Update 41 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of February 26:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – February 26

Devs interview with Massively about upcoming content! (non-scribing/gold road story thread)

spartaxoxo
spartaxoxo
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Below is a summary of the things they stated, organized into what's coming, what's on the to-do list, and what's planned. For the full information in its proper context, please read the whole article. They also discussed the Gold Road chapter a bit, but I left that part out as there are other discussion threads for the Gold Road story, scribing, etc.

https://massivelyop.com/2024/01/18/elder-scrolls-onlines-gold-road-chapter-takes-players-back-to-oblivions-best-city-on-june-3/

Things that are coming up!

1. Food and Potion hybridization with U41!
2. Infinite Archive will be expanded on, but no spoilers yet!
3. Siege Stacking (part of their effort to reduce inventory pressure without just adding more slots)
4. Continued work on pvp performance. Something PvP related but NOT related to Cyrodiil. “PvP is definitely a big part of our future.”
5. Just going to directly quote the article here "ZOS says years 1-9 were all about figuring the game out, figuring out what the game is and who wanted to play it. Ten and beyond is about more content and improving the game tech and making it all more accessible – and that includes more basegame improvements."

Things that are on their to-do list
2. Story Mode for dungeons (but not happening anytime soon)
3. Improvements for guilds
4. Further work on pvp performance

Things they are saying there are currently no plans to-do.
1. Major sweeping overhauls
2. Puzzles that gate progression. They want to do better puzzles, but they will continue to be easy.
3. Harder overland

Honorable mention

1. ZOS knows we want cross-save but they won't promise anything.

What do you guys think?
Edited by spartaxoxo on January 19, 2024 9:09PM
  • Destai
    Destai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Good interview, thanks for sharing!

I’m happy with their direction, especially around relieving inventory pressure. There’s so much work to do there, so I can imagine they have some challenges ahead.

I think if they can move armory slotted gear to its own inventory, do something about treasure maps and surveys, it would go a long way.
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Interesting article. Thanks for linking it @spartaxoxo.

I think it's time I ran the Necrom questline (so I started it today). There's a lot of stuff in the article that I just don't really have an opinion about. As long as I can get by most of the chapter quests without issue, and hopefully don't die over and over and over again to the story quest bosses (like I did in Blackwood and High Isle), I'll call it a good thing.

Scribing seems like the kind of fun I'll really enjoy - like I still love and enjoy antiquities and the Psijiic quest line.

But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending.

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- three accounts, many alts....
  • OtarTheMad
    OtarTheMad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thanks for sharing! All that is really good info.
  • Nihilr
    Nihilr
    ✭✭✭
    spartaxoxo wrote: »
    * Food and Potion hybridization with U41!
    * Infinite Archive... expanded on...
    * Siege Stacking...
    * Continued work on pvp performance. Something PvP related but NOT related to Cyrodiil...
    * Story Mode for dungeons (but not happening anytime soon)
    * ZOS knows we want cross-save but they won't promise anything.

* Food and potion hybridization!! I hope they just reduce the total recipes. So much redundancy... I understand writs, and culture related dishes for immersion, but it's kinda out of hand.
    * IA was expected. Also expect the same with Scribing in the future too.
    * Siege stacking! Related: Furnishings bag maybe next with the Q3 housing feature? ;)
    * PvPer's should be happy. But I'm sure we'll hear tons of "I'm not going to get excited until we know exactly what it is." blah blah. lol
    * STORY. MODE. Yes. Needed for solo/co-op players (ahem, my husband and I). Most anticipated feature out of all of this.
    * Cross-saving will be perfect when they discontinue older consoles for data transfer!! This allows them to grow without weakest system memory holding back the whole game. Awesome.
  • ArchangelIsraphel
    ArchangelIsraphel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Wow, that is a HUGE amount of items from the usual wishlist we see on the forums every day! I'm more excited for the games future than I ever have been before.

I'm especially happy about siege stacking, my poor inventory can have a break. This is glorious.
    Legends never die
    They're written down in eternity
    But you'll never see the price it costs
    The scars collected all their lives
    When everything's lost, they pick up their hearts and avenge defeat
    Before it all starts, they suffer through harm just to touch a dream
    Oh, pick yourself up, 'cause
    Legends never die
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Siege stacking though - once you pull it out and use it and put it back, they no longer stack.

I save mine because I buy a lot of siege and don’t want to waste AP.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am curious what the Infinite Archive changes will be. This excites and scares me at the same time.

I'm also excited about story mode for dungeons. I hope this includes all dungeons.
    PCNA
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Idea for all of those old recipes that hardly anyone ever uses except for completing daily Provisioning writs:

Create a new Provisioning skill called "meals" where the ingredients called for by the "meals" recipes are themselves low-level food and drink items crafted by the player.

Examples:

Meal "Chicken-and-Corn with Lager"
    Ingredients:
    - "Chicken Breast" (Level 1)
    - "Roast Corn" (Level 1)
    - "Golden Lager" (Level 1)

Meal "Pork-and-Plantains with Chai"
    Ingedients:
    - "Roast Pig"
    - "Banana Surprise"
    - "Mint Chai"

Probably wouldn't want to go above a certain Level with the ingredients or else it might be too OP.
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • Springey
    Springey
    ✭✭
    They should put "Converting the Vossa-Satl and Mire Drum Mementos into looping emotes" on #1...
    :(
  • TheImperfect
    TheImperfect
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd like to be able to do something with recipes that I already collected other than selling, gifting or destroying.
  • vsrs_au
    vsrs_au
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    SeaGtGruff wrote: »
    3. Siege Stacking (part of their effort to reduce inventory pressure without just adding more slots)

Yes! And stacking of Runeboxes and Treasure Maps, too, please!
    ... and crafted items (armor, jewelry, weapons).
    PC(Steam) / EU / play from Melbourne, Australia / avg ping 390
  • old_scopie1945
    old_scopie1945
    ✭✭✭✭
    Story Mode, deffo.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the link.
    Makes sense. When you only have one stat, and it doesn't matter which one it is, food and potions for specific stats are no longer needed.

Most of the food, drink, and potion consumables in the game are unused, anyway. They just need the Glorious Chicken Dinner Smoothie that boosts the stat and stat recovery and we can drop all of the others.
    Something PvP related but NOT related to Cyrodiil. “PvP is definitely a big part of our future.”

Well, that either means battleground modes or something new, then. I have already heard people say that a Battleground mode is not something they want. Either way, I am sure that a "believe it when we see it" will prevail.
    I am curious what the Infinite Archive changes will be. This excites and scares me at the same time.

Probably new visions and verses, along with new side quests, and maybe a new arena platform. They will probably add in new bosses from the annual dungeon DLC, too.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Freilauftomate
    Freilauftomate
    ✭✭✭✭
    From the linked article: "During the press and influencer preview stream ahead of the show, Lambert answered multiple questions about the chapter and the future of the game"

Can someone please help me find this "preview stream"?

I don't really care about trailers and shows. I am way more interested in interviews that actually answer important questions.
    Edited by Freilauftomate on January 20, 2024 12:10PM
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    From the linked article: "During the press and influencer preview stream ahead of the show, Lambert answered multiple questions about the chapter and the future of the game"

I would guess it is not public. Based on what Nefas said, it was just for the press and a few streamers. That leads me to assume that this content was expected to be passed along, not consumed directly by the end users.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • VDoom1
    VDoom1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    From that list I am quite excited about siege stacking. I'm quite certain that a lot of players, especially players who do a lot of Cyrodiil PvP have a very crowded inventory with siege weapons.

Also curios what improvements will be coming in the future. :)

Personally I'd love some sort of preview of furniture crafting recipes. So you can see what a chair looks like, before you learn the recipe.
    We Fight For Cyrodiil.
    We fight for The Daggerfall Covenant.
    We fight for The Aldmeri Dominion.
    We fight for The Ebonheart Pact.
    We fight for Tamriel!
    CP 1200+
    Grand Master Crafter | Tamriel Hero
    Imperial Dragonknight
    Khajiit Necromancer
    Altmer Templar | Dunmer Nightblade
    Khajiit Nightblade | Argonian Dragonknight
    Altmer Sorcerer | Breton Nightblade
    Nord Warden | Dunmer Sorcerer
    Guild - Priests Of Hircine
    ESO Since 2014
    PC - EU
  • KlauthWarthog
    KlauthWarthog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    While I do appreciate the stuff in the list, the lack of "glyph stacking" stands out like a sore thumb.
  • Freilauftomate
    Freilauftomate
    ✭✭✭✭
    Elsonso wrote: »

I would guess it is not public. Based on what Nefas said, it was just for the press and a few streamers. That leads me to assume that this content was expected to be passed along, not consumed directly by the end users.

The gaming press tends to leave out all the interesting parts and likes to focus more on advertising. It's very rare to find an interview where hard questions are being asked and answered.

And i find most streamers (and content creators) way too time consuming and annoying to watch.

It's kind of a shame that customers are kept in the dark about so many things that would be interesting and important to know.
  • FelisCatus
    FelisCatus
    ✭✭✭✭
    Below is a summary of the things they stated, organized into what's coming, what's on the to-do list, and what's planned. For the full information in its proper context, please read the whole article. They also discussed the Gold Road chapter a bit, but I left that part out as there are other discussion threads for the Gold Road story, scribing, etc.

https://massivelyop.com/2024/01/18/elder-scrolls-onlines-gold-road-chapter-takes-players-back-to-oblivions-best-city-on-june-3/

Things that are coming up!

2. Infinite Archive will be expanded on, but no spoilers yet!
    4. Continued work on pvp performance. Something PvP related but NOT related to Cyrodiil. “PvP is definitely a big part of our future.”
    5. Just going to directly quote the article here "ZOS says years 1-9 were all about figuring the game out, figuring out what the game is and who wanted to play it. Ten and beyond is about more content and improving the game tech and making it all more accessible – and that includes more basegame improvements."

Things that are on their to-do list
    2. Story Mode for dungeons (but not happening anytime soon)
    3. Improvements for guilds
    4. Further work on pvp performance

Things they are saying there are currently no plans to-do.
    1. Major sweeping overhauls
    2. Puzzles that gate progression. They want to do better puzzles, but they will continue to be easy.
    3. Harder overland

Honorable mention

1. ZOS knows we want cross-save but they won't promise anything.

What do you guys think?

They need to add class change for QoL
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    VDoom1 wrote: »
    Personally I'd love some sort of preview of furniture crafting recipes. So you can see what a chair looks like, before you learn the recipe.

We can do that now. Just choose the recipe and click "R" to preview it.

This is how it works on PC, not sure about consoles. I don't believe this is from an add-on because I don't know any of mine that include that feature.
    PCNA
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    yea the basegame of eso has the option to preview furniture plans.
    it's the square button on PlayStation and i believe x button on Xbox and when using a controller on PC.
    miaow! i'm Luna ( she/her ).

🌸*throws cherry blossom on you*🌸
    "Eagles advance, traveler! And may the Green watch and keep you."
    🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
  • Jammy420
    Jammy420
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nihilr wrote: »
    * Food and Potion hybridization with U41!
    * Infinite Archive... expanded on...
    * Siege Stacking...
    * Continued work on pvp performance. Something PvP related but NOT related to Cyrodiil...
    * Story Mode for dungeons (but not happening anytime soon)
    * ZOS knows we want cross-save but they won't promise anything.

* Food and potion hybridization!! I hope they just reduce the total recipes. So much redundancy... I understand writs, and culture related dishes for immersion, but it's kinda out of hand.
    * IA was expected. Also expect the same with Scribing in the future too.
    * Siege stacking! Related: Furnishings bag maybe next with the Q3 housing feature? ;)
    * PvPer's should be happy. But I'm sure we'll hear tons of "I'm not going to get excited until we know exactly what it is." blah blah. lol
    * STORY. MODE. Yes. Needed for solo/co-op players (ahem, my husband and I). Most anticipated feature out of all of this.
    * Cross-saving will be perfect when they discontinue older consoles for data transfer!! This allows them to grow without weakest system memory holding back the whole game. Awesome.

If they didnt have a track record of ignoring pvpers in the pts, and all around, maybe we wouldn't be so skeptical. Cause and effect.
  • XSTRONG
    XSTRONG
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LunaFlora wrote: »
    yea the basegame of eso has the option to preview furniture plans.
    it's the square button on PlayStation and i believe x button on Xbox and when using a controller on PC.

Am I the only one thinking preview for Leads needs to happen?

If you get a lead you can press square to see the furniture or Mythic, now when I just get a random lead drop somewhere i rarley scry it.