The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Templar Guide, From the priest to the paladin

• Cheatingdeath23
    Cheatingdeath23
    ✭✭✭
    I'm focusing on heavy armor with sword and shield, but will consider 2H instead.

I use enchantments to get more max magicka/stamina, but I do lack in regen. I don't like having light/medium armor though, so I'll stick with it. Should have gone with Imperial when I made my character though, my Breton skills are wasted (I chose it for the max magicka, 3 skill points gets an extra 10%)
  • wrathwizard
    wrathwizard
    Soul Shriven
    When using the tank build what attribute distribution do you think would be best? right now I'm pouring all my points into health and using armor enchants for stam and magic.
  • Stautmeister
    Stautmeister
    ✭✭✭
    personally im going for a 3 stam 2 stamina 1 magicka mix. Taking mana and stam regen as stuff on regens. You want to try and hit the softcap on stamina regen because of the blocking.
    Eat some food to boost your health in dungeons ;)
    An orc marrying a wood elf?! Enjoy your Borsimer mutants!
  • smokes
    smokes
    ✭✭✭
    this is the build i'm currently using (it's a WiP)

http://esohead.com/calculator/skills#cospxgbznQ8bzpM8wAvw8wAEb8wABh8b0p18bzno8ffkr8frrK8injt8inyC8b0p18N7DrDm6LDi6LDG6MbMUf6MbMXv6MbMXO6MbMX28j7bLUM8n7xLWQ6LWU6rW38x7GLsfd6Lsfr6rsfw8g7mrsXy6LsXg8v7rbanQ6NanU6IanW8zz7zztyfm

the 2h side of things i'm pretty happy with, charge in (from as far as possible), aedric spear then reverse slash usually leaves most enemies dead - other wise, knock back with javellin, charge in again and then they'll be dead.

the bow in the 2nd weapon slot is for pvp, some AoE, some single target range, a self heal and a stats buff. i'm still working on refining it down and i need to spend a skillpoint on another ultimate but haven't decided which yet

edit: i am currently running with a full set of medium armor, but i'm tempted to switch up to some heavy armor and mix and match a little - as i'm getting battered in pvp. i think heavy armor would likely help a lot in melee pvp situations, but tbh, in most of those cases, it's been 20 Vs 1.

apart from the additional weapon damage passive from heavy armor and it's increased survivability, i'm still on the fence about whether to go partial heavy, or go for a set as i'm pumping out some fairly decent dps in full medium armor.
    Edited by smokes on April 11, 2014 11:49AM
  • Cheatingdeath23
    Cheatingdeath23
    ✭✭✭
    This isn't complete, as I am doing this off the top of my head, but I am a Templar with Sword and Shield, currently level 12.

http://esohead.com/calculator/skills#cozby0fQwP8rFTF8rFpA8fdBf8ffbn8rFLe8080808080808T7ozrqAi8j7rmSZ6NUM6mU06zrJPu8n7mIWQ6mW28y7izR3r6zfQlr8zc7zzgeXm8zI7cMJIoX6zJIkL6zJIkl8zN7mzJZcY6zJZug6zJZuT

I am curious if I am missing out by now using Aedric Spear. I've put two points One hand and Shield so far, with the bash being my favorite upgrade. I typically try to tank and protect the healer, but the question is what do I do with my second weapon?

Do I go with another sword and shield, thus allowing me to do a second setup with Aedric Spear and my current setup (10 total actives) or do I go with bow, 2 handed or healing staff?

I kind of like my current course of action, which is to attack with Reflective Light/Solar Flare from a distance, then get up close and use Puncture and block/counter. I mix in the two healing actives when my health gets low, but I could always put Healing Ritual on my secondary weapon (cast time of 2 seconds isn't something I typically do in the middle of a fight).

• kirrasha
    kirrasha
    ✭✭
    Armor. Personally i went for 5 Heavy and 2 light (wearing warlock set which gives me loads of magica regen)

Nice guide, will be trying out the Holy Knight build for sure... Sounds like the best possible match to a Warrior Priest from Warhammer.

A question about that armor however... warlock set, is that the random drop or crafted at the special crafting stations in the world?

Also do theese not require 3 pieces for the set bonus?
    Cant remember if I've ever seen a set drop that only required 2 pieces.
    Edited by kirrasha on April 13, 2014 5:43AM
  • Stautmeister
    Stautmeister
    ✭✭✭
    I use 2 rings + the cowl :) its a random drop.
  • Cheatingdeath23
    Cheatingdeath23
    ✭✭✭
    Ah, I saw people advertising the cowl in chat. Didn't realize it was a random drop.
  • Cheatingdeath23
    Cheatingdeath23
    ✭✭✭
    This isn't complete, as I am doing this off the top of my head, but I am a Templar with Sword and Shield, currently level 12.

http://esohead.com/calculator/skills#cozby0fQwP8rFTF8rFpA8fdBf8ffbn8rFLe8080808080808T7ozrqAi8j7rmSZ6NUM6mU06zrJPu8n7mIWQ6mW28y7izR3r6zfQlr8zc7zzgeXm8zI7cMJIoX6zJIkL6zJIkl8zN7mzJZcY6zJZug6zJZuT

I am curious if I am missing out by now using Aedric Spear. I've put two points One hand and Shield so far, with the bash being my favorite upgrade. I typically try to tank and protect the healer, but the question is what do I do with my second weapon?

Do I go with another sword and shield, thus allowing me to do a second setup with Aedric Spear and my current setup (10 total actives) or do I go with bow, 2 handed or healing staff?

I kind of like my current course of action, which is to attack with Reflective Light/Solar Flare from a distance, then get up close and use Puncture and block/counter. I mix in the two healing actives when my health gets low, but I could always put Healing Ritual on my secondary weapon (cast time of 2 seconds isn't something I typically do in the middle of a fight).

Still wondering about this. I'm thinking I'll go with a second sword and shield so I can switch between two similar sets-- I have three ranged attacks so I don't NEED the bow/staff.

Can anyone share any great skills for bow, healing staff or 2handed that I absolutely need to have? I've invested mostly in Templar stuff and love the first fighters guild skill (crossbow that uses stamina), so I've only invested in a single attack for sword and shield (but also bash, I love bashing with my shield now).
  • xCetra
    xCetra
    So I was looking at your sun priest build and was just curious about how you do your passives and stuff. The site with your build on it confused me lol...I assume the only things with points in them are morphed?
  • kirrasha
    kirrasha
    ✭✭

Awesome... time to grind mobs.

There is some nice crafted set bonus aswell to get, if you got the traits for it.

Shalidor's Curse 3 item set = Adds 12 magicka recovery.
    Seducer 3 item set = Reduce cost of spells by 3%.

With that Warlock set, you can still wear 2x 3 item sets, while using resto staff.

Going to take a damn long time to get the needed traits research for them, espcially Shalidor's Curse...

Edited by kirrasha on April 15, 2014 4:42AM
  • Cheatingdeath23
    Cheatingdeath23
    ✭✭✭
    kirrasha wrote: »

Awesome... time to grind mobs.

There is some nice crafted set bonus aswell to get, if you got the traits for it.

Shalidor's Curse 3 item set = Adds 12 magicka recovery.
    Seducer 3 item set = Reduce cost of spells by 3%.

With that Warlock set, you can still wear 2x 3 item sets, while using resto staff.

Going to take a damn long time to get the needed traits research for them, espcially Shalidor's Curse...

Thank you for posting this, I can make the 2 trait sets and didn't realize you needed to research more for the others. I'll get on that!

I'm doing one hand and shield, so I am considering doing something like this:
    Armor: 3 of set A, 3 of set B, 1 of set C
    1st weapon: sword and shield (2 of set C)
    This gives a total of three sets (A, B and C)

2nd weapon: sword and shield (2 of set A)
    This gives two sets, but the 5 set bonus for set A

Haven't figured out which ones to pursue, currently I have both Nights Silence and Ashen grip, but only because I haven't reached the upper level ones. (I like the idea of Death's Wind, but prefer specials that happen all the time, not just once every 3 minutes)

Also, since I am heavy armor, the "100 armor" bonus doesn't help any because of caps. Some people might run into the same caps for stamina/magicka regen-- when I was level 13 I noticed that it was capped at 24 stamina/sec, so when I ate something to increase it nothing changed.
  • Jorvalt
    Jorvalt
    For holy knight, what should I spend my attribute points on?
  • Stautmeister
    Stautmeister
    ✭✭✭
    Jorvalt wrote: »
    Depends on what you prefer. If you enjoy bashing> 132. if you enjoy casting 231.

Or you could go for 232 if you like them all equally :) Just remember you can do a lot with your gear.
  • Medic_Droid
    Thank you very much for going to the trouble of posting these builds! :smile:
    "Doubt thou that the stars are fire, doubt that the sun doth move.
    Doubt truth to be a liar, but never doubt my love." -Hamlet Act 2 Scene 2
  • AtomZer0
    AtomZer0
    Depends on what you prefer. If you enjoy bashing> 132. if you enjoy casting 231.

Or you could go for 232 if you like them all equally :) Just remember you can do a lot with your gear.

sorry if this is a stupid question... but what do you mean by "132" and "231"?
  • Birchblack
    Hello, great info. I was wondering how you placed your points for the high elf archer? (stam, health, magicka)
  • Cheatingdeath23
    Cheatingdeath23
    ✭✭✭
    AtomZer0 wrote: »

Magicka - Health - Stam

So 1 Magicka, 3 Health, 2 Stamina
    or 2 Magicka, 3 Health, 1 Stamina.

(Could be wrong, not in game, but that sounds right)
    EDIT: I was wrong, flipped it to be Magicka first. My bad!
    Edited by Cheatingdeath23 on April 18, 2014 2:23PM
  • Odysseuss
    Odysseuss

The in-game UI of the character sheet is ordered Magicka-Health-Stamina so I go by that ordering.
  • AtomZer0
    AtomZer0
    so you're putting 1 in magicka, 3 in health, then 2 in stamina, repeat? or?
  • Odysseuss
    Odysseuss
    so you're putting 1 in magicka, 3 in health, then 2 in stamina, repeat? or?

Well, personally, I am not doing that setup but it is a ratio. So, they appear to be saying by the time you have all attribute points you should have three points in health and two points in stamina for every one point in magicka. Obviously, every level you only get one point, so at any given time your attributes should be headed for the 1:3:2 ratio... if you want to follow that build.
  • Cheatingdeath23
    Cheatingdeath23
    ✭✭✭
    I might be doing it wrong, but I try to keep it balanced between the three.

If I feel like I use more magicka than stamina, I'll put points into magicka, but I find that I cycle through both pretty evenly-- and stamina is always useful for blocking/interrupting.
  • Odysseuss
    Odysseuss
    I'm doing something like 2:2:1 because I use mostly spear abilities. I still constantly run out of magicka. Rejuvination potions (I'm an alchemist) help. I usually don't run out of stamina but you are right.. you don't want to find yourself out of stamina when you need to interrupt or block.
  • Angushh
    Angushh
    Templar with Dual Wield is viable for PvP??? Im using for PVE and seems very good, but i dint tested it well in pvp.

Any advise for this build????

http://esohead.com/calculator/skills#co0p9Mb0jf8rFTd8w2Bg8w2lm8bznl8rFnK85oN7GLDM6rDG8j7brSZ6LU08t7mrsgW6rsgZ

Templar with 2h or bow is a better choice for a DPS Templar in PVP and PVE??

Thanks!!!!
    Edited by Angushh on April 19, 2014 6:25AM
  • Legionary
    Legionary
    Soul Shriven
    http://esohead.com/calculator/skills#cozzgyinjC8rFTF8inTQ8rFpJ8inn28rFnX8bznn8fXuY8fXhT8fXut8ffdV8b0p18N7JrDm6bDG6bDT8j7bNSZ6bU06NUM8n7bLW26NW38y7CbR3b6LR3d6bR3r8g7CNsXn6NsXy6AsXt8zc7zzgeXm

I was wondering if anyone can give me feedback on this build. The point of the build is to to massive long range damage and take out the mage/archer of the pack and snare the melee enemies while i am killing the mage/archer. Then when the mage/archer is dead i acid spray the melee characters and then switch to my sword and shield to do some damage but also to be able to tank. I am thinking of having 5 heavy armor and 2 medium armor on me. I am mostly wondering what attributes i should put into my character with this build.
  • Rantahu
    Rantahu
    ✭✭
    Legionary wrote: »
    http://esohead.com/calculator/skills#cozzgyinjC8rFTF8inTQ8rFpJ8inn28rFnX8bznn8fXuY8fXhT8fXut8ffdV8b0p18N7JrDm6bDG6bDT8j7bNSZ6bU06NUM8n7bLW26NW38y7CbR3b6LR3d6bR3r8g7CNsXn6NsXy6AsXt8zc7zzgeXm

I was wondering if anyone can give me feedback on this build. The point of the build is to to massive long range damage and take out the mage/archer of the pack and snare the melee enemies while i am killing the mage/archer. Then when the mage/archer is dead i acid spray the melee characters and then switch to my sword and shield to do some damage but also to be able to tank. I am thinking of having 5 heavy armor and 2 medium armor on me. I am mostly wondering what attributes i should put into my character with this build.

I have a similar build. I just wearing full heavy armor atm, but I was thinking of adding two light armor pieces. http://esohead.com/calculator/skills#coazgybzpM8rFTY8injX8rHLg8inyz8rFyV8rrYR8bzvj8bznQ8ffdV8rJ0O8b0p18N7JrDm6LDi6LDG6LDT8T7NLRMA8j7JLSZ6LUM6LUa6rUx8n7mLW28g7CLsXy6LsXt8zM7zzgcoS
  • Legionary
    Legionary
    Soul Shriven
    I think that you are using too many magic skills to have Sun Shield as well.
  • Legionary
    Legionary
    Soul Shriven
    I have made a few changes to my build so here is my updated one. And thanks Rantahu for giving me the Radiant ward idea. Also Soul assault snares for 70% not 0% as it says in esohead

http://esohead.com/calculator/skills#cozzgyinjC8rFTF8inTQ8rFpJ8inn28DohU8bzvc8fXuY8fXhT8fXut8ffdV8b0p18N7JrDm6bDG6bDT8j7bNSZ6bU06NUM8n7bLW26NW38y7CbR3b6LR3d6bR3r8g7CNsXn6NsXy6AsXt8zc7zzgeXm8
  • Jeddahwe
    Jeddahwe
    ✭✭✭