Maintenance for the week of September 16:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PC/NA LAG IS INSANE CONSTANT CRASHES

• Atheriskendra
    Atheriskendra
    Soul Shriven
    Got stuck on number one queu position after gradually making my way there from 35th position. Been there for over an hour now. Estimated wait time went down to 4 minutes and then back up to over 20 minutes, people are getting in and out, but apparently I'm not getting the notification to enter. It's like the system is just ignoring my position. Either it hasn't given the entry notification or I missed it somehow, but in the latter case I should have been taken off the queu and not stuck on position one.
  • JonnAndCo
    JonnAndCo
    ✭✭✭
    Last evening, the server dumped me, and when I logged back in, I was outside Cyrodil with a long que, so I called it a night. Do things like this ruin an event? No, I still had a good time while I was playing, but it did cause a premature end to my evening's play session. Frustrations like this can really add up.
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Got stuck on number one queu position after gradually making my way there from 35th position. Been there for over an hour now. Estimated wait time went down to 4 minutes and then back up to over 20 minutes, people are getting in and out, but apparently I'm not getting the notification to enter. It's like the system is just ignoring my position. Either it hasn't given the entry notification or I missed it somehow, but in the latter case I should have been taken off the queu and not stuck on position one.

Be aware that the queue sometimes bugs out on rare occasions. Sucks, but it is what it is. If you don’t move from a particular position after 10-15 minutes, there’s a good chance you’re bugged. Only solution is to leave queue and re-queue.

For what it’s worth, I’ve only crashed once since the event started, and that was after I respawned at Sej and returned to a huge tri-faction battle at Alessia, where there was a DC ball group on one wall and an AD ball group on the other. Other than that, it has been smooth sailing, with the exception of some FPS drops during larger keep defenses.
  • johnjetau
    johnjetau
    ✭✭✭
    What I have noticed is that if you are in one zone for longer than 30mins and then try and go to another zone, you crash and have to restart. Once you do that, you can swap zones easily.

So you can imagine the result of waiting in a queue for 40mins to get into Cyro :(

It really is hit and miss with the consistency of the crashing and lag.

I agree with the sentiment here, something needs to be done.
  • blktauna
    blktauna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    stutter lag and repeated crashes to desktop in under 3 hours od being on are just dissappointing
    PCNA
    PCEU
  • LPapirius
    LPapirius
    ✭✭✭✭
    I couldn't participate in guild raid today because for 70 minutes I was stuck at 31 in queue. If I relogged and started queue over raid would have been over by the time I got into Cyrodiil, assuming no disconnects while waiting in queue.

ZOS has got some really serious server issues going on these days. If we can't stay connected to the server we can't do much in game. And that's assuming we can even get into the zone we are trying to play in.

Edited by LPapirius on July 28, 2024 4:10AM
  • JustLovely
    JustLovely
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LPapirius wrote: »
    I couldn't participate in guild raid today because for 70 minutes I was stuck at 31 in queue. If I relogged and started queue over raid would have been over by the time I got into Cyrodiil, assuming no disconnects while waiting in queue.

ZOS has got some really serious server issues going on these days. If we can't stay connected to the server we can't do much in game. And that's assuming we can even get into the zone we are trying to play in.

Same happened to me on Thursday. Hasn't been as bad since then, but disconnecting still a major problem, just that the disconnects are happening one at a time rather than 2/3rds of everyone in Cyro disconnecting at once.
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not just getting disconnected, my whole game keeps crashing, and I'm suddenly being booted to the desktop having to re-run the client. Every time it happened I was in Cyrodiil (PC/NA).
  • fedouva
    fedouva
    ✭✭✭
    I think they're just going away.)
  • Lylith
    Lylith
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    today has been more stable. (crosses fingers)

although i DID crash 2x, once just looking at my inventory.

no crashes in cyro so far, though.
  • cptscotty
    cptscotty
    ✭✭✭
    Welp...back to crashing in battlegrounds again. My teammates finally quit pvp due to the constant issues and crashes.
  • Angtynur
    Angtynur
    ✭✭
    I just got booted from Cyrodiil and can't log in.
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Angtynur wrote: »

Same. Was riding up to a keep where the hammer was, game crashed. Waited about a minute, then logged back in. Got to character select, picked the one I was playing, got the Cyrodiil loading screen... then "Lost Lobby Connection." Pressed ok, log in... and "Booted from server." Closed game, logged back in, and "An unexpected error occurred."

So tiring.

Edited by Jaraal on July 28, 2024 9:42PM
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • CatoUnchained
    CatoUnchained
    ✭✭✭
    Angtynur wrote: »

I'm on the forum right now because got disconnected from Cyrodiil and couldn't get back into the game for 10 minutes and don't want to go through queue again.
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

giphy.gif
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I haven't been able to play for more than 20 minutes at a time without crashing to desktop and having to rerun the client, or being booted to the log in screen and getting a series of error messages when trying to log back in. And if there is a long queue upon re-logging then that's the end of my session. I was looking forward to the event but so far I haven't been able to play at all, please @ZOS_Kevin can you give us some information whether these issues will be resolved before the event is over?

477f6wbzmpdp.png
    Edited by Jaimeh on July 30, 2024 1:46AM
  • linuxhell
    linuxhell
    ✭✭✭
    We know what needs to be done as a definitive solution for this, but for financial reasons it will not be done
    make SA server
    This way it relieves the NA server and leaves South American players with much better ping (instead of 190-230 ping we would have a maximum of 110-130 or less than that)

Then when it happens, the answer is always the same:
    We are winding you at the end of the event
    Edited by linuxhell on July 29, 2024 9:17PM
  • CrazyKitty
    CrazyKitty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    linuxhell wrote: »
    We know what needs to be done as a definitive solution for this, but for financial reasons it will not be done
    make SA server
    This way it relieves the NA server and leaves South American players with much better ping (instead of 190-230 ping we would have a maximum of 110-130 or less than that)

Then when it happens, the answer is always the same:
    We are winding you at the end of the event

You mean South American or South Asian? Both could be true and both would help a ton I think, but it might spread the player base out too thin too. I feel like the ESO player base is shrinking pretty fast these days and even with all the focus on casual play style new players aren't coming in nearly as fast anymore either.
  • Lylith
    Lylith
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    giphy.gif

yeah, a lot of that during this event.

stopped counting crashes after the first day.
  • CatoUnchained
    CatoUnchained
    ✭✭✭
    Disconnecting from server is a huge problem lately. No other game has this problem to this degree. No game I've ever played anyway.
  • JinKC98
    JinKC98
    I've been experiencing lots of disconnecting or internal error lately (not Crashes though) too. When I log in, it would just say unable to connect to server... I'm sure nothing has changed on my end, my IP and device... Yesterday night is the first time it took me 4 hours to log in to just complete the daily writs and endeavors (inside the Oblivion Portal is a lagfest too)…

If it's any clue, I usually got disconnected at character load screen or zone intro screen.

Tried rebooting router, restarting PC, repairing launcher, so far nothing is working. Here's hoping the maintenance this week will resolve whatever it is that is causing all these.
  • reazea
    reazea
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It baffles me that some still post that they've never had a connection issue with the ESO servers. They either don't play the game or don't read the forums, or...
  • StihlReign
    StihlReign
    ✭✭✭✭
    Major Lag in West Wield after the Maintenance today. 1303 EST
    "O divine art of subtlety and secrecy!

Through you we learn to be invisible, through you inaudible; and hence we can hold the enemy’s fate in our hands.” – Ch. VI, v. 8-9. — Master Sun Tzu

"You haven't beaten me you've sacrificed sure footing for a killing stroke." — Ra's al Ghul

He who is prudent and lies in wait for an enemy who is not, will be victorious — Master Sun Tzu

LoS
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    reazea wrote: »
    It baffles me that some still post that they've never had a connection issue with the ESO servers. They either don't play the game or don't read the forums, or...

Or we're telling the truth.

It would be good to get an update from @ZOS_Kevin tho, they've been investigating it long enough for that to be overdue.
  • Lylith
    Lylith
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    maintenance didn't help one bit.

matter of fact, i've crashed more in the last two hours than i did on a daily basis during mym.

also, the wondrous 'error 103' has returned when i try to sign back on so i sign onto a secondary account and then come back to the main - it seems to fix that particular error at least.

• SaffronCitrusflower
    SaffronCitrusflower
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Tandor wrote: »

It would be good to get an update from @ZOS_Kevin tho, they've been investigating it long enough for that to be overdue.

"They're working on it". And I think you know the video I'm referring to. That's where we're at and have been for years now. PR statements are not the same as actually working on fixing bugs and server issues.
  • Lylith
    Lylith
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    six crashes today in a little over 3 hours.

the time between them keeps getting shorter, so that's really enjoyable when trying to solo a dungeon. :/

hope the maintenance tomorrow is more effective than the last one.

ETA: make that seven crashes
    Edited by Lylith on August 18, 2024 2:37PM
  • CrazyKitty
    CrazyKitty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lylith wrote: »

the time between them keeps getting shorter, so that's really enjoyable when trying to solo a dungeon. :/

I think ESO is actually causing BSOD errors now days too. The problem has moved way beyond just simple disconnecting from the ESO servers.
  • Photosniper89
    Photosniper89
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CrazyKitty wrote: »
    Lylith wrote: »

I think ESO is actually causing BSOD errors now days too. The problem has moved way beyond just simple disconnecting from the ESO servers.

100% this game causes BSOD. Have had it happen to me a few times when getting hit with a meteor or getting bombed.
  • Photosniper89
    Photosniper89
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tandor wrote: »

"They're working on it". And I think you know the video I'm referring to. That's where we're at and have been for years now. PR statements are not the same as actually working on fixing bugs and server issues.

Bingo.