Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Molag Bal Polymorph with Shackled Titan Mount

Nuolong
Nuolong
✭✭
I just wanted to share my opinion on the special anchor summon effect that appears when you have the Molag Bal polymorph equipped with the Shackled Titan mount. I think it's a cool effect and interaction between the two collectibles, but I don't think it's a good idea to have the polymorph required active to show it. I don't think it's great either that we need to gamble for another Apex in the same crate to get it.

I would have expected that the mount have a cool base summoning animation, and a separate or more extra effect if you have the polymorph. Or at least make it so that the effect will remain as long as you have the polymorph unlocked - I think many of us would agree that it sucks to be locked into wearing this polymorph that strips your entire character's identity just to show this extra effect. The radiant mount on its own without the polymorph is really underwhelming.

Reference video
  • ralphylauren
    ralphylauren
    ✭✭✭✭
    100% agree with everything said here
  • ivelbob
    ivelbob
    ✭✭✭
    Agreed. Considering how plain the base summoning animation looks compared to recent radiant apexes, I find it more likely that the elaborate dark anchor effect was the original concept. But it was later stripped out to create a new incentive to gamble for the polymorph. It's a business experiment to see if these 'extra effects' can drive more crate purchases.
  • tsaescishoeshiner
    tsaescishoeshiner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I find the base summoning animation pretty cool as is, and the Molag Bal one way too flashy. So for my tastes, I prefer it as-is.

I'm not a fan of the polymorphs in general, but a unique animation like this is a cool idea, but too restrictive to people having both of these effects active.

If it was a more general effect, like getting a gathering animation or recall locked to a polymorph, that wouldn't restrict people to certain combos.
    PC-NA
    in-game: @tsaescishoeshiner
  • meekmiko
    meekmiko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just seems extra scummy to have it locked behind not only a 2.5k Gem /16k Seals mount but also a 400 Gem/8k Seals Polymorph.
    You're either paying high amounts of Gems or Seals (2.9k Gems/24k Seals in Total) and/or stuck gambling potentially hundreds (or more) dollars for just an extra effect. :/
    Edited by meekmiko on June 20, 2024 6:37PM
    🌟PC/NA CP2025+ [Been playing since 2016]
    JUSTICE FOR APEX CAMELS 🐪✨ Bring 'em back!
    vMA / vVH / vDSA / vBRP / vAA HM / vSO HM / vHRC HM / vMoL HM / vHoF HM / vAS+1 & +1 / vCR+2 / vSS / vKA/ vRG
    • 🌩️ 🏹 EP - Jessamine Seed-Nightrun, Dro-m'Athra Destroyer / Bosmer StamSorc (DPS) -Main DPS-
    • ☀️ 🛡️ EP - Mihi'Mai-Ra, Plague of Peryite / Khajiit StamPlar (Tank) -Main Tank-
    • ☀️ ✨ EP - Lady Lapa'au, The Magnanimous / Khajiit MagPlar (Healer) -Main Healer-
    • 🌩️ ☄️ EP - Ra'venk, Style Master / Khajiit MagSorc (DPS)
    • 🗡️ ⚔️ EP - Bird gra-Shuzgub, Forge Breaker / Orc StamBlade (DPS)
    • 🗡️ ✨ EP - Blades-at-the-Ready, Witch / Argonian MagBlade (Healer)
    • ☀️ ⚔️ EP - Lady Fortuna the Blessed, Grand Champion / Imperial StamPlar (DPS)
    • 🔥 🛡️ EP - Plays-in Volcanoes, Mystic / Argonian StamDK (Tank)
    • 💀 ☄️ EP - Ko'shamari the Doomweaver, Dovahkriid / Khajiit MagNecro (DPS)
    • 🌱 ✨ EP - Sorvete, Countess / Khajiit StamDen (Healer)
    • 🔥 🏹 EP - Falora Veloth, The Merciless / Dunmer StamDK (DPS)
    • 🌩️ 🛡️ AD - Shimmers-with-Static, Spark of Vengeance / Argonian StamSorc (Tank)
    • ☀️ ⚔️ EP - Amarri-do the Magnificent, Clan Mother / Khajiit StamPlar (DPS)
    • 🌩️ ⚔️ EP - Z'majii-dar the Quick, Battlegrounds Butcher / Khajiit StamSorc (DPS)
    • 🔥 ⚔️ EP - Habasi the Glamorous, Seeker of Artifacts / Khajiit StamDK (DPS)
    • 🗡️ 🛡️ EP - Yana-la the Iron Lotus, Silver Knight / Khajiit StamBlade (Tank)
    • 👁️ ☄️ EP - Mog gra-Ushug the Scholar, Master Historian / Orc MagCanist (DPS)
    • 👁️ 🛡️ EP - Mamaea the Sledgehammer, Alpha Predator / Khajiit StamCanist (Tank)
    • 👁️ 🏹 EP - Elsyiir Lichenhollow, Lady / Bosmer StamCanist (DPS)
    • 💀 🛡️ EP - Vashpurri-do the Corrupt, Alpha Predator / Khajiit StamNecro (Tank)
    • & I only dabble on the PC/EU server sometimes:
    • 🗡️ ⚔️ AD - Jessamine Seed-Nightrun / Bosmer StamBlade (DPS)
    • 🌩️ ⚔️ EP - Sings-a-Song-of-Storms / Argonian StamSorc (DPS)
    • 🗡️ ☄️ DC - Helainie the Shadebringer / Breton MagBlade (DPS)
    • 🌩️ ☄️ EP - Steals-Many-Hearts / Argonian MagSorc (DPS)
    • 🗡️ ⚔️ AD - Pashet the Nimble / Khajiit StamBlade (DPS)
    • 🔥 🏹☄️ EP - Furoni the Ember / Dunmer HybridDK (DPS)
    • 👁️ ☄️ EP - Am-Kesh / Argonian MagCanist (DPS)
    • 🔥 ⚔️ AD - Eldrinthr the Flame-Heart / Bosmer StamDK (DPS)
    • 👁️ ☄️ AD - Bajaa the Blackened Beast / Khajiit MagNecro (DPS)
    • 💀 ⚔️ AD - Vashpurri-do the Corrupt / Khajiit StamNecro (DPS)
  • Cellithor
    Cellithor
    Yeah I got the Polymorph, but no such luck on the Shackled Titan. So glad that I’ll have to get on ZOS’ scummy little gambling merry-go-round if I ever want this mount. The gem cost should really be lower.
  • valenwood_vegan
    valenwood_vegan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There may have been cutbacks in other areas of the game, but someone is certainly putting in the work to come up with more ways to milk people who are into crates.
  • Aorys
    Aorys
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would prefer to see my own character mounted + the anchor effect but It was not a bad idea at all.
  • HappyTheCamper
    HappyTheCamper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don’t like making Daedric princes into polymorphs. Random players shouldn’t be able to change their appearance to reflect gods. The Umaril one was already on the fence for me personally.
  • KaosWarMonk
    KaosWarMonk
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don’t like making Daedric princes into polymorphs. Random players shouldn’t be able to change their appearance to reflect gods. The Umaril one was already on the fence for me personally.

Very much agree with this sentiment.
  • Nuolong
    Nuolong
    ✭✭

I agree, polymorphs should just be generalized. I'm not a fan of polymorphs in general, but a polymorph to become a specific character is kind of weird. I don't see the appeal, and Daedric princes especially, it looks way too silly seeing players running around looking like that.
  • fyrann
    fyrann
    ✭✭✭
    100% agree.
  • thadjarvis
    thadjarvis
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nuolong wrote: »

I agree, polymorphs should just be generalized. I'm not a fan of polymorphs in general, but a polymorph to become a specific character is kind of weird. I don't see the appeal, and Daedric princes especially, it looks way too silly seeing players running around looking like that.

Is it any less silly seeing 10000s of avatars that all defeated Bal running around?
  • Nuolong
    Nuolong
    ✭✭
    thadjarvis wrote: »
    Is it any less silly seeing 10000s of avatars that all defeated Bal running around?

Considering players don’t look exactly alike, yes, that’s a lot less silly.
  • bruta
    bruta
    ✭✭✭✭
    thanks for the video, gonna grab the cultist senche instead
  • AMAI460
    AMAI460
    ✭✭✭
    I do hope they give us the ability as long as you own the Polymorph you can still get the summoning animation for the mount. I don't like the Molag morph,
  • Fischblut
    Fischblut
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    bruta wrote: »
    thanks for the video, gonna grab the cultist senche instead

Can you please make showcase video for that mount if you get it? :)

Also, for the original post, thank you for making the showcase of Shackled Titan! Daedric Titans are my favorite type of Molag's minions, they are the only ones whom I would purchase as House Guests, and one of my characters shares blood with Bogdan the Nighflame :smiley:
    I appreciate that the basic body was modified, and the armor is so intricate and beautiful! I sometimes open the store and just preview this mount with Speed upgrade to admire the look o:)

But I would love to hear more sounds of it (giddy up, idle, jump) and see special housing/character select screen idle animation :blush:

The roar sounds epic with actual Titan voice, but I'm not sure if other sounds are from Titan as well... I'm also not a big fan of heavyweight body model for this particular creature :'(Titans are large and agile creatures at the same time, and bodies of Heavyweight mounts are not agile at all.

Plus, there is no giddy up voice in Molag Bal Illusion polymorph, which makes all mounts less epic.
    And the voice which our character uses when Heavyweight mount roars does not fit the epic scene of Titan roaring. I'm still not sure if I want to buy Shackled Titan, so I demonstrate it on other Heavyweight mount:

https://youtu.be/tqBE9ivrAp8

Underwhelming combo... But the animation of the rider pointing their hand forward as the command to charge is very fitting! Too bad that there is no voice for that in this case.

Compare it to awesome voice lines when Canine mount howls with Molag Bal rider:

https://youtu.be/dWjhHIcM_DY

This would make epic combination with Titan mount <3

And just an example of voice which could be used for mount "giddy up" action on this polymorph:

https://youtu.be/SOBDMP07iHY

Canine mounts can appear huge with help of armor and some additional body morphs (like spikes on Shackled Titan model), but they have much more agile bodies and awesome "rearing up" combo with their rider.

I also can't form one opinion on this new feature of "combine Apex item with Radiant Apex item for new effect".
    - It's very cool combo and bonus option for showing off.
    - for the price of 2500 gem mount and 400 gem polymorph, the Dark Anchor effect should be part of roaring, and/or should be bigger and form into solid matter from the ghostly effect.
    - It's very expensive combo. The 2500 gems mount has not enough epic effects for the price, so the Dark Anchor effect could add value to that price, without need to spend more.
    - What if my character has Xivkyn polymorph and wants to appear with Dark Anchor effect on this mount? Not possible, and it limits roleplay options. Dark Anchor effect should be toggle in Collections. BONUS: this effect could be even applied to any mount you own if you also have Molag Bal polymorph, and could be selected/disabled in Customized Actions > Mount summons. For that awesome feature, I would purchase this mount even now with all other flaws I see in it ;)
  • Nuolong
    Nuolong
    ✭✭
    Fischblut wrote: »
    snip
    - for the price of 2500 gem mount and 400 gem polymorph, the Dark Anchor effect should be part of roaring, and/or should be bigger and form into solid matter from the ghostly effect.
    - It's very expensive combo. The 2500 gems mount has not enough epic effects for the price, so the Dark Anchor effect could add value to that price, without need to spend more.
    - What if my character has Xivkyn polymorph and wants to appear with Dark Anchor effect on this mount? Not possible, and it limits roleplay options. Dark Anchor effect should be toggle in Collections. BONUS: this effect could be even applied to any mount you own if you also have Molag Bal polymorph, and could be selected/disabled in Customized Actions > Mount summons. For that awesome feature, I would purchase this mount even now with all other flaws I see in it ;)

I agree, the heavyweight model is kind of odd for the titan, since I think a big selling point of the mount is that it looks like a unique model, even though it has the heavyweight base that is built so funkily.

Also agree that the effect does seem underwhelming for the fact that it needs to be combined with the polymorph. It matches the level of effect of other crates’ 2500 mounts, which don’t have a 400 gem poly attached.

I’m glad we’re all agreeing that the poly shouldn’t have to be actively equipped to show the effect. IMO there is not that much appeal in having a specific poly active, unless you’re roleplaying as Molag Bal itself which is really limited 😂

And true, there should be something extra, maybe a repeat of the anchor for the roar effect. Hopefully ZOS will take our suggestions into consideration and adjust this mount, even if they don’t usually make adjustments.
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for letting us notice. Was about to spend my seals on the mount. Displeasured to see that a cool effect is locked behind even more gambling/ seals. I guess I'll pass.
  • TDVM
    TDVM
    ✭✭✭✭
    I do not consider it something bad, I like this mechanic when a mount has additional animations if you are in polymorph molag bala, again it is polymorph molag bala, and as an additional animation for a single mount in principle can be ignored, but if this will be in the future with every ordinary polymorph (not the prince of daedra) then we can ask serious questions and demand answers.

I would like something like that more, but with titles, with styles of dress or costumes.

Most likely in the future will be polymorphs of other Daedra princes, but if the Molag Bal still on the average grade "will do" because of the legs, the others may be serious questions, again if they add them.