Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

ESO Live today ..wow

DUTCH_REAPER
DUTCH_REAPER
✭✭✭✭✭
The entire chat BLEW up with “we need more slots” “make furnish craft bag” “allow us to decon furnishings we craft” and it totally fell on deaf ears for a Big Housing update live presentation.

Dungeon shoulders are curatable now(meaning guaranteed drop for what you don’t have, no more wasting keys) as well as pvp gear set items.
Some new colors for some skills.
Mount preview changes and guild store look back

Some cool things with the new sets from IA and new IA arenas but the housing….man what a bummer.
Edited by DUTCH_REAPER on July 3, 2024 6:51PM
  • DragonRacer
    DragonRacer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    For those who missed the stream/were unaware it happened… what was the housing update news?
    PS5 NA. GM of The PTK's - a free trading guild (CP 500+). Also a werewolf, bites are free when they're available. PSN = DragonRacer13
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The sorcerer set actually looks useful this time around, as do some of the other class sets.
  • DUTCH_REAPER
    DUTCH_REAPER
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They allow you to “showcase homes” for people to visit and rate it. That was it for housing besides showing us some new homes. Everybody was sure we were gonna get more slots. But Nope.
  • DenverRalphy
    DenverRalphy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For those who missed the stream/were unaware it happened… what was the housing update news?

A new method to list your house for public viewing added to the Activity Finder. That's it for housing. Pretty disappointing IMHO.
  • LukosCreyden
    LukosCreyden
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Anyone got links to the new sets? I couldn't see them on mobile
    Struggling to find a new class to call home.Please send help.
  • Ranthuk
    Ranthuk
    ✭✭✭
    Yea it's a worthless update for housing, we already did this with a spreadsheet
  • DragonRacer
    DragonRacer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yeah, that’s… seriously underwhelming. And a rating ability just seems completely open to trolling so that immediately kills any interest in listing houses.

Definitely about 100 other needed housing updates that could have happened instead, but alas.

Thanks for filling me in. Somehow I totally missed news about a stream today so I was confused LOL
    PS5 NA. GM of The PTK's - a free trading guild (CP 500+). Also a werewolf, bites are free when they're available. PSN = DragonRacer13
  • EF321
    EF321
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    jaws343 wrote: »
    The sorcerer set actually looks useful this time around, as do some of the other class sets.

What is your idea for it?
  • DUTCH_REAPER
    DUTCH_REAPER
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah unfortunately the only things worth mentioning as epic are

PvP gear is now curatable meaning you are guaranteed pieces you don’t know from a set AND so are dungeon shoulders. Which is epic bc it’s about time lol. No more wasting keys.

Oh and the new IA arenas and class sets look nice and are usable probably.
    Edited by DUTCH_REAPER on July 3, 2024 6:34PM
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The entire chat BLEW up with “we need more slots” “make furnish craft bag” “allow us to decon furnishings we craft” and it totally fell on deaf ears for a Big Housing update live presentation.

Some cool things with the new sets from IA and new IA arenas but the housing….man what a bummer.

Those were unrealistic anyway. I’m not surprised they didn’t derail the stream to address that as people would still be unhappy with “no,” regardless of it being explained — as indeed it has been officially but people seem to think that explanation has expired or something.

Regarding IA, I hope the new marauders aren’t on the level of Gothmau! :sweat_smile: The new additions sound fun and I’m glad they’re adding variety, including visual, but keeping within the Apocrypha theme. Hopefully the rewards for the new quest will be currency so we can get what we want. I am sooo not into the class sets with their enforced glowy fx.
    Edited by Araneae6537 on July 3, 2024 9:33PM
  • DUTCH_REAPER
    DUTCH_REAPER
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It’s code man. They can rewrite it. But why should they when you buy these epic furnishings and can only have 10 in a home and you need another home to showcase them? It’s all about money. Always has been always will be.
  • OsUfi
    OsUfi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Luminous ink in treasure chests and heavy sacks is a nice addition. We're also getting new skills styles. "Remember last guild store" when banking is sooo overdue. Happy to hear that's coming. The new sets in Infinite Archive, I only play necro, and the idea of bursting corpses when consumed as a set effect sounds fun and unique.

• DUTCH_REAPER
    DUTCH_REAPER
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OsUfi wrote: »
    Luminous ink in treasure chests and heavy sacks is a nice addition. We're also getting new skills styles. "Remember last guild store" when banking is sooo overdue. Happy to hear that's coming. The new sets in Infinite Archive, I only play necro, and the idea of bursting corpses when consumed as a set effect sounds fun and unique.

Oh yeah and also the new colors for some other skills.
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, that’s… seriously underwhelming. And a rating ability just seems completely open to trolling so that immediately kills any interest in listing houses.

Wait until they introduce a ranking list for that and call it a new PvP feature :D
    @Syldras | PC | EU
    The forceful expression of will gives true honor to the Ancestors.
    Sarayn Andrethi, Telvanni mage (Main)
    Darvasa Andrethi, his "I'm NOT a Necromancer!" sister
    Malacar Sunavarlas, Altmer Ayleid vampire
  • KlauthWarthog
    KlauthWarthog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I will withhold judgement until I see the PTS patch notes. Q3 is also supposed to be about bug fixes, and that list would not make a guest appearance on the live stream.
  • EF321
    EF321
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yeah unfortunately the only things worth mentioning as epic are

PvP gear is now curatable meaning you are guaranteed pieces you don’t know from a set AND so are dungeon shoulders. Which is epic bc it’s about time lol. No more wasting keys.

Oh and the new IA arenas and class sets look nice and are usable probably.

By PvP gear did they mean only Worthy/BG reward coffers, or AP/TV purchasable as well? I didn't quite understand.
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    EF321 wrote: »
    jaws343 wrote: »

What is your idea for it?

It's an interesting looking solo archive set. Or solo dungeon set. Adds a bit of mitigation, with more health when using a pet, or a ton of damage without one. Would fit right into my solo build alongside False God.
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    i don't get how anybody expected more furnishing slots despite being told really recently that we aren't getting them.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/658726/follow-up-q-a-from-eso-10-year-celebration-event-community-roundtable/p1

Q: Will we ever get proper guild halls in ESO?
    A: We love the idea of guild halls in ESO and recognize that our community has asked for them since the game launched. We have had many internal conversations about them over the years. The current challenge is the necessary caps. Much like the item limit caps in player housing, there is also a limit to how many characters can simultaneously be in a player home (it’s 25). As with items, these caps are in place to ensure that players on lower spec machines don’t encounter significant performance issues while in player homes.

i love the update.
    home tours seem nice to me, the rating thing i dont know exactly but i just like that we will be able to list our homes.

q3 updates usually have new master writ and structural plans too which i can't wait to see.
    and the two new homes are beautiful.

the quality of life improvements are nice too.
    the new Archive updates look pretty and 6 new skill styles are cool.
    miaow! i'm Luna ( she/her ).

🌸*throws cherry blossom on you*🌸
    "Eagles advance, traveler! And may the Green watch and keep you."
    🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
  • AzuraFan
    AzuraFan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm wondering how companions will fare in the new ice and fire sections of the IA. Both sections have hazards. The ice section has water that drains health, and the fire section has thingies that hurl fireballs at the character. My bet is that companions will stand in the water and let the fire rain down on them. So unless there's a decent update to the companion AI to account for these hazards, this will be yet another feature that doesn't factor in companions at all.

I'll be curious to see what players report when they take companions into these new sections on the PTS.
  • Darkmage1337
    Darkmage1337
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, IMHO, that was the most disappointing ESO Live to date. Very sad. :neutral:
    ESO Platform/Region: PC/NA. ESO ID: @Darkmage1337
    GM of Absolute Virtue. Co-GM of Absolute Vice. 8-time Former Emperor, out of 13 characters. 3 Templars, 3 Sorcerers, 2 Nightblades, 2 Dragonknights, 1 Warden. 1 Necromancer, and 1 Arcanist. The Ebonheart Pact: The Dark-Mage (Former Emperor), The Undying Nightshade, The Moonlit-Knight, The Killionaire (Former Emperor), Swims-Among-Slaughterfish (Former Emperor), The Undead Mage, and The Dark-Warlock. The Aldmeri Dominion: The Dawn-Bringer (Former Empress), The Ironwood Kid (Former Emperor), and The Storm-Sword. The Daggerfall Covenant: The Storm-Shield (Former Empress), The Savage-Beast, and The Burning-Crusader CP: 1,900.
  • kind_hero
    kind_hero
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My reaction was... wait, what, is this all?

I mean listing the homes is a great feature, but this isn't a major update, it doesn't add anything new to housing that wasn't really available with mods. And the new houses are cool, but they add houses all the time, so it's not like anything groundbreaking.

I very much disliked the fact they have totally ignored the issue of slots and item counts, such as having more NPCs or pets inside houses. Everyone even remotely interested into housing considers slots to be the most important thing to upgrade, and they haven't even addressed the issue.

Even a upgrade of the luxury vendor would have been more welcomed.

I am not so much into visiting houses, I would rather spent time building something for myself. I can't understand why there can't be more furnishing items, structural items from various architecture styles etc, there are a ton of items in game that can be furnishings, and they focus on visiting other houses instead of creating new content...
    [PC/EU] Tamriel Hero, Stormproof, Grand Master Crafter
  • Darkmage1337
    Darkmage1337
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I encourage anyone to go watch the recording, if you didn't see it live.
    "Uhhmmm" was uttered more times than I have ever heard in my life.
    The chat was totally ignored. ESO Live is normally more interactive.
    Update 43 will be one of the most disappointing updates, to date.
    I really hope ZOS delivers on Update 44, with PvP & companions.
    Edited by Darkmage1337 on July 3, 2024 7:37PM
    ESO Platform/Region: PC/NA. ESO ID: @Darkmage1337
    GM of Absolute Virtue. Co-GM of Absolute Vice. 8-time Former Emperor, out of 13 characters. 3 Templars, 3 Sorcerers, 2 Nightblades, 2 Dragonknights, 1 Warden. 1 Necromancer, and 1 Arcanist. The Ebonheart Pact: The Dark-Mage (Former Emperor), The Undying Nightshade, The Moonlit-Knight, The Killionaire (Former Emperor), Swims-Among-Slaughterfish (Former Emperor), The Undead Mage, and The Dark-Warlock. The Aldmeri Dominion: The Dawn-Bringer (Former Empress), The Ironwood Kid (Former Emperor), and The Storm-Sword. The Daggerfall Covenant: The Storm-Shield (Former Empress), The Savage-Beast, and The Burning-Crusader CP: 1,900.
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Luminous ink in treasure chests and heavy sacks is a nice addition.

Guaranteed drops, or just a tiny chance, a la crafting nodes and mobs?

Edit: watched the stream. Seems like it’s just another potential source of ink, and little more than that. Disappointing. The problem with ink is not the variety of sources that drop it; the problem with ink is the extremely low drop rate / poor RNG experienced by many of us while attempting to farm it…
    Edited by Aurielle on July 3, 2024 7:53PM
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I remember at least one thread where someone practically begged for players to have the ability to post their housing for the general playerbase to see-- I think they were talking about player-designed "dungeons" and the like. That was the first thing I thought of when I was watching the stream (with the chat window closed)-- that ZOS heard and thought it was an idea worth pursuing. Personally, I think it will be interesting. Spreadsheets for that are okay, I guess, except how could they let you visit any creations other than the ones you already know about? This looks and sounds like a neat idea to me.
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Did they happen to mention if they’re changing Plentiful Harvest to be able to proc on those sources? Currently it cannot, which would mean no double Ink from there.
  • Alpheu5
    Alpheu5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    LunaFlora wrote: »
    i don't get how anybody expected more furnishing slots despite being told really recently that we aren't getting them.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/658726/follow-up-q-a-from-eso-10-year-celebration-event-community-roundtable/p1

Q: Will we ever get proper guild halls in ESO?
    A: We love the idea of guild halls in ESO and recognize that our community has asked for them since the game launched. We have had many internal conversations about them over the years. The current challenge is the necessary caps. Much like the item limit caps in player housing, there is also a limit to how many characters can simultaneously be in a player home (it’s 25). As with items, these caps are in place to ensure that players on lower spec machines don’t encounter significant performance issues while in player homes.

Their reasoning for the item limit has never made sense. A single fork and a structure with particle effects and a toggleable light source take up the same capacity, but I seriously doubt they have the same impact on performance.

ON-furnishing-Rough_Fork%2C_Common.jpg

600px-ON-furnishing-Ayleid_Lightwell.jpg

There are exterior cells in the base game way more densely decorated than we have the ability to do in equivalent instanced spaces, even with ESO+, but those aren't a problem for "lower spec machines". If performance is their concern, they should scrap the flat furnishing limit and instead have a poly budget per house that matches their own limitations.
    Dalek-Rok - Argonian Sorcerer || Dalek-Shād - Argonian Nightblade || Dalek-Shul - Argonian Templar || Dalek-Xal - Argonian Dragonknight || Mounts-the-Snout - Argonian Warden || Dalek-Xul - Argonian Necromancer || Two-Spires - Argonian Arcanist || Dalek-Nesh - Argonian Sorcerer || Dalek-Kör - Argonian Dragonknight
    Don't incorporate bugs into your builds, and you won't have [an] issue.
  • Photosniper89
    Photosniper89
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Everything about the way this was done was just bad.

I mean from the first seconds of the stream it was bad. The delivery of what they were going to do was bad, and the fact that they continue to not listen to the community and just do random stuff no one is asking for is also bad.

Bad. Bad. Bad.
  • DinoZavr
    DinoZavr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    in my humble understanding: very disappointing.

Zeni built up a hype promising a BIG housing feature.
    i was expecting furnishing deconstruction at the very least, increasing items limits at least twice, furnishing bag similar to a craftbag - any of these could be really big and very much demanded by the players community features.
    What we are getting?: a catalogue. Of course, it means some extra database load for Zeni, but in my humble view - it is not anything BIG or BOLD. why not to listen to players, dear @ZOS ?
    PC EU
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    virtus753 wrote: »

Did they happen to mention if they’re changing Plentiful Harvest to be able to proc on those sources? Currently it cannot, which would mean no double Ink from there.

No mention of that whatsoever. No discussion of drop rates, no discussion of the disappointment so many of us have had with scribing due to the low amount of ink available. Just a couple of seconds spent mentioning that ink will now be able to drop from treasure chests and heavy sacks.
  • Luke_Flamesword
    Luke_Flamesword
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Their reasoning for the item limit has never made sense. A single fork and a structure with particle effects and a toggleable light source take up the same capacity, but I seriously doubt they have the same impact on performance.
    Well, it make sense, because problem probably is not with rendering but loading items data - every placed object have specific coordinates of placement and other data (x,y,z axis, rotatation, etc), which we have to load. When you have to load all that data of 700 object - it's a lot. When it be for example 1500 - well, it may crash game on lower machines.
    PC | EU | DC |Stam Dk Breton