Maintenance for the week of July 1:
• NA megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

How do you farm Script Scraps for Class Mastery Script? (Answered)

tsaescishoeshiner
tsaescishoeshiner
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
There are some guides listed for what type of content drops them, but how many can you get per day? Is it just 3 from any source once per day (so, max 3/day), plus 2 for EACH random vet dungeon? Or is that per char?

Thanks, curious to hear how people are farming them! I got 3 from an Arena clear yesterday (on a char who has NOT done a single Scribing quest), and then none for finishing the Infinite Archive daily quest.

Edit:

The best ways are to do weekly trials on different characters (see notes below, normal trials are fine) and do a Master Writ once/day.

Daily sources for Class Script Scraps

Master writs: 1 per day (per account)

Normal random dungeon: 1 (per char)
Vet random dungeon: 2 (per char)

Normal arenas: 1 (per account)
Vet arenas: 3 (per account)
Weekly arena leaderboard: 5 (per char, maybe a limit of some type?)

Weekly trial quest: 2-3 (per char once per trial weekly) (stacks with the below)
Normal trial: 2 (per char)
Vet trial: 3 (per char)
HM vet trial: 4? (per char?)

Infinite Archive: Sometimes completing an Arc gives 1 scrap from the Tho'at chest. Inconsistent.

Random Daily Battlegrounds: 1
PvP scroll return quest: 4
Become Emperor: 25

Thanks to @Cooperharley, @Jsmalls, and others for the deets! If anyone has an update, @ me and I'll maybe add it to the list.
Edited by tsaescishoeshiner on June 25, 2024 6:49PM
PC-NA
in-game: @tsaescishoeshiner
  • FelisCatus
    FelisCatus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are some guides listed for what type of content drops them, but how many can you get per day? Is it just 3 from any source once per day (so, max 3/day), plus 2 for EACH random vet dungeon? Or is that per char?

Thanks, curious to hear how people are farming them! I got 3 from an Arena clear yesterday (on a char who has NOT done a single Scribing quest), and then none for finishing the Infinite Archive daily quest.

I've just been doing West Weald Dailies.
    Options
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the patch notes dont specifically mention there being a limit, but from what ive heard it sounds like its once per source

ive heard of some people in my guilds say they crafted 50 master writs, and only got drops with the first one and not from any others the same day
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
    Options
  • Jerdeh
    Jerdeh
    ✭✭✭✭
    You will get 25 by becoming crowned as emperor in cyrodiil.
    Been playing since betas 2014
    Options
  • TybaltKaine
    TybaltKaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the patch notes dont specifically mention there being a limit, but from what ive heard it sounds like its once per source

ive heard of some people in my guilds say they crafted 50 master writs, and only got drops with the first one and not from any others the same day

I can verify that. I tried to cheese Master Writs on day one and only got a single scrap. It didn't matter if the writs were different categories either. On the plus side I cleared some bank space.
    • Tybalt Kaine Khajiit Nightblade Aldmeri Dominion
    • PC/NA
    • Guildmaster- Lucky Raven
    • Knight of Marrow - Blackfeather Academy
    • Adepti- The Witches Goblet
    • Dragon Frog - Butterscotch Dragon Frog
    • "Nightblade healer huh? How does that work?"
    • "I drain the blood of our enemies and fire it into you. It's a lot less messy than it sounds, and yeah I'm basically a Vampire without the whole AGH FIRE BAD"
    Options
  • CrashTest
    CrashTest
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jerdeh wrote: »

This shows just how out of touch ZOS is with the playerbase.
    Options
  • sarahthes
    sarahthes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CrashTest wrote: »

Why? Scribing is designed for PvP, after all.

As well as for everyone else. Why shouldn't PvPers get good sources in the content they run?
    Options
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    sarahthes wrote: »

As well as for everyone else. Why shouldn't PvPers get good sources in the content they run?

Getting emp is a serious grind. I’ve been doing PvP for years and never got it. Probably never will.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

Options
  • CGPsaint
    CGPsaint
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Getting emp is a serious grind. I’ve been doing PvP for years and never got it. Probably never will.

Not only is it a rather time-consuming grind, but there are also quite a few groups that hold Emp hostage unless you're willing to pay them to "let you Emp."
    "Some enjoy bringing grief to others. They remind M'aiq of mudcrabs—horrible creatures, with no redeeming qualities."
    Options
  • tsaescishoeshiner
    tsaescishoeshiner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I assume getting Emperor isn't a main way to get these scripts, especially since you only need to unlock it once.

I'm curious about daily limits or what the categories and and amounts are if anyone knows. I heard someone got 3 from a normal trial, and someone else 6-7 from a vet trial. But I don't know if doing normal rules you out of the vet rewards, for example.
    PC-NA
    Options
  • EF321
    EF321
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Random dungeon scraps are per character, 1 for normal, 2 for veteran.
    20 RVDs a day - that's the answer :)
    Options
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    What I've been doing to get them: vma (gives3), daily vet 2, master alchemy writ 1, bg box 1
    Options
  • Jsmalls
    Jsmalls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Finished my grind for all 50 two days :)

If you REALLY want to push the grind you can spam vMA (my runs usually take 35 minutes). This is 3 scraps per run.

Elder scroll capture quests give 4 (I got 12 from these). But this is once per day.

Do your daily random dungeon for 2x.

Do your Daily BG match for 1x.

Get emperor of Cryodiil for 25 (finally comes with a reward!)

If you like doing trials you can get 3 for vet completion (then another two from weekly coffer).

That's how I got mine at least.
    Options
  • tsaescishoeshiner
    tsaescishoeshiner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Jsmalls wrote: »

If you REALLY want to push the grind you can spam vMA (my runs usually take 35 minutes). This is 3 scraps per run.

Elder scroll capture quests give 4 (I got 12 from these). But this is once per day.

If you like doing trials you can get 3 for vet completion (then another two from weekly coffer).

Thank you for the detail! Do you know which of these were not limited to once daily? Or was it only a daily limit for the ones you described that way?
    PC-NA
    Options
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

it sounds like maelstrom would be the least painful lol

too bad i already grinded out all of the gear from there to have 100% lol

but it looks like ill have to run it again anyway for a lead (which at least can drop in the first arena, but this gives incentive to do the full run)
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
    Options
  • allochthons
    allochthons
    ✭✭✭✭
    I can verify that. I tried to cheese Master Writs on day one and only got a single scrap. It didn't matter if the writs were different categories either. On the plus side I cleared some bank space.
    Dangit. I've been saving my master writs. But I'm glad to know. Thank you.
    She/They
    PS5/NA
    Options
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had a weekly award from Maelstrom in my mail for 5 class scripts. So I am doing the weekly solo trial (this week it's Vateshran) once for each class. You get 3 for the completion (per day, so spread it out over the week), so that's already a decent investment.

I got a few from turning in writs too.
    Options
  • Imperial_Archmage
    Imperial_Archmage
    ✭✭✭
    I had a weekly award from Maelstrom in my mail for 5 class scripts. So I am doing the weekly solo trial (this week it's Vateshran) once for each class. You get 3 for the completion (per day, so spread it out over the week), so that's already a decent investment.

That's assuming you have one character of each class geared enough to be able to do a vet solo arena. Most players have never even set foot in a solo arena, vet or otherwise. ESO is a glorified Barbie dress up and play house game, lol. The way ZOS are completely oblivious to where their playerbase stands would be hilarious if it wasn't so tragic.
    Options
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

That's assuming you have one character of each class geared enough to be able to do a vet solo arena. Most players have never even set foot in a solo arena, vet or otherwise. ESO is a glorified Barbie dress up and play house game, lol. The way ZOS are completely oblivious to where their playerbase stands would be hilarious if it wasn't so tragic.

Then do it on normal. In normal Maelstrom Arena mobs die from a light attack+spammable.
    Options
  • Varana
    Varana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Also, players who have never set foot in content like nMA don't really need that specific part of Scribing, and certainly not right away NOW!!!.
    Options
  • shadyjane62
    shadyjane62
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I've been pvping 10 years and only once with a special group of people (I still miss you Niz) did i crack the top ten. Only someone who doesn't pvp would think this was a viable way to get the scripts.
    Edited by shadyjane62 on June 10, 2024 12:17AM
    Options
  • Parrot1986
    Parrot1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thank you for the detail! Do you know which of these were not limited to once daily? Or was it only a daily limit for the ones you described that way?

Not sure if still looking for answer to this, but for vMA it seems like it is capped for 1 reward of 3 per day. Just did my 2nd on a different alt and didnt get any scraps at all. Hoping I get scraps per leaderboard award at least and should be done today.
    Edited by Parrot1986 on June 10, 2024 10:06AM
    Options
  • kringled_1
    kringled_1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Do you need to finish one of the wings to get these to start dropping? Not done with that yet, but I did turn in a master writ the other day and dont think I got one.
    Options
  • Malkorga
    Malkorga
    ✭✭✭
    I completed the scribing story on my main and up to the netch on an alt. On a whim I took a healer that has not done the scribing quests through a random dungeon and received a bonus script and master scrap script.

Sunday and today I did 7 random dungeons ( only 7 are dungeon ready) and have 14 master scraps and 14 random extra bonus script.
    Options
  • Tornaad
    Tornaad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I get one doing daily random normal dungeons
    Options
  • gamergirldk
    gamergirldk
    ✭✭✭✭
    Weekley trials coffets give 2 so get spamming those in group finder
    Edited by gamergirldk on June 10, 2024 8:27PM
    Options
  • Parrot1986
    Parrot1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Finished the grind with VMA weekly rewards. 5 scraps per character made it easy to get 30 scraps today alone.

If you plan on doing it then I’d say spreading out your clears once per day as the 3 you get for clearing it is limited to once per day so makes sense to phase it for more scraps.

This also applies to the other solo arena too. I tried vateshran today after vMA and didn’t get anything for that clear, which is a bit frustrating and unnecessary.
    Options
  • wolfie1.0.
    wolfie1.0.
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Does the arena award apply to All arenas like dsa? And do normal runs count?
    Options
  • Froil
    Froil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've just been doing a daily random dungeon. It's not too bad, unless the group I get is, but I'm also not in desperate need for it, so I'll get it when I get it.
    "Best" healer PC/NA
    Options
  • MafiaCat115
    MafiaCat115
    ✭✭✭✭
    wolfie1.0. wrote: »
    And do normal runs count?

I ran normal Maelstrom and got one scrap at the end, so it still rewards you but to a lesser extent than vet runs.
    Still hoping that one day hair dyeing will be an option. We know it's canon in universe already thanks to a book in the Manor of Masques! (House of Reveries: The Troupe)
    Proud owner of a Morrowind Banner of the 6th House (back when it actually meant something)
    Options
  • Lylith
    Lylith
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    or you can grind for hours and fail and get nothing for your time.

marvelous.

i also completed arc 1 and got no script scrap.

zos hates me.
    Edited by Lylith on June 11, 2024 2:37PM
    Options