Update 41 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of February 26:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – February 26

ZOS Please reinstate the 1 Perfected weapons from normal maelstrom arena

RaikaNA
RaikaNA
✭✭✭✭✭
@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_Kevin

Come on guys... this is an event...Please remove the hotfix and let people get a single perfected weapon drop on normal. Why did this need an immediate emergency hotfix when there's so much other stuff that you guys can focus on?

Again this is an event..Let people who otherwise can't complete vMA (for whatever reason that might be) have an opportunity to get the perfected weapons. you showed mercy when you allowed people to farm weapons on normal so please show the same during this event.
Edited by ZOS_Suserial on January 23, 2024 7:54PM
  • Galeriano
    Galeriano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tannus15 wrote: »
    also perfected weapons give a barely noticeable benefit. the most commonly used weapons apply 1k pen on the back bar. it's not a big deal.

That 1k pen is very often also completly useless. Not only all abilities dmg scales dynamically from the bar You're on not from the bar they were casted (so that additional pen will be active like 20-30% of a time and mainly for DoTs) but also in many PvE encounters it's really easy today to reach penetration cap which makes that 1k pen a dead stat.
    Edited by Galeriano on January 20, 2024 3:42AM
  • Dax_Draconis
    Dax_Draconis
    ✭✭✭
    spartaxoxo wrote: »
    No. I'm annoyed it ever dropped from nma in the first place. Vet weapons are, or were, a sign someone did it on vet. Let it stay that way

I'm annoyed my maelstrom bow is no longer a vet weapon. I did spend hours getting it on vet.
  • p_tsakirisb16_ESO
    p_tsakirisb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RaikaNA wrote: »
    No. I'm annoyed it ever dropped from nma in the first place. Vet weapons are, or were, a sign someone did it on vet. Let it stay that way

I'm curious as to why you are annoyed that it dropped from nma? Did it impact you personally? How did it ruin your game experience?

Why you ask the obvious question against hypocrites?

As pointed last night to the other discussion, is frustrating to see those who cry about the Perf weapon from nMA, are exploiting Sea Serpent Coil as Vampires in PVP for very long time which actually has impact against other players.
  • Dragonnord
    Dragonnord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    N00BxV1 wrote: »
    I'm still annoyed about the way zos handled the perfected weapons in the first place. We earned those weapons on veteran, and then they add perfected weapons but tell us to just go do it again instead of changing ours to perfected... No thanks. I haven't touched Maelstrom Arena since and nothing will change my mind.

Dude! That happened like 100 years ago.

If nowadays you can't complete Maelstrom easily (that's why I take from your words or you wouldn't be complaining) then I can assure you that you don't need the Perfected weapons for anything.

SERVER: NA | PLATFORM: PC | OS: Windows 10 | CLIENT: Steam | ESO PLUS: Yes
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    That's an interesting perspective on a bugfix.. instead of being glad no one is banned for this exploit.

Not sure why anyone would need vet weapon nowadays in a first place when they're virtually the same from normal.
    Edited by colossalvoids on January 20, 2024 12:57PM
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    i get it.
    but it isn't gonna happen.
    it was a bug that zos fixed.
    miaow! i'm Luna ( she/her ).

🌸*throws cherry blossom on you*🌸
    "Eagles advance, traveler! And may the Green watch and keep you."
    🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
  • CoronHR
    CoronHR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i thought this was a bug. glad i ran nma a couple of times yesterday. now i can forget about it
    PC - EU - Steam client
  • RaikaNA
    RaikaNA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WitchyKiki wrote: »

Yep, agree with this. If you can't do the content, you shouldn't get the reward. Thats the whole point!

That logic is not accurate... you see ZOS allows people to provide carrying services... yes people pay other people gold to carry them through hard content that they otherwise can't do themselves like veteran trials to obtain skins and titles. This includes 4 man content like DSA and dungeons.
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Yep, agree with this. If you can't do the content, you shouldn't get the reward. Thats the whole point!

That logic is not accurate... you see ZOS allows people to provide carrying services... yes people pay other people gold to carry them through hard content that they otherwise can't do themselves like veteran trials to obtain skins and titles. This includes 4 man content like DSA and dungeons.

What's inaccurate about it? In one case you're literally not doing the content you're getting reward from and in the other case it's group of mercenaries doing your bidding for the gold you've decided to farm to get it.
  • RaikaNA
    RaikaNA
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What's inaccurate about it? In one case you're literally not doing the content you're getting reward from and in the other case it's group of mercenaries doing your bidding for the gold you've decided to farm to get it.

The whole point about my thread is that theirs an event going on right now that involves MA... during a non event.. I agree with you in the sense that vet weapons shouldn't be dropping on normal. There should be an exception to the rules during event times.

Oh, and you are doing the content LOL just not on vet. You have to play MA and complete it for you to get the rewards.
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

The whole point about my thread is that theirs an event going on right now that involves MA... during a non event.. I agree with you in the sense that vet weapons shouldn't be dropping on normal. There should be an exception to the rules during event times.

Oh, and you are doing the content LOL just not on vet. You have to play MA and complete it for you to get the rewards.

You can stretch it however you want, it doesn't make vet ma rewards a normal mode reward, no matter event or not.

First time they've diminished VMA were their decision to hand out weapons on normal, it doesn't need to be even more obsolete having special "vet reward days" on top of that. There was an argument that people need vet rewards first to complete vet content, it wasn't the case in reality but zos listened and made a change. Now you don't need vet reward of that kind, as it's the same one as on vet. Even I don't need it doing trifectas etc., didn't even bothered to upgrade some of my characters with new perfected ones as it makes no difference.
This discussion has been closed.