Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

New Update 43 Class Sets

BasP
BasP
✭✭✭✭
During the stream from today some new cool features for Infinite Archive were announced, among which new class sets. I screenshotted them and though the text was pretty blurry, I think I have written them all down correctly below.

I have to say I found the first round of class sets a bit disappointing, but, overall, the new sets appeal to me more on paper. Do any of them stand out to you?

Warden: Aerie's Cry
  • 2 items: Adds 1487 Offensive Penetration
  • 3 items: Adds 129 Weapon and Spell Damage
  • 4 items: Adds 129 Weapon and Spell Damage
  • 5 items: Dealing damage with a Light Attack applies Eagle's Mark to your target for 12 seconds. This effect can occur every 3 seconds but cannot be applied to enemies who already have Eagle's Mark. You can have one Eagle's Mark active at a time. After 3 seconds an eagle attacks your target every 3 seconds dealing 2485 Physical Damage each strike. Increase your Damage Done with Animal Companion abilities by 10% against enemies with Eagle's Mark.
Templar: Aetheric Lancer
  • 2 items: Adds 129 Weapon and Spell Damage
  • 3 items: Adds 657 Critical Chance
  • 5 items: Dealing damage with Burning Light twice within 30 seconds summons a spear that implants itself in a 5 meter radius for 5 seconds. This effect can occur once every 6 seconds. While standing in the area, dealing damage with an Aedric Spear ability launches the spear at your target, dealing 4887 Magic Damage and applying Sundered to your target. Throwing the spear increases your Weapon and Spell Damage by 300 for 5 seconds.
Necromancer: Corpseburster
  • 2 items: Adds 129 Weapon and Spell Damage
  • 4 items: Adds 657 Critical Chance
  • 5 items: Consuming a corpse causes the corpse to explode, dealing 2805 Magic Damage to enemies within 5 meters. This effect can occur once every 0.5 seconds. Increase the damage by 10% for each Grave Lord ability on your skill bar.
Dragonknight: Pyrebrand
  • 2 items: Adds 1487 Offensive Penetration
  • 5 items: Your Light Attacks deal 1084 Flame Damage every 2 seconds over 6 seconds. Your fully-charged Heavy Attacks consume up to 3 of your damage over time effects to deal 2384 Flame Damage in a 6 meter radius on the target, dealing up to 200% more damage to enemies below 33% Health. The damage scales off the higher of your Weapon or Spell damage and is increased by 20% for each damage over time effect on the target, up to 60%.
Sorcerer: Beacon of Oblivion
  • 2 items: Adds 1487 Armor
  • 4 items: Adds 1206 Maximum Health
  • 5 items: While you have a pet active, gain 1840 Health and 1980 Armor. While you do not have a pet active, increase your Damage Done to monsters and Healing Done by 15%.
Arcanist: Spattering Disjunction
  • 2 items: Adds 657 Critical Chance
  • 5 items: When you hit an enemy with a snare or immobilize ability, apply two random status effects to your target. This effect can occur once every 6 seconds. Dealing damage with a Herald of the Tome ability reduces this cooldown by 0.5 seconds, up to once every 1 second.
Nightblade: Umbral Edge
  • 2 items: Adds 1206 Maximum Health
  • 3 items: Adds 1487 Armor
  • 4 items: Adds 1096 Maximum Stamina
  • 5 items: When you cast a Shadow ability, you gain Umbral Riposte for 3 seconds, up to once every 5 seconds. Umbral Riposte causes you to dodge the next attach made against you and automatically curses the attacking enemy, applying Major Vulnerability for 5 seconds, increasing their damage taken by 10%.
Edited by BasP on July 3, 2024 6:51PM
  • Erickson9610
    Erickson9610
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BasP wrote: »
    • 5 items: When you cast a Shadow ability, you gain Umbral Riposte for 3 seconds, up to once every 5 seconds. Umbral Riposte causes you to dodge the next attach made against you and automatically curses the attacking enemy, applying Major Vulnerability for 5 seconds, increasing their damage taken by 10%.

In case the Shadowy Disguise spam wasn't enough to deal with, now you can enjoy having what was once Necromancer's unique major debuff applied to you for merely attacking them!
    PC/NA — Lone Werewolf, the Templar Khajiit Werewolf

Werewolf Should be Allowed to Sneak
    Please give us Werewolf Skill Styles (for customizing our fur color), Grimoires/Scribing skills (to fill in the holes in our builds), and Companions (to transform with).
  • acastanza_ESO
    acastanza_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    How on earth do they have zero understanding of how to make a good set for Sorc.

This one has 2-4 pc lines that you'd expect to see on a PVP focused set, but the damage bonus doesn't work in PVP.
    The stat lines are awful for PVE, but the damage bonus only works in PVE.... except yet again when you cast your Atro it stops working. What are they thinking?!

if they just changed it to *non-ultimate* pets and changed the 5pc bonus to 8% Damage and Doubles against monsters (and maybe reworked the 2-4 pc lines) it'd be fine, but it also has like, zero interaction with the class skills other than being messed up by pets for DDs.

Not to mention monolith of storms is still hot garbage (unless they completely reworked in in the forthcoming patch notes).
    Edited by acastanza_ESO on July 3, 2024 6:54PM
  • TX12001rwb17_ESO
    TX12001rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

So NBs can have Ultra Instinct now, this is going to be a nightmare to deal with on the NBs who are already a pain to target in PvP because they either move too fast or they keep going invisible or both.
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How on earth do they have zero understanding of how to make a good set for Sorc.

This one has 2-4 pc lines that you'd expect to see on a PVP focused set, but the damage bonus doesn't work in PVP.
    The stat lines are awful for PVE, but the damage bonus only works in PVE.... except yet again when you cast your Atro it stops working. What are they thinking?!

if they just changed it to *non-ultimate* pets and changed the 5pc bonus to 8% Damage and Doubles against monsters (and maybe reworked the 2-4 pc lines) it'd be fine, but it also has like, zero interaction with the class skills other than being messed up by pets for DDs.

Not to mention monolith of storms is still hot garbage (unless they completely reworked in in the forthcoming patch notes).

I actually think the Sorcerer set might be solo/arena oriented. Those are fairly decent stat lines for an Archive setup, with having additional damage mitigation. Could be useful in Maelstrom/Vat too. And 15% more damage without a pet is really solid. And the health boost with a pet, again, very solo oriented and in line with the sorc passive changes they already implemented with pets active.
  • acastanza_ESO
    acastanza_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

So NBs can have Ultra Instinct now, this is going to be a nightmare to deal with on the NBs who are already a pain to target in PvP because they either move too fast or they keep going invisible or both.

Yep, you can really tell that the NB set was dev'ed by someone who loves NB PVP (to the exclusion of everything else). Pretty insulting.
  • Luke_Flamesword
    Luke_Flamesword
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yeah, sorc set is obviously solo set and on paper it looks quite interesting.
    PC | EU | DC |Stam Dk Breton
  • chessalavakia_ESO
    chessalavakia_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for posting the sets.

Did they talk at all on stream if the old sets or new sets will have drop priority or if it will just be random if you don't have either set completed?

• jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jaws343 wrote: »

I actually think the Sorcerer set might be solo/arena oriented. Those are fairly decent stat lines for an Archive setup, with having additional damage mitigation. Could be useful in Maelstrom/Vat too. And 15% more damage without a pet is really solid. And the health boost with a pet, again, very solo oriented and in line with the sorc passive changes they already implemented with pets active.

Arguably, the pet side of it could be a selfish tank option as well if you are running clanfear.
  • ssewallb14_ESO
    ssewallb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That sorc set could be pretty spicy if the condition only applied to toggled pets.
  • acastanza_ESO
    acastanza_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    That sorc set could be pretty spicy if the condition only applied to toggled pets.

They really, really, need to exclude the Atro ult from the "pet active" switches.
  • KlauthWarthog
    KlauthWarthog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

... holy magikarp, in which alternate dimension could this be misconstrued as sane and/or balanced?
  • Reginald_leBlem
    Reginald_leBlem
    ✭✭✭✭✭

... holy magikarp, in which alternate dimension could this be misconstrued as sane and/or balanced?

I love it. 10/10, no notes.
  • SilverIce58
    SilverIce58
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Warden's Aerie's Cry says "this effect can occur every 3 seconds but cannot be applied to enemies who already have Eagle's Mark" but it also says "you can only have one Eagle's Mark active at a time." So which is it? Can we stack multiple marks on one enemy or can multiple enemies have them? Maybe its just me, but the wording is a little confusing.
    Edited by SilverIce58 on July 3, 2024 7:22PM
    PC - NA
    CP 1125
    Veric Blackwood - Breton Magsorc DC
    Xhiak-Qua'cthurus - Argonian Frost Warden EP
    Kujata-qa - Khajiit Magplar AD
    Suunleth-dar - Khajiit Stamblade AD
    Teldryn Antharys - Dunmer Flame DK EP
    Strikes-With-Venom - Argonian Poison DK EP
    Rur'san-ra - Khajiit WW Stamsorc AD
    Ilianos Solinar - Altmer Stamplar AD
    Iscah Silver-Heart - Reachman Magden DC
  • Reginald_leBlem
    Reginald_leBlem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Warden's Aerie's Cry says "this effect can occur every 3 seconds but cannot be applied to enemies who already have Eagle's Mark" but it also says "you can only have one Eagle's Mark active at a time." So which is it? Can we stack multiple marks on one enemy or can multiple enemies have them?

I think if the original enemy dies you can reapply it, assuming it's been at least 3 seconds since it was applied
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Most of these sets look fun to be honest, except sorc one which looks boring and the nb set which is just stupid op.
    Does NB really need more damage and tankiness in pvp.
  • runa_gate
    runa_gate
    ✭✭✭✭

I wouldn't worry that this will make it to live, Finn burst out laughing and said as much when he read it.

I mean I hope it doesn't but I recognize that it is hilariously OP.

That sorc "get 1500 health with pet out" might actually be worse than Monolith of Storms, which is seemingly impossible.

Kinda makes me nostalgic for the days of the dual-wield "Sparks" skill and NB both giving autododge... so infuriating in PvP, odd thing to bring back almost 10 years later.
  • chessalavakia_ESO
    chessalavakia_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Warden's Aerie's Cry says "this effect can occur every 3 seconds but cannot be applied to enemies who already have Eagle's Mark" but it also says "you can only have one Eagle's Mark active at a time." So which is it? Can we stack multiple marks on one enemy or can multiple enemies have them?

I could be misinterpreting it but, my interpretation was you can apply an Eagle's Mark to one enemy at a time and your Eagle's Mark cannot stack with another player's Eagle's Mark.

• Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

https://eso-sets.com/set/shadow-dancers-raiment

Shadow Dancer's Raiment

(2 items) Adds 1096 Maximum Magicka
    (3 items) Adds 1096 Maximum Magicka
    (4 items) Adds 129 Weapon and Spell Damage
    (5 items) After leaving Sneak or invisibility, you dodge all incoming attacks within the next 1 second. This effect can occur once every 8 seconds.

My next "I don't want to PvP" setup for Cyro XD
  • BasP
    BasP
    ✭✭✭✭

I think if the original enemy dies you can reapply it, assuming it's been at least 3 seconds since it was applied

That is my interpretation of the set as well. We'll know for sure on Monday when the PTS launches I suppose.
  • IncultaWolf
    IncultaWolf
    ✭✭✭✭✭

In case the Shadowy Disguise spam wasn't enough to deal with, now you can enjoy having what was once Necromancer's unique major debuff applied to you for merely attacking them!

LOL they took the only unique debuff necromancer had and gave it to nightblade, unreal.
  • IncultaWolf
    IncultaWolf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    byyqb49jnhf6.jpg
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

LOL they took the only unique debuff necromancer had and gave it to nightblade, unreal.

this is not new and it is useful so people have more choice.

Archdruid Devyric and Turning Tide also apply Major Vulnerability.
    and Kynmarcher's Cruelty has a chance to apply it.
    miaow! i'm Luna ( she/her ).

🌸*throws cherry blossom on you*🌸
    "Eagles advance, traveler! And may the Green watch and keep you."
    🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
  • xDeusEJRx
    xDeusEJRx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    byyqb49jnhf6.jpg

"Until I get enough power to 1 shot people for my assassin roleplay, we will keep making nightblade stronger" - Someone at zos, Probably
    Solo PvP'er PS5 NA player

90% of my body is made of Magblade
  • SkaraMinoc
    SkaraMinoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Sorcerer: Beacon of Oblivion
    • 2 items: Adds 1487 Armor
    • 4 items: Adds 1206 Maximum Health
    • 5 items: While you have a pet active, gain 1840 Health and 1980 Armor. While you do not have a pet active, increase your Damage Done to monsters and Healing Done by 15%.

PvP Healer with Matriarch = Bad set (the 5pc bonuses are backwards)
    PvP Healer without Matriarch = Good set for raw healing but no group buffs
    PvE Healer = Bad set (no group buffs)
    PvE DPS = 15% damage to monsters is good but the 2pc and 4pc bonuses are bad for PvE DPS
    Solo Questing with pet = Bad set (no damage)
    Solo Questing without pet = Good set

This is one of the better sets for soloing World bosses as a Stam Sorc without pets.

Edited by SkaraMinoc on July 3, 2024 7:55PM
    PC NA
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    LunaFlora wrote: »

Yeah that just means theres no reason to give it to nb specifically. All those other sources are usable by nightblades as well, the class absolutely does not need this debuff.
    Meanwhile this will make an already overtuned class even more broken.
  • sarahthes
    sarahthes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I mean everyone had it already with archdruid and TT.
  • Urzigurumash
    Urzigurumash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LunaFlora wrote: »

In terms of viability, by way of proc condition and uptime, this NB set far surpasses all of these other sources of this debuff. 0 GCDs, 0 necessity to target, 0 resources, superior uptime, and a free dodge.

Just finally give us AP for holding block so multiple playstyles can be leaderboard viable.
    Xbox NA AD / Day 1 ScrubDK / Wood Orc Cuisine Enthusiast
  • xylena_lazarow
    xylena_lazarow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    When you cast a Shadow ability, you gain Umbral Riposte for 3 seconds, up to once every 5 seconds. Umbral Riposte causes you to dodge the next attach made against you and automatically curses the attacking enemy, applying Major Vulnerability for 5 seconds, increasing their damage taken by 10%.
    Does direct AoE like Whirlwind counter it? If not, this is going to be miserable to fight against. Devs should always have to fight against the things they put in the game. At least it probably won't actually replace Rallying/Wretched.
    PC/NA || CP/Cyro || RIP soft caps
  • BasP
    BasP
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for posting the sets.

Did they talk at all on stream if the old sets or new sets will have drop priority or if it will just be random if you don't have either set completed?
    Unless I missed it, they didn't say that. I presumed they would drop randomly.
  • sunsrest
    sunsrest
    ✭✭✭
    As a PvE nightblade I don't think the NB set will replace Soulcleaver for soloing dungeons with a companion but might come in handy for some overland flavor in the future, maybe I'll make a Shadow skill only profile for overland, also wonder what the effect will look like when wearing it