Maintenance for the week of May 27:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 27

Are you content with class set style page drop rates & archival fortune prices?

• Carcamongus
    Carcamongus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Unhappy
    Everything at the Archive is bloody expensive. Depending on my luck with optional content, Gus the Scamp (because I simply have no idea how to pronounce Gw) and provided Gothmau doesn't slice me up like a Benihana chef, I manage to scrounge 12k fortunes after completing 3 arcs, at a minimum, though usually a few cycles on the 4th are still needed. I can't speak for others, but in my case, exhaustion is as much a limit on how far I manage to go as are the difficulty and my build's shortcomings. In other words, it gets me very tired. I don't like the idea of all that effort just to get a random page I can't fully use because it's class-locked and the cooler-looking pieces, in my opinion, belong to other classes.

As for the drop rate, mine has been low, but not infuriatingly so. I wouldn't complain if that got better, though.
    Imperial DK and Necro tank. PC/NA
    "Nothing is so bad that it can't get any worse." (Brazilian saying)
    Options
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Unhappy
    Dagoth_Rac wrote: »
    Considering there are 259(!) style pages, the drop rates are abysmal. It is one thing to have lousy drop rates for skeever paws where you need 25. But horrible drop rates on something with 259 pages??

Wait, how is it 259? 17 pages per class, 7 classes so 119 pages total

I was assuming it is just the style of each piece of class gear. And I thought there were 37 pieces of set gear per class. But I was counting rings twice so only 36 per class. Even then, I probably have a few duplicates.

7 heavy body pieces
    7 medium body pieces
    8 light body pieces (robes and jerkins are separate styles?)
    1 bow
    1 shield
    1 staff (I had included all 4 staves but I doubt there are separate pages for resto/fire/ice/shock because those are not separate items at an outfit station)
    4 one-handed weapons (sword, mace, axe, dagger)
    3 two-handed weapons (greatsword, maul, battle axe)
    0 jewelry (I had included 3 jewelry pieces, but that is equipment slots, they have no styles)

I still think that is 31 or 32 per class. Or do cuirass, jack, robe, and jerkin all look the same and are only 1 style page? Typically style pages do not work like that. Motifs are just "chest" but style pages are usually separate pages for different variations that can go in each outfit slot.

Still over 200. I think.
    Options
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    7 heavy body pieces
    7 medium body pieces

Go put on the heavy chest of a class set. Now go put on the light chest.

In case you don't want to do this experiment, I'll tell you what you'll see: they're identical. The body styles for the class sets do not vary with weight. There are also no robes; a light chest with the name "robe" will not cover the legs as actual robes do, since it will look exactly the same as the heavy and medium chests.

So each class set, stylistically, only has one weight, and this is reflected by the fact that there are only 7 body style pages to collect per class, for a total of 17 pages per class.
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
    Options
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    STYLE PAGES have never been this way.

The voriplasm weapon styles from Vateshran are similarly bound.
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
    Options
  • cyberjanet
    cyberjanet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Indifferent
    There are style page drops? I haven't seen any at all. not even one.
    Favourite NPC: Wine-For-All
    Mostly PC-EU , with a lonely little guy on NA.
    Options
  • fizzylu
    fizzylu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Indifferent
    Didn't care about them once I found out they were class restricted, which is sad since I definitely didn't need another reason to not do IA.
    Options
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unhappy
    Drop rate was horrible for me. I spent several hours across multiple days grinding, and only got ONE drop. Then I learned that the aura does not even apply if you use a weapon style page or a hidden helmet to get your five pieces, and promptly stopped grinding for them. Terrible system. I hope no other style pages in the game will behave this way
    Options
  • inf.toniceb17_ESO
    inf.toniceb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Indifferent
    7 heavy body pieces
    7 medium body pieces

Nah there's just 7 body pieces per class, no different weights and no robes. So 119. Still gonna take a while if you don't wanna spend your fortunes. In my experience buying pages speeds up the process by roughly 3 times, but that of may vary depending on how far n the archive you can go.
    Options
  • XSTRONG
    XSTRONG
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im console player so I still need to wait a few days but in my opinion the style pages should be tradeable
    Options
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    code65536 wrote: »
    STYLE PAGES have never been this way.

The voriplasm weapon styles from Vateshran are similarly bound.

Thank you for the correction! It was too strong a statement just going by my own recollection and not looking anything up. I was disappointed to learn that these styles were to be class locked and so hoped to just ignore them and get a bit grumpy when I do a several hour run and don’t get any of the drops I really wanted but have a handful of style pages that I don’t want and can’t even sell. :/
    Options
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Unhappy
    code65536 wrote: »
    7 heavy body pieces
    7 medium body pieces

Go put on the heavy chest of a class set. Now go put on the light chest.

In case you don't want to do this experiment, I'll tell you what you'll see: they're identical. The body styles for the class sets do not vary with weight. There are also no robes; a light chest with the name "robe" will not cover the legs as actual robes do, since it will look exactly the same as the heavy and medium chests.

So each class set, stylistically, only has one weight, and this is reflected by the fact that there are only 7 body style pages to collect per class, for a total of 17 pages per class.

So I was waaaaay off. Thank you! I swore I got a "pauldron" recently and I figured since it was called "pauldron" and not "shoulders", there would be "arm cops" and "epaulets", too.
    Options
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Indifferent
    Everything at the Archive is bloody expensive. Depending on my luck with optional content, Gus the Scamp (because I simply have no idea how to pronounce Gw) and provided Gothmau doesn't slice me up like a Benihana chef, I manage to scrounge 12k fortunes after completing 3 arcs, at a minimum, though usually a few cycles on the 4th are still needed. I can't speak for others, but in my case, exhaustion is as much a limit on how far I manage to go as are the difficulty and my build's shortcomings. In other words, it gets me very tired. I don't like the idea of all that effort just to get a random page I can't fully use because it's class-locked and the cooler-looking pieces, in my opinion, belong to other classes.

As for the drop rate, mine has been low, but not infuriatingly so. I wouldn't complain if that got better, though.

completing arc 4 usually nets ~15k fortunes on avg

doing a run with 2 dps can usually finish arc 4 in about 1.5-2 hours, which is where i think its a good stopping point, occasionally ill go further, but its definitely more of a time commitment (runs to arc 8-9 usually can take about 5-6 hours)
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
    Options
  • loosej
    loosej
    ✭✭✭✭
    Unhappy
    I get that endless archive is supposed to keep us busy for some time, but the addition of the style pages means we're basically farming the same set all over again. Combined with the low drop rates I'm quickly losing interest in completing one of them, let alone all of them... Fixing the existing class sets would have given me a bigger motivation to keep on farming the place tbh.
    Options
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Indifferent
    It's not something that's meant to be collected right away, and it's a nice incentive to keep revisiting the content, though they could have made the cost a bit lower, for eg., around 8k. I've only had one run so far where I made it to a high arc and didn't get a page, usually I get 1-2 per run, so it's not so bad.
    Options
  • MafiaCat115
    MafiaCat115
    ✭✭✭✭
    Unhappy
    Got two pages fairly quickly, then have had no luck since with daily runs. Similar story for the friend I'm running IA with. Been doing every scamp, bonus room, marauder, and Tho'at. Would be nice if the drop rates were higher.

Also looking forward to when console players can share their thoughts on the matter.
    Still hoping that one day hair dyeing will be an option. We know it's canon in universe already thanks to a book in the Manor of Masques! (House of Reveries: The Troupe)
    Proud owner of a Morrowind Banner of the 6th House (back when it actually meant something)
    Options
  • Cooperharley
    Cooperharley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unhappy
    Jaimeh wrote: »
    It's not something that's meant to be collected right away, and it's a nice incentive to keep revisiting the content, though they could have made the cost a bit lower, for eg., around 8k. I've only had one run so far where I made it to a high arc and didn't get a page, usually I get 1-2 per run, so it's not so bad.

Yea thats what im saying basically. 9k cost instead of 12 and slightly higher drop rates would be nice
    ESO YouTube Content Creator & Templar Healer Main
    Options