Maintenance for the week of July 1:
· [COMPLETE] NA megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] EU megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
· [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

How do you farm Script Scraps for Class Mastery Script? (Answered)

• Cooperharley
    Cooperharley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. Dungeons - a random normal will give you 1 per character per day. A random veteran will give you 2 per character per day
    2. Weekly trial quest - gives you 3 (I believe). I did nHOF for the lead yesterday and just did the quest tied to it and got 1. I believe this has been confirmed to be per character.
    3. Maelstrom Arena - nMA gives you 1, vMA gives you 3. This has been confirmed to be per character.
    4. Master Writs - you get 1 each day from doing any type of these. Not 1 PER TYPE, but 1 TOTAL. Not sure if it’s per character or account wide.
    5. IA daily quest (1 arc and killing Tho’at) nets you 1. Just did this one 1 character yesterday, so not sure if it’s per character or account wide.

That’s all I had time to do yesterday. I believe getting on the leaderboard for arenas, trials, etc will give you some as well. Also remember with account wide achievements, every character works towards it!
    ESO YouTube Content Creator & Templar Tank/Healer Main
    Options
  • dk_dunkirk
    dk_dunkirk
    ✭✭✭
    CGPsaint wrote: »
    sarahthes wrote: »
    CrashTest wrote: »
    Jerdeh wrote: »
    You will get 25 by becoming crowned as emperor in cyrodiil.

This shows just how out of touch ZOS is with the playerbase.

Why? Scribing is designed for PvP, after all.

As well as for everyone else. Why shouldn't PvPers get good sources in the content they run?

Getting emp is a serious grind. I’ve been doing PvP for years and never got it. Probably never will.

Not only is it a rather time-consuming grind, but there are also quite a few groups that hold Emp hostage unless you're willing to pay them to "let you Emp."

I saw a guy spamming zone chat about selling trifectas. I bit. He said it was 500M gold. After I picked my jaw up off the floor, and thought about it, I figured it was kind of fair. You're asking 11 other people to do the achievement, probably without your help, and it has to be worth each of their times. About 50M each? Eh. If it was mean, I mean, I guess I'd do it for half that, but I can't.

I saw all of this to say: Given that becoming Emperor seems much HARDER than a trial trifecta, I can't IMAGINE how much it must cost to get one of these guilds to let you Emp. I mean, at least if you fail a trial trifecta, you can just restart. Who knows how long it would take for your score and the map situation -- while everyone else is ALSO fighting for it -- to line up to have a shot to even have someone LET you have it?
    Options
  • dk_dunkirk
    dk_dunkirk
    ✭✭✭
    Lylith wrote: »
    or you can grind for hours and fail and get nothing for your time.

marvelous.

i also completed arc 1 and got no script scrap.

zos hates me.

Don't worry; you're in good company.
    Options
  • BergisMacBride
    BergisMacBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    4. Master Writs - you get 1 each day from doing any type of these. Not 1 PER TYPE, but 1 TOTAL. Not sure if it’s per character or account wide.

This is per account. I tried this the first day but the second char did not get the scrap.

Regarding IA, I’ve never gotten one from the quest or from the chest after killing T’hoat. Only thing I can think of is I am still receiving the other collectibles for the achievements. Maybe it won’t drop until those are completed. Perhaps it’s bugged?

Also wondering and will confirm tomorrow: Can your horde the scroll quest boxes and just use one each day to get the scraps? I was online this morning when PC\NA Blackreach was capturing all the scrolls. Was able to get 6 boxes but only opened one. Hoping I can get another 20 out of them the next 5 days.

Options
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    from the pve side trials seem to be the best drops of class mastery scraps for me

normal or vet trial completion got me 2 (not sure if it is per trial or per character, but i did 2 different trials on sunday and got scraps from both)

the weekly trial quest coffers also seem to give scraps, and this amount varies a good bit (ive gotten 2 or 3 from these) and there also seems to be no cooldown if you had them stocked up (someone in our trial group on sunday night said they had a ton of trial quest coffers and just opened them all up and got scraps in each one, finished the class mastery thing very quickly)

i also believe that the scrap drops from archive are bugged, ive received none with the repeatable daily quest, and ive not gotten any from killing tho'at across several runs (even going up to like arc 3 tho'at)
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
    Options
  • MAOofDC
    MAOofDC
    ✭✭✭✭
    dk_dunkirk wrote: »

As well as for everyone else. Why shouldn't PvPers get good sources in the content they run?

Getting emp is a serious grind. I’ve been doing PvP for years and never got it. Probably never will.

Not only is it a rather time-consuming grind, but there are also quite a few groups that hold Emp hostage unless you're willing to pay them to "let you Emp."

I saw a guy spamming zone chat about selling trifectas. I bit. He said it was 500M gold. After I picked my jaw up off the floor, and thought about it, I figured it was kind of fair. You're asking 11 other people to do the achievement, probably without your help, and it has to be worth each of their times. About 50M each? Eh. If it was mean, I mean, I guess I'd do it for half that, but I can't.

I saw all of this to say: Given that becoming Emperor seems much HARDER than a trial trifecta, I can't IMAGINE how much it must cost to get one of these guilds to let you Emp. I mean, at least if you fail a trial trifecta, you can just restart. Who knows how long it would take for your score and the map situation -- while everyone else is ALSO fighting for it -- to line up to have a shot to even have someone LET you have it?

The way this is done is, you get yourself to #1 on the leaderboard and the guild comes in and works with your faction to crown you. It is much easier to do on the lower population servers as their are fewer people actively vying for the title.
    Guild Master of the Guild <The Wrath of Sheogorath>. CHEESE AND CABBAGE FOR EVERYONE!!!

Options
  • Galeriano2
    Galeriano2
    ✭✭✭

Well which is excatly why it's rewarding You with 25 scraps. YOu get serious amount of scraps for serious task requiring serious grind.

On the side note if You know what to do getting emp takes one afternoon. Just make a new character and be prepared to dominate leaderboard on low lv campaign when it restarts, then nightcap keeps required.
    Edited by Galeriano2 on June 11, 2024 6:00PM
    Options
  • Elvenheart
    Elvenheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Lylith wrote: »
    or you can grind for hours and fail and get nothing for your time.

marvelous.

i also completed arc 1 and got no script scrap.

zos hates me.

No, ZOS likes you and wants to see you playing the game. [snip]

[edited for conspiracy theory]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on June 15, 2024 12:48PM
    Options
  • AndyMac
    AndyMac
    ✭✭✭✭
    No scraps from IA or IA leaderboard mails. Looks like more random vets for me 😁
    Andymac - Magicka DK - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror
    Options
  • Parrot1986
    Parrot1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. Dungeons - a random normal will give you 1 per character per day. A random veteran will give you 2 per character per day
    2. Weekly trial quest - gives you 3 (I believe). I did nHOF for the lead yesterday and just did the quest tied to it and got 1. I believe this has been confirmed to be per character.
    3. Maelstrom Arena - nMA gives you 1, vMA gives you 3. This has been confirmed to be per character.
    5. IA daily quest (1 arc and killing Tho’at) nets you 1. Just did this one 1 character yesterday, so not sure if it’s per character or account wide.

That’s all I had time to do yesterday. I believe getting on the leaderboard for arenas, trials, etc will give you some as well. Also remember with account wide achievements, every character works towards it!

Just to note solo arenas didn’t give me 3 per character for each clear on the same day. I got 3 for my first VMa and nothing for any other vMA that day or even vateshran.

The only per character reward I got was from the weekly leaderboard where I got 5 scraps per character that was on it.
    Options
  • Romilly
    Romilly
    ✭✭✭
    Or you could main a nightblade where the class mastery script doesn't seem to be worth it - 10% extra crit in execute range, but give up 1000 magicka/1000 stamina regen on a spammable :D
    Options
  • sarahthes
    sarahthes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Romilly wrote: »
    Or you could main a nightblade where the class mastery script doesn't seem to be worth it - 10% extra crit in execute range, but give up 1000 magicka/1000 stamina regen on a spammable :D

Once you've collected it, it's fairly cheap to unlock it for your other characters just with gold.
    Options
  • Lylith
    Lylith
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i'm 2 for 4 on the infinite archive.

seems capricious or just rng. <shrug>

hate that damned place.

Options
  • EdjeSwift
    EdjeSwift
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Keep in mind you get the first for free and any subsequent must be bought from the vendor. Once you complete the achievement the scraps don't drop anymore and excess scraps can be vendored for 100 gold.
    Antiquities Addict
    Options
  • Nilandia
    Nilandia
    ✭✭✭
    I haven't checked the Craglorn trials, but HM trial coffers have 4 scraps each. I've gotten 7 scraps from a single vSS HM run between the clear and the coffer.
    Options
  • Czeri
    Czeri
    ✭✭✭✭
    We only need 50 scraps ever, right? If so my plan of handing in one writ and doing a random normal a day will get me there in under a month with minimum effort.
    Options
  • amig186
    amig186
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's per account, unfortunately.
    Czeri wrote: »
    We only need 50 scraps ever, right? If so my plan of handing in one writ and doing a random normal a day will get me there in under a month with minimum effort.

You can also do something like nAA once a week and the grind will be done in 3 weeks.
    Edited by amig186 on June 15, 2024 8:13AM
    PC EU
    Options
  • StaticWave
    StaticWave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

When I got emp in Blackreach I had to stay up until 5 AM because the person competing with me was staying up. I remember sleeping for 5 hours and my competition was leading by 200k. I eventually got it though, but that goes to show how competitive it is.

That's also in Blackreach, btw. Getting emp in a main campaign like Greyhost would be borderline impossible for the average player who doesn't have 24 hours of free time.
    Edited by StaticWave on June 15, 2024 8:46AM
    Platform:
    PC NA

Main:
    Static Wave - AD stamsorc

Options
  • ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Source? I thought it was designed for both content spheres.
    PvE Frost Warden Main and teacher for ESO-U. Frost Warden PvE Build Article: https://eso-u.com/articles/nightingales_warden_dps_guide__frost_knight. Come Join the ESO Frost Discord to discuss everything frost!: https://discord.gg/5PT3rQX
    Options
  • CGPsaint
    CGPsaint
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    dk_dunkirk wrote: »

The couple of people that I know that ran into this during Whitestrake's Mayhem were all hit up by groups demanding 20M-25M to let them emp. This was on Xbox/NA.

I'm thinking I can bang out 5 random vet dungeons per day for 10 scraps per day, and I'll be done with this nonsense in 5 days. Easy peasy.

"Some enjoy bringing grief to others. They remind M'aiq of mudcrabs—horrible creatures, with no redeeming qualities."
    Options
  • NoticeMeArkay
    NoticeMeArkay
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got 3 for running vDSA today.
    Options
  • sarahthes
    sarahthes
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Source? I thought it was designed for both content spheres.

That is what I said, if you reread it.
    Options
  • Nathrai
    Nathrai
    ✭✭✭✭

I did IA 3 times on three different days - haven't gotten a single scrap so far.
    (Wanted to try for a fourth time today, but I got the buggy pillar guy as my last boss and don't feel like re-grinding the whole arc just to not get another scrap again.)

nMA on the other hand worked the one time I did it.

Master Writs, like others have said - only one per day and account for me.
    Azura'm s'wit
    Options
  • Lylith
    Lylith
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the only scraps i've gained in pvp were from scroll captures, nothing else seems to give them, fwiw.

ia remains iffy, i'm 2 for 5, now. :/
    Options
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got 3 for running vDSA today.

i believe any arena satisfies that drop, normal gives 1 and vet gives 3

the arena drop is only once a day per account though

the more "repeatable" sources would be like random dungeons, which you can do once per character per day (1 scrap for normal and 2 scraps for vet)

master writs are once per day per account

drops from trials are once per day per account, except for the weekly quests coffers, which can be once per character per week (so you can get multiple in a day)
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
    Options
  • allochthons
    allochthons
    ✭✭✭✭
    drops from trials are once per day per account, except for the weekly quests coffers, which can be once per character per week (so you can get multiple in a day)
    A bunch of us on console have been saving our coffers for a few weeks. Can we open multiple coffers in a row and get scraps, because the timer is on coffer DROPS, or do we have to hold off opening the coffers to once a week per character?
    Thanks.
    ETA to clarify: I know how standard coffer drops work - once per character per trial per week. I'm asking if the timer for the scraps is ALSO once per character per trial per week.

Edited by allochthons on June 17, 2024 4:40PM
    She/They
    PS5/NA
    Options
  • Varana
    Varana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    If it works like other coffers like transmutes in RotW or motif chapters in daily coffers, the timer should be on opening the coffers.
    No guarantees, though.
    Options
  • cyclonus11
    cyclonus11
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I did this yesterday and didn't get any scraps. I got one earlier in the day from a master writ - is that why?

Options
  • Shara_Wynn
    Shara_Wynn
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah.

This will be my kinda pace :D .

Options
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    My thread on the difficulty of the content to get scraps got closed, but this one does not address that. :(
    PC
    PS4/PS5
    Options