Maintenance for the week of September 16:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PC/NA LAG IS INSANE CONSTANT CRASHES

• Photosniper89
    Photosniper89
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jaimeh wrote: »
    I haven't been able to play for more than 20 minutes at a time without crashing to desktop and having to rerun the client, or being booted to the log in screen and getting a series of error messages when trying to log back in. And if there is a long queue upon re-logging then that's the end of my session. I was looking forward to the event but so far I haven't been able to play at all, please @ZOS_Kevin can you give us some information whether these issues will be resolved before the event is over?

477f6wbzmpdp.png

Issues did not get resolved post event FYI.
  • Desiato
    Desiato
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    reazea wrote: »
    It baffles me that some still post that they've never had a connection issue with the ESO servers. They either don't play the game or don't read the forums, or...

I went through a period recently where I was grinding 3-5 trials a day in addition to dungeons and only in one of those trials did I experience lag issues. It was the only issue I've had for weeks. After the trial, I restarted the game and the next trial immediately after was fine.

For me, I generally experience an issue maybe once every few weeks since widespread outage on May 7th and the bumpy few days following it.

I can truly appreciate how frustrating this is to those regularly affected by this issue, but it should be clear the majority are not. When there is a widespread connection issue, posts about it reach 4+ pages (90+ responses) within an hour.

Edited by Desiato on August 18, 2024 5:21PM
    spending a year dead for tax reasons
  • Lylith
    Lylith
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    happy to report since the update i've had zero crashes.

i play a few hours every day, so that's a good sign.

fingers crossed.
  • Photosniper89
    Photosniper89
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lylith wrote: »
    happy to report since the update i've had zero crashes.

i play a few hours every day, so that's a good sign.

fingers crossed.

Had 5 myself yesterday and a few people in my group also crashed at various times.
  • thedocbwarren
    thedocbwarren
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't have crashes till latest patch. It's multiple times a day.
  • Lylith
    Lylith
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    just had one today using the armory assistant.

HARD crash, got a 'fatal error' popup and had to exit game via task managed - 'end task'

not pretty

eta: tried to log back on and got the same error popup

Failure Reason: DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG - The application's device failed due to badly formed commands sent by the application.
    Edited by Lylith on August 22, 2024 6:19PM
  • jonenukang
    jonenukang
    ✭✭
    I also encountered this problem very painful
  • ZOS_Phoenix
    ZOS_Phoenix
    admin
    @Lylith

It looks like this error in particular might be resolved by updating your drivers. You can find instructions for Nvidia here and AMD here.
    Staff Post