Update 41 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of February 19:
· [COMPLETE] NA megaservers for maintenance – February 21, 4:00AM EST (9:00 UTC) - 7:00AM EST (12:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] EU megaservers for maintenance – February 21, 5:00 UTC (12:00AM EST) - 17:00 UTC (12:00PM EST)

What new content would you prefer the most? - poll

francesinhalover
francesinhalover
✭✭✭✭✭
Ok so i picked up things i see talked and asked a lot and would like to see the general opinion on it.
Cheers
I am @fluffypallascat pc eu if someone wants to play together
Shadow strike is the best cp passive ever!

What new content would you prefer the most? - poll 242 votes

Runes, Rune + One handed weapon - battle mage.
11%
BlueRavenssewallb14_ESODanikatnwilliams2107b16_ESOflizomicaSheezabeastMartoDojohodabbrown0770ArchMikemGiantFruitFlyKynigosMAEKChickenSuckerElectrone_MagnusAVaelhamN3CR01spartaxoxoREADLERMesite 29 votes
No weapons, just martial arts - Monk.
8%
loaganb16_ESOAvalonRangercyclonus11AstironElric_665Azrael_1976RaddlemanNumber7meekmikopelle412FiktiusGregahiziumUntilValhalla13MunkfistFluffyBirdSkaraMinocCooperharleyTybaltKainewilykcatSandandStars 21 votes
Bard - Music does damage.
2%
DarcyMardinRebornV3xEnvvyAnigma11VyneraCookieMeowsterClowdyAllDay 7 votes
Npc Romance/marriage.
8%
KesstrylArizona_SteveTreselegantSheridankip_silverwolfSilverBrideMathius_Mordredpeter1488GwythyrMikeSkyrim333SerasWhipVonnegut2506CatagamixclassgamingBretonMageJessieGoesBoomNachoProblemwhitecrowjtm1018Einar_Hrafnarsson 20 votes
Spear weapon.
7%
fleetingyouth_ESOAuroranGoldenEaglecaptainwolfosAlaztor91Tommy_The_GunDark_Lord_KuroFroilGiuliettaa_u_s_t_ylaniakea_0FangOfTheTwoMoonstomofhyruleDrammanothNeatleKS_Amt38huskandhungerCast_ElFaylenSol 18 votes
Spell crafting - create your own skills.
21%
SolarikenKendaricFaulgorphilips666_18b16_ESOSotha_SilDagoth_RacVulsahdaalEnemy-of-ColdharbourMrCray78XarcLumsdenmlDestaiBo0137jhall03PossRupzSkoomaTyharemilyhyoyeonChilly-McFreezeTornaad 53 votes
Maormer / sea elves playable race.
9%
GlassHalfFullWhiteCoatSyndromephaneub17_ESOCloudtraderGorbazzurkmarkywingsmabolethCerboltMarshRangerHazJ18696Punches_Below_BeltKallykatr34lianvibebornamapola76HlanuSilverStreekFenris_ArainaiSaeftiMafiaCat115 24 votes
Dwemer Technician skill - You can create and control dwemer constructs.
5%
LonePirateReverbjad11mumblerAzOutbackYandereGirlfriendPixiepumpkinSillanahHedgeHuggerLykeionboi_anachronism_YffresTrillMasteroshi430ESO_player123petanko 14 votes
Other.
23%
chessalavakia_ESOfreespiritMuizerSorakaPathLonestrydererdbeerheldCastagereSarannahNighn_9Rohamad_AliAcadianPaladinStamickamocapduaglothJierdanitKetarmish29Verbum_RithimusWarbow7SmellyUnlimited 56 votes
  • ClowdyAllDay
    ClowdyAllDay
    ✭✭✭
    Bard - Music does damage.
    I voted bard but realize it's likely never going to happen. That's ok, probably same goes with the rest of this list but it's always nice to dream. And who knows, maybe there's something better happening for anniversary time?
  • Cooperharley
    Cooperharley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Punching mobs in the face and it doing damage would be hilarious.

“Oh boy there goes Timmy rushing into a fight again with his fists. Wait… how is he doing 120k dps??”

I’d love the hell out of that. But in reality, all of those are great options! :) I’d also just love to see them update stuff we have - graphics, textures, PvP, QOL stuff, etc Happy holidays!
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    maormer playable race!
    we'd probably get new character slots and i could make my unofficial maormer arcanist really a maormer :)

i love maormer.

bard, unarmed, and one handed skill lines would be cool too.

spell crafting seems like a big fantasy as it was announced in 2014 and never happened, but it would be amazing if it happened someday.
    miaow! i'm Luna ( she/her ).

🌸*throws cherry blossom on you*🌸
    "Eagles advance, traveler! And may the Green watch and keep you."
    🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
  • MarshRangerHaz
    Playable Maormer would be awesome, perhaps one day alongside a Pyandonea chapter.
  • Billium813
    Billium813
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other.
    "Runes, Rune + One handed weapon - battle mage." / "Spear weapon."

Both of these fall in the category of "visuals over function". Players that want these, want the LOOK and I agree both would LOOK cool. However, I don't think either of these have enough design space to set themselves up FUNCTIONALLY different then other things we already have available. Style over substance.

"No weapons, just martial arts - Monk." / "Bard - Music does damage." / "Spell crafting - create your own skills." / "Dwemer Technician skill - You can create and control dwemer constructs."

These are all in the "I could see this working" category. New classes like Bard or Dwemer Technician are much more likely for ZOS to do. An unhanded weapon skill line or SpellCrafting would both be cool too, and has lots of design space, but really impacts all parts of combat. ZOS most likely will not want to take that much risk when they can develop compartmentalized in just a new Class. Less risk, less development.

"Npc Romance/marriage." / "Maormer / sea elves playable race."

These are in the "RP" category. Neither I think are likely to be considered by ZOS though. Marriage/Romance is way too touchy and risky for a game they want kids to play. A new playable race could be possible, but would need to have enough reason to develop all the styles, ingame references, zones, ect. The reward vs cost is really low for a new race in development effort and how much the game can make use of a new playable race.

Personally, I just want them to fix the myriad of issues in the base game and refresh the base game look to match all of the DLC development. Base game dungeons are falling apart at the seams, old zones are stale and boring. I want them to fix up what we have before taking time investing in something new. However, that doesn't sell a DLC... so we won't be seeing this anytime soon.
  • Billium813
    Billium813
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other.
    Billium813 wrote: »
    Marriage/Romance is way too touchy and risky for a game they want kids to play.

ESO has a mature rating. It's not aimed for kids.

That 17+ rating is really just for fantasy violence, drinking, and language, which are unavoidable really. There are some Sex, Nudity, and Romance references in the game already, yes, but they are minor quest elements or offhand comments. Marriage and Romance would be much more racy and politically correct. Why would they want to wade into that subject and suffer the potential backlash? Better for the company to steer clear of it entirely. A very small portion of your player base even cares for this element in the first place.
    Edited by Billium813 on December 21, 2023 7:10PM
  • AzuraFan
    AzuraFan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other.
    Repeatable quest-type systems that are more varied and interesting than the dailies we have now.

For example, bounty hunts (monsters, NPCs, and using Blade of Woe for Dark Brotherhood types), steal specific items, scavenger hunt items, find items for collections, etc.

I'd also be interested in seeing them add ALL options in ALL zones to quest givers like Bolgrul, rather than limiting these quest givers to a tiny percentage of what's available.

I'd love more story quests set in existing zones. No need for ZOS to create a whole new zone. I'd buy quest packs with short story arcs from the crown store if they were available.
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other.
    The game has so much wonderful content in it already that adding new stuff is challenging. I don’t care a bit for IA, ToT or the latest weird ugly zones (much prefer ‘normal’ terrain/topography like High Isles over the weird stuff like Clockwork City, Acrapaphobia, Deadlands).

What I’d really like to see is actually not new content but a refinement to existing content features. Some easy, some not so much. Examples:

Fix the butt on the Timbercrow Wanderer costume.
    Let mounts swim.
    Let mounts stick around for 7-8 seconds or so when you dismount – long enough to harvest and remount.
    Separate hip, butt, crotch flappers from chest apparel. Anything that gets attached at the waist (flappers, books, scrolls, pouches, etc) should be attached to belts, not chests).
    Class change tokens.
    Consider adding new content/quests to some of the older existing zones. I find these older zones the most beautiful and enjoyable by far.
    Keep working to reduce random crashes.
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
  • Sarannah
    Sarannah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Other.
    Many new playable races( lamia, nereid, watcher, dwemer, goblin, ogrim, dremora, hagraven, atronach, spriggan, minotaur, wraith, yaghra, etc) especially non-humanoid races, and atleast 50 character slots per server!
  • Quethrosar
    Quethrosar
    ✭✭✭✭
    Spell crafting - create your own skills.
    problem with anything they do , they do it in a way that makes all but 1 thing the meta to use. so while it would be nice to spellcraft, the result would be only 1 thing from it would be what you must use for most damage.
    they are incapable of making things different but all do the same damage.
    sets could be balanced so they all do the same damage in the end by a tier of the set, but they do not do this.
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other.
    AzuraFan wrote: »
    Repeatable quest-type systems that are more varied and interesting than the dailies we have now.

For example, bounty hunts (monsters, NPCs, and using Blade of Woe for Dark Brotherhood types), steal specific items, scavenger hunt items, find items for collections, etc.

I'd also be interested in seeing them add ALL options in ALL zones to quest givers like Bolgrul, rather than limiting these quest givers to a tiny percentage of what's available.

I'd love more story quests set in existing zones. No need for ZOS to create a whole new zone. I'd buy quest packs with short story arcs from the crown store if they were available.

Well, you said it all for me, so now I don't have to!

Other than all that, though, I want to see pvp get some love, even though I don't pvp myself. As I said in another thread, fair is fair - it's pvp's turn.

But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending.

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- three accounts, many alts....
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Runes, Rune + One handed weapon - battle mage.
    I'd also like to see NPC romances, a bard class, and spears (even if only as furniture).
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Other.
    No romances for me, too many Mass Effect flashbacks with Kaiden, ugh.

How about just - more content? We get less now.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other.
    No romances for me, too many Mass Effect flashbacks with Kaiden, ugh.

How about just - more content? We get less now.

Agree completely.

But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending.

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- three accounts, many alts....
  • phaneub17_ESO
    phaneub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And it will never happen even though it is quite plausible for a group of them splintering off and joining in this era, it wouldn't break the lore in other games as their induction would be short lived.
  • M1SHAAN
    M1SHAAN
    ✭✭✭
    I have simple tastes, I want to be able to catch an arrow out of the air and throw it back and suplex a dragon to death (I know, my dreams are unrealistic). The other options are good too, though some I'm not sure are feasible (like spellcrafting).

Also re: npc romance I think looking to previous Elder Scrolls titles would give us the best idea of what to expect as far as appropriateness for children. For example, here's marriage in Skyrim:
    Skyrim Marriage speedrun in 2:27 IGT
    It's not racy, so we're good to go! From this precedent I'd expect ESO romance to have the following steps:
    1. Escape a dragon attacking a town
    2. Realize that your hands are still bound, so head back to the dragon attack and then escape again
    3. Horse tilt halfway across the map at blinding speeds
    4. Get a friendly Ivarstead guard to carry you the rest of the way to Riften
    5. Trick a merchant into giving you all his gold by selling his own wares back to him
    6. Bribe the object of your affections 500g to marry you
    Oh man ESO romance is going to be awesome!!!
    (In all seriousness, I want NPC romance in ESO but I don't see why anyone would expect anything more than how it was implemented in Skyrim: completely chaste and deep as a puddle. But that's okay, sometimes you just want the collection of pixels to say nice things to the other collection of pixels).
  • DreamyLu
    DreamyLu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other.
    A new PvE map, big, with several treasure hunts including funny ones of the type "give to the poor", with full budget assigned to give it a rich and nice content (no companions, no side game like ToT, ...).
    I'm out of my mind, feel free to leave a message... PC/NA
  • Soarora
    Soarora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I am obsessed with Maormer to the point I've been building extensive headcanon for them. Case closed.
    PC/NA Dungeoneer (Tank/DPS/Heal), Trialist (DPS/Tank/Heal), and amateur Battlegrounder (DPS) with a passion for The Elder Scrolls lore
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other.
    Of the list, maormer as a playable race could be fun. Maybe spellcrafting, depending on how it was implemented, but I am not expecting that to be feasible.

Additional classes and characters can be fun, although I hope that sort of bard class is never introduced, honestly.

I would rather the systems we have be given further depth and improvements than adding new ones, although I’m not against it, and enjoy the Archive.
  • vibeborn
    vibeborn
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would like to see more diplomatic options in PvE overland, like if you had the persuasive skill (or what it's called) you could, if you met an enemy get a synergy that said something like "Offer peace". I think it should depend on how persuasive you are, and how well the enemies are willing to be manipulated, and it should also nullify the moment you kill or steal from them, after they have agreed to your peace offer.
    It should of course only be available in PvE, and only with unscripted fights, so no drinking tea with Nocturnal. It should also not be possible in group content like dungeons and trials etc.

My second choice is sea-elves
  • Zodiarkslayer
    Zodiarkslayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other.
    Stable Code.

Quality UI.

Rewarding rewards.

Ingame help wiki.

There is just so much...
    read, think and write.In that order.
  • Sarannah
    Sarannah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Other.
    Another idea: A PvE vs PvE zone.... where players have to choose 1 of 2 at-war factions, and do dailies for them. Each faction grants their own skilltree, and this tree is only available if you choose that faction and did enough dailies to unlock it(switching factions does not let you keep the other faction's skilltree). The more dailies for a specific faction are run, the more zone-area that faction unlocks against the other faction. Which could contain dailies which do not count to unlock more of the zone. If not enough dailies are done to keep an area unlocked, either the other faction or a neutral party will own it.
  • Blood_again
    Blood_again
    ✭✭✭✭
    Other.
    I would prefer a Dwemer Scientist class, not just a skill line.
    Skill lines could be:
    - electricity magic, like Sorcerers but with some tool effect (like Arcanists use books)
    - steam magic, may apply fire damage so as not to break the balance with totally new effects
    - mechanical summoner, like Warden, Necromancer or Sorcerer but with Dwemer machines

Yes, I know we should wait till 2025 for a new class.