Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

Please Cancel MYM Whitestrake's 2024

StihlReign
StihlReign
✭✭✭✭
In the game's current state MYM should be cancelled. The PvP experience has deteriorated to a state where it can take 10 minutes or more to get out of combat.

Repeated forced suicide is the only real option to continue playing after an encounter since we're often stuck in combat.

Friendly player heals prompt stuck in combat as well, so even if you die, and rez at the wayshrine, you should expect to enter combat if a healer is present and throwing around abilities.

Since you can't mount during this state, you should expect gameplay will be slow, grouping will be frustrating, and the flow of fighting will be erratic and tiresome as you wait for the game to release.

Buffs can also be affected by this state - stuck in combat is often paired with a nasty cocktail of other unresolved bugs and errors - see 49710.

This is the worst I've seen the SIC bug in years, and with no formal comment from the devs, we should expect it to continue unabated until either the skill, or the will to resolve the issue presents itself.
"O divine art of subtlety and secrecy!

Through you we learn to be invisible, through you inaudible; and hence we can hold the enemy’s fate in our hands.” – Ch. VI, v. 8-9. — Master Sun Tzu

"You haven't beaten me you've sacrificed sure footing for a killing stroke." — Ra's al Ghul

He who is prudent and lies in wait for an enemy who is not, will be victorious — Master Sun Tzu

LoS
  • auracite
    auracite
    normal
  • LadyLavina
    LadyLavina
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No. Absolutely not.

I say that with respect.

Better to urge them to work on it/patch it between now and then, than to just wildly post about cancelling it entirely.
    PC - NA @LadyLavina 1800+ CP PvP Tank and PvP Healer
  • SandandStars
    SandandStars
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magic 8 Ball says: Outlook not so good.

Edited by SandandStars on February 18, 2024 12:13AM
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The performance seems better during MYM events anyway
  • ComboBreaker88
    ComboBreaker88
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Simply allow mounting while in combat...
  • RetPing
    RetPing
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My advice, accept ESO PvP for how it is (because it will never get better) or move to a different game.
    It will save you a lot of frustration.
  • Sarannah
    Sarannah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Nah, they really shouldn't cancel MYM because of those reasons. They should cancel MYM because noone wants to PvP.

I know what I'll be doing during that event: Grab my tickets as fast as possible, be annoyed by all the delays and time wasted due to gankers/PvPers, and then log off for the rest of the day while being annoyed.

PS: Don't make us go to multiple PvP zones to get all the event tickets in PvP events, as that's even more annoying on top of PvP itself being annoying/stupid.
  • RetPing
    RetPing
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sarannah wrote: »
    Nah, they really shouldn't cancel MYM because of those reasons. They should cancel MYM because noone wants to PvP.

I know what I'll be doing during that event: Grab my tickets as fast as possible, be annoyed by all the delays and time wasted due to gankers/PvPers, and then log off for the rest of the day while being annoyed.

PS: Don't make us go to multiple PvP zones to get all the event tickets in PvP events, as that's even more annoying on top of PvP itself being annoying/stupid.

A lot of people want to pvp.
    No one is asking you to came, you could just avoid the only two event that are about pvp.
    Edited by RetPing on February 18, 2024 11:32AM
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

no thanks
    miaow! i'm Luna ( she/her ).

🌸*throws cherry blossom on you*🌸
    "Eagles advance, traveler! And may the Green watch and keep you."
    🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    StihlReign wrote: »
    In the game's current state MYM should be cancelled. The PvP experience has deteriorated to a state where it can take 10 minutes or more to get out of combat.

Repeated forced suicide is the only real option to continue playing after an encounter since we're often stuck in combat.

Friendly player heals prompt stuck in combat as well, so even if you die, and rez at the wayshrine, you should expect to enter combat if a healer is present and throwing around abilities.

Since you can't mount during this state, you should expect gameplay will be slow, grouping will be frustrating, and the flow of fighting will be erratic and tiresome as you wait for the game to release.

Buffs can also be affected by this state - stuck in combat is often paired with a nasty cocktail of other unresolved bugs and errors - see 49710.

This is the worst I've seen the SIC bug in years, and with no formal comment from the devs, we should expect it to continue unabated until either the skill, or the will to resolve the issue presents itself.

I agree the bug is terrible and ridiculous, but you don’t have to suicide to fix the bug. Enter a delve or (better still) port to your home base and quickly enter then exit Cheesemonger’s Hollow. When you see people saying they’re going to “take a quick cheese bath”, that’s what they’re referring to,
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I’m going to assume that the approximately 1000 regular players in the two PVP guilds I’m in want to PVP, so I disagree with your first statement entirely…

Every mayhem event, it’s the same old thing: PVEers bitterly complaining and implying that theirs is the ONLY play style that matters in this game. :( It’s very disrespectful.

If you want to actually enjoy the event and others like it, I’d encourage you to join a friendly PVP guild. We will happily help you get your tickets and help you earn millions of AP that you can turn into gold.
  • Jierdanit
    Jierdanit
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh no how horrible you poor PvEer have to do PvP for 2 weeks to get those super important cosmetic things with event tickets.

Those lucky PvPers who only have to PvE basically everyday to get their gear and consumables that are totally not important can't even imagine your pain.
    PC/EU, StamSorc Main
  • Grizzbeorn
    Grizzbeorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    They should cancel MYM because noone wants to PvP.

Incredibly wrong.
      PC/NA Warden Main
    • Sarannah
      Sarannah
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭
      Sorry, but that is just my opinion on PvP. And, I can honestly say I have never prevented or delayed anyone from getting their event tickets during a PvE event. So that should not happen in PvP events either.

Also, I have nothing against PvPers or PvP in general(I just hate it). And do feel ZOS needs to pay attention to PvP. But being 'forced' into it is wrong on so many levels. PvP requires levels, gear, skill, skillpoints, preparation, reflexes, stable internet, etc... not everyone can do that. Besides that, I do not think PvP in ESO is actually really PvP. It is more of a gankfest. PvP needs some really serious changes to make it accessible for everyone, before players should ever be 'forced' into it.

If players actually wanted to PvP in ESO, those zones would be packed when there isn't an event going on.
      Jierdanit wrote: »
      Those lucky PvPers who only have to PvE basically everyday to get their gear and consumables that are totally not important can't even imagine your pain.
      Well, to be honest this is one of the things ZOS should change about PvP in my opinion. No potions, no food/drinks, basic gear sets/loadout choices, dpsgap removed, no add-ons, etc... to make PvP truly fair and more easily accessible, even for PvPers. Fair PvP battles would be more fun for everyone.
      The problem is: Most players do not want fair PvP.
      Edited by Sarannah on February 18, 2024 1:53PM
    • Pixiepumpkin
      Pixiepumpkin
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Sorry, but that is just my opinion on PvP. And, I can honestly say I have never prevented or delayed anyone from getting their event tickets during a PvE event. So that should not happen in PvP events either.

Also, I have nothing against PvPers or PvP in general(I just hate it). And do feel ZOS needs to pay attention to PvP. But being 'forced' into it is wrong on so many levels. PvP requires levels, gear, skill, skillpoints, preparation, reflexes, stable internet, etc... not everyone can do that. Besides that, I do not think PvP in ESO is actually really PvP. It is more of a gankfest. PvP needs some really serious changes to make it accessible for everyone, before players should ever be 'forced' into it.

If players actually wanted to PvP in ESO, those zones would be packed when there isn't an event going on.
      Jierdanit wrote: »
      Well, to be honest this is one of the things ZOS should change about PvP in my opinion. No potions, no food/drinks, basic gear sets/loadout choices, dpsgap removed, no add-ons, etc... to make PvP truly fair and more easily accessible, even for PvPers. Fair PvP battles would be more fun for everyone.
      The problem is: Most players do not want fair PvP.

100% spot on!

This is one of the things I miss the most about WOW pvp, the sets are curated by the devs speifically for each class/spec, allowing true skill (not cheese proc/gear) to win, and better balanced gameplay.

And you are right. The primary difference with a PVP player doing a PVE event vs a PVE player doing a PVP event is that in ESO any PVPer worth their salt can easily do the PVE event challenges. This is not the case when reversed. A PVE player has a much more difficult time obtaining the rewards.

Feeding improperly geared/trained PVE players into a PVP event is just bad design full stop.

Edited by Pixiepumpkin on February 18, 2024 2:25PM
      "𝕰𝖛𝖊𝖓 𝕲𝖔𝖉𝖘 𝖉𝖎𝖘𝖑𝖎𝖐𝖊 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖆𝖇𝖘𝖔𝖑𝖚𝖙𝖊, 𝖋𝖔𝖗 𝖎𝖙 𝖘𝖙𝖎𝖓𝖐𝖘 𝖔𝖋 𝖘𝖔𝖒𝖊𝖙𝖍𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖑𝖆𝖗𝖌𝖊𝖗 𝖙𝖍𝖆𝖓 𝖙𝖍𝖊𝖒𝖘𝖊𝖑𝖛𝖊𝖘." ― Sotha Sil
      PC/NA
    • Four_Fingers
      Four_Fingers
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I get stuck in combat in PvE as well, should we cancel all events?
    • Twig_Garlicshine
      Twig_Garlicshine
      ✭✭✭✭
      PVErs wanting to reduce their time in a PvP play style they don't like:
      1/ Form a guild group and go do the dailies before MYM, AND don't hand in,
      do this on two characters each, and you now have enough dailies to hand in one at a time, and receive event tickets without having to PvP during PvP event. -

PvPers trying to reduce their time in a PvE play style they don't like:
      1/ Play a different game.
      Edited by Twig_Garlicshine on February 18, 2024 2:58PM
    • LadyLavina
      LadyLavina
      ✭✭✭✭✭

You don't really get to buy/install a game where PvP is a core and well-advertised element, then gripe about it whilst demanding events for it be cancelled. [snip]

[edited for baiting]
      Edited by ZOS_Icy on February 18, 2024 4:12PM
    • Ragnarok0130
      Ragnarok0130
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭

Oh Lawd here we go again.....

Stop trying to prevent PVPers from having an event and enjoying the game just because you don't enjoy ESO PVP. You just need to complete a small amount of missions and you have your tickets - complete the mission, drive on, and be done until the next day and let the PVPers enjoy their time in the sun. You can also minimize your pain points by doing these missions during off hours when there's little to no PVPers present as well as dropping into an unpopulated no CP campaign.

I'm an end game trial main and think the PVPers need their own part of the game to be respected. Heck, I even jump into Cyro and IC during MYM because its exciting but I am certainly not a PVPer I'm a holiday tourist who dies far more often that I kill but it's a nice change of pace.
    • LadyLavina
      LadyLavina
      ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh Lawd here we go again.....

Stop trying to prevent PVPers from having an event and enjoying the game just because you don't enjoy ESO PVP. You just need to complete a small amount of missions and you have your tickets - complete the mission, drive on, and be done until the next day and let the PVPers enjoy their time in the sun. You can also minimize your pain points by doing these missions during off hours when there's little to no PVPers present as well as dropping into an unpopulated no CP campaign.

I'm an end game trial main and think the PVPers need their own part of the game to be respected. Heck, I even jump into Cyro and IC during MYM because its exciting but I am certainly not a PVPer I'm a holiday tourist who dies far more often that I kill but it's a nice change of pace.

Indeed. I tend to not PvE, but have to do so to gain access to certain things (dungeon/trial sets, mainly). Obviously PvP/E are apples and oranges. The point is there is no perfect game and , with all due respect, the opinions of some PvE'ers would be more respected if the loudest among them weren't so militantly anti-pvp.
      Edited by LadyLavina on February 18, 2024 3:17PM
    • RetPing
      RetPing
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      The primary difference with a PVP player doing a PVE event vs a PVE player doing a PVP event is that in ESO any PVPer worth their salt can easily do the PVE event challenges. This is not the case when reversed. A PVE player has a much more difficult time obtaining the rewards.

Feeding improperly geared/trained PVE players into a PVP event is just bad design full stop.

This is totally wrong, people explained many times how to do event during Mayehm with almost zero chanche of having to do PvP.
      [snip]
      [edited for baiting]
      Edited by ZOS_Icy on February 18, 2024 4:16PM
    • reazea
      reazea
      ✭✭✭✭✭

Many of us play ESO strictly for the PvP. Cyrodiil was the premier end game activity and ZOS used to advertise the game that way. They even used to support the zone with enough server resources to keep the zone highly populated and active. Original pop caps were 600/faction and there were still ques during prime time. So you couldn't be more wrong when you say "nobody wants to PvP". You're speaking for yourself.
    • Vonnegut2506
      Vonnegut2506
      ✭✭✭✭
      I love how people claim they are "forced to PvP" even though they don't like it. No one is forcing you to participate in the event. The only thing forcing you is your lack of patience to get tickets later in other non-PvP events. I don't particularly enjoy PvP, so I may just not do portions of the event. (Although, I'm not sure I have ever actually had any PvP in Cyrodiil while questing during one of these events.)

The one thing that should not happen because of whining on the forum though is cancelling any event. If you don't like to PvP, don't PvP. If you have event burnout, quit doing events for a while. But for the love of all that is holy in this world, quit with all the complaining about optional events.
    • Tommy_The_Gun
      Tommy_The_Gun
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      MYM would be fine, but for whatever reason ZOS has an abnormal obsession about one specific zone - Imperial City.

They made this zone and it was a huge flop. The entire DLC did not sold well. Even when ZOS made IC DLC as a Free DLC, it is still a dead empty Zone. And there is a good reason for it. It perfectly sums up all of the problems that PvP in ESO has. And those problems will exist because of the whole core concept. Mixed PvE & PvP never worked well. Ever, no matter the game.

It makes both PvE & PvP an unpleasant and toxic experience. And while Cyro is quite big, IC is not. It is a cramped tight zone that makes mixed PvE & PvP almost impossible to enjoy. On top of that ESO does not have any MM (cuz it is mmo) and pretty much no rules (aside from player made rules that are more or less "The Purge"). The result is that the only target audience that may enjoy ESO "PvP" are guilds & groups. And since ESO build its foundations on the TES franchise (games made for Single Player), it is no wonder that majority of ESO players are also Single "lone wolves" players, who mostly enjoy PvE solo play.

It would be totally fine to include IC in MYM, but the issue is that IC DLC is being pushed EVERYWHERE lately. Almost every event, almost every promotion seems to have obligatory "Trip to IC just to get ganked and smash a window in RL out of frustration" problem. ZOS. Stop doing that. IC is the only DLC that is being obsessively added everywhere. This needs to stop. We have other nice and cool DLC zones in the game that are better in almost every way and are not getting this much attention.

TL:DR
      MYM is fine, but what is not fine is IC being added to almost every Event (not just PvP evens). If something, IC should only be a part of PvP events, especially when it comes to even tickets. Ideally, even in PvP events we should have "a choice" what type of PvP content we like to do. If some one does not like IC, we should be able to just do 2 quests in Cyro to get event tickets. Forcing players to do content they do not enjoy is toxic for the game & its player base in the long run (not to mention unnecessary traffic & server load).
      Edited by Tommy_The_Gun on February 18, 2024 4:14PM
    • Pixiepumpkin
      Pixiepumpkin
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      RetPing wrote: »
      The primary difference with a PVP player doing a PVE event vs a PVE player doing a PVP event is that in ESO any PVPer worth their salt can easily do the PVE event challenges. This is not the case when reversed. A PVE player has a much more difficult time obtaining the rewards.

This is totally wrong, people explained many times how to do event during Mayehm with almost zero chanche of having to do PvP.
      [snip]

I am not wrong at all. Everything I said is the gospel truth and its not hard to understand why.

[edited to remove quote]
      Edited by ZOS_Icy on February 18, 2024 4:18PM
      "𝕰𝖛𝖊𝖓 𝕲𝖔𝖉𝖘 𝖉𝖎𝖘𝖑𝖎𝖐𝖊 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖆𝖇𝖘𝖔𝖑𝖚𝖙𝖊, 𝖋𝖔𝖗 𝖎𝖙 𝖘𝖙𝖎𝖓𝖐𝖘 𝖔𝖋 𝖘𝖔𝖒𝖊𝖙𝖍𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖑𝖆𝖗𝖌𝖊𝖗 𝖙𝖍𝖆𝖓 𝖙𝖍𝖊𝖒𝖘𝖊𝖑𝖛𝖊𝖘." ― Sotha Sil
      PC/NA
    • Amottica
      Amottica
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭
      LadyLavina wrote: »
      No. Absolutely not.

I say that with respect.

Better to urge them to work on it/patch it between now and then, than to just wildly post about cancelling it entirely.

Pretty much this.

• Braffin
      Braffin
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭

Maybe you aren't aware, but lots of players actually like to PvP.

Nothing should be cancelled for the sake of catering to entitlelism and FOMO.
      Never get between a cat and it's candy!
      ---
      Overland difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including One Tamriel, an overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver & Gold as a "you think you do but you don't" - tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game. I'm bored of dungeons, I'm bored of trials; make a personal difficulty slider for overland. It's not that hard.
    • Amottica
      Amottica
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭

This does not seem to be the case.
      The popularity of MYM, is that a great many go into Cyrodiil to PvP, that many want to PvP even if it is not their focus all year long.

Edited by Amottica on February 18, 2024 4:30PM
    • sarahthes
      sarahthes
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      Amottica wrote: »

This does not seem to be the case.
      The popularity of MYM, is that a great many go into Cyrodiil to PvP, that many want to PvP even if it is not their focus all year long.

Yup. I don't pvp very often but I really enjoy MYM and I've spent the past few days updating my build (which I haven't used since the previous PvP event).
    • olsborg
      olsborg
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Alow mounting in combat, unless you have taken dmg or dealt dmg in the last 10s

PC EU
      PvP only