't block light attacks as they consume as much stamina as heavy attacks. Dodge roll or move out of the big scary red circles.

Traditional MMO's have a trinity system - Tank - DPS - Healer and pretty much based on what class you pick leads you towards one of those styles. Sure they offer dual talent specs and talent builds, but your still pigeon holed into what you will be doing. ESO = any class can play any role you want. So refreshing.

This game's combat is amazing and action oriented, which also takes some practice, thinking, and a decent build. Say goodbye to tab targeting the closest enemy and hitting your comfortable rotation of 1,2,3 and looting the corpse. ES0 demands you develop some skill to play. ( Numerous threads about the games difficulty already being too hard). In actuality, once you get a feel for the game's combat, it becomes refreshing and very fun.

Open your eyes bro. This isn't Skyrim. This is The Elder Scrolls online. A game built around the lore and universe of The Elder Scrolls. And I for one think this game's combat is heads and shoulders above any MMO I've played in 15 years, as well as way smoother than Skyrim.

So after covering the "whack combat" you proclaimed like any other MMO out there. Let's move on.

This game was just released man. I mean like officially today. Your comments about this not being some amazing TES world that blows your mind once again leads me to believe that you must be a New MMO player.

*protip* MMORPG's evolve with time. Game developers add small things like a bench here, some trees there, a fountain here with patches that a lot of folks may not even notice. But I promise you it happens. The world evolves as time passes.

Then they add content. More quest. More races. More classes. More dungeons. More Armors. More Mounts. Full expansions with entire new islands to adventure on. Hence all this expands the possibility of building up to the amazing lore full world you expected.

Just don't expect it at launch.

Besides some unexpected downtime since early launch here and there this has been a very smooth MMORPG launch. Yes there are bugs. Guess what there will always be bugs. Developers work hard to fix one bug, which makes more bugs to fix after fixing that one. It's an ongoing battle.

One more thing. My opinions are just that - Opinions. But one thing is for sure -

I'm not a TES fanboy. You obviously know way more about the lore in TES than I. As a matter a fact I have always been a MMORPG player, and very rarely play single player games.

I have not even beaten Morrowind, Oblivion, or Skyrim. I just love a good MMORPG, and this one seems to have a very solid foundation for a start.

Edited by Kyotee0071 on April 4, 2014 3:59PM
    I didn't think my hangover was that bad this morning until I spent 10 minutes trying to log into my old Etch-A-Sketch

• Azzuria
    Azzuria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's the same world and the same controls, yeah. It's still just a shell of a game. It's impossible to walk around the world without thinking how empty it is. There are NPCs and characters but nothing to really attract people to exploring the little corners of the world. I just miss that. I guess I didn't expect that TES would be warped in such a disappointing way.

Uh... I gotta disagree with you on that. Once you get past the first major city and out into the 'wilds' there is plenty to explore. Chests to find, side quests to get, crafting mats to harvest and set crafting stations. There hasn't been a place on the map that can be seen but not explored and it's been fun just snooping around everywhere. I spent more time just running around along the beach, coming across random events and quests that following the 'main story' of whatever town I happen to be near at the time. I've found some of the side quest lines to be engaging and fun. Sure, I've had to collect X number of Bear Asses, but that's just the nature of the genre.
    Brunhilda Icehammer - Nord Dragonknight, 'Smith & Enchantress 'What is 'ranged? I need to hit something!!'
    Laehl Direthorn - Bosmer Nightblade, Purveyor of fine Clothes, Bows and Staves
    Reeza gra-Zuni - Orc Templar 'War Shaman' and Apothecary
    Noemi Snowpaw - Kajiit Dragon Knight - I laugh... or I'd have to kill you.
    Kitera Dreamon - Breton of The Dominion: Because those Daggers don't appreciate a great Mage.
    Lysara Shadowcroft - Dunmer Bloodmage: This will only hurt a lot.
  • Azzuria
    Azzuria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kyotee0071 wrote: »
    Wow man, you must be new to MMO's. As a veteran MMORPG player of 15 years straight - let me be the first to "educate" you and tell you that the combat in this game is amazing.

Traditional MMO's have had the "Tab target/macro target" - Hit ability - watch your character do the animation while the global cooldown finishes - Rinse/Repeat.

Traditional MMO's have your character automatically handle dodges, and blocking based off of your stats.

Traditonal MMO's Do not offer a choice of controlling the power of your attacks by holding down your mouse button. Or offer your the choice of using your right mouse button to block an attack. (See above)

I could go on...but hopefully you are starting to get the point.

Also, this game has an amazing resource management system..learn to use it...Don't block light attacks as they consume as much stamina as heavy attacks. Dodge roll or move out of the big scary red circles.

Traditional MMO's have a trinity system - Tank - DPS - Healer and pretty much based on what class you pick leads you towards one of those styles. Sure they offer dual talent specs and talent builds, but your still pigeon holed into what you will be doing. ESO = any class can play any role you want. So refreshing.

This game's combat is amazing and action oriented, which also takes some practice, thinking, and a decent build. Say goodbye to tab targeting the closest enemy and hitting your comfortable rotation of 1,2,3 and looting the corpse. ES0 demands you develop some skill to play. ( Numerous threads about the games difficulty already being too hard). In actuality, once you get a feel for the game's combat, it becomes refreshing and very fun.

Open your eyes bro. This isn't Skyrim. This is The Elder Scrolls online. A game built around the lore and universe of The Elder Scrolls. And I for one think this game's combat is heads and shoulders above any MMO I've played in 15 years, as well as way smoother than Skyrim.

So after covering the "whack combat" you proclaimed like any other MMO out there. Let's move on.

This game was just released man. I mean like officially today. Your comments about this not being some amazing TES world that blows your mind once again leads me to believe that you must be a New MMO player.

*protip* MMORPG's evolve with time. Game developers add small things like a bench here, some trees there, a fountain here with patches that a lot of folks may not even notice. But I promise you it happens. The world evolves as time passes.

Then they add content. More quest. More races. More classes. More dungeons. More Armors. More Mounts. Full expansions with entire new islands to adventure on. Hence all this expands the possibility of building up to the amazing lore full world you expected.

Just don't expect it at launch.

Besides some unexpected downtime since early launch here and there this has been a very smooth MMORPG launch. Yes there are bugs. Guess what there will always be bugs. Developers work hard to fix one bug, which makes more bugs to fix after fixing that one. It's an ongoing battle.

One more thing. My opinions are just that - Opinions. But one thing is for sure -

I'm not a TES fanboy. You obviously know way more about the lore in TES than I. As a matter a fact I have always been a MMORPG player, and very rarely play single player games.

I have not even beaten Morrowind, Oblivion, or Skyrim. I just love a good MMORPG, and this one seems to have a very solid foundation for a start.

^ This.
    Brunhilda Icehammer - Nord Dragonknight, 'Smith & Enchantress 'What is 'ranged? I need to hit something!!'
    Laehl Direthorn - Bosmer Nightblade, Purveyor of fine Clothes, Bows and Staves
    Reeza gra-Zuni - Orc Templar 'War Shaman' and Apothecary
    Noemi Snowpaw - Kajiit Dragon Knight - I laugh... or I'd have to kill you.
    Kitera Dreamon - Breton of The Dominion: Because those Daggers don't appreciate a great Mage.
    Lysara Shadowcroft - Dunmer Bloodmage: This will only hurt a lot.
  • KingRebz
    KingRebz
    ✭✭✭
    When I bought this game I was so looking forward to something that remotely matched the descriptions of it that the creators visualized in all of the hype-up videos.
    First, this combat system is whack. It's nothing unique at all. It would be unique if it followed how combat functioned in the other TES games, but it's not - same buttons can be pressed, but the combat is bland and no different than any other *** generic moneytank MMO out there.

There's no crime. When a fan thinks of The Elder Scrolls, they recall in their minds all the choices they've made throughout their games that essentially make their characters interesting. There needs to be law and crime to really make this a good TES game. There is no morality or heroic / dastardly flavor to the game without a law force that players can either ignore and face the consequences or adhere to. Honestly, I felt like such a boss when I could slip poisons in the pockets of random NPCs. Why can't we have these basic TES character functions? I don't know about you, but I miss my hand-to-hand skill. I miss what sneaking once was. All of these little things are what gave the TES universe flavor. Now all we have is PvE mob grinding, questing, and PvP.

I thought this was going to be something different. I thought TES:O would be the game that broke the records by bringing the Nirn to life with the lore of the TES cultures all to be explored by the player and their friends. But that's not what we got as all. This isn't anything like the TES series. This game is essentially any other MMO out there, but using TES skins and sprites and characters. The world is broken and looks bleak and terrible. The items and little things one could pick up or examine in houses and inns and around the universe in all previous TES games have been shoddily replaced with the occasional vase or glass bottle that can't even be picked up. There's no life in this game. It's a dry quest-to-quest experience that I have seen for the many years I've been gaming. This is nothing new, and I'm very let down.

So what I want to know is if anything is changing on this front. Are there changes planned to make this game more like the TES universe we miss? I don't want to see TES:O turn into a clone of pretty much every other MMO out there, and I'm sure I'm not alone!

You spoke the truth. Thank you atleast im not the only one..
    V14 Sorceror [Ebonheart]
  • Laura
    Laura
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kneon wrote: »
    Anyways, if what you really want is to be able to pick up more "cup" "plate" etc. than I'm sure that would be feasible. However, lacking that mechanic alone does not warrant your thread/tone "OMG THIS ISN'T TES". So you can't really say that's all you wanted now can you?

I don't even know what I want dude. I'm not writing a college essay here, I've had enough of that ***. I just put my antennae out. Like an ant dude, I put my feelers out. Now I see what stuff tastes like.

Like an ant dude.

alright I don't agree with this guy at all but this... this was funny. I should go to bed.