The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

The Harrowstorm Bear mount.

dragonlord500
dragonlord500
✭✭✭✭✭
I'm curious if anyone is going to try to get this mount that's coming out in a few days. its likely going to cost 10k seals and 600 gems.so who's going to try and grab it?
Guild master of Darkness of Sanguinaris. Birthday is December 4th.

The Harrowstorm Bear mount. 60 votes

Sure I will love to have this mount in my collection!
16%
calitrumanb14_ESOAlendrinFischblutJierdanitYe_Olde_CroweDax_Draconismoo_2021dragonlord500iPlayOnlyESOwilykcat 10 votes
Nah... its a hard pass for me.
75%
chessalavakia_ESOArizona_SteveWhiteCoatSyndromeDanikatAlienSlofqwaurckAektannkadok00Wald1naGorbazzurkpeter1488ADarklorefizl101MyrnhielemilyhyoyeonCatagamicolossalvoidswhitecrowFlopsyPrincetsaescishoeshiner 45 votes
I don't have enough gems or seals for it.
8%
sharquezNachoProblemPixiepumpkinNeuroticPixelsCalastir 5 votes
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No, the effects hurt my head.
    miaow! i'm Luna ( she/her ).

🌸*throws cherry blossom on you*🌸
    "Eagles advance, traveler! And may the Green watch and keep you."
    🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
  • dragonlord500
    dragonlord500
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LunaFlora wrote: »
    No, the effects hurt my head.

Ya it is pretty flashy isn't it...
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    its summoning animation is especially awful

🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same as Luna.

All these flash and sound exploding mounts both hurts my eyes and gives me a headache.
    [Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I haven't seen it in-game but I'm not a fan of any of the atronach style mounts, and they tend to be very over the top with the effects. It doesn't bother me when other people use mounts with huge summoning animations, but if I use them I'd end up seeing it all the time and it would just get annoying and would put me off using the mount. I wouldn't want to spend that many seals (I never buy crates) for something I'm going to get sick of quickly and swap out.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • dragonlord500
    dragonlord500
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    EH!?! I'm going to likely be the only one getting this? oh well...
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don’t like most of such fx mounts — nature magic and a few others I make exception for — but most times I prefer a mount that fits in with the world of Tamriel.
  • dragonlord500
    dragonlord500
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I saw Mannimarcos staff on the PTS patch notes now its a HARD PASS for me! I'm going to spend my Endeavors on the Lichsteed now!
    Edited by dragonlord500 on February 13, 2024 1:56AM
  • SkaraMinoc
    SkaraMinoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    this mount that's coming out in a few days

This mount was released in 2022 and there's no poll option for players that already have it.

https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Harrowstorm_Bear

jBVreS7.png

Edited by SkaraMinoc on February 13, 2024 2:10AM
    PC NA
  • iPlayOnlyESO
    iPlayOnlyESO
    ✭✭✭
    I have it already, I like it. I like rich visual effects. 600 gems is cheap for it. It has
    • a summoning animation,
    • seperate roaring animation(flashy, hits like a lightning, I like it),
    • seperate animation after roaring ends(smoke),
    • also constant visual effects(electric arcs).
    It is like a radiant apex mount, it would easily fit into a 2500 gems spot of a crown crate. Also it's more rare because it is not available for a long duration and you can't get it dropped from a crate.
    Edited by iPlayOnlyESO on February 13, 2024 9:23AM
  • jlats
    jlats
    ✭✭✭✭
    I was there was a no option that isn’t “hard pass” because it’s not a hard pass for me, it’s just not a priority because I know there’s things I’d rather save for, but I probably would get it for my reach witch in future if I knew nothing else I wanted soon was coming.
  • fizl101
    fizl101
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nope, but mainly because I don't like bear mounts
    Soupy twist
  • RetPing
    RetPing
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another obnoxious flashy mount
    Please ZoS, give us a toggle to hide all those horrible flashy childish things that you are sellng.
    People that like them should be able to buy them but I am tired of having to look somewhere else to not be blinded by those abominations.
  • dragonlord500
    dragonlord500
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And it costs exactly the same amount as an apex reward. which I'm very happy with. If its really to flashy for your eyes you might want to turn your bloom off.
    Edited by dragonlord500 on February 15, 2024 3:52PM
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And it costs exactly the same amount as an apex reward. which I'm very happy with. If its really to flashy for your eyes you might want to turn your bloom off.

People have different standards for 'too flashy'.

For me it's not about details like how much bloom there is, it's that my ideal for a mount summoning animation is nothing at all - the mount just appears. (Maybe if it's a magical creature it could fade in rather than appearing immediately, but still no extra effects.) So anything added to it is more than I want and if it lasts for more than a second or takes up more space than the mount itself it's likely to be too much and put me off getting it. It doesn't matter what that is, if a bunch of realistic plants which don't glow at all appeared around the mount and disappeared after 3 seconds that would still be too flashy for me and I'd rather have something which doesn't do that.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

there is no option for that.

🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    the summoning animation hurts due to the flash of light, the noise, and the lightning effects

🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
  • Fischblut
    Fischblut
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I haven't purchased any gem-exclusive item since we got Seals of Endeavors. Even older exclusive mounts lost their value for me when they started recycling them... So I intentionally skipped this awesome bear when it was released, and I was going to skip him again.

But this thread actually made me realize two things:

1) it's "just" 400 gems, compared to usually higher gem-exclusive mount prices :o

2) really good special Apex mounts are rare (especially nowadays); we just get more or less bland creatures for 400 gems season after season :/ And when it comes to Radiants, designers like to tease my inner perfectionist: almost each time they make good-looking mount, they assign simple (unedited) voice to it :'(

The look is not enough! I like my special mounts to have special voices, especially now that their rarity is no longer the reason to go for them ("thanks" to the gem shop and the seals shop).

I own some older gem-exclusive mounts whose quality is better than some Radiant Apex mounts. And this bear with crazy special effects and heavily-edited voice is one of new ones who can rival all gem-exclusives (including Legion Zero Charger who has nothing special going on except for awesome "mounting up" effect) and many Radiant Apex mounts as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Tf8Cw7vlOA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uTYRVQPmByk

The only thing which disappoints me: the trail after rearing up lasts just a few seconds (same as in Storm Atronach Apex mounts). I don't know why designers don't allow all special mounts to keep their trail effects permanently after rearing up (until dismount) :'(
    Frost Atronach Radiant Apex mounts are the only ones who can do this, and they must be cherished and held as example of awesomeness <3
  • whitecrow
    whitecrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I can afford it but it's too flashy for me.
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I cannot handle the animation of the bear mounts... they make me literally nauseous. There are only a few mount types that I can ride without feeling sick, probably why SENCHE has been my go-to mount for years. It's smooth, no jerking. I do like the Dwarven Spiders as well, the bipedals aren't bad, a horse is ok... but most others is a no. They do work well for my companions tho! ;)
    CP: 1965 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • moo_2021
    moo_2021
    ✭✭✭✭
    the summoning animation hurts due to the flash of light, the noise, and the lightning effects

I bought it as my first crate mount exactly for that :D

ZoS please give us earthquake and volcano eruption on the next mount.
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    moo_2021 wrote: »

I bought it as my first crate mount exactly for that :D

ZoS please give us earthquake and volcano eruption on the next mount.

please no.
    the spellscar quasigriff already has something similar. it hurts everytime i see it being summoned

🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
  • Arizona_Steve
    Arizona_Steve
    ✭✭✭✭
    Flash bang boom mounts have no place in the Elder Scrolls universe. Leave those for JRPGs.
    Wannabe Thalmor - Altmer MagSorc
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Crown gem mounts are WAY TOO EXPENSIVE!
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • moo_2021
    moo_2021
    ✭✭✭✭
    Flash bang boom mounts have no place in the Elder Scrolls universe. Leave those for JRPGs.

I'd settle for a dragon mount without flash bang.

Can be smaller than Elsweyr dragons, with occasional fire breath and gliding.
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I like my Yokudan Charger just fine, and if I want something flashy I burned Endeavors on the Psijic Horse a while back. No interest in the Harrowstorm Bear.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.
  • VisitHammerfell
    VisitHammerfell
    ✭✭✭
    I had it from when it was out before. 8000 seals. Bought it for my Gideon the Ninth based character because "Harrow"storm. I can tolerate some red brightness but not blue brightness so it's fine to me.
    FOR THE COVENANT!
    PS NA 2200+ CP
    🦁 Colonel 1 (25)

PS EU 1300+ CP
    🦁 Tribune 2 (28)

PS NA Alt 500+ CP
    🦁 Captain 1 (19)

Bring back Crafty Lerisa (with same voice actress)
  • derkaiserliche
    derkaiserliche
    ✭✭✭✭
    i would even vote to remove it completly out of the game for 1k crowns.

These flashy mounts destroy the immersion for me and many others imo
  • DekuDekuplex
    No; I do not plan to purchase it. Although I could probably afford it and believe that it is a bargain for the quality of its special effects, I don't especially desire it for the following reasons:

1) I don't especially like bear mounts in general, and
    2) Its style does not suit my taste.

Generally speaking, I prefer the following types of mounts:

1) Mounts that are themed on the beauty of nature (such as the Silver Nimbus Wolf or the Green-Graht Ghost Cat), or
    2) Mounts that are themed on the arcanism of magic (such as the Storm Atronach Wolf or the Varla-Born Wolf), or
    3) Mounts that are themed on the eternity of vampirism (Sanguinare Vampiris) or remind me of such (such as the Shadow-Rider Senche or the Sanguivorian Howler), or
    4) Mounts that are constructs (such as the Ebon Steel Dwarven Spider or the Ebony Dwarven Spider).

Currently, I am trying to assign each of my characters a unique and dedicated Dwarven Spider mount. Although the Ebony Dwarven Spider might not seem very flashy, it suits my taste most because it has a unique motion that is activated by pressing the space bar after summoning, and because it hints at ancient but technically advanced technology. It vaguely reminds me of the TIE Advanced X1, which was the TIE fighter used by Darth Vader in "Star Wars: Episode IV - A New Hope" (not to imply that I am a "Star Wars" aficionado): Neither may seem very impressive from a distance; however, upon closer examination, both have distance advantages over the standard versions. In the case of this mount, in addition to emanating blue fire in its unique standstill jump motion, it has exhaust fumes that glow at night, special lighted rear ducts, and an underneath lighting effect that shines beneath the mount and indirectly illuminates its surroundings as it travels.
    Edited by DekuDekuplex on March 13, 2024 6:33PM