Maintenance for the week of September 16:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Teabagging update would be good before MYM

• Lags
    Lags
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So I'm to understand that everyone gets at least one free bag on everyone, and as long as you do it in offline mode, you can do it until they publicly ask you to stop? This is ripe for abuse from all ends.

what abuse? Its a silly rule for an extreme minority of the population of this game. Even less on console. You know most people dont report people for this right? And that most people dont care? This whole topic is ridiculous. good luck on the reports and attempts to get peoples accounts banned because you dont like an in game character crouching. makes sense to me.
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Son: Why are all those people doing that to your body?
    Me: Uhhh, they are "bending the knee", showing me respect by bowing down to my greatness.
    Son: There sure are a lot of them, are they your friends?
    Me: No, more like friendly competition.

He figured it out when he got older and played some PvP games of his own. It doesn't bother him either though.
    Fear is the Mindkiller
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lags wrote: »
    this is going to be a pointless roundabout argument. Look, why would you salute someone? Because you're immersed? your having fun? Why would i tbag someone, or emote on them, or stand there? For the same reason i guess?

Actually I'm just questioning that the gesture is completely arbitrary. It does have a meaning - or it least it did when it first came up over 20 years ago. The naming of it says what it's about. That's the whole reason some people find it funny, or not?

Also, you can't tell me that saluting to a fallen opponent and shoving your privates into someones face is the same thing, roleplay-wise.

Edited by Syldras on July 25, 2024 9:52PM
    @Syldras | PC | EU
    The forceful expression of will gives true honor to the Ancestors.
    Sarayn Andrethi, Telvanni mage (Main)
    Darvasa Andrethi, his "I'm NOT a Necromancer!" sister
    Malacar Sunavarlas, Altmer Ayleid vampire
  • xylena_lazarow
    xylena_lazarow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lags wrote: »
    what abuse? Its a silly rule
    You misunderstand. I agree the rule is silly, it will only lead to cases where someone is banned for silly reasons, while at the same time completely failing to stop actual harassment. Allow it or don't, no half measures.
    PC/NA || CP/Cyro || RIP soft caps
  • Desiato
    Desiato
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Syldras wrote: »
    Also, you can't tell me that saluting to a fallen opponent and shoving your privates into someones face is the same thing, roleplay-wise.

Our characters have no privates. Well, mine don't. They're all ken dolls. Maybe yours are different?

While it can be what one makes of it, what it actually is a player crouching and uncrouching. People need to put this into perspective and recognize they can't control external events, but they can control how they respond to them.

I am respectful of the fact that some people are legitimately triggered by the action because of a previous trauma, but I agree with Lags that what triggers most players in this scenario is that they died to another player and are mad about that.

I've gotten more hate from a /lol after killing someone in Cyro than I have from tbags. Tbag hate tells didn't become a thing until players realized they could weaponize it.
    spending a year dead for tax reasons
  • Synapsis123
    Synapsis123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »
    Hi all. We wanted to address the recent conversations around teabagging and proper etiquette around the action in-game. In the past, we have noted that context matters when teabagging in-game and when responding to that action. Teabagging in-game is generally not a direct violation of ToS. However, when an impacted player asks you to stop and you refuse, that is when we have crossed into targeted harassment territory. If this happens and the impacted player reports the incident with video proof, then an investigation will open for ToS violations for targeted harassment. This can lead to possible suspension or permanent ban. So please take requests to stop seriously.

For those reporting a potential violation, please make sure you provide a video that makes it clear that you asked the user who teabagged you in-game to please stop the action and continued action after the ask.

We hope this clears things up for everyone, especially as we are going into Whitestrake's Mayhem. Again, we understand why some players choose to engage in teabagging. As someone in this thread put it, we survived the 2000's Halo lobbies also. But we want to respect anyone's wishes who do not want to be subject to the in-game action of teabagging.

Additional update based on a question asking about users who are in offline mode or placed an impacted player on an ignore list: If a user is in offline mode or placed you on an ignore list, you should make an effort to post the request in a general channel. As long as the attempt of contact is made and seen in your video account, that will be factored in during the investigation.

How do you contact someone in a general channel if the person is on the other faction? They can't read the chat. The other player would have no idea they were contacted. Also if a ton of people whisper you to stop teabagging how are you supposed to remember every single persons name who whispered you?
    Edited by Synapsis123 on July 25, 2024 10:46PM
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the attempts to pretend that teabagging is totally innocent thing, that isn't at all named for the action people are pretending to perform, is far more immature than the people who are offended by it, personally.

It is a taunt. It's a non-verbal way to trash talk your opponent. It is named for the action it resembles. Some people view trash talk as a fun part of competition. And some people don't like it. It takes two to be friendly. If the other person doesn't like it, you stop. Simple.
    Edited by spartaxoxo on July 25, 2024 10:48PM
  • TheValkyn
    TheValkyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »
    i have a firm rule about leaning to, not reporting anything, ... (but i also keep pics, note cards and chat logs of any odd or suspect encounters.)

....why only video as evidence? would not a chat log and or pics be enough? pics and chat logs are not proof? would pics be rejected for a report, as evidence?

... ... ... for me, this question also relates to any or all in game crime documentation. can you please articulate?

thank you.

You can submit other items as well. However, video helps to show a clearer and expansive understanding of the reported situation. A lot more than a chat log or photo can.

No. You should just make the rule very clear and enforce it. Support has been very, very inconsistent because the guidelines are so vague even when video, clear names and chat logs are provided. (Or they just never read the tickets)
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Desiato wrote: »
    Our characters have no privates. Well, mine don't. They're all ken dolls. Maybe yours are different?

My female werewolf begs to differ.

Go figure.

qlLgKG9.png
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • ZOS_Hadeostry
    Greetings everyone,

As this thread has run its course and is no longer constructive, we are now going to close it. Please refer to Kevin's posts. We always encourage sharing opinions, but we ask that they remain respectful when doing so.

Thank you for your understanding, and please keep the Community Rules in mind when posting on the forums.
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.