Maintenance for the week of June 17:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – June 17, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – June 17, 10:00PM EDT (June 18, 2:00 UTC) - June 18, 5:00AM EDT (9:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – June 17, 10:00PM EDT (June 18, 2:00 UTC) - June 18, 5:00AM EDT (9:00 UTC)

I see maintenance is still in progress.. expected to last until 2 pm est time us for eu servers

• zaaSpaceMonkey
    PS EU will be forgotten? no?
    Options
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In an 2 minutes queue so they are up 😺
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
    Options
  • twev
    twev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WHY IS IT TAKING SO LONG???????

It takes longer than you think to wipe all of the spilled coffee out of a server.
    The problem with society these days is that no one drinks from the skulls of their enemies anymore.
    Options
  • thejadefalcon
    thejadefalcon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chill out go eat a croissant and smoke a cigarette or something. it'll open when it opens

Unfortunately, ZOS doesn't give a damn about guilds. Any other day, I would happily be playing something else. Tuesdays, I'm having to batter the login button to get in to make sure my guilds have traders.
    Options
  • BronwenD
    BronwenD
    ✭✭
    Neriala wrote: »
    how many minutes are a few? :s

PC is opening now!

Any updates for playstation EU please 🥺
    Options
  • AnonomissX
    AnonomissX
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just wanted to put in the trader bid because you know, I work the weekend and Monday and didn't see this

angry-mad.gif.
    Ebonheart Pact, Nord Templar/healer on NA Xbox server. My main toon WAS a tall and foxy redhead - now she has been gamma-irradiated and has green skin and black hair. 3 other characters I only use for writs. Can't be bothered to create multiple toons - EXCEPT now my WW is getting spooled up for Cyrodiil - Blood For The Pact! IRL cranky sometimes redhead chick at large in Las Vegas, NV
    Options
  • Grizzbeorn
    Grizzbeorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    LouisaB75 wrote: »
    Jaraal wrote: »
    All this talk of cats reminded me that I saw a congregation of cats in the game the other day. One appeared to be holding court and all the other strays in the area (with some delightful names I can't remember now) were wandering up to listen. Now it is going to bug me as to where I saw them. And unfortunately while the maintenance is going on I can't go retrace my steps to figure it out.

There is such a congregation in Suran, Vvardenfell. It's part of a cat quest that results in a very cat-appropriate furnishing. I highly recommend any cat fanciers do that quest as soon as possible!

That sounds like it might be the right place. I was probably pickpocketing in that zone at the time. Thanks.

What you describe doesn't actually sound like that quest to me. (quest name, "Nothing to Sneeze At," given by Tilenra Sildreth.)
    There is a congregation of cats near the end of that quest, outside the door of an Altmer's shop in Suran, but it is part of the quest, and I'm not sure if you can see them if you aren't the one doing the quest.
      PC/NA Warden Main
      Options
    • Jinxxy85
      Jinxxy85
      ✭✭✭
      Ps EU is up again!
      Options
    • herkemur
      herkemur
      ✭✭✭
      Grizzbeorn wrote: »

I *have* come close with him. Thankfully, he hits the back half of the seat which leaves me room to sit on the edge if I'm already fully committed to the sit.
      I'm in my 50s and have had cats around me my entire life, so I've become wise to their ways, and I've gotten used to the fact that he gets triggered whenever he hears the floor squeak outside my bedroom door. Plus, he's a big boy and not silent as he makes his charge, so I hear him coming. I keep hoping "maybe not this time...," but he always comes running if he's not already in my room.

My heavier cat, the "little heffalump" as I call her, is the one I am most likely to sit on as despite being very heavy she is lightning fast in getting into my seat. She has a habit of doing it when I have my hands full with a tray of food ... mine, not hers. The other one is more likely to be clambering over me and getting in the way. They each have their quirks and habits.

Unfortunately one of their more annoying habits is they like waking me at 3am or other silly times so they are shut out of my room over night. Much to their disgust and blatant trickery and sneakiness in trying to get in there and find a place to hide.

I have to keep my door shut at night, too. A big big tabby boy and an ebony girl - both rescues and still a bit feral - they always will come in but never sleep with me. Just on the bed and up to a window sill. Jarring. If they would just conk out on the bed, I'd be happy. For all that, they are affectionate in their own way and get along swell.
      Options
    • zedalert
      zedalert
      Soul Shriven
      Overamera wrote: »
      Hey everyone, just wanted to give you all a heads up that we will begin opening servers in just a few minutes. Thanks for your patience - we know maintenance today has been longer than usual!

Is there a reason for it being longer than usual?

The work being done today was all backend work that needed to be completed on all Live megaservers (such as firmware updates, among many other things).
      Can you please next time select a different window for maintenance, not during peak online.

PS 12 hours for a firmware update? I can completely reinstall dozens of servers from scratch during this period.
      Options
    • twev
      twev
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      zedalert wrote: »
      Hey everyone, just wanted to give you all a heads up that we will begin opening servers in just a few minutes. Thanks for your patience - we know maintenance today has been longer than usual!

The work being done today was all backend work that needed to be completed on all Live megaservers (such as firmware updates, among many other things).
      Can you please next time select a different window for maintenance, not during peak online.

PS 12 hours for a firmware update? I can completely reinstall dozens of servers from scratch during this period.

It's always 'peak online' time somewhere in the world.
      o:)
      The problem with society these days is that no one drinks from the skulls of their enemies anymore.
      Options
    • Grizzbeorn
      Grizzbeorn
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭

You apparently missed the, "among many other things" part of her post.
        PC/NA Warden Main
        Options
      • DragonRacer
        DragonRacer
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        ✭✭
        PS NA is up
        PS5 NA. GM of The PTK's - a free trading guild (CP 500+). Also a werewolf, bites are free when they're available. PSN = DragonRacer13
        Options
      • JemadarofCaerSalis
        JemadarofCaerSalis
        ✭✭✭
        I logged on at just after 6am this morning to do my dailies since I was up early anyway and was anticipating this sort of nonsense this evening. But still annoying and boring to wait. Just wish they would communicate as to what is happening.

Sadly, due to computer trouble, I have had to reinstall ESO, and unfortunately it didn't download fast enough and hit maintenance, so I am waiting until maintenance is over so I can hopefully get it installed and see if it will work and hopefully get my daily freebie.

Apparently I was wrong. ESO kept downloading so I was able to get in surprisingly quickly.
        Options
      • Katheriah
        Katheriah
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        ✭✭✭

You apparently missed the, "among many other things" part of her post.

Which usually means 'I don't know the details', which is honestly fine. I just hoped for some more pro-active communication.
        Options
      • AnonomissX
        AnonomissX
        ✭✭✭✭
        Xbox NA up!
        Ebonheart Pact, Nord Templar/healer on NA Xbox server. My main toon WAS a tall and foxy redhead - now she has been gamma-irradiated and has green skin and black hair. 3 other characters I only use for writs. Can't be bothered to create multiple toons - EXCEPT now my WW is getting spooled up for Cyrodiil - Blood For The Pact! IRL cranky sometimes redhead chick at large in Las Vegas, NV
        Options
      • LouisaB75
        LouisaB75
        ✭✭✭✭
        All this talk of cats reminded me that I saw a congregation of cats in the game the other day. One appeared to be holding court and all the other strays in the area (with some delightful names I can't remember now) were wandering up to listen. Now it is going to bug me as to where I saw them. And unfortunately while the maintenance is going on I can't go retrace my steps to figure it out.

There is such a congregation in Suran, Vvardenfell. It's part of a cat quest that results in a very cat-appropriate furnishing. I highly recommend any cat fanciers do that quest as soon as possible!

Not the congregation I had seen before but thanks for the heads up on the quest. My kitties in my town house will love their new toy. :D
        Options
      • Grizzbeorn
        Grizzbeorn
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        ✭✭✭
        Katheriah wrote: »
        I just hoped for some more pro-active communication.

The Community people aren't allowed to just blab any ol' information to us, however much they might want to and we might want it.
        They are tightly constrained as to what (and when) they can share.

Edited by Grizzbeorn on October 17, 2023 7:17PM
          PC/NA Warden Main
          Options
        • Calastir
          Calastir
          ✭✭✭
          Login queue 8 min 21 sec...
          Chaszmyr Do'Benrae (Dunmer Magsorc Vampire Infinity) ~ Dusk Doublespeak (Breton Magplar Werewolf) ~ Stan of Rimari (Nord Dragonknight Tank) ~ Bunto Kim Alhambra (Redguard Magplar Paladin) ~ Alicyankali (Argonian Magicka Necromancer Draugr Kin) ~ Gruuman Odinfan (Orsimer Magplar) ~ Boymans van Beuningen (Khajiit Stam Warden Bowzerker) ~ Flannelflail (Imperial Stamina Nightblade Brawler PVP) ~ Calastir (Altmer Stamina Dragonknight) ~ Sallystir (Bosmer Stam Warden Frostbite PVP) ~ Zalastir (Altmer Magicka Warden Ice Storm) ~ Capt Peach (Nord Stamcanist Crux Cannon) ~ PC EU ~ since May 26th, 2021.
          Options
        • Daimonion82
          Daimonion82
          ✭✭✭
          You really don't care about Europe... Basic decency requires giving us at least all endeavours seals and login reward for that day. But no. Even this bare minimum is too much. But what am I expecting after all these years?
          Disappoitment as always.
          I don't know... Is this some kind of mentality difference between Europe and NA? I would be ashamed for treating my customers this way.
          Options
        • I_killed_Vivec
          I_killed_Vivec
          ✭✭✭✭✭
          ✭✭
          Jinxxy85 wrote: »
          Ps EU is up again!

Is it? How can I be sure?

Queue time 9 minutes...
          Options
        • MrGarlic
          MrGarlic
          ✭✭✭✭✭
          I didn't even notice it was down ;)
          'Sharp Arrows'Mr.Garlic
          Hidden by darkness, a shadow in the night,A sped arrow dissecting the gloom,Finding it's target, such delight.
          Options
        • zaria
          zaria
          ✭✭✭✭✭
          ✭✭✭✭✭

That sounds like it might be the right place. I was probably pickpocketing in that zone at the time. Thanks.

What you describe doesn't actually sound like that quest to me. (quest name, "Nothing to Sneeze At," given by Tilenra Sildreth.)
          There is a congregation of cats near the end of that quest, outside the door of an Altmer's shop in Suran, but it is part of the quest, and I'm not sure if you can see them if you aren't the one doing the quest.
          This one remember it, felt like an pug raid group.
          DeEnscA.jpg

Grinding just make you go in circles.
          Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
          Options
        • YetAnotherLinuxUser
          YetAnotherLinuxUser
          ✭✭✭✭
          I got in!
          Options
        • Grizzbeorn
          Grizzbeorn
          ✭✭✭✭✭
          ✭✭✭

Not the congregation I had seen before but thanks for the heads up on the quest. My kitties in my town house will love their new toy. :D

@LouisaB75

You can also repeat that quest per-character. I've scored 9 kitty toys so far...
            PC/NA Warden Main
            Options
          • Jaraal
            Jaraal
            ✭✭✭✭✭
            ✭✭✭✭✭

@LouisaB75

You can also repeat that quest per-character. I've scored 9 kitty toys so far...

Yes and there's a non-named, different colored version of that toy that drops from pickpocketing thieves and outlaws across Tamriel.

Edited by Jaraal on October 17, 2023 9:10PM
            RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
            Options
          • Grizzbeorn
            Grizzbeorn
            ✭✭✭✭✭
            ✭✭✭

@LouisaB75

Yes and there's a non-named, different colored version of that toy that drops from pickpocketing thieves and outlaws across Tamriel.

I did not know that. Thanks for the heads-up!
              PC/NA Warden Main
              Options
            • Pelanora
              Pelanora
              ✭✭✭✭✭
              This thread is performance art.

Four different conversations at once. It was like being in Harold Pinter play.

Options
            • Necrotech_Master
              Necrotech_Master
              ✭✭✭✭✭
              ✭✭✭✭✭
              sarahthes wrote: »

Why are we only learning this after the fact though? Nearly an hour after maintenance was supposed to end. How many promises of better communication will it take before better communication actually happens? You don't even remember the Maintenance Announcements forum exists.

The maintenance is always boring backend stuff unless they announce it isn't. I don't see why they need to announce it every time. Besides, it's not exactly good operational security to announce that your firmware is out of date and requires patching.

while backend maintenance is boring, an initial window of 11 hours is still 2-3 times longer than the normal maintenance window so it would have been better if there was some explanation why the long downtime

it took 2 threads about the maintenance to get them to even mention that there was a delay on the maint making it take longer than expected

i think thats the kind of communication that people are expecting that isnt happening
              plays PC/NA
              handle @Necrotech_Master
              active player since april 2014
              Options
            • TaSheen
              TaSheen
              ✭✭✭✭✭
              ✭✭✭✭✭
              Well, something like firmware upgrades isn't a quick and dirty one and done. Now, I don't know what sort of server blades they're using - but the only time I ever had to do a firmware upgrade on a machine of my own the warnings were over a page long, and didn't really give me anything but "palpitations" to quote my grandmother.

That whole thing went "okay" - but I was very worried the entire time. After that, I just paid someone to do it. It was easier - if the shop screwed the pooch, THEY would be on the hook (that was "back then" - shops now have "exclusions" of course).

In any case, anyone expecting ZOS to provide chapter and verse ahead of time hasn't been around here long....

But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending.

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- three accounts, many alts....
              Options