Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

New Update 43 Class Sets

• Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    EF321 wrote: »
    The Necro set needs to get rid of that 0.5 second internal cooldown to be any fun.

And when are we going to start using more unique 2-4 piece bonuses? Why is this game is so focused on making sets boring?

Without cooldown you'd be able to make huge bombs with skills that consume multiple corpses (necrotic potency or that ground heal).

Yes. And it would be great.
  • BasP
    BasP
    ✭✭✭✭
    Elsonso wrote: »
    My biggest hang up is that it is just for monster damage. That is not going to be a joy to play.

For the purposes of sets, all NPCs are considered "monsters". (My apologies if you already know this and are referring to the set not working against players.)
    Lalothen wrote: »
    Warden: Aerie's Cry
    I like the way they've gone with this; looks thematic on paper with the eagle attack, and the buff to Animal Companion abilities is good. Pen would likely be wasted in an organised group, but then not everything needs to be made for their needs, so for all other intents and purposes it's still good imo.
    Yeah, I definitely look forward to trying that set on the PTS with my Stamden. Hopefully the eagle attack looks nice, and using the set won't lead to a decrease in DPS compared to my current setup. A line of Critical Chance instead of Penetration would've been nice though.
  • Deimus
    Deimus
    ✭✭✭
    EF321 wrote: »
    The Necro set needs to get rid of that 0.5 second internal cooldown to be any fun.

And when are we going to start using more unique 2-4 piece bonuses? Why is this game is so focused on making sets boring?

Without cooldown you'd be able to make huge bombs with skills that consume multiple corpses (necrotic potency or that ground heal).

That would give the class a unique playstyle again akin to Harmony before it was butchered. Using Enduring Undeath or Bitter Harvest on a ball group after they do their pull and have them blow themselves up.
  • Vaqual
    Vaqual
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am so annoyed by this NB set already
  • Ezhh
    Ezhh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorc set honestly feels like it's having an identity crisis.

For PvE in trials/dungeons:
    • Not a DD set because it has armour/hp.
    • Not a tank set because it has damage.
    • Not a healer set because it has armour/hp.
    (Just for clarity, I'm talking organised groups with at least basic optimisation. You can argue anything is fine to run in a pug or casual group, but that doesn't make it a good option.)

Usually this would make me think "ahhh, PvP set". But no, damage is only to monsters, so won't work in PvP unless you want to stack some more hp/armour with a tiny bit of damage while running a pet, and then I'm pretty sure there are better options.

So it's for solo arenas? I'm again pretty sure there are way better options.

The first sorc set was deeply flawed to the point of being unusable. Now we have something that's at best extremely niche and probably just useless.
  • Silaf
    Silaf
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mah... more useless sets to add to the infinite collection. Wake me up when something will finally replace pillar of nirn.
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That sorc set could be pretty spicy if the condition only applied to toggled pets.

They really, really, need to exclude the Atro ult from the "pet active" switches.

Absolutely not! Only my sorcs that use pets use Atro, and I want it’s damage buffed by Deadric Prey. If you’re saying that no other sorc ultimate is worthwhile, that is what needs to be changed! No sense nerfing pet sorc to shoe horn a temporary pet into semi-no-pet sorc — what?
    Edited by Araneae6537 on July 5, 2024 3:03PM
  • Lalothen
    Lalothen
    ✭✭✭✭
    They really, really, need to exclude the Atro ult from the "pet active" switches.

I don't think exceptions should be arbitrarily created just because Atro is overloaded for group PvE compared to the other Sorc ults. An alternative scenario could be to give Atro a generic shock damage synergy, and to add Major Berserk to Negate as a buff that applies to up to 12 allies standing within the Ult's radius. The healing morph could also work like Zena's, i.e. players who leave Absorption Field get a lingering Major Berserk buff (or the healing version could offer a different buff altogether tbh).

Then you have a choice: the higher DPS Atro ult, or the more group-supportive Negate ult.

• Yamenstein
    Yamenstein
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alaztor91 wrote: »
    BasP wrote: »
    Necromancer: Corpseburster
    • 2 items: Adds 129 Weapon and Spell Damage
    • 3 items: Adds 129 Weapon and Spell Damage
    • 4 items: Adds 657 Critical Chance
    • 5 items: Consuming a corpse causes the corpse to explode, dealing 2805 Magic Damage to enemies within 5 meters. This effect can occur once every 0.5 seconds. Increase the damage by 10% for each Grave Lord ability on your skill bar.

0.5 seconds CD? Why is this not a higher CD like for example 5s with increased explosion damage? Even if you spam Detonating Siphon to trigger this effect you would only be able to consume the Corpses from Blastbones, Skeletal Mage and <Scribing Spammable with Necro class mastery script>.

I know that you would get better results clearing trash or in a boss fight with multiple adds, but I would prefer if the CD and damage were increased so the set has more uses. Maybe there are some skill changes coming with U43 that increase Corpse generation/consumption but after the whole GLS situation I seriously doubt it.

Just going to be another useless set. I was thinking maybe deaden pain might be pretty sick with this. But 0.5 sec timer so probably not.

I firmly believe ZoS just make useless sets because the only variety they care for is the casual player base. Make something flashy. Oh it’s completely useless? That’s alright is just for them RP feels.

Will there be changes to any of these sets ? I wouldn’t hold my breath on it. Not unless the devs themselves don’t like the sets.
    Crown Crates are a trap. Don't fall for the gamble! Balance? What Balance? Balance, smellance.
    Necro for them RP feels.
  • Kavar162
    Kavar162
    ✭✭✭
    If the set goes live, when I see a NB in cyro, I'm just leaving the area. Feels like they are playing a different game at this point..
  • KlauthWarthog
    KlauthWarthog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    BasP wrote: »
    Nightblade: Umbral Edge
    • 2 items: Adds 1206 Maximum Health
    • 3 items: Adds 1487 Armor
    • 4 items: Adds 1096 Maximum Stamina
    • 5 items: When you cast a Shadow ability, you gain Umbral Riposte for 3 seconds, up to once every 5 seconds. Umbral Riposte causes you to dodge the next attach made against you and automatically curses the attacking enemy, applying Major Vulnerability for 5 seconds, increasing their damage taken by 10%.

... holy magikarp, in which alternate dimension could this be misconstrued as sane and/or balanced?

I might have to reconsider this comment somewhat, given that they are moving Veiled Strike out of the Shadow skill line in this update. The heal morph of cloak might still get crazy will this set, but it is no longer attached to a strong spammable.
  • cptscotty
    cptscotty
    ✭✭✭
    How on earth do they have zero understanding of how to make a good set for Sorc.

This one has 2-4 pc lines that you'd expect to see on a PVP focused set, but the damage bonus doesn't work in PVP.
    The stat lines are awful for PVE, but the damage bonus only works in PVE.... except yet again when you cast your Atro it stops working. What are they thinking?!

if they just changed it to *non-ultimate* pets and changed the 5pc bonus to 8% Damage and Doubles against monsters (and maybe reworked the 2-4 pc lines) it'd be fine, but it also has like, zero interaction with the class skills other than being messed up by pets for DDs.

Not to mention monolith of storms is still hot garbage (unless they completely reworked in in the forthcoming patch notes).

Seems like it would work in PVP as you would have pets in PVP normally and thus giving you more survivability. Remove the pets and can make up the loss of healing with the healing bonus.
  • AllenaNightWood
    AllenaNightWood
    ✭✭✭
    really was hopping for a NB set that went with assassination skills
  • Yudo
    Yudo
    ✭✭✭
    cptscotty wrote: »
    How on earth do they have zero understanding of how to make a good set for Sorc.

This one has 2-4 pc lines that you'd expect to see on a PVP focused set, but the damage bonus doesn't work in PVP.
    The stat lines are awful for PVE, but the damage bonus only works in PVE.... except yet again when you cast your Atro it stops working. What are they thinking?!

if they just changed it to *non-ultimate* pets and changed the 5pc bonus to 8% Damage and Doubles against monsters (and maybe reworked the 2-4 pc lines) it'd be fine, but it also has like, zero interaction with the class skills other than being messed up by pets for DDs.

Not to mention monolith of storms is still hot garbage (unless they completely reworked in in the forthcoming patch notes).

Seems like it would work in PVP as you would have pets in PVP normally and thus giving you more survivability. Remove the pets and can make up the loss of healing with the healing bonus.

In my experience non-pet sorc is more common in pvp, so for the damage buff to not apply in pvp is a drawback.