Update 41 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of February 19:
· [COMPLETE] NA megaservers for maintenance – February 21, 4:00AM EST (9:00 UTC) - 7:00AM EST (12:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] EU megaservers for maintenance – February 21, 5:00 UTC (12:00AM EST) - 17:00 UTC (12:00PM EST)

Infinite Archive for the Week of December 12

fall0athboy
fall0athboy
✭✭✭✭
Overland Drops
  • Stonefalls
  • Deadlands

FIler Ool
  • Treasure Map: The Reach
  • Style Page: Symphony of Blades Mask
  • Companion Equipment: Jewelry
  • Fragments: Cartographer's Rucksak and Erroneous Archive Map
  • ToT: House Embassy Clue
  • Leads: Coral Clasp (Grahtwood, Pearls of Ehlnofey), Ebony Shalk Mounting (Telvanni Peninsula, Velothi Ur-Mage's Amulet)
  • Books: The Littlest Tomeshell, Visitor's Guide: Telvanni Peninsula
Edited by fall0athboy on December 12, 2023 8:11PM
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for posting everything! I appreciate it!
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    i might have to waste some archive currency on some purple companion jewelry lol, not like i dont have an excess of currency and little to spend it on lol
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i might have to waste some archive currency on some purple companion jewelry lol, not like i dont have an excess of currency and little to spend it on lol

Yeah, I'm still unlocking achievements but still picked up a couple of pieces of purple heavy armor anyway when it was available. The companion equipment cuts down on two layers of RNG so I'm happy to use it on that. I still have achievement stuff I need to get too, so I haven't went too crazy on the equipment. But I don't really care as much about the monster helms.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    spartaxoxo wrote: »

Yeah, I'm still unlocking achievements but still picked up a couple of pieces of purple heavy armor anyway when it was available. The companion equipment cuts down on two layers of RNG so I'm happy to use it on that. I still have achievement stuff I need to get too, so I haven't went too crazy on the equipment. But I don't really care as much about the monster helms.

i think you only need around 115 or 125k currency to buy all of the upgrades

i also used like 30k on the furnishing for the replica archive portal thing

bought every monster mask style page available since release

bought like 15-20 ichors when they were on the rotational shop to get the mount (bought a few of the other collectible items too)

also spent about 20k on high isle maps lol

and im still sitting at around 260k archive currency lol, those long runs give so much currency (a run to around arc 7-8 is worth about 60k archive fortunes)

the only things i have really to buy would be maps (if its a zone i need leads for), the monster style page, companion gear (if i need it), or leads (if its ones i need codex entries for still)
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for posting this, @fall0athboy !

I’m baffled at Stonefalls and Deadlands for overland drops again when we just had these! Granted, these are the least rewards from EA, but it’s nice to fill the stickerbook at least.

And at least the leads aren’t items that can be picked up off the ground this time… I’m waiting for those leads locked behind treasure chests and ToT…

• LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    thanks for the post :)

i'm so happy i was finally able to get the Symphony of Blades mask style this week
    miaow! i'm Luna ( she/her ).

🌸*throws cherry blossom on you*🌸
    "Eagles advance, traveler! And may the Green watch and keep you."
    🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
  • Caligamy_ESO
    Caligamy_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

The alchemy satchels aren't too shabby either :P I just leave myself plenty of buffer for the weekly reset in case I wanna buy a bunch of things in the vendor.
    Edited by Caligamy_ESO on December 15, 2023 2:48PM
    love is love
  • Billium813
    Billium813
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dang, I remember having to run Depths of Malatar like 20 times to get that style page.

I'm really starting to dislike how cheap these mask/shoulder style pages are in EA and how often they change whats offered. The dungeon boss Mask page drop chance during the Arms Pack sale is soo minuscule (>5%) and the Shoulder page cost of 50 Undaunted Keys would take many players a couple weeks. In comparison, you can make 15,000 Fortunes in like 2-3 Endless Archive runs (or less if you just farm Arc 1, taking like 20 minutes to complete and netting ~800 Fortunes per run).

Don't get me wrong, I'm happy more players have access to cool style pages, but it takes away from the Dungeon/Undaunted content and cheapens the reward. Why ever farm bosses during Arms Pack drops when the Archival Vendor will just sell it in a cycle? Why ever spend Undaunted Keys on Shoulder pages? The conversion rate seems out of balance.

I think they should either make the Style pages cost 150,000 Fortunes, or I would be equally fine with an adjustment to Dungeons to make the drop chance 100% when completed on HM.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Billium813 wrote: »
    Dang, I remember having to run Depths of Malatar like 20 times to get that style page.

I'm really starting to dislike how cheap these mask/shoulder style pages are in EA and how often they change whats offered. The dungeon boss Mask page drop chance during the Arms Pack sale is soo minuscule (>5%) and the Shoulder page cost of 50 Undaunted Keys would take many players a couple weeks. In comparison, you can make 15,000 Fortunes in like 2-3 Endless Archive runs (or less if you just farm Arc 1, taking like 20 minutes to complete and netting ~800 Fortunes per run).

Don't get me wrong, I'm happy more players have access to cool style pages, but it takes away from the Dungeon/Undaunted content and cheapens the reward. Why ever farm bosses during Arms Pack drops when the Archival Vendor will just sell it in a cycle? Why ever spend Undaunted Keys on Shoulder pages? The conversion rate seems out of balance.

I think they should either make the Style pages cost 150,000 Fortunes, or I would be equally fine with an adjustment to Dungeons to make the drop chance 100% when completed on HM.

you can make 15,000 fortunes in 1 run through arc 4, and about 60k fortunes running through about arc 8-9

since the currency increases per arc

base currency is 200 for cycle bosses/bonus stages, this increases by +100 per arc, and then the 10% eso+ bonus is added on top of that

arc 3 your already making 2x as much currency as you were in arc 1 for example, by the time in arc 7/8/9 im making almost 1000 currency per boss/bonus

i 100% agree about the currency costs though, in relation to archive fortunes vs undaunted keys, IMO 50 keys on a style page is an absolute waste considering how slow you accumulate the keys (you would have to run 10 characters through a 5 key pledge cycle (vet HM non-dlc, normal DLC) to get 50 keys for 1 shoulder)

and the drop rates on the style pages from bosses in the dungeons during arms pack was abysmal anyway, it was low enough i never bothered to even really try to farm them because of that

the main advantage you have earning them naturally is that those are sellable, while the archive ones are bound and can only be bought once

i think it will get to a point like with the gold vendor where you might only be missing a small selection and it never shows up (im still missing those dang ilambris shoulders because they never show up on the gold vendor lol)
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    i am happy we can get mask styles from the Archive instead of having to go to a dungeon when its arms pack happens to be in the crown store without guarantee of getting it.

15k fortunes is an awesome price for a mask style

150k is not easy in a week, not sure if that's even possible for most people.
    i'm only able to go to the Archive a few times a week and definitely can't get that many fortunes.

15k takes a few days for me most weeks.

this is so much better than farming dungeons on veteran dozens of times during the time arms packs are in the crown store without guaranteed mask styles.

🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I’m doing one run of the archive per week and 2 arcs and I think I’m only getting about 5k fortunes, even with the side puzzles.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• Billium813
    Billium813
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LunaFlora wrote: »
    i am happy we can get mask styles from the Archive instead of having to go to a dungeon when its arms pack happens to be in the crown store without guarantee of getting it.

15k fortunes is an awesome price for a mask style

150k is not easy in a week, not sure if that's even possible for most people.
    i'm only able to go to the Archive a few times a week and definitely can't get that many fortunes.

15k takes a few days for me most weeks.

this is so much better than farming dungeons on veteran dozens of times during the time arms packs are in the crown store without guaranteed mask styles.

OK, I actually crunched some numbers and I do agree that 150,000 Fortunes is too much. I had thrown that number out randomly, however 15,000 Fortunes is still too little. Here's how I thought about it, which I guarantee is more thought then ZOS put into it...

First off, there are two style pages in question here: Monster Shoulder pages, and Monster Mask pages. Monster Shoulder style pages can be bought for 50 Undaunted Keys, but Monster Mask style pages can only be achieved with hours upon hours of farming the same dungeon over and over...

---Monster Shoulder Style Page---

IMO, 5 keys per day is an average rate players get keys. That comes in at 1/10 the cost for Shoulder Style pages. You run Vet base game dungeons, which are easy as cake, and 1 normal dlc dungeon that is simple as pie. ezpz. I'd also estimate that 2 base game dungeons + 1 normal vet takes, on average, about 1 hour. Sometimes its more, sometimes less, not including speed running.

In my estimation, 1 hour in Endless Archive is roughly equivalent to completing Arc 2. The amount of Fortunes you get from completing Arc 2 is approximately 5,500 Fortunes. That includes the daily reward of 550 Fortunes. If we scale that amount of Fortunes up by the same factor Undaunted Keys are spent, then Monster Shoulder Style pages sold at the Endless Archive vendor should cost ~50k Fortunes (~5000 Fortunes * 10).

---Monster Mask Style Page---

This one is even more subjective. There's no Undaunted Keys involved, so it comes down to skill and RNG. There isn't really a good way to estimate this one, so all we can do it guess. I would estimate that, on average, it takes longer to get a Monster Mask Style Page then it would to get 50 Undaunted keys. That is an average, sometimes you get the page quickly in just a couple runs, but sometimes you farm the dungeon all weekend and get nothing...

I would personally say that Monster Mask Style pages sold at the Endless Archive vendor should cost ~70k Fortunes. That's totally open to interpretation though, I just feel like they should cost more then Shoulder Style pages.

Thoughts?
    Edited by Billium813 on December 16, 2023 2:59AM
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thoughts?

That this post has taken a personal average time spent, decided it was the average for the playerbase, and also totally ignored that players are meant to be able to farm more than 1 item from Flier OOL each week. And that ZOS probably has a better idea than we do about what the average player can be expected to earn each week, and what is a reasonable time commitment of what the above average player should be doing to be able to clear out Flier OOL.

• Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m glad there are some worthwhile items from the Archives merchant and not just easily acquired public dungeon fragments and leads that can be collected off the ground!

I’ve also farmed for monster masks before and bought one for too much (turns out I couldn’t get it to match my outfit no matter how I dyed it, alas).

(Edit: typo)
    Edited by Araneae6537 on December 16, 2023 5:19PM
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    spartaxoxo wrote: »
    Thoughts?

That this post has taken a personal average time spent, decided it was the average for the playerbase, and also totally ignored that players are meant to be able to farm more than 1 item from Flier OOL each week. And that ZOS probably has a better idea than we do about what the average player can be expected to earn each week, and what is a reasonable time commitment of what the above average player should be doing to be able to clear out Flier OOL.

agreed.

i get multiple items every week and not just the mask styles.

and if the mask style cost 70k i would probably just give up on it.
    50k for shoulder style is also absurd
    Edited by LunaFlora on December 16, 2023 4:18AM

🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
  • tsaescishoeshiner
    tsaescishoeshiner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have you seen how expensive the furnishings are at the other vendor? If you get to Arc 7 and stop, you earn around 14k Fortunes. That takes 3 hours--assuming you're even good enough to get there, since many players get stuck on Arcs 2-4. The furnishings cost anywhere from 5k-20k, for items you'd want many of to furnish a Mora-themed house.

15k for a Mask Style page is a great deal, and has made me really excited to do the Archive and spend Fortunes. I wish they added additional cool style pages/motif pages as a separate drop from the Masks.

If the Mask/Shoulder style pages cost more, like 50k, it would take a decently good player like 10+ hours to farm them. I'm not sure about you, but that doesn't sound fun to me.
    PC-NA
    in-game: @tsaescishoeshiner
  • AlterBlika
    AlterBlika
    ✭✭✭✭
    Have you seen how expensive the furnishings are at the other vendor? If you get to Arc 7 and stop, you earn around 14k Fortunes.

If you don't kill marauders, do side portals and kill these goblins at cycle bosses? Seems kinda wrong to me because I earn 14k much sooner
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For those of us who haven’t gotten past arc 3, it takes quite a while to earn 15k fortunes!
  • Billium813
    Billium813
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you get to Arc 7 and stop, you earn around 14k Fortunes.

Lies. You will get ~38k Fortunes.

Arc 1 gives 220 Fortunes per Cycle, Unknown Portal, Gw the Pilferer, Marauder. Killing Tho’ at Replicanum rewards twice that (440). Each Arc then increases the number of Fortunes rewarded by 110. That equates to a simple math Summation to get an approximation. On top of that, anyone who has actually been to Arc 7 can validate how many Fortunes you get.

Granted, there are a couple variables (Gw the Pilferer spawns, Unknown Portal spawns). But it doesn't change much unless you skip all of them. If you DO skip all Unknown Portals and Gw the Pilferer, you get ~25k Fortunes if you get to Arc 7 and stop.

This is what I got from a recent run. We did all the Unknowns and most of the Gw the Pilferer until Arc 6.

Arc 1 - 1980 Fortunes
    Arc 2 - 3630 Fortunes
    Arc 3 - 3960 Fortunes
    Arc 4 - 6050 Fortunes
    Arc 5 - 7260 Fortunes
    Arc 6 - 6930 Fortunes
    Arc 7 - 7040 Fortunes

36850 total Fortunes
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    For those of us who haven’t gotten past arc 3, it takes quite a while to earn 15k fortunes!

if you can clear arc 4, thats about 15k fortunes total for the run

so your not too far off, probably about 8k if you are ending in arc 3

you can get there lol
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
  • Sakiri
    Sakiri
    ✭✭✭✭✭

you can get there lol

I have about 320ish CP.

I can *Not* get past the first few bosses in arc 4, Tho'at would be a no go. I go with a friend in the 2100 CP range.

I just don't have the damage reduction on my oakensorc to take a hit from the bosses if I miss a dodge or block.

Not everyone can get to the later arcs.
  • Billium813
    Billium813
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sakiri wrote: »

you can get there lol

I have about 320ish CP.

I can *Not* get past the first few bosses in arc 4, Tho'at would be a no go. I go with a friend in the 2100 CP range.

I just don't have the damage reduction on my oakensorc to take a hit from the bosses if I miss a dodge or block.

Not everyone can get to the later arcs.

Are you saying you can't get past Arc 4 Solo or Co-op? Is the CP 2100 friend a Tank holding aggro, or are you both just selfish DPS? Based on the comment about taking a hit from a boss, I assume the CP 2100 friend is not a Tank. So, sounds like I found your problem. Without a dedicated Tank, you're gonna have a bad time...

First, Solo definitely needs to buff Fortune rewards since Arc 4 Solo is not the same as Arc 4 Co-op. Not even close IMO. The difficulty is much higher solo and the Fortunes should reflect that.

Second, with a dedicated Tank, there's no reason you can't get to high Arcs ezpz. I Tank and have taken several sub 1000 CP players into Endless Dungeon. Completing Arc 4 shouldn't be terribly difficult.
    Edited by Billium813 on December 18, 2023 4:43PM
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

you can get there lol

I intend to! My point, in this discussion of how long it takes to earn x amount of archival fortunes, is that many players cannot get to high paying arcs and for many of those players, it probably also takes a lot longer to get through the arcs they clear than it does for players such as yourself. Which is fine — doing better faster should bring more rewards. But like I said, regarding discussing how much an item should cost based on how long it takes to earn the currency, this is going to be vastly different for different people.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

you can get there lol

I intend to! My point, in this discussion of how long it takes to earn x amount of archival fortunes, is that many players cannot get to high paying arcs and for many of those players, it probably also takes a lot longer to get through the arcs they clear than it does for players such as yourself. Which is fine — doing better faster should bring more rewards. But like I said, regarding discussing how much an item should cost based on how long it takes to earn the currency, this is going to be vastly different for different people.

thats why i was in favor of leaving the costs as they are

im sure for some people, the 25k fortunes needed for some of the upgrades might seem like it would take some time

thats why when i usually feel like doing archive runs and im by myself i usually make a group finder for an arc 4 clear to help those who havent been able to clear up to that point
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

you can get there lol

thats why i was in favor of leaving the costs as they are

im sure for some people, the 25k fortunes needed for some of the upgrades might seem like it would take some time

thats why when i usually feel like doing archive runs and im by myself i usually make a group finder for an arc 4 clear to help those who havent been able to clear up to that point

I’m not even touching the upgrades until I purchase all of the antiquity leads that I will need, and as I said I get about 5k per week, so it will be a long time before I run out of things to buy.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA