Maintenance for the week of September 9:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 9

PC/NA LAG IS INSANE CONSTANT CRASHES

• ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    Event ruined by lag and continues crashes. Please fix your servers.

The event is not ruined, it has been open for an hour. Sometimes issues outside of our control happen and we're working to resolve this as soon as possible.
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Staff Post
  • aussie500
    aussie500
    ✭✭✭
    PC NA
    Main character (EP) rushed down to Imperial City to hand a quest in, was there maybe a minute, left and changed characters
    Second character(DC) teleported to my home campaign (Blackreach) in Cyrodill, was happily doing a few town quests, in Bruma when I could no longer interact with anything and got booted from the game with an error message. Was in Cyrodiil maybe 7 minutes.

Second account was waiting in an account log in queue for around 5 minutes, eventually got on did almost exactly the same thing, but instead of Blackreach I chose one of the new, not so busy 7 day no CP Cyrodiil campaigns got my tickets in Cropsford (EP character) but only lasted 5 minutes at most before again not being able to interact with anything or change weapons and being booted with the same error message.

Third account had a shorter log-in queue time, was down in IC (DC character) for about a minute, transferred from there to a 7 day CP campaign and went to Bruma got the quest, struggled to get out the door after about a minute of my character dodging around like a maniac trying to change weapons it let me out, it was just the resupply quest, I almost reached the chest and was rubber banded back to the door, started again got the quest done and the tickets and immediately transferred to IC, rushed out the exit door to land back in The Rawl'kha bank, went to Stonefalls to spend the tickets, could not interact with the Impressario, was booted from the game with the same error message as the previous 2 accounts.

Well I got all my tickets, but that would have to be one of the less satisfying starts to an event. Game is unplayable.

Edit
    I had been playing just fine for hours till I started the event, I was doing West Weald dailies when the event started so did not rush off as soon as the event started. My main account the aussie500 one did not use the crown store quest starter, the second account started the quest from the crown store, but never did anything else. The third account started the quest went to IC and Cyrodiil, then when they got to Stonefalls did the rest of the starter quest and got the free box, but shortly after when they tried to spend the tickets, got booted from the game.
    Edited by aussie500 on July 25, 2024 3:38PM
  • allmyxlvntx
    allmyxlvntx
    ✭✭
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »

The event is not ruined, it has been open for an hour. Sometimes issues outside of our control happen and we're working to resolve this as soon as possible.

Sorry @ZOS_Kevin but when you have a lot of players who come back just for PVP and this happens over and over, it is ruined for them. They don’t come back.
  • M33tr3
    M33tr3
    ✭✭✭
    Hi all, we are aware folks on NA megaservers are experiencing. We are actively investigating and working toward a solution. Thanks for the reports. We'll follow up once we have an update.

so three or four months from now???
    'We agree we haven't been communicating as much as we should on this matter (among others) and for that, we apologize. There really is no excuse.' ~ @ZOS_GinaBruno , nov 2018
  • EdjeSwift
    EdjeSwift
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Sorry @ZOS_Kevin but when you have a lot of players who come back just for PVP and this happens over and over, it is ruined for them. They don’t come back.

Read between the lines and have some tact please, "outside of our control" may mean something more than just "bad server bad company!"
    Antiquities Addict
  • M33tr3
    M33tr3
    ✭✭✭
    'We agree we haven't been communicating as much as we should on this matter (among others) and for that, we apologize. There really is no excuse.' ~ @ZOS_GinaBruno , nov 2018
  • alternatelder
    alternatelder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Easy fix: Cancel MYM until your servers can actually handle large populations.
  • Photosniper89
    Photosniper89
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I agree with Kevin here but also agree with what you are saying.

I've first hand have had guild members come back to the game for these kind of events after years off to say "nothing has changed" and they leave.

So is this 12 day event ruined - no. Are peoples experiences who wanna give the game another shot ruined - yes.
  • Destai
    Destai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Hi all, we are working on resolving this now. We are seeing players are starting to get back in. We will continue to monitor as more players are getting back in. Thanks again for your patience.

Kevin, is this the answer for this thread as well?

Sometimes? Kevin, there are regular performance issues. And when we ask "what happened there", we don't ever really get that context. Stop passing over these kinds of questions, please. You really need to shift from going on the defensive, and start going into details. It's just going to be better for all of us involved. Here's your chance - what exactly happened that was outside of your control?

And it's not really on you to decide if an event is ruined, honestly. That's up to the individual, sorry. If someone left due to previous issues and comes back only to see this, yeah, it's probably ruined for them. If you're trying to be comforting, I suggest working on the tone of your posts like this. Maybe it's just me, but the short sentences come across as you're irritated.

Edited by Destai on July 25, 2024 5:38PM
  • allmyxlvntx
    allmyxlvntx
    ✭✭
    EdjeSwift wrote: »

Read between the lines and have some tact please, "outside of our control" may mean something more than just "bad server bad company!"

Never even mentioned the words “bad server bad company”. I play this game a lot, mostly PVE, yet when this event starts, here we are. Happens every time. And yes I know of bad stuff happening in the international server world too.
  • CrazyKitty
    CrazyKitty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, the servers lasted a whole 20 minutes into the event before crashing and booting 2/3rds of everyone from the game.

My guild raid cancelled the rest of the raid day, and we may very well end up having to cancel our daily guild raid for the duration of the Whitestrakes crashing event.

This is so totally unacceptable performance from what is allegedly a AAA gaming company. ZOS either doesn't realize or doesn't care how detrimental this kind of performance is to their reputations.

ESO just keeps getting worse and worse and it's not just in terms of server malfunctions and horrible performance. ZOS is continuing to implement bad game design like the 14 day listing limitation on guild stores and they still haven't reverted the jabs animation.

• zamoramerida
    I was able to come back and play there is still some lag but game at least is not crashing. Thanks.
  • Orbital78
    Orbital78
    ✭✭✭
    Gray Host seems pretty stable to me, ping is higher than normal ~120, but for a large event not too bad.
  • dcrush
    dcrush
    ✭✭✭✭
    Queued for PCNA GH for 25 mins, rode to a keep, crashed and when I got back in I had to requeue for Cyro again. This is not a rare occasion, please stop gaslighting players. This is a structural issue. Every pvp event it’s the same problem.

Fix
    Your
    Servers
  • RomanRex
    RomanRex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    57r5h7nqcm7c.jpeg
    damage control managed here on the forums.

funnel complaints into one thread to reduce the appearance of them. very frustrating.
  • CrashTest
    CrashTest
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is why I despise this event, it crashes the server.

Every event crashes the server, not just this one.
  • Wildberryjack
    Wildberryjack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On a similar vein, what's up with the launcher all of a sudden? As soon as it fires up now it pulls 100% of my disk and locks up my computer. It didn't use to do that.
    The purpose of art is washing the dust of daily life off our souls. ~Pablo Picasso
  • sunandstars77
    sunandstars77
    ✭✭✭
    Serveral times ive been booted from the server now in Cryodiil. And ive has to relog several times to clear the combat bug that you refuse to fix.

Is this an in office joke to you lot at Zos? You love to see the rage because we continue to pay to play a game verse we love more than you. Clearly.

Stop giving this company your hard earned money. They do nothing to deserve it.
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On a similar vein, what's up with the launcher all of a sudden? As soon as it fires up now it pulls 100% of my disk and locks up my computer. It didn't use to do that.

The new launcher has been trying to download the PTS in the background, even though they took it off the front page and re-activated automatic updates when they reset everybody's settings. And it tried to download 96 gigs worth of data, even though I still have the PTS on my hard drive.

Check your launcher settings, enable the PTS environment, and change the update status to optional.
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • EdjeSwift
    EdjeSwift
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I thought this was a launcher problem but a little more delving made me realize, for me at least, it wasn't the launcher, it was Nvidia Share doing some wonkstuff to my computer.
    Antiquities Addict
  • Eclipse318
    Eclipse318
    ✭✭✭

I've had problems getting into the game since the 7/22 update. At one point it took me over an hour and 9 tries, after doing a "repair" on the game, but I finally got to the character load screen. It's been randomly hanging/crashing between login and character screen for days.
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    How many of you are running Intel i7 or i9 13th / 14th gen CPUs, for example 13900K / 14900K, in your gaming systems? @ZOS_Kevin : These desktop CPUs are commonly used in gaming servers as well, because they offer the highest single-threaded performance. The workloads that happen in gaming are apparently causing a high fraction of them to become unstable or eventually fail completely. Data center failure rates have apparently ranged from 10% to 100% within as little as 2 months.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OVdmK1UGzGs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QzHcrbT5D_Y
    Edited by fred4 on July 26, 2024 12:28AM
    PC EU: Magblade (PvP main), DK (PvE Tank), Sorc (PvP and PvE), Magden (PvE Healer), Magplar (PvP and PvE DD), Arcanist (PvE DD)
    PC NA: Magblade (PvP and PvE every role)
  • fedouva
    fedouva
    ✭✭✭
    Yesterday I went to the game normally despite the fact that I have in battles with bosses and mobs constantly something hung, I was even killed a couple of times because of this and thrown out of the arena boss, but today it is just impossible to enter, as if someone saves on servers)
  • Anifaas
    Anifaas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CrashTest wrote: »

Every event crashes the server, not just this one.

That's an awful lot of crashes "out of their control." I wonder, just who is in control then?
  • Sluggy
    Sluggy
    ✭✭✭✭✭

To be honest it's not the event. This has been going on for months now.
  • Dkrewe
    Dkrewe
    ✭✭✭
    Hi all, we are aware folks on NA megaservers are experiencing. We are actively investigating and working toward a solution. Thanks for the reports. We'll follow up once we have an update.

TBH trying to claim "It's not our fault!" is never going to result in any response other than frustration unless you start actually explaining whose fault it ACTUALLY is. If nobody is at fault, then just give a basic explanation of what happened. That will go over MUCH better and still take the heat/blame off of you somewhat.
  • jcaceresw
    jcaceresw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just wanted to start playing and got booted since the very first minute I logged on with my main character. Now I am unable to log in again and been about 10 minutes since the crash.
  • fedouva
    fedouva
    ✭✭✭
    Dkrewe wrote: »

TBH trying to claim "It's not our fault!" is never going to result in any response other than frustration unless you start actually explaining whose fault it ACTUALLY is. If nobody is at fault, then just give a basic explanation of what happened. That will go over MUCH better and still take the heat/blame off of you somewhat.

I don't think they're even aware of it.)
  • Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ball groups
    PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dkrewe wrote: »

The simple fact that they said they are working towards a solution indicates that it is indeed something within their control. So, if they can fix it, then they aren't actually saying that it's not their fault.
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.