Maintenance for the week of June 17:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – June 17, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – June 17, 10:00PM EDT (June 18, 2:00 UTC) - June 18, 5:00AM EDT (9:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – June 17, 10:00PM EDT (June 18, 2:00 UTC) - June 18, 5:00AM EDT (9:00 UTC)

I see maintenance is still in progress.. expected to last until 2 pm est time us for eu servers

• Dietche
    Dietche
    ✭✭✭
    Everyone, very soon, probably:
    s82cawatuycy.png
    Guild Leader: Sardonically Synthesized
    Options
  • Aorcain
    Aorcain
    ✭✭
    I think that this behavior on the part of ZOS is a very serious disrespect towards the players. They don't write until what time the maintenance is extended, nor do they give the game back, nor do they write why they had to do such a long maintenance

and no compensation either, like most of the game developers do in any maintenance cases. :)
    Options
  • LouisaB75
    LouisaB75
    ✭✭✭✭
    I actually normally wouldn't be able to log on at that time. I usually get up at 6am and exercise before work, but today I had an appointment this morning so I was up early, no time to do my exercise, but just enough to log on and do my daily endeavours and crafting writs. Just a coincidence but not normally the case that it falls like that. Usually I end up missing a day when this happens.
    Options
  • JemadarofCaerSalis
    JemadarofCaerSalis
    ✭✭✭
    LouisaB75 wrote: »
    I actually normally wouldn't be able to log on at that time. I usually get up at 6am and exercise before work, but today I had an appointment this morning so I was up early, no time to do my exercise, but just enough to log on and do my daily endeavours and crafting writs. Just a coincidence but not normally the case that it falls like that. Usually I end up missing a day when this happens.

I have the feeling that I am going to miss a day, because I bet the game will want to start from the beginning downloading *sigh*
    Options
  • HedgeHugger
    HedgeHugger
    ✭✭✭
    Do you think the Diablo servers run on the same server system as ESO?
    Both are down at the same time currently, coincidence?
    (insert conspiracy theory here).
    :)
    Options
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Hey everyone, just wanted to give you all a heads up that we will begin opening servers in just a few minutes. Thanks for your patience - we know maintenance today has been longer than usual!
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Options
    Staff Post
  • DragonRacer
    DragonRacer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Do you think the Diablo servers run on the same server system as ESO?
    Both are down at the same time currently, coincidence?
    (insert conspiracy theory here).
    :)

Diablo was expected to be down today to patch up for the new DLC season.

PS5 NA. GM of The PTK's - a free trading guild (CP 500+). Also a werewolf, bites are free when they're available. PSN = DragonRacer13
    Options
  • Overamera
    Overamera
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hey everyone, just wanted to give you all a heads up that we will begin opening servers in just a few minutes. Thanks for your patience - we know maintenance today has been longer than usual!

Is there a reason for it being longer than usual?
    Options
  • Neriala
    Neriala
    ✭✭✭

thanks for the information Gina :-)
    Life is like a river. Wisdom is knowing when to paddle and when to float. There's a time to grab your paddle and forge your way ahead in life and there's a time to just chill, relax and just go with the flow.

Options
  • Victus
    Victus
    ✭✭✭

Thank you Gina for letting us know!
    Throm the First - Redguard Dragon Knight - Daggerfall Covenant
    Options
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Overamera wrote: »

The work being done today was all backend work that needed to be completed on all Live megaservers (such as firmware updates, among many other things).
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Options
    Staff Post
  • Sarannah
    Sarannah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

They were having an entire office attackers vs defenders keep fight in Cyrodiil, and didn't want us players to interfere or make lag. >:)
    Options
  • Wuduwasa13
    Wuduwasa13
    ✭✭✭

Edited: Gina answered above
    Edited by Wuduwasa13 on October 17, 2023 6:46PM
    Options
  • Kejann
    Kejann
    Soul Shriven
    I think firmware updates is code for greasing the hamster wheel axles.
    Options
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All this talk of cats reminded me that I saw a congregation of cats in the game the other day. One appeared to be holding court and all the other strays in the area (with some delightful names I can't remember now) were wandering up to listen. Now it is going to bug me as to where I saw them. And unfortunately while the maintenance is going on I can't go retrace my steps to figure it out.

There is such a congregation in Suran, Vvardenfell. It's part of a cat quest that results in a very cat-appropriate furnishing. I highly recommend any cat fanciers do that quest as soon as possible!
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
    Options
  • thejadefalcon
    thejadefalcon
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The work being done today was all backend work that needed to be completed on all Live megaservers (such as firmware updates, among many other things).

Why are we only learning this after the fact though? Nearly an hour after maintenance was supposed to end. How many promises of better communication will it take before better communication actually happens? You don't even remember the Maintenance Announcements forum exists.
    Options
  • sarahthes
    sarahthes
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Why are we only learning this after the fact though? Nearly an hour after maintenance was supposed to end. How many promises of better communication will it take before better communication actually happens? You don't even remember the Maintenance Announcements forum exists.

The maintenance is always boring backend stuff unless they announce it isn't. I don't see why they need to announce it every time. Besides, it's not exactly good operational security to announce that your firmware is out of date and requires patching.
    Options
  • ApexPraedator
    ApexPraedator
    Soul Shriven
    Is there a reason we did not get any informations about a new ETA earlier? Witht he background of trying to improove communication that would be an idea, no?
    Options
  • Neriala
    Neriala
    ✭✭✭
    how many minutes are a few? :s
    Life is like a river. Wisdom is knowing when to paddle and when to float. There's a time to grab your paddle and forge your way ahead in life and there's a time to just chill, relax and just go with the flow.

Options
  • Northern_Mage
    Northern_Mage
    ✭✭

Any new estimate on how much longer we are going to sit by the keyboards and stare at the login screen? o:)
    Options
  • LouisaB75
    LouisaB75
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jaraal wrote: »
    All this talk of cats reminded me that I saw a congregation of cats in the game the other day. One appeared to be holding court and all the other strays in the area (with some delightful names I can't remember now) were wandering up to listen. Now it is going to bug me as to where I saw them. And unfortunately while the maintenance is going on I can't go retrace my steps to figure it out.

There is such a congregation in Suran, Vvardenfell. It's part of a cat quest that results in a very cat-appropriate furnishing. I highly recommend any cat fanciers do that quest as soon as possible!

That sounds like it might be the right place. I was probably pickpocketing in that zone at the time. Thanks.
    Options
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Neriala wrote: »
    how many minutes are a few? :s

PC is opening now!
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Options
    Staff Post
  • Lady_Ems
    Lady_Ems
    ✭✭✭

What is a "few minutes" when it comes to ZOS, its been almost 20, that's a lot more than just a few
    Options
  • JonesFPS
    JonesFPS
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno Thanks for the Update.

I have a serious question tho. Would it be to much just to add that little piece of Information to the Maintenancetime.

Like: Servermaintenance from time X to time Y (Firmware Updates etc.)

Would save you guys a lot of work and would save others a lot of brainspace for their theories as to why it takes so long xD
    A bit more Transparency would literally make everyones life and work so much more chill.

Options
  • TheGreatBlackBear
    TheGreatBlackBear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chill out go eat a croissant and smoke a cigarette or something. it'll open when it opens
    Options
  • h9dlb
    h9dlb
    ✭✭✭✭
    I bet a few people went outside today
    Options
  • EmEm_Oh
    EmEm_Oh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I deal with community cats. A cat that lives to 15 or beyond is something for a community cat. Also hard to know for sure since wasn't there for birth. My first cat was hit by a car. 2600$ later to save her life and she died a year later from her heart murmur. Had 3 die since july. it's hard to take. When you take on a community cat you get a shortened life expectancy in most cases. My FIV+ cat was at least 16 and had a major heart attack and so we put him down rather than let him suffer and probably have another or a stroke and such. Another developed jaundice and they put him down too. His was unexpected. Likey wont have a cat live much beyond 15 if that. 20 is typical for a well cared for cat. Sadly most cats arent well cared for and the avg for a cat is closer to 15. beyond 20 is a huge blessing and speaks volumes for the care taker and the cat. Though i know nothing really. I stumble along as i go along.

I'm so sorry for your losses. My cat lived to be 18 (had free-reign over the house and outside as well--picked on local dogs which came on my property I have no idea how she managed that one but they ran off in terror lol--she could be one evil B!), and I haven't got another one since.

Feline hugs from over here.
    Edited by EmEm_Oh on October 17, 2023 6:56PM
    Options
  • twev
    twev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i'm tired though from my earlier panicking and need a nap now though...

You were advised not to peak too early.
    o:)

The problem with society these days is that no one drinks from the skulls of their enemies anymore.
    Options
  • AnonomissX
    AnonomissX
    ✭✭✭✭
    XBox NA please please please....aaaaaahhhh......
    Ebonheart Pact, Nord Templar/healer on NA Xbox server. My main toon WAS a tall and foxy redhead - now she has been gamma-irradiated and has green skin and black hair. 3 other characters I only use for writs. Can't be bothered to create multiple toons - EXCEPT now my WW is getting spooled up for Cyrodiil - Blood For The Pact! IRL cranky sometimes redhead chick at large in Las Vegas, NV
    Options
  • Katheriah
    Katheriah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    h9dlb wrote: »
    I bet a few people went outside today

Why whould you do that when you can refresh the forum the entire day.
    Options