Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Dungeon broke all my style slots

Luke_Flamesword
Luke_Flamesword
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
After defeating Bedlam Veil on vet, my all 10 outfit slots are broken. It cleared all my armor choices, only colours stays :( If it won't be possible to repair I will be very sad, because it will be very difficult for me to make all of it from scratch.

I tried randomize styles and undo changes. I tried save one of outfits. It's just deleted...

SMe3EQc.png

Why I even still playing this game?
PC | EU | DC |Stam Dk Breton
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's the most broken update UI wise it seems, damn. At least I hope it's also just UI related.
  • Irhak
    Irhak
    ✭✭
    Got the very same problem... on both of my outfit slots... and the companion outfit also...
  • KS_Amt38
    KS_Amt38
    ✭✭✭
    Same Problem here. Thats sooo annoying.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Thanks for the reports here; we're actively investigating.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have the same, other ppl can see my outfits, i just cant see them myself, happened after i crashed in cyro.

PC EU
    PvP only
  • luchtt
    luchtt
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the reports here; we're actively investigating.

might be worth opening an actively updated new patch issues thread, ive seen a lot of different problems with the new patch. more than usual, outfit styles unequippiong, outfit styles locked, achievements all gone, permanent offline mode stuck, pa works on 12 people (good change but unreported), new font, (ok tbf thats not an issue xD), and probably more to come. gonna be a bit frustrating to sift through threads the developers have responded to to check for updates.
  • Snaggel
    Snaggel
    ✭✭✭
    This has happened to me too. I lost my only, carefully chosen and curated pieces of clothing.
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Me too.
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Does this only happen after running the dungeons? Or are people getting hit with it randomly?
    Ilsabet Menard - DC Breton Nightblade archer - Savior of Pretty Much Everything, Grand Overlord & Empress Nubcakes
    Katarin Auclair - DC Breton Warden healer & ice mage
    My characters and their overly elaborate backstories
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    The Adventures of Torbyrn Windchaser - Breaking the Ice & Ashes to Ashes
    PC NA
  • Reginald_leBlem
    Reginald_leBlem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Again, HOW?!
  • IncultaWolf
    IncultaWolf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm afraid to even run the new dungeons now :/
  • Elvenheart
    Elvenheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I’m afraid to log in. 🤯
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't be. I haven't run into any of these bugs myself so far.
    PCNA
  • PureEnvelope35
    PureEnvelope35
    ✭✭✭✭
    Truly gamebreaking.
    • Fashion is the true endgame.
    • PC EU
    • EP Astera the Charlatan Stamina Arcanist (PvE)
    • EP Malina the Pure Stamina Warden (PvP)
    • EP Athena the Pure Stamina Dragonknight (PvP)
    • EP Elizabeth the Pure Stamina Sorcerer (PvP)
    • DC Bonneville the Pure Magicka Dragonknight (PvE)
    • DC Lyudmila the Omen Stamina Necromancer (PvE)
    • DC Breña the Pure Stamina Nightblade (PvP)
    • DC Cirise the Pure Magicka Warden (PvP)
    • DC Melinda the Omen Stamina Necromancer (PvP)
    • DC Adeliane the Pure Magicka Templar (PvP)
    • AD Valencia the Pure Magicka Dragonknight (PvE)
    • AD Do'Nhadir Stamina Nightblade (PvP)
    • AD Xiphias Sword-Like-Comet Stamgicka Warden (PvP)
    • AD Eleanora the Pure Stamina Sorcerer (PvE)
  • Adernath
    Adernath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why does such a thing even happen in live? Don't we have a PTS for this? I refrain from logging in until there is a hotfix for this and also for the archievement issue.
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BTW the bug is only active on the character it happens to, all my other chars have access to outfits. Relogging doesnt help tho, my bugged char (my main) is still outfit-free in the character log in too.

PC EU
    PvP only
  • Orionza
    Orionza
    ✭✭
    Leaving my issue here (link to original thread); I have the outfits unequipping bug; triggered when I left the Bedlam dungeon.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8065297#Comment_8065297

• Elvenheart
    Elvenheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The thing I was looking forward to most of all was this dungeon. Is this only happening to some people, or everyone, and if we just port out of the dungeon after it’s over, would we be safe?
  • Alaztor91
    Alaztor91
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Carcamongus
    Carcamongus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's not only dungeons. My game crashed while I was at the Endless Infinite Archive and when I came back I was forced to see the grotesqueness of my equipped gear.
    Imperial DK and Necro tank. PC/NA
    "Nothing is so bad that it can't get any worse." (Brazilian saying)
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_Kevin In your "known issues" thread, you wrote,
    While we are investigating this issue, please refrain from rezoning (including accepting a queue) while your character is dead

This outfit bug affected @skinnycheeks and me, and neither of us rezoned while dead.

However, I had captured on video the exact moment the outfit bug struck me.

We were fighting the final boss of Bedlam HM, and we both died a few seconds before the boss died; since the boss was practically dead, the rest of the group just killed the boss without rezzing us.

Here is my character a second before the boss died. Notice that my shield is the Ancestral Breton style.
    izdzvgz4yuic.png

And then one second later, when the boss died, my shield changed to its actual appearance, without an outfit style.
    nxq36cp7kdaa.png

So the loss of the style happened the instant the boss died. We didn't rezone. Since this was also our first time in this dungeon on Live, the following things also happened when the boss died, and maybe one of them is connected?
    • We unlocked a collectible memento.
    • We collected a number of achievements.
    • We earned the daily endeavor for completing a dungeon.
    Edited by code65536 on March 12, 2024 6:38AM
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • Malprave
    Malprave
    ✭✭✭✭
    Same. After vet Bedlam Veil I suddenly realized my outfit was gone and I was looking at a big ugly Slimecraw head.
  • Anyammis
    Anyammis
    ✭✭✭
    code65536 wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_Kevin In your "known issues" thread, you wrote,
    While we are investigating this issue, please refrain from rezoning (including accepting a queue) while your character is dead

This outfit bug affected @skinnycheeks and I, and neither of us rezoned while dead.

We were fighting the final boss of Bedlam HM, and we both died a few seconds before the boss died; since the boss was practically dead, the rest of the group just killed the boss without rezzing us.

Here is my character a second before the boss died. Notice that my shield is the Ancestral Breton style.
    izdzvgz4yuic.png

And then one second later, when the boss died, my shield changed to its actual appearance, without an outfit style.
    nxq36cp7kdaa.png

So the loss of the style happened the instant the boss died. We didn't rezone. Since this was also our first time in this dungeon on Live, the following things also happened when the boss died, and maybe one of them is connected?

This is exactly what just happened to someone in my group. We were doing Bedlam Veil nonhm for our live clear. Boss was at 3% and one of our dps died. We finished the boss while she was dead since it was basically dead and before we went into the dungeon all that anyone said that we saw was it was deaths related to rezoning (so we were careful not to fall or jump or what have you but didn't expect this). What's worse is the tank actually being cautious tried to necro rez her but he wiffed the targeting and his ult hit nothing so she did not get the revive prompt so this might have been avoided for us but at least I can confirm here it's most likely someone being dead when The Blind is killed in some manner....

Seriously hoping this helps isolate the bug for ZOS's team and helps others maybe avoid this fate.
    PC NA
    GM of Eyes of the Queen
  • Elvenheart
    Elvenheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think this may be one of the oddest bugs I have ever heard of.
  • g0thiCiCecReaM
    g0thiCiCecReaM
    ✭✭✭
    All of my outfits have been nerfed I was dead at the end of the last boss.
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    code65536 wrote: »

This outfit bug affected @skinnycheeks and I, and neither of us rezoned while dead.

izdzvgz4yuic.png

nxq36cp7kdaa.png

This is exactly what happened to me as well. At first I thought it was somehow part of the dungeon (I really had no idea what my gear looked like but it kind of worked as some kind of blind cultist outfit, kinda…)

Was this broken as part of the “fix” so that we can no longer preview our characters in non-matching class styles??? :expressionless:
  • g0thiCiCecReaM
    g0thiCiCecReaM
    ✭✭✭
    All of my outfits have been nerfed I was dead at the end of the last boss.

Ok, this probably wasn't the best description.

On the last boss in vet Bedlam Veil, we all died except for 1 of us at the very end. The last dps alive killed him (he was at 1%), when we started receiving the achievements for the first clear (and I think a skin from the achievements?) we all lost our outfits.

I have 9 outfits saved on my templar and all 9 of them were wiped of the selected armor pieces, but the dye selections are still there.
  • frogthroat
    frogthroat
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, happened to me as well. I don't know what is relevant, but this is how I noticed it:

I was wearing a costume and a hat on top of my outfit. Finished veteran Bedlam Veil and got the memento. I tried the memento while still in the dungeon. After that I noticed my staff changed to high elf staff. Checked all my outfits and they are all reset, except for the colours. Could be it happened before I used the memento, but I noticed it after the memento.

The only odd things I noticed before that was before the first boss I was a bit farther away when my group activated the bridge. For me the bridge to the last boss was still in pieces but I could walk over it in air.

I was also dead just seconds before the end boss died and told the others to just nuke the last couple of percent and not rez me.
  • Sarannah
    Sarannah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Elvenheart wrote: »
    I’m afraid to log in. 🤯
    Me too, this issue is heartbreaking as it took me months to perfect my outfits. I do not use add-ons and it would take me weeks, maybe even months, to restore these if I lost them. If I can restore them at all!

This needs fixing asap, and I hope ZOS can restore the outfits for those who lost their outfits.

Edit: To clarify, this bug hasn't happened to me yet. But it does scare me that it could happen.
    Edited by Sarannah on March 12, 2024 9:20AM
  • frogthroat
    frogthroat
    ✭✭✭
    Sarannah wrote: »
    This needs fixing asap, and I hope ZOS can restore the outfits for those who lost their outfits.

Indeed. I have not touched an outfit station in hopes they can restore the outfits. Not sure if it is possible, but I'm worried that if I touch an outfit station it will overwrite whatever there is to restore - if it can be restored.

And since I have multiple outfits, I hope ZOS' answer is not "oops, our bad, here's one single outfit token for your trouble". Even a token for each slot would be annoying since it takes time to find the pieces for the outfits.