The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Are you content with class set style page drop rates & archival fortune prices?

Cooperharley
Cooperharley
✭✭✭✭✭
Seems as though the drop rates in actual IA content are fairly low. Price for the style page curated container is 12K. Are you happy with this? Or do you believe this needs to change?

Are you content with class set style page drop rates & archival fortune prices? 76 votes

Happy
11%
DragonnordXozNissowolfFabresFourtonyblackHlanurauyranMalyoreSoraJP 9 votes
Unhappy
61%
ZigoSidAurielleflizomicaTheDarkRulerRhezblodElvenheartDagoth_RacGroterdanEnemy-of-ColdharbourjcacereswDestaiValarMorghulis1896terry2040RaddlemanNumber7TyrobagAvran_SyltBenTSGJierdanitsharquezNyassaV 47 votes
Indifferent
26%
vailjohn_ESOdmnqwkAlienSlofinf.toniceb17_ESODubhliamcyberjanetPsychpsych13XoelarasizererCatagamiJaimehBretonMagecolossalvoidsspartaxoxoAdremalmoo_2021Necrotech_MasterRomanRexfizzyluESO_player123erdYrrson 20 votes
  • fizl101
    fizl101
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Can't vote as we don't have the patch on console yet
    Soupy twist
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The style pages drop far more often than book furnishings or new furnishing plans, both of which I would very much prefer.

The style pages should not drop at all if they are going to be bind-on-pickup. If I could sell dropped ones, then at least it would be some reward for me, and this would be consistent with how style pages work in every other aspect of the game (monster masks, event style pages, etc.)

So no, I am not happy with getting half a dozen style pages I don’t want and can’t sell.
    Edited by Araneae6537 on March 21, 2024 2:02PM
  • Cooperharley
    Cooperharley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unhappy
    The style pages drop far more often than book furnishings or new furnishing plans, both of which I would very much prefer.

The style pages should not drop at all if they are going to be bind-on-pickup. If I could sell dropped ones, then at least it would be some reward for me, and this would be consistent with how style pages work in every other aspect of the game (monster masks, event style pages, etc.)

So no, I am not happy with getting half a dozen style pages I don’t want and can’t sell.

Nah - it's the same thing as the consumables for the mount, pet, body/face markings, etc. I'm all for it and think they look great and I'd rather have more cosmetics that you have to earn rather than just being able to buy them with gold and never playing the content personally
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Indifferent
    Seems quite easy to get both drop Nd price wise but don't care if anything changes in either direction.
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Nah - it's the same thing as the consumables for the mount, pet, body/face markings, etc. I'm all for it and think they look great and I'd rather have more cosmetics that you have to earn rather than just being able to buy them with gold and never playing the content personally

STYLE PAGES have never been this way. If you got them as drops you could use them yourself or sell them. And mounts, pets, body markings etc. are not drops but achievement rewards. The style pages could be earned only — totally fine with that — make them bind on pickup and only purchasable with Archival currency. But remove them as drops or reduce the frequency.
  • notyuu
    notyuu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Unhappy
    the drop rate is only half the issue, the rest of it is that YOU CAN'T EVEN USE THE STYLES ON OTHER CLASSES, COME ON ZOS, FIX IT
  • dcrush
    dcrush
    ✭✭✭✭
    Unhappy
    I’ve done about twenty arcs since u41 dropped on pc. Got all the leads for that new useless mythic but not a single style page.
  • inf.toniceb17_ESO
    inf.toniceb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Indifferent
    Droprate is ok i guess, considering that you can buy it with fortunes. I've already have all style pages for warden and arcanist and a couple of pages for other classes. Some days i don't get anything, others i get like 3-5 pages per run. That said I've been hitting IA hard lately: 6-7 arc runs daily, 2-3 runs per day on weekend. If you just play a couple arcs casually then it will take a while to collect everything. My main issue, like many others said already, is that styles are class-locked. What's worse is that you can't use them on companions at all. Even if they are matching class.
  • Cooperharley
    Cooperharley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unhappy

STYLE PAGES have never been this way. If you got them as drops you could use them yourself or sell them. And mounts, pets, body markings etc. are not drops but achievement rewards. The style pages could be earned only — totally fine with that — make them bind on pickup and only purchasable with Archival currency. But remove them as drops or reduce the frequency.

Correct, but again, virtually all rewards in IA, outside of furnishing plans, are already like this, so it makes sense to me
  • tomofhyrule
    tomofhyrule
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I've only done one IA run since these started dropping, and I got zero pages to drop by the time I got bored in Arc 4.

But really, my desire to farm these pages is absolutely nil.

I was so excited to farm them last patch, and I actually saved my Fortunes specifically so I could buy them all as they dropped. I love the fashion endgame. But the fact that they changed from style pages (that we had in U40) to this idiotic class-restricted-and-keeps-the-stupid-VFX-even-though-you-don't-have-the-set was such a monumentally stupid decision that goes against everything this game is about in terms of 'do what you want' has just turned me off of them completely. Not like I was going to use any of them in any outfits (not even the NB mask), but it's the principle of the thing.

"but but but... we need class identity!"
    Yes, and I'm sure the all the necros are very happy that their class identity is now that they can wear a belt with a purple gem, and not using Blastbones. And I know all templars will consider a knightly closed helm as their identity instead of a spear-of-light. At least NBs are still satisified since they can make their body glow red to match their weapons now...

When people say "class identity," they mean the skills/buffs etc that they can provide. Not the restricted fashions. The fact that these were previewable on all characters without effects and no class restrictions before U41 also makes it feel like we got something taken away from us.

I don't want to say that that single decision has pretty well nuked my desire to do IA again... but it totally has.
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Unhappy
    Considering there are 259(!) style pages, the drop rates are abysmal. It is one thing to have lousy drop rates for skeever paws where you need 25. But horrible drop rates on something with 259 pages??
  • tsaescishoeshiner
    tsaescishoeshiner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Unhappy
    The style page droprate is a bit low, but you only need them once, so I think it'll even out.

The furnishing prices in the Archive vendor cost way too many Fortunes. Paying 15k Fortunes for a one-time Monster helm/shoulder piece unlock goes so much farther than paying that much for just one furnishing.
    PC-NA
    in-game: @tsaescishoeshiner
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unhappy
    I've only done one IA run since these started dropping, and I got zero pages to drop by the time I got bored in Arc 4.

But really, my desire to farm these pages is absolutely nil.

I was so excited to farm them last patch, and I actually saved my Fortunes specifically so I could buy them all as they dropped. I love the fashion endgame. But the fact that they changed from style pages (that we had in U40) to this idiotic class-restricted-and-keeps-the-stupid-VFX-even-though-you-don't-have-the-set was such a monumentally stupid decision that goes against everything this game is about in terms of 'do what you want' has just turned me off of them completely. Not like I was going to use any of them in any outfits (not even the NB mask), but it's the principle of the thing.

"but but but... we need class identity!"
    Yes, and I'm sure the all the necros are very happy that their class identity is now that they can wear a belt with a purple gem, and not using Blastbones. And I know all templars will consider a knightly closed helm as their identity instead of a spear-of-light. At least NBs are still satisified since they can make their body glow red to match their weapons now...

When people say "class identity," they mean the skills/buffs etc that they can provide. Not the restricted fashions. The fact that these were previewable on all characters without effects and no class restrictions before U41 also makes it feel like we got something taken away from us.

I don't want to say that that single decision has pretty well nuked my desire to do IA again... but it totally has.

This. Even if the drop rate were better, because they are bad for a large amount of bound on pick up styles, I still don't feel like farming them because I can't use the styles on the characters I want.
    [Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!
  • Carcamongus
    Carcamongus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unhappy

Style pages from Battlegrounds (Fanged Worm and so on) are also bind on pickup, though I can't remember if they're character-bound.
    Imperial DK and Necro tank. PC/NA
    "Nothing is so bad that it can't get any worse." (Brazilian saying)
  • Ezhh
    Ezhh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unhappy
    I'd say there's just too many issues to justify such a low drop rate.
    • Sheer number of pages to collect.
    • Certain classes do way better than others in IA, so I'm playing a class other than the ones I might want pages for.
    • So many of the pages are generic/similar with a different symbol (the weapons), and these again pad out all the "unwanted" pages that will delay me getting those I want.
    • Class locked is hugely demotivating. Some of the styles are really nicely made, while others are generic/bland/ugly.
    • Class effect glow is something I really like, but it would have been so nice if this was a separate collectable cosmetic we could apply so that we have the freedom to use it with our own outfits. This would have meant people who want the styles without the glow can have them, and people who like the glow can have that.

Overall this could have been something really nice, but instead it's just a huge long grind for not much back.
  • BretonMage
    BretonMage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Indifferent
    Eh. I'm not overly interested in style pages, less so style pages I can't use or sell.

I really only got into IA for furnishing plans and companion gear. Now those we need higher drop rates for.
  • Avran_Sylt
    Avran_Sylt
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unhappy
    I would be fine with the drop rates if it were more deterministic to acquire a particular piece. The mask that I wanted to get for my NB was unfortunately the 2nd last thing before the entire collection was completed, which took about 20 ish hours overall?. And since all my IA currency went towards the motif lootboxes the only thing I got from that was the mask. (I bought about 6 of them)

From an overall veteran gearing collectors (just collecting everything) standpoint I think the droprate is fine.

From a beginners gearing standpoint or targeted acquisition standpoint the droprate is atrocious.
    Edited by Avran_Sylt on March 21, 2024 6:12PM
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Indifferent
    i kind of feel the drop rate in the archive is a little low (ive had like 2 drops out of 6-8 runs in the past week)

the prices to buy the boxes is far too high especially if they are all account bound anyway, as buying the boxes ends up just saving time farming them

i dont really understand why all of the stuff in archive is fully bound anyway, the collectible drops are all bound (and still drop after you finish the collectibles), the style pages are bound (even though its purely styling)

i can understand the actual class gear being bound, its not really different from a group dungeon gear
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Style pages from Battlegrounds (Fanged Worm and so on) are also bind on pickup, though I can't remember if they're character-bound.

Oh really? I think you are right and I had forgotten. Since I actually did want to collect those pages, I guess I didn’t notice!

These, I wanted to just forget they exist when I learned the styles were to be class locked, but now they keep popping up in my face to annoy me. :unamused:

It occurs to me that since these pages are character bound, I should stop receiving any once I have all of a particular set, right? That’s certainly an incentive to only play on my Dragonknight — 28 useless drops to go isn’t nearly as bad as 250!
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Indifferent

Oh really? I think you are right and I had forgotten. Since I actually did want to collect those pages, I guess I didn’t notice!

These, I wanted to just forget they exist when I learned the styles were to be class locked, but now they keep popping up in my face to annoy me. :unamused:

It occurs to me that since these pages are character bound, I should stop receiving any once I have all of a particular set, right? That’s certainly an incentive to only play on my Dragonknight — 28 useless drops to go isn’t nearly as bad as 250!

the style pages curate in the same way the actual class set gear does

it curates to your current class, then starts to give you the pages for the other classes

so you will continue to see them until you get all of them
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • Carcamongus
    Carcamongus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unhappy

If I'm not mistaken, once you complete the set for your toon's class, pages for the other classes start dropping.
    Imperial DK and Necro tank. PC/NA
    "Nothing is so bad that it can't get any worse." (Brazilian saying)
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

the style pages curate in the same way the actual class set gear does

it curates to your current class, then starts to give you the pages for the other classes

so you will continue to see them until you get all of them

If I'm not mistaken, once you complete the set for your toon's class, pages for the other classes start dropping.

Well that sucks, but good to know. Thank you both for the information!
  • NyassaV
    NyassaV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Unhappy
    The prices is whatever, but the drop rate sucks.
    Flawless Conqueror ~ Grand Overlord
    She/Her ~ PC/NA | I record things for fun and for info
  • Dragonnord
    Dragonnord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Happy
    They are easy. Since there are a lot (literal) of things to get from IA, we are supposed to play a lot of IA, not just a few runs.

So those pages will come naturally from just playing, don't worry.

Edited by Dragonnord on March 21, 2024 6:57PM
    SERVER: NA | PLATFORM: PC | OS: Windows 10 | CLIENT: Steam | ESO PLUS: Yes
  • inf.toniceb17_ESO
    inf.toniceb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Indifferent
    Dagoth_Rac wrote: »
    Considering there are 259(!) style pages, the drop rates are abysmal. It is one thing to have lousy drop rates for skeever paws where you need 25. But horrible drop rates on something with 259 pages??

Wait, how is it 259? 17 pages per class, 7 classes so 119 pages total
  • ESO_player123
    ESO_player123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Indifferent
    I voted indifferent since I'm no longer interested in these pages after they were made class bound. What I'm not happy about is the drop rate of the new furnishing plans.
    Edited by ESO_player123 on March 21, 2024 7:15PM
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the poll options should have been along the lines of too high, too low, just right, indifferent
  • FabresFour
    FabresFour
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Happy
    I already have practically all the nightblade outfit pieces in 4/5 runs within the archive going up to about arc 3/4. I find it very easy and very fun. :D
    Edited by FabresFour on March 21, 2024 7:34PM
    @FabresFour - 2075 CP
    Director and creator of the unofficial translation of The Elder Scrolls Online into BR-Portuguese.
  • jcaceresw
    jcaceresw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unhappy
    It has been about 5 days without seeing any other style page. When it was released I got about 3 style pages. From there haven't found another one. Completed the new mythic leads, at least.
  • sharquez
    sharquez
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unhappy
    Specifically, regarding the style pages They could stand to drop more often, as could everything else like furnishings. I would love either of the Filers to sell furnishing recipes or boxes of recipes however they see fit to price or distribute them. Just having a finite goal to reach to know you are going to get something nice helps keep me interested. I know they want to keep us grinding but the content is stale and needs more variety. We need more environments, configurations of enemies, challenges, bosses, and sets. Hopefully, we see some more coming with the chapter.
    At least 3 of each class. PVPing Since IC.