Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

This isn't TES! What's going on here?

• BlackSparrow
    BlackSparrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ravinsild wrote: »
    Inversus wrote: »
    The world is broken and looks bleak and terrible.
    Err, it looks quite nice if you turn your graphics up a little.

Man, I can't tell you how beautiful the Aldmeri Dominion lands are. The jungles, forests and trees, green and lush and vibrant and wonderful. Wildlife sounds in the distance for realistic ambience (Weird bird sounds and wallops of monkey etc)

I can't get enough of it. That's why I joined AD, I was worried the other areas of the game were ugly. Perhaps this has been confirmed by that statement.
    I can't speak for Covenant, but the area in Morrowind around the Pact starter city is *fantastic*. Barren, ashy wastlands crawling with netch and saurian monsters and cliff racers (by Azura, the Morrowind flashbacks!) ... all around *active volcanos*. The lava flow areas are just awesome to sit and watch... beautiful yet powerful. It's almost hypnotic. @_@

Living vicariously through my characters.

My Girls:
    "If you were trapped in your house for, say, a year, how would you pass the time?"

Nephikah the Houseless, dunmer assassin: "I suppose I could use the break. I have a lot of business holdings now that need management."
    Swum-Many-Waters, elderly argonian healer: "I think that I would enjoy writing a memoir."
    Silh'ki, khajiit warrior-chef: "Would this one be able to go outside, to the nearby river? It's hard to fish without water!"
    Peregrine Huntress, bosmer hunter: "Who is forcing me to stay inside, and where can I find them?"
    Lorenyawe, altmer mechanist: "And why would I want to go outside in the first place? Too much to be done in the workshop."
    Lorelai Magpie, breton master thief: "I'd go nuts. Lucky for me, I have a little experience sneaking out!"
    Rasheda the Burning Heart, redguard knight: "I would continue my training to keep my skills sharp."
    Hex-Eye Azabi, khajiit daedric priestess: "I suppose it would be lucky, then, that I built a shrine to Mephala in my backyard."
    Yngva Stormhammer, nord bandit (reformed...ish): "I hate being inside even when I'm not forced to be. GET. ME. OUT."
    Madam Argentia, vampire dunmer aristocrat: "I suppose it would be more of the same. I have a rather... contentious relationship with the sun."
    Mazie gra-Bolga, orc scout: "Uh... I'd have to house train my bear..."
    Felicia the Wanderer, imperial witch-for-hire: "What Lorelai said."
    Calico Jaka-dra, retired khajiit pirate: "This one would like a rest from her grand adventures. Her jewel shop runs out of stock!"
    Shimmerbeam, blind altmer psijic: "Provided that I am confined to Artaeum, I do not think I will want for things to occupy my time."
    Shauna Blackfire, redguard necromancer: "Sounds like paradise. I hate people."
    Kirniel the Undying, cursed bosmer warrior: "I would feel useless, not being able to fight."
    Echoes-from-Dragons, argonian who thinks she's a dragon: "All the better to count my hoard!"

(Signature idea shamelessly stolen from Abeille.)
  • daveraab16_ESO
    Laura wrote: »
    there are certain things that need to be done to accommodate a large quantity of people.

This is not an excuse for taking a standard MMO model off the shelf and tweaking it a bit. ESO is a classic case of forcing a IP into a predetermined gameplay model. Its not the best that could of been done by a county mile and its sad that they didn't have the same vision as Bethesda did back when they made Arena which was revolutionary, when the standard model was highly scripted RPG type games they dared to be different and created a game that spawned a genre of its own. What ever ESO may be it certainly isn't that and considering the money they had backing it and the talent and heritage it had its a crying shame and a great wasted opportunity.

• Haxer
    Haxer
    ✭✭✭
    Wow. Allow me to disagree with you sir.

This is very much an ES game. It is however ESOnline, and I don't think you've really thought that through. Why can't we murder NPCs, steal from vendors, move every object in the game? Because the things that work in a single player game don't all work in an MMO.

Can you imagine the chaos of millions of players moving, throwing, objects around in the game, the trolling that would ensue? Can you imagine going to town and every NPC in market being dead 24/7 because a guild of high level players thinks it's funny? Can you imagine the imbalance created by millions of players stealing from shop vendors, or heck...why not each other? How about every single player being able to buy their own house, or better yet 5. The entire world map would be player houses.

There are things that were amazing in TES that only work because it was single player. What you are asking for, is game breaking. What we have, is an amazing ES experience, fulfilled in that it allows us to play ES with other players. It's a fantastic game, an amazing achievement, and the things you want just simply cannot work.
    www.dragontears.boards.net
  • Ravinsild
    Ravinsild
    ✭✭✭✭
    . Barren, ashy wastlands crawling with netch and saurian monsters and cliff racers (by Azura, the Morrowind flashbacks!) ... all around *active volcanos*.
    [/quote]

Lol this sounds really awful, in my opinion, but that's why I chose jungles and trees and not barren, ashy wastelands :P Yay art...glad this game is big enough to appeal to many people.

Ironically I haven't been back to Cyrodiil because I find that landscape rather boring....just endless fields of flowers >_>

• SadisticSavior
    SadisticSavior
    ✭✭✭
    Inversus wrote: »
    The world is broken and looks bleak and terrible.
    Err, it looks quite nice if you turn your graphics up a little.
    LOL, his graphics are too low. I am at work or I would post my own screenshots..mine actually look better than this and I am only running on high (not ultra) settings.

http://media.pcgamer.com/files/2013/05/The-Elder-Scrolls-Online-Khajiit-at-sunset.jpg
    http://metrouk2.files.wordpress.com/2014/03/imperial_in_glenumbra_1391767098.jpg
    http://mediasnobs.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/Tower_inGrahtwood.png
    http://g3ar.co.za/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/Screenshot-2014-02-09-15.09.47.png

I am amazed at the detail of this game.
    Edited by SadisticSavior on April 3, 2014 5:49PM
  • Korah_Eaglecry
    Korah_Eaglecry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    there are certain things that need to be done to accommodate a large quantity of people.

This is not an excuse for taking a standard MMO model off the shelf and tweaking it a bit. ESO is a classic case of forcing a IP into a predetermined gameplay model. Its not the best that could of been done by a county mile and its sad that they didn't have the same vision as Bethesda did back when they made Arena which was revolutionary, when the standard model was highly scripted RPG type games they dared to be different and created a game that spawned a genre of its own. What ever ESO may be it certainly isn't that and considering the money they had backing it and the talent and heritage it had its a crying shame and a great wasted opportunity.

Sandbox MMOs never took off. The most commonly known Sandbox MMO SWG didnt last very long and the only people still singing its praises are those who cant move on.
    Penniless Sellsword Company
    Captain Paramount - Jorrhaq Vhent
    Korith Eaglecry * Enrerion Aedihle * Laerinel Rhaev * Caius Berilius * Seylina Ithvala * H'Vak the Grimjawl
    Tenarei Rhaev * Dazsh Ro Khar * Yynril Rothvani * Bathes-In-Coin * Anaelle Faerniil * Azjani Ma'Les
    Aban Shahid Bakr * Kheshna gra-Gharbuk * Gallisten Bondurant * Etain Maquier * Atsu Kalame * Faulpia Severinus
    What is better, to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? - Paarthurnax
  • Oathien
    Oathien
    ✭✭
    Kneon wrote: »

This is very much an ES game. It is however ESOnline, and I don't think you've really thought that through. Why can't we murder NPCs, steal from vendors, move every object in the game? Because the things that work in a single player game don't all work in an MMO.

Can you imagine the chaos of millions of players moving, throwing, objects around in the game, the trolling that would ensue? Can you imagine going to town and every NPC in market being dead 24/7 because a guild of high level players thinks it's funny? Can you imagine the imbalance created by millions of players stealing from shop vendors, or heck...why not each other? How about every single player being able to buy their own house, or better yet 5. The entire world map would be player houses.

There are things that were amazing in TES that only work because it was single player. What you are asking for, is game breaking. What we have, is an amazing ES experience, fulfilled in that it allows us to play ES with other players. It's a fantastic game, an amazing achievement, and the things you want just simply cannot work.

^^^^^This!!!!
  • Viiqupaen
    Viiqupaen

But that's not what I'm asking for and that's not what I pictured when I thought of TES Online. There are other ways to add in TES sandbox features without upsetting the balance of the entire server. I'm not asking for a map riddled with player houses. I'm asking for physics, respawning priceless flavor items such as vases, plates, apples, Idgaf, I just want things to interact with aside from talking to NPCs. Stupid sh*t is what makes the universe become alive.
    Edited by Viiqupaen on April 3, 2014 6:14PM
  • Ravinsild
    Ravinsild
    ✭✭✭✭
    Viiqupaen wrote: »

But that's not what I'm asking for and that's not what I pictured when I thought of TES Online. There are other ways to add in TES sandbox features without upsetting the balance of the entire server. I'm not asking for a map riddled with player houses. I'm asking for physics, respawning priceless flavor items such as vases, plates, apples, Idgaf, I just want things to interact with aside from talking to NPCs. Stupid sh*t is what makes the universe become alive.

Perhaps it would be wise to articulate yourself better to get your point across more clearly then.

It appears people are having a misunderstanding of, exactly, what you wanted this game to be.

Perhaps be very concise and detailed, illustrating and drawing parallels between features exactly as they are in other TES titles and this TES title.

Edit: Using generic buzzword terms like "WoW clone" and "Sandbox" are meaningless. It is a deception that "everyone knows that these things mean" because they carry any amount of vague meanings to any amount of people.

What, really, is a sandbox? It's a freaking SQUARE on the ground that are the borders and within the borders is a bunch of SAND. What, really, can you DO with dry sand? Move it around? You can't really MAKE anything with it. There are no "endless possibilites". The term sandbox makes no sense, other than uncomfortable shorts and worthless dirt that can be barely manipulated into anything useful.

What, exactly, is a "WoW Clone" or "Standard MMO structure taken off the shelf"? Because honestly this game feels literally nothing like World of Warcraft, which is a game I had been playing for 7 years.
    Edited by Ravinsild on April 3, 2014 6:20PM
  • jircris11
    jircris11
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When I bought this game I was so looking forward to something that remotely matched the descriptions of it that the creators visualized in all of the hype-up videos.
    First, this combat system is whack. It's nothing unique at all. It would be unique if it followed how combat functioned in the other TES games, but it's not - same buttons can be pressed, but the combat is bland and no different than any other *** generic moneytank MMO out there.

There's no crime. When a fan thinks of The Elder Scrolls, they recall in their minds all the choices they've made throughout their games that essentially make their characters interesting. There needs to be law and crime to really make this a good TES game. There is no morality or heroic / dastardly flavor to the game without a law force that players can either ignore and face the consequences or adhere to. Honestly, I felt like such a boss when I could slip poisons in the pockets of random NPCs. Why can't we have these basic TES character functions? I don't know about you, but I miss my hand-to-hand skill. I miss what sneaking once was. All of these little things are what gave the TES universe flavor. Now all we have is PvE mob grinding, questing, and PvP.

I thought this was going to be something different. I thought TES:O would be the game that broke the records by bringing the Nirn to life with the lore of the TES cultures all to be explored by the player and their friends. But that's not what we got as all. This isn't anything like the TES series. This game is essentially any other MMO out there, but using TES skins and sprites and characters. The world is broken and looks bleak and terrible. The items and little things one could pick up or examine in houses and inns and around the universe in all previous TES games have been shoddily replaced with the occasional vase or glass bottle that can't even be picked up. There's no life in this game. It's a dry quest-to-quest experience that I have seen for the many years I've been gaming. This is nothing new, and I'm very let down.

So what I want to know is if anything is changing on this front. Are there changes planned to make this game more like the TES universe we miss? I don't want to see TES:O turn into a clone of pretty much every other MMO out there, and I'm sure I'm not alone!
    Ok so first off your one of the many people who think ESO=skyrim online...ITS NOT, the game has not even launched yet i know for a fact they had to pull a bunch of things from the game until they could fix them up and get them to work right, from stealing to jewelry. So sit back and enjoy what we do have. I honestly am growing tired of self entitled little jerks who think the game should be like the single player game. If it was there would be naked/dead NPCs everywhere and explotes to take advantage of all over the place. not to mention an interesting space program that involves poking a giant.
    IGN: Ki'rah
    Khajiit/Vampire
    DC/AD faction/NA server.
    RPer
  • Viiqupaen
    Viiqupaen
    jircris11 wrote: »
    Ok so first off your one of the many people who think ESO=skyrim online...ITS NOT, the game has not even launched yet i know for a fact they had to pull a bunch of things from the game until they could fix them up and get them to work right, from stealing to jewelry.
    I know dude. I never said that is should be Skyrim online.
    So sit back and enjoy what we do have.
    Okay, I'm going to sit back now. Thanks, that's some great advice.
    I honestly am growing tired of self entitled little jerks who think the game should be like the single player game.
    Self-entitled. Hey man, I was only sucking up what the developers preached in their videos. I believed them. That's my only problem.

---
    Ravinsild wrote: »
    Perhaps it would be wise to articulate yourself better to get your point across more clearly then.

It appears people are having a misunderstanding of, exactly, what you wanted this game to be.

Perhaps be very concise and detailed, illustrating and drawing parallels between features exactly as they are in other TES titles and this TES title.

You're right, that's what I get for creating a forum topic under the influence. But I did illustrate my main point. Something is off here, and many agree. I just want that to be heard by Zenimax as they further develop the game. That's really what I care about.

Edited by Viiqupaen on April 3, 2014 6:27PM
  • Haxer
    Haxer
    ✭✭✭

I would suggest you may have been too hasty with your OP then sir. Because that is exactly what you said you wanted in your OP.

No, we cannot have the physics and object moving of the single player games, because people would move all the items of an area to another, or build a huge tower of barrels or 100 other ways it could be exploited. The same goes for stealing. Great in a single player game, an exploitable nightmare for devs in an MMO.

Anyways, if what you really want is to be able to pick up more "cup" "plate" etc. than I'm sure that would be feasible. However, lacking that mechanic alone does not warrant your thread/tone "OMG THIS ISN'T TES". So you can't really say that's all you wanted now can you?

• Viiqupaen
    Viiqupaen
    Anyways, if what you really want is to be able to pick up more "cup" "plate" etc. than I'm sure that would be feasible. However, lacking that mechanic alone does not warrant your thread/tone "OMG THIS ISN'T TES". So you can't really say that's all you wanted now can you?

I don't even know what I want dude. I'm not writing a college essay here, I've had enough of that ***. I just put my antennae out. Like an ant dude, I put my feelers out. Now I see what stuff tastes like.

Like an ant dude.
    Edited by Viiqupaen on April 3, 2014 6:35PM
  • Haxer
    Haxer
    ✭✭✭

I don't even know what I want dude. I'm not writing a college essay here, I've had enough of that ***. I just put my antennae out. Like an ant dude, I put my feelers out. Now I see what stuff tastes like.

Like an ant dude.

*sigh*...I declare this thread over.
  • Viiqupaen
    Viiqupaen

Like an ant dude.

*sigh*...I declare this thread over.

Yep. I've been done with this thread since someone told me that Zenimax was working on the crime system.

• coryevans_3b14_ESO
    coryevans_3b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pretext wrote: »
    Elder Scrolls went to war with the Daedra of Online Game Design. It lost.

But we still have a really great game, just not Skyrim online.

I really can't wait until the first month of subs start and folks like this rage quit cuz it isn't EXACTLY like a single player game. The whining is getting unreal.

• Enteum
    Enteum
    ✭✭✭
    too funny
    I'm not trying to be funny. Sorry if I can't accept the game for how it is. I'm not the only one thinking these thoughts.
    This franchise has a large cult following defending this MMO's soft spots. Comments like this make it incredibly hard to get serious answers when I have honest comments and questions about the state of the game.

I could never accept an Elder Scrolls game for how it was. I unboxed Morrowind, and felt like "Ewww"...700 hours later you still couldn't get me off it.

I unboxed Oblivion, because Morrowind was amazing. "EWWWW all that saturated colour". 876 hours in, best thing ever since toasted bread. I unboxed Skyrim, "Ugh, too easy, not enough options in stats" Still playing to this day, don't ask how many hours.

What I am saying is...Humans, do not like change. But after a while we adapt. I definitely was not sure about ESO when I was in beta. It didn't "feel like elder scrolls". Oblivion didn't feel like Elder Scrolls after Morrowind. Neither did Skyrim after Oblivion. Although more gritty like Morrowind on a modern engine.

ESO sort of mixes up the gritty with the saturated between Morrowind and Oblivion.

Yes, 3 Beta and a pre-launch..This is...Elder Scrolls :smiley:

...and I like it!
    Edited by Enteum on April 3, 2014 6:46PM
    Asira Avalis - Mage
  • zachiepoo77nub18_ESO
    zachiepoo77nub18_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    This thread is beyond pointless. Complaining about combat? Do you remember swinging at... well anything for like 20 minutes until you got the dice roll that hit the thing?? screw going back to that. I Love MMOs. I LOVE TES. This is a beautiful job of bringing them together and your sub is only going to fund them doing even wilder stuff with it. Calm on down and play the game instead of sitting in forums.
    -Griznack the Mad
  • Celuwen
    Celuwen
    ✭✭✭
    @Enteum says what I feel. TES franchise is like a phoenix, with each game it becomes something different. Sometimes I love it, sometimes I only merely like it. It's always a lot of fun though.
  • Judge_Mental_One
    I have not played skyrim, some things in that game were aparrently different so I am not really including it in my thought process.

TESO still has the main thing that to me has always actually made an ES game an ES game. The use to improve skill system. Yes they mixed it with a more standard Xp system and put unique class skill lines in instead of it being pure skill base, no classes but I am pretty sure they did this for 3 important reasons.

The first reason is that the current system keeps the same principles but is much more familiar feeling to MMO fans, and like all MMOs that use an IP you can't rely on fans of the IP alone. You need to have broad appeal. I feel its a good compromise between the 2.

The second reason is because if people take the rose coloured glasses off for a bit they might remember that while the games were great, lvling properly (making your char as powerful as he could be) took a lot of boring grind. Doing things like entering a house and jumping off the 2nd story balcony 1000 times to get your acrobatics up for example. All so when you lvl you will get the max bonus on what stats you want to improve.

And last but not least in a classic ES classless skill based game everyone eventually ends up the same. MMOs need there to be ways and means to make my char look, feel, and play differently to your char, or they get boring as hell really quickly. If everyone can have and max every skill then they will, and suddenly there's no diversity.

Combat is "whak"? I don't understand what you want from a combat system. I mean they made it so you don't have to manually target anything you just point your cursor at it and do what you want. I have only ever targeted a few mobs in 2 beta weekends and the whole of the EA period.

As for first person mode just gimping you, yes yes it does and there is no way to make it not so. In all the ES games, the fact that they were fist person gimped you. Thing is they didn't have a very good 3rd person view so it was pretty much the only way to play them. If there had been I would have used it.

ES combat in this day and age is too boring to have in a mainstream MMO. Morrowind had no skills to use during combat, just thrust, overhead/left/right swing and power attack. Neither did Oblivion, hell Oblivion pretty much took out the directional attacks pretty sure. The addition of actual hotkey skills to use was a good thing imho.

As for the crime thing I am not really sure how they are going to get away with putting it in game. I mean if you can actually steal valuable stuff like in other ES games, inflation will go through the roof because everyone will have boatloads cash. Still, we'll have to see how it goes since its all heresay and conjecture at this point.

Is ESO gods gift to MMOs and the greatest most wonderful thing ever? No it certainly is not. Is it a good MMO that does a decent job of capturing the spirit of ES games? I think so.
  • jawhaleyb14_ESO
    jawhaleyb14_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Game has mudcrabs.

I don't think you can really BE more Elder Scrolls than that....
  • Rastafariel
    Rastafariel
    ✭✭✭
    How would the combat be unique if it followed the other Elder Scrolls games? That would not be unique at all. Do you even know what unique means?

Crime is one of the first things they will be addressing so i don't know what "hype" videos you've been watching.

Of course you can't have the full immersion of the single player series because it's an MMO. There's no way they can put in those systems that would make it anywhere close to the ES single player series. (Note: MMO and SINGLE PLAYER. There's a reason why they are TWO DIFFERENT GENRES.)

If you are just looking for ways to not like this game, you'll hate it. If you don't go actively looking for the awesomeness and just the depth that this game has to offer, then I guess you'll never enjoy it. If you've played other MMO's, you would notice that this game has FAR more immersion than most MMOs.

I'm sorry I just have to comment you earned a LOL for your login name. Kid's this is How I Met Your Mother....
    A Dragon's Tear has many mystical qualities...
    dragontears.boards.net
  • Seneschel
    Seneschel
    ✭✭
    Looks like TES to me.
  • Fahstolph
    Fahstolph
    ✭✭
    Enteum wrote: »
    too funny
    I'm not trying to be funny. Sorry if I can't accept the game for how it is. I'm not the only one thinking these thoughts.
    This franchise has a large cult following defending this MMO's soft spots. Comments like this make it incredibly hard to get serious answers when I have honest comments and questions about the state of the game.

I could never accept an Elder Scrolls game for how it was. I unboxed Morrowind, and felt like "Ewww"...700 hours later you still couldn't get me off it.

I unboxed Oblivion, because Morrowind was amazing. "EWWWW all that saturated colour". 876 hours in, best thing ever since toasted bread. I unboxed Skyrim, "Ugh, too easy, not enough options in stats" Still playing to this day, don't ask how many hours.

What I am saying is...Humans, do not like change. But after a while we adapt. I definitely was not sure about ESO when I was in beta. It didn't "feel like elder scrolls". Oblivion didn't feel like Elder Scrolls after Morrowind. Neither did Skyrim after Oblivion. Although more gritty like Morrowind on a modern engine.

ESO sort of mixes up the gritty with the saturated between Morrowind and Oblivion.

...and I like it!

This is probably the most spot on post I have seen yet. ;)

I'll bet there is not one person out there that can say they DID NOT feel this way about at least one of the games in this franchise. Human nature. Just like people and their TV shows. This season sucks!! Then 20 episodes later..I can't believe its over..whaaa!! Next season... rinse&repeat :D
    One does not simply get EXP in Cyrodiil.
    -Boromir of Gondor3
  • Enteum
    Enteum
    ✭✭✭
    Fahstolph wrote: »
    Enteum wrote: »
    too funny

...and I like it!

This is probably the most spot on post I have seen yet. ;)

I'll bet there is not one person out there that can say they DID NOT feel this way about at least one of the games in this franchise. Human nature. Just like people and their TV shows. This season sucks!! Then 20 episodes later..I can't believe its over..whaaa!! Next season... rinse&repeat :D

Thank You :smile:
    Asira Avalis - Mage
  • Laerrus
    Laerrus
    ✭✭✭
    S1D3FX wrote: »
    So what I want to know is if anything is changing on this front. Are there changes planned to make this game more like the TES universe we miss? I don't want to see TES:O turn into a clone of pretty much every other MMO out there, and I'm sure I'm not alone!

You want to know if there are going to be changes to an MMO with a sub fee that hasn't officially released yet?

I think it might be safe to say yes.

Why is everyone so impatient?

It's a generational thing, give most of these kids a fishing pole and a can of worms, drop them off in a remote area and they would probably starve.
  • scarsreminder80
    Nothing Compares...

This is a great game and the excitement felt when logging in is genuine. Haven't felt this way for an MMO in a long time... The RPG feel with MMO experience is something I think many RPG fans have waited to see.

My only solid gripe that leaves me teetering on the edge is this:

An open world where you can't swim down in the water, .... doesn't feel so open any more.
    • I can't explore the bottom of a lake and find a door....
    • I can't go into a submerged section of a dungeon and swim through a tight corridor fearful I might drown...
    • I can't find a sunken ship and loot its submerged treasures...
    • I can't find a hidden air bell that leads to the opening of a long lost ruin or secret tunnel...

Elder Scrolls Games have always played upon this mechanic in a magical and immersive way, And I am solely disappointed it is gone. Will it return?? :'(
    "In your finest hour.... Who will you become?"
  • Viiqupaen
    Viiqupaen
    Laerrus wrote: »
    S1D3FX wrote: »

You want to know if there are going to be changes to an MMO with a sub fee that hasn't officially released yet?

I think it might be safe to say yes.

Why is everyone so impatient?

It's a generational thing, give most of these kids a fishing pole and a can of worms, drop them off in a remote area and they would probably starve.

You can't push a problem aside by blaming somebody for being a "kid." Hell, you have no idea who anybody is. That's just an easy way to brush something under the carpet.
    Problems exist with this game. People will talk about these problems. This is a natural process. People know what they want and have the ability to share their thoughts, so they will.
    Why is this thread even still open? My questions are answered. There are plenty of other threads to chew up. But I guess people can feel free to keep whining as I have.
    Edited by Viiqupaen on April 3, 2014 8:28PM
  • SoulSeekerUSA
    SoulSeekerUSA
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, I accidentally picked up something in someones house right there in front of them and I instantly thought of crap now I am going to have the ESO police screaming and running after me but I got nothing and kept what I picked up, lol.
  • Enteum
    Enteum
    ✭✭✭
    Nothing Compares...

This is a great game and the excitement felt when logging in is genuine. Haven't felt this way for an MMO in a long time... The RPG feel with MMO experience is something I think many RPG fans have waited to see.

My only solid gripe that leaves me teetering on the edge is this:

An open world where you can't swim down in the water, .... doesn't feel so open any more.
    • I can't explore the bottom of a lake and find a door....
    • I can't go into a submerged section of a dungeon and swim through a tight corridor fearful I might drown...
    • I can't find a sunken ship and loot its submerged treasures...
    • I can't find a hidden air bell that leads to the opening of a long lost ruin or secret tunnel...

Elder Scrolls Games have always played upon this mechanic in a magical and immersive way, And I am solely disappointed it is gone. Will it return?? :'(

Give it time. I miss my necklace of waterbreathing too. But, this is launch. It's yet a springboard of things to come. It may happen.
    Edited by Enteum on April 3, 2014 8:32PM
    Asira Avalis - Mage