I see maintenance is still in progress.. expected to last until 2 pm est time us for eu servers

YetAnotherLinuxUser
YetAnotherLinuxUser
✭✭✭✭
should i be worried that when i open the launcher and the game doesn't update and got a self-update error and a patch manifest error? panic now or wait until at least 2 pm to panic?
  • fizl101
    fizl101
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I would wait before panicking, I would expect that with everything being offline the patcher isn't connecting to any server and erroring
    Soupy twist
    Options
  • YetAnotherLinuxUser
    YetAnotherLinuxUser
    ✭✭✭✭
    makes sense. TY!
    Options
  • SpacemanSpiff1
    SpacemanSpiff1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    i would panic now. better to start early.
    Options
  • YetAnotherLinuxUser
    YetAnotherLinuxUser
    ✭✭✭✭
    i mean i guess i could go wash dishes or something useful while i wait? maybe take a shower....
    Options
  • YetAnotherLinuxUser
    YetAnotherLinuxUser
    ✭✭✭✭
    there's these cats i have i could spend time with too i guess...
    Options
  • Grizzbeorn
    Grizzbeorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    should i be worried that when i open the launcher and the game doesn't update and got a self-update error and a patch manifest error? panic now or wait until at least 2 pm to panic?

There is no patch today.
    If there were it would state "patch maintenance" instead of just "maintenance."
    They also have EVERYTHING down at the same time, including the Account system, which isn't normally the case.
    So anyone starting the launcher is getting an error because it probably checks for updates at every start-up, but it has nothing to communicate with at the moment, which it is interpreting as a problem, so it's throwing an error message.

PC/NA Warden Main
      Options
    • freespirit
      freespirit
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      It doesn't say "patch maintenance" as such I am not expecting one, maybe it's data centre/hardware maintenance, it is exceptionally long after all? 🙂
      When people say to me........
      "You're going to regret that in the morning"
      I sleep until midday cos I'm a problem solver!
      Options
    • I_killed_Vivec
      I_killed_Vivec
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭

On the plus side: you'll be fully prepared when you find out maintenance goes from "In Progress" to "Extended".

On the down side: gotta pace yourself man... we could be in for a looooong maintenance period (especially for EU servers).

My tactics: mild panic now, but keep a bit in reserve for full on headless chicken mode in case they go even slightly over time.
      Options
    • Dagoth_Rac
      Dagoth_Rac
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭

On the plus side: you'll be fully prepared when you find out maintenance goes from "In Progress" to "Extended".

On the down side: gotta pace yourself man... we could be in for a looooong maintenance period (especially for EU servers).

My tactics: mild panic now, but keep a bit in reserve for full on headless chicken mode in case they go even slightly over time.

mb34ac06gnhh.gif
      Options
    • LouisaB75
      LouisaB75
      ✭✭✭✭

That is a slippery slope. I find giving my cats attention during what is normally computer time means needy cats wanting attention 24/7. They have no concept of gaming time and don't understand that they can't lay on the keyboard whenever they want. Give them an inch and they take a mile. Which soon leads to needless deaths on dungeon runs because the cat got in the way, sat on my hand, pawed at my face, or did something else to demand that extra attention.
      Options
    • Azrael_1976
      Azrael_1976
      ✭✭✭
      What are you worring about? The maintenance is scheduled until 18:00 UTC, which is the same as 20:00 CEST.

2,5 hours to go from now on... ;)
      Options
    • Grizzbeorn
      Grizzbeorn
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      LouisaB75 wrote: »

That is a slippery slope. I find giving my cats attention during what is normally computer time means needy cats wanting attention 24/7. They have no concept of gaming time and don't understand that they can't lay on the keyboard whenever they want. Give them an inch and they take a mile. Which soon leads to needless deaths on dungeon runs because the cat got in the way, sat on my hand, pawed at my face, or did something else to demand that extra attention.

I see you are familiar with my personal Hell...

162em9H.jpg
        PC/NA Warden Main
        Options
      • LouisaB75
        LouisaB75
        ✭✭✭✭
        Yep. That looks familiar. Clearly your cat and mine think alike. I mean we don't need to see all of the screen, do we?
        Options
      • YetAnotherLinuxUser
        YetAnotherLinuxUser
        ✭✭✭✭
        Grizzbeorn wrote: »

162em9H.jpg

this is why i have mounted my 40 inch tv's to the wall and play from the couch and use wireless controllers with my pc. usb cables and wired controllers have no chance to last in my place.
        Edited by YetAnotherLinuxUser on October 17, 2023 3:57PM
        Options
      • Grizzbeorn
        Grizzbeorn
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        ✭✭
        Yep. That looks familiar. Clearly your cat and mine think alike. I mean we don't need to see all of the screen, do we?

Apurrently not. (so says my little female, here, while purring up a storm.)
        It's even worse when my big male bruiser stands up and blocks the entire monitor.
          PC/NA Warden Main
          Options
        • TaSheen
          TaSheen
          ✭✭✭✭✭
          ✭✭✭✭✭
          You guys.... I REALLY want a kitten - but I'm afraid our "only dog" would not be happy. She's never been around cats - and adding one at 8.5 years old would probably not fly.

I had lost my last old kitty (21) just before we got Libby as a puppy, and I was just too sad to get a kitten right then. *sigh*

But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending.

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- three accounts, many alts....
          Options
        • YetAnotherLinuxUser
          YetAnotherLinuxUser
          ✭✭✭✭
          21 is a ripe old age for a cat. Clearly you do exceptionally well at providing care for your cat. What a lucky cat to have you for it's caretaker!
          Options
        • TaSheen
          TaSheen
          ✭✭✭✭✭
          ✭✭✭✭✭
          21 is a ripe old age for a cat. Clearly you do exceptionally well at providing care for your cat. What a lucky cat to have you for it's caretaker!

Thank you! Actually, the previous three were 24, 23, and 20. The youngest cat I've ever lost was the 17 year old male I "inherited" from daughter when they PCSd to EU - and he had Feline Urinary Syndrome. The vet told me Shadow was the oldest cat he'd ever heard of with FUS.

But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending.

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- three accounts, many alts....
          Options
        • EmilyElizabethESO
          EmilyElizabethESO
          ✭✭✭

Mine is 18 years old! Clearly the way to get your cat to live longer is play ESO
          Options
        • virtus753
          virtus753
          ✭✭✭✭✭
          ✭✭✭✭

162em9H.jpg

Wait until they leave the screen in favor of hitting the hard reset button in the middle of a tri reset…
          Options
        • YetAnotherLinuxUser
          YetAnotherLinuxUser
          ✭✭✭✭
          I deal with community cats. A cat that lives to 15 or beyond is something for a community cat. Also hard to know for sure since wasn't there for birth. My first cat was hit by a car. 2600$ later to save her life and she died a year later from her heart murmur. Had 3 die since july. it's hard to take. When you take on a community cat you get a shortened life expectancy in most cases. My FIV+ cat was at least 16 and had a major heart attack and so we put him down rather than let him suffer and probably have another or a stroke and such. Another developed jaundice and they put him down too. His was unexpected. Likey wont have a cat live much beyond 15 if that. 20 is typical for a well cared for cat. Sadly most cats arent well cared for and the avg for a cat is closer to 15. beyond 20 is a huge blessing and speaks volumes for the care taker and the cat. Though i know nothing really. I stumble along as i go along.
          Options
        • YetAnotherLinuxUser
          YetAnotherLinuxUser
          ✭✭✭✭
          Also the launcher no longer errors for me so that server must be up. cant login yet though to eu server. soon though it looks like.
          Options
        • JemadarofCaerSalis
          JemadarofCaerSalis
          ✭✭✭
          virtus753 wrote: »

162em9H.jpg

Wait until they leave the screen in favor of hitting the hard reset button in the middle of a tri reset…

This reminds me of my old cat. He was taught not to hit the power button on the computer.
          ...So he just unplugged the darn thing instead.

Now, I have my monitor up on a little desk thingie (can't think of what it is called, but it is just a little shelf/drawer thing meant for monitors) and my keyboard can go somewhat under it, the mouse is in a keyboard tray (tried to put the keyboard there, but I don't like it there), so my cats can lay in front of me and have to work at hitting keys (they still do, but it isn't easy. People probably wonder why I am running into battle, then start jumping, summoning other companions and opening my map/journal/group/find an activity screens in the middle of it)
          Options
        • Karivaa
          Karivaa
          ✭✭✭✭✭
          I have to put my tvs on the wall and use wireless everything to play ESO because of my cats. I used to foster them.
          Options
        • virtus753
          virtus753
          ✭✭✭✭✭
          ✭✭✭✭

162em9H.jpg

He was taught not to hit the power button on the computer.

Most impressive. Does he do the whole “I’m doing this because I want to, not because you told me to” routine?

Mine is smart enough to recognize the words he wants to hear (and remember where I hide all his treats) but doesn’t seem to be aware that it gives him away when he plays dumb…
          Options
        • LouisaB75
          LouisaB75
          ✭✭✭✭
          When my cats cause chaos in group stuff I just need to type incaPUSSitated and my friends know exactly what I mean.

They are actually being quite good at the moment, but I can almost guarantee that the second maintenance finishes will be the exactly time they decide to jump all over me. It's almost as if they KNOW.
          Options
        • majulook
          majulook
          ✭✭✭✭✭
          PCNA has 40 minutes to go.

What are the odds its going into extended maintenance?

Si vis pacem, para bellum
          Options
        • Tieberion
          Tieberion
          ✭✭✭
          My cat loves to steal my chair when I'm not there. Otherwise my old man's in my lap:

https://i.imgur.com/Vq1SXyp.jpg
          Options
        • JemadarofCaerSalis
          JemadarofCaerSalis
          ✭✭✭

162em9H.jpg

He was taught not to hit the power button on the computer.

Most impressive. Does he do the whole “I’m doing this because I want to, not because you told me to” routine?

Mine is smart enough to recognize the words he wants to hear (and remember where I hide all his treats) but doesn’t seem to be aware that it gives him away when he plays dumb…

He is gone now, but he wasn't really like that.

My current cats, now, have that down pat.

They each recognize their OWN names, will come when called, when they want to, and knows what 'no' means. Whether or not they agree that 'no means no' is really dependant on their mood and what they want. If it is cuddles, they suddenly don't understand a word of english except 'Yes' and 'Okay'.
          Options
        • JemadarofCaerSalis
          JemadarofCaerSalis
          ✭✭✭
          When my cats cause chaos in group stuff I just need to type incaPUSSitated and my friends know exactly what I mean.

They are actually being quite good at the moment, but I can almost guarantee that the second maintenance finishes will be the exactly time they decide to jump all over me. It's almost as if they KNOW.

They do. I have long noticed that cats have a sixth/seventh/eighth sense with regards to someone wanting to relax (best time to want to go out/point out the food bowl is empty/hack up a hairball), someone just getting ready to leave (perfect time for cuddles), and someone wanting to lay down (that spot is JUST the perfect spot for them to lay, and they HAVE to get to it before you do). There is also a ninth sense with regards to the vet. Even if you don't mention the name, don't make the appointment in their hearing, don't do a thing with the cage? They KNOW.
          Options