Where is the ink?

• TDVM
    TDVM
    ✭✭✭
    Aurielle wrote: »
    TDVM wrote: »
    Hi everyone, just wanted to let you know we've seen your feedback over the drop rate for ink. We've found that ink is not currently dropping from boss enemies, and we'll be fixing that in an upcoming incremental. Additionally, we did double check and confirm ink is dropping as intended from nodes, though it's worth reminding everyone that ink will only begin dropping from nodes after you've completed the Netch quest.

Once the fix goes out for the boss enemies, we'll continue to monitor the drop rate and make further adjustments if necessary.

This is not enough. I have all wings unlocked and have been farming nodes in West Weald for the last 4 hours (did WBs and Dolmens as I went round) and have got nothing, not a single ink drop.

I have unlocked all unlocks in scribing system and nearly finished my class scripts but I dont have ink to use the system. I wont be wasting my time grinding for maybe a chance at one.

Please do more. Put them in the crown store, I will buy them at this rate.

This does not mean that you need to increase the chance of dropping ink, according to reports from different people you can conclude that everyone is +- satisfied, just some are luckier than others

One’s ability to use a new system one has PAID FOR should not be dependent upon luck… No other system in the game is like this.

1) You paid for it - no one will take it away from you, they let you use it. If you're too lazy to get ink, you can just not play it and do something else or just spend more time on it than on other activities or just buy it, it can be done.
    1) So this system will be the first of its kind.
    Options
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi everyone, just wanted to let you know we've seen your feedback over the drop rate for ink. We've found that ink is not currently dropping from boss enemies, and we'll be fixing that in an upcoming incremental. Additionally, we did double check and confirm ink is dropping as intended from nodes, though it's worth reminding everyone that ink will only begin dropping from nodes after you've completed the Netch quest.

Once the fix goes out for the boss enemies, we'll continue to monitor the drop rate and make further adjustments if necessary.

This is not enough. I have all wings unlocked and have been farming nodes in West Weald for the last 4 hours (did WBs and Dolmens as I went round) and have got nothing, not a single ink drop.

I have unlocked all unlocks in scribing system and nearly finished my class scripts but I dont have ink to use the system. I wont be wasting my time grinding for maybe a chance at one.

This does not mean that you need to increase the chance of dropping ink, according to reports from different people you can conclude that everyone is +- satisfied, just some are luckier than others

One’s ability to use a new system one has PAID FOR should not be dependent upon luck… No other system in the game is like this.

1) You paid for it - no one will take it away from you, they let you use it. If you're too lazy to get ink, you can just not play it and do something else or just spend more time on it than on other activities or just buy it, it can be done.
    1) So this system will be the first of its kind.

I am not “too lazy” to get ink. It’s just not dropping at a decent enough of a rate for the time I’m putting into it (which is substantial, at this point). You understand how RNG works, yes? When drop rates are this low, one person could spend 45 minutes farming for something and not get it, while someone else gets 2-3 in the same time frame. It just sucks to tie RNG to a brand new game system like this. Imagine if in order to access the Infinite Archive, you had to rely on an RNG portal to spawn after harvesting crafting nodes, instead of doing content you actually enjoy. This is what the ink grind feels like to someone like me, who has so far been very unlucky during the ink farm.

Options
  • phileunderx2
    phileunderx2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Farmed yesterday on my maxed out crafter for around an hour. Got 1 ink from a mob ..none from nodes. Got 2 a few days ago 1 mob and 1 node.
    I get more Heartwood and mundane runes than inks so to me the drop rate is quite low.
    Options
  • Taggund
    Taggund
    ✭✭✭✭
    A week later, and still no ink except from the starting quest. I harvest nodes I come across during normal play, but I will not go out farming nodes ever again.

I have completed the new zone, still doing the dailies there. I have also been doing fighters, mages, undaunted delve, IC and Cyro town dailies. I played Cyro one night (normally play more, but was focused on new zone), and a couple BGs. I don't do dungeons or trials.

I'm here to enjoy my play time, and farming for some really bad RNG item is no longer something I am interested in.

Options
  • derkaiserliche
    derkaiserliche
    ✭✭✭✭
    Got several inks already just from killing monsters and picking up ressources, sometimes its better to play instead of demanding everything to be easier.

Thats why people now got the full open dungeons drops within 1 day and will quit a week later until the next dlc.
    Options
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Got several inks already just from killing monsters and picking up ressources, sometimes its better to play instead of demanding everything to be easier.

Thats why people now got the full open dungeons drops within 1 day and will quit a week later until the next dlc.

I’ve been playing too. A lot, actually. I’ve had the last week off from work. In that time, I’ve finished three DLC zone stories, two chapter zone stories, have gotten my main and all six alts set up for scribing (all quests done on my main), cleared out my backlog of crafting surveys, spent time in Cyrodiil, spent time doing various dailies for scripts, and have also spent plenty of time in between harvesting random nodes throughout the environment. We’re talking several hours of game play here every day with plenty of mobs killed and plenty crafting nodes harvested (not just survey nodes).

I still only have a handful of ink to show for my efforts, not counting the twelve I got from the quests.

It would be really great if those of you who are having better luck with your drops could empathize with those of us who are not, without assuming that we’re being “lazy” or “demanding everything to be easier.”
    Edited by Aurielle on June 10, 2024 7:07PM
    Options
  • wolfie1.0.
    wolfie1.0.
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Antiquities leads.
    Furniture plans.
    Even curated gear to an extent.
    Options
  • Shadowbinder7
    Shadowbinder7
    ✭✭✭

ZOS_GinaBruno any idea why in Templar class, radiant oppression has lost its beautiful animation with multiple bending beams, and is now the same animation as the other morph radiant glory?

It’s not mentioned in patch notes. Is this a morph animation bug, or a silent change? Would be good to know
    Options
  • Alpheu5
    Alpheu5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    wolfie1.0. wrote: »

Antiquities leads.
    Furniture plans.

Every zone has guaranteed leads, so you're never locked out of the scrying system.
    Housing was a free addition to the game, and many vendors throughout the game have a wide variety of furnishings available for gold so you can still decorate your house without knowing any plans. Also, new plans are not a new system.
    Curation is diminishing RNG so you're eventually guaranteed to permanently unlock what you paid to access at some point. Also, new gear is not a new system.

The transmute system has multiple guaranteed ways to acquire crystals for transmuting and reconstructing.
    Jewelry crafting added nodes to the world like everything else, and new jewelry could be deconstructed for materials if harvesting wasn't your thing.
    Tel Var drops from every single entity in the Imperial City to get Tel Var-exclusive items.

The only other currency entirely dependent on RNG (outside of events/endeavors) is anything involving writ vouchers, which themselves aren't actually required to access an entire gameplay system.
    Dalek-Rok - Argonian Sorcerer || Dalek-Shād - Argonian Nightblade || Dalek-Shul - Argonian Templar || Dalek-Xal - Argonian Dragonknight || Mounts-the-Snout - Argonian Warden || Dalek-Xul - Argonian Necromancer || Two-Spires - Argonian Arcanist || Dalek-Nesh - Argonian Sorcerer || Dalek-Kör - Argonian Dragonknight
    Don't incorporate bugs into your builds, and you won't have [an] issue.
    Options
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Farmed yesterday on my maxed out crafter for around an hour. Got 1 ink from a mob ..none from nodes. Got 2 a few days ago 1 mob and 1 node.
    I get more Heartwood and mundane runes than inks so to me the drop rate is quite low.

Furnishing mats have a drop rate of 20%. Ink is likely no more than 1/20th of that.

I don’t think the devs intended those chances to be comparable in any way. They said the drop chances for Anniversary BoP style pages were “small,” so when they say Ink drops “rarely,” that’s more in line with the level they seem to want. To me, a “rare chance” is even lower than “small.”
    Edited by virtus753 on June 10, 2024 9:38PM
    Options
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Antiquities leads.
    Furniture plans.

You can always use the scrying system itself, though. Many of the leads are indeed RNG, but there are always guaranteed items you can scry for. Scrying as a system overall is not gated behind RNG. You cannot scribe a skill if you don’t have enough ink to do so, so the system itself is effectively locked behind RNG.

Furniture plans are not a system. Furnishing crafting as a system was a free upgrade to the game — no one had to purchase it, and furnishing does not affect actual gameplay / builds.

Gear is not a system. Gear is gear, and there has always been an RNG element involved in acquiring gear. People complained about the grind there (and rightfully so), and we eventually got transmutation / reconstitution, which has reduced reliance on RNG for gear dramatically.
    Options
  • EF321
    EF321
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Alpheu5 wrote: »
    Every zone has guaranteed leads, so you're never locked out of the scrying system.

You got your guaranteed Wield Soul with scripts from intro quest, that costed you 0 ink too...
    Options
  • wolfie1.0.
    wolfie1.0.
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Antiquities leads.
    Furniture plans.

Housing was a free addition to the game, and many vendors throughout the game have a wide variety of furnishings available for gold so you can still decorate your house without knowing any plans. Also, new plans are not a new system.
    Curation is diminishing RNG so you're eventually guaranteed to permanently unlock what you paid to access at some point. Also, new gear is not a new system.

The transmute system has multiple guaranteed ways to acquire crystals for transmuting and reconstructing.
    Jewelry crafting added nodes to the world like everything else, and new jewelry could be deconstructed for materials if harvesting wasn't your thing.
    Tel Var drops from every single entity in the Imperial City to get Tel Var-exclusive items.

The only other currency entirely dependent on RNG (outside of events/endeavors) is anything involving writ vouchers, which themselves aren't actually required to access an entire gameplay system.

You had to have bought greymoor at the time of launch to access antiquities, and you still need access to it to do so. It was new at the time of launch. While certian leads are available guaranteed the draw of the system are the mythic and collectible leads that drop based on rng. So you paid for it.

Housing and furniture plans also were a new system when they dropped. They didn't exist before. Yes the it is now a very robust system, but rng is still a key element for many plans. Otherwise some wouldn't have 5 mill + asking prices. Also, there are houses that cost way way more than gold road.

Curation, is diminishing rng, but it's still rng.

Jewelry is only in a good state now because of the mass change to grain conversion that recently happened. Prior to that there was a post once a week complaining about chrom prices, and every month someone complaining that refining rng was rigged or changed. You also paid to access it.

Scribing allows access to several ink and the basics of the system by doing a few quests. As well as guaranteed drops of pieces and almost free ways of acquiring them. A guaranteed 1 per day for scripts.

You want an rng based grind? I spent 90 hours in bad man's hallow for a lead. I spent 120 hours in darkshade for a lead. I spent an estimated 600 hours in ruins of mazz for a lead.

So between the two systems, I personally declare that when it comes to rng antiquities is a way way worse rng based system. The only good thing about it is that it's account wide.

I am not saying that scribing is good. I am just pointing out that it's not the only rng based system as you declared.
    Edited by wolfie1.0. on June 10, 2024 10:09PM
    Options
  • Cuwen
    Cuwen
    ✭✭✭

I have finished the netch quest. I have finished the entire scribing quest line. I still haven't had a single ink drop from resource nodes, mobs, anything. No ink has dropped.
    Options
  • Cuwen
    Cuwen
    ✭✭✭
    Has there been any further communication as to if they plan to fix the issue of ink not dropping from resource nodes? I've harvested a lot of nodes, even some from surveys, and nothing. 0 ink. I've played for hours. Have they stated anything about patching it? I haven't seen any notices about it.
    Options
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Antiquities leads.
    Furniture plans.

You had to have bought greymoor at the time of launch to access antiquities, and you still need access to it to do so. It was new at the time of launch. While certian leads are available guaranteed the draw of the system are the mythic and collectible leads that drop based on rng. So you paid for it.

Housing and furniture plans also were a new system when they dropped. They didn't exist before. Yes the it is now a very robust system, but rng is still a key element for many plans. Otherwise some wouldn't have 5 mill + asking prices. Also, there are houses that cost way way more than gold road.

Jewelry is only in a good state now because of the mass change to grain conversion that recently happened. Prior to that there was a post once a week complaining about chrom prices, and every month someone complaining that refining rng was rigged or changed. You also paid to access it.

Scribing allows access to several ink and the basics of the system by doing a few quests. As well as guaranteed drops of pieces and almost free ways of acquiring them. A guaranteed 1 per day for scripts.

You want an rng based grind? I spent 90 hours in bad man's hallow for a lead. I spent 120 hours in darkshade for a lead. I spent an estimated 600 hours in ruins of mazz for a lead.

So between the two systems, I personally declare that when it comes to rng antiquities is a way way worse rng based system. The only good thing about it is that it's account wide.

I am not saying that scribing is good. I am just pointing out that it's not the only rng based system as you declared.

First off, I’m the one who declared scribing an RNG-based system — which it is. You have a point by saying that mythic items are the primary draw of the scrying / antiquities system. I don’t deny that there is a significant RNG element involved with antiquities. However, using the system itself or levelling it up does not in any way depend upon RNG.

Once you’ve exhausted your quest inks, you have no choice but to obtain more, and the primary way of obtaining more involves RNG. That is unlike any system in the game — including the antiquities system. I can still scry for treasures to sell when I don’t have any active leads for mythics or skins or whatever, so I can still use the system. If I don’t have any ink? Doesn’t matter how many scripts I’ve learned — I just can’t use it. Can’t “deconstruct” useless scribed skills to get ink back, can’t buy ink at a reasonable price from a vendor. My choices are:

1. Farm and hope I get lucky before I get bored
    2. Buy from players at ridiculously inflated prices

I suppose there’s a third option — roll a new alt and suffer through those mind-numbing quests again, then delete. What a ridiculous amount of hoops to jump through, though, just to use a chapter system…
    Options
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My understanding from other posts is that surveys do not (maybe will not ever?) drop ink. Others in this thread have stated that they've got inks from resource nodes and mobs.

"But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending." Mercedes Lackey, Into the West

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- four accounts, many alts....
    Options
  • EdjeSwift
    EdjeSwift
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cuwen wrote: »
    Has there been any further communication as to if they plan to fix the issue of ink not dropping from resource nodes? I've harvested a lot of nodes, even some from surveys, and nothing. 0 ink. I've played for hours. Have they stated anything about patching it? I haven't seen any notices about it.

It's currently working as intended, the drop rates from nodes is low but it does drop. Sometimes it's just bad RNG.
    Antiquities Addict
    Options
  • Alpheu5
    Alpheu5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Antiquities leads.
    Furniture plans.

You misunderstood. Neither Aurielle nor myself said it was the only RNG based system. That would be an absurd statement. It's the only paid system where, thanks to ink only being sourced randomly, the insane odds of the currency/material completely lock you out of the system you paid to use. The 12 you get from the quests is good for 4 brand new skills per character to use on a system that's boasted as being robust and highly customizable with 12 new skill lines.

I also never said anything about the pages specifically because they're guaranteed. I haven't gotten multi-target yet because the RNG hasn't been in my favor but I know for a fact it will drop eventually due to the nature of those drops, and I'm fine with waiting a few more days.

Tough luck if someone doesn't get the lead they're looking for, but they can still dig things up in any zone and walk away with a considerable amount of gold if they just want to play the digging minigame.

Housing as a system has never in the history of ESO required actual dollars to be spent to participate.

Jewelry crafting was just Blacksmithing 2.0. Nobody was barred from crafting rings or researching traits just because the dust was a pain to acquire. Nodes could be found all over the world and decon gear was and still is plentiful.

Nobody had to buy anything for curation to happen. You might have had a point around when Orsinium was released and people could run vMA hundreds of times and not gotten a specific weapon, but lo and behold they added the transmute system and later changed how gear drops work because people were straining the database by hoarding gear in order to not have to grind for them again tired of endlessly running content and having the slimmest chance of getting the gear they wanted.

If ink had a few guaranteed drop sources so we weren't entirely dependent on the abysmal random chance to have the ability to scribe anything at all, there'd be much fewer complaints about it. Otherwise they need to increase the drop rate by orders of magnitude, especially from mobs.
    Dalek-Rok - Argonian Sorcerer || Dalek-Shād - Argonian Nightblade || Dalek-Shul - Argonian Templar || Dalek-Xal - Argonian Dragonknight || Mounts-the-Snout - Argonian Warden || Dalek-Xul - Argonian Necromancer || Two-Spires - Argonian Arcanist || Dalek-Nesh - Argonian Sorcerer || Dalek-Kör - Argonian Dragonknight
    Don't incorporate bugs into your builds, and you won't have [an] issue.
    Options
  • Punches_Below_Belt
    Punches_Below_Belt
    ✭✭✭✭
    Please don’t make us wait for an incremental patch to fix bosses then wait for an additional incremental patch for the mat nodes. The mat nodes rng is too low. I play 14 hours a day and consistently harvest nodes. The drop rate is unimaginably bad. Fix it with the next patch please.
    Options
  • Orbital78
    Orbital78
    ✭✭✭
    Should probably wait to see how it adjusts, I'd rather not have another worthless material in game. I'm hoping bosses will include Archive boss chests.
    Options
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Depending on how many alts (other characters) you have, I would literally advise to do Scribing story quests again on other characters if you just want to have luminous ink just so you could craft each of every new scribing skill. Yes, it still gives luminous ink as quests rewards. I have done Indrik quest on an Alt & got 3 luminous ink.

Drop rate from regular farming sources is too low to even bother. I was doing all kinds of content. 3x Infinite Archive all the way to Arc 2 final boss. That is PLENTY of mobs. Non of them dropped luminous ink. I only got 2 when I was killing overland mobs for Weekly Endeavour (Afflict 150 Enemies with Weapon Poisons). I probably killed 300+ and got only 2. What is odd is that I got them one after another and then nothing. Almost as if there was some hidden timer.

So that is why I would advise to just do Scribing quests again on an Alt. Because it is faster & more reliable. It doesn't feel like wasting time. That is of course if you absolutely have to have those scribing skills asap. If you don't, then just play the game normally & maybe after 1 year you will have like 50 or 60 luminous ink lol.
    Options
  • tom6143346
    tom6143346
    ✭✭✭
    The question is wile zos found out that boss ink drops are bugged, why not increase in meantime overall droprate ? Not all people sitting in the forum and maybe still farming and getting mad. And i don’t now if as intended is good. We see see first negative reaction on steam . People feel remember to the anniversary grind. I don’t no, but again not a good marketing for the 10 Anniversary of the game. Guys why it’s such a pain to increase the drops, so everyone can experiment with the new combat system ?
    Edited by tom6143346 on June 11, 2024 7:57AM
    Options
  • dk_dunkirk
    dk_dunkirk
    ✭✭✭
    The first time I farmed for ink, I spent an hour in Craglorn and got 1 potent, 3 fortifieds, and 0 ink, and concluded that it doesn't drop in Craglorn. Fair enough.

Then I spent an hour in Khenarthi's Roost, and got 15, many of which were double drops. I was getting a drop about every 5-10 minutes. That seemed "fair" or "correct."

I've spent another hour in KR and gotten zilch. I haven't seen an ink in many hours of farming and doing the various WW quests. I guess it's RNG feast or famine, but it sucks, and it's not fun. Especially when I just realized that it's not collecting 50 to get the achievement; it's FIVE HUNDRED. When I seem to be stuck on 34, it REALLY takes the fun out of it. Is that what you guys were intending? To make the game NOT fun?
    Options
  • Yamenstein
    Yamenstein
    ✭✭✭✭✭

ZoS has what they want know. The desperation they were seeking. Inks on a crown store near you ! 🤪
    Crown Crates are a trap. Don't fall for the gamble! Balance? What Balance? Balance, smellance.
    Necro for them RP feels.
    Options
  • Yamenstein
    Yamenstein
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah come back a week later when you’ve had none since. It’s RNG. The transmute grind is better than this. Guaranteed drops but varying amounts. I’m curious what logic they coded for this.
    Crown Crates are a trap. Don't fall for the gamble! Balance? What Balance? Balance, smellance.
    Necro for them RP feels.
    Options
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    so far my experience:

1 week of "normal" gameplay (questing, clearing WBs, delves, incursions, misc/random harvesting in between destinations) = 0 ink drops

last night i had a bit of time to kill before i had to log for the evening, and spent 30 straight min doing nothing but harvesting every node in sight in craglorn and results = 2 ink drops (1 was a double due to plentiful harvest), in that time i got 2 drops of nirncrux (both double drops due to plentiful, 1 potent drop and 1 fortified drop)

the drop rate of the ink is far too low to be useable (even knowing that there are bugs related to the drop rate from enemies)

i still dont even have enough ink to finish scribing each skill at least once for the achievement
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
    Options
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah for clarity, I've harvested over 100 inks, however, I went a full two hours of harvesting last night and looted exactly zero. Then they started dropping again. So I know it's a RNG roll for every node harvested, and I just hit an unlucky streak, like other folks are describing here. And I know there's no cooldown, as I have gone a couple of days of looting several per hour played, with varying quantities.
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
    Options
  • Stafford197
    Stafford197
    ✭✭✭
    Why does Ink even exist? All it seems to do is stop players from experimenting and having fun with the system.
    Options
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cuwen wrote: »

They said the drops from nodes are as intended but they will fix the drops from bosses in the next incremental patch.
    Options